Nuzlocke Challenge

And quite frankly, most people have NOT beaten any given game 50 times. We're a competitive Pokemon forum, not a support group for the overly obsessed.
I beat the original Knights of the Old Republic over 50 times. By the end of that I could beat it in under 5 hours.

But you do have a point. 200 is just retardedly too much

Oh really? Because the actual fan base of pokemon are not 30 years old. Your off by a good 20 years or so. Im also not fat, im 17, weight 116 pounds, and i live in my mothers upstairs. This is not the point, don't go making idiotic points when its not pokemon related.

Now, misty update.

Zubat (Zubby)Lvl 19:
Leech Life
Super Sonic
Bide
Bite (WHAT I WOULD GIVE FOR THIS TO BE DARK -_-)

Pidgeotto (Pid)Lvl 21:
Gust (God Tier Move baby)
Sand-Attack
Quick-Attack
Whirlwind

Nidoqueen (Nidder)Lvl 21:
Water Gun
Poison Sting
Mega Punch
Double Kick

Yeah, clearly Nidoqueen is overpowered -_____- This is the one gym it isn't useful in besides sabrina where no one is useful besides Jolteon with Pin Missile.

EDIT: Starmie, meet Zubat. Zubat, use Super Sonic. Subat, drain its HP till it dies. GG Misty.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Giffica, stop trolling this thread with your trollish comments. That is all I have to say, apart from the fact that you're not playing in the Nuzlocke spirit.

Abra Has been Caught. GG pokemon, gg.

Im not trolling, im playing the game and im doing the nuzlocke challenge. Infact, im crushing it. Im doing crystal after thing however, which will be a lot more exciting than Yellow and its broken outdated typing and moves.

i am too lazy to actually write a nuz challenge here(although i am doing one in ruby right now) but i try to check this thread everyday to see most people updates and how they are doing. see you guys paying attention to some random troll like him was really fun but it got boring after a while. i suggest you guys just ignore him.

there is nothing wrong in beating a game multiple times(i have being playing fallout new vegas for quite a while already) as long you dont do it in a row. one thing is to enjoy playing the game, another is playing non-stop for bragging rights or the heck of it and this guy, IF he is really doing a nuz run, is really just doing for the heck of it.

have fun playing dammit

Abra Has been Caught. GG pokemon, gg.

Im not trolling, im playing the game and im doing the nuzlocke challenge. Infact, im crushing it. Im doing crystal after thing however, which will be a lot more exciting than Yellow and its broken outdated typing and moves.
<agrees with Lucalibur>

<gives up>

Why did I just spend almost an hour of my life trying to fight a troll?

Just don't show up in the Scramble Challange thread. Please.

Oh i will, don't worry. If not just to laugh cause you reminded me to go there.

Either way, im doing a Nuz Challenge. Im simply pointing out its really not that hard. Its not hard at all.

For all intensive purposes, the challenge has been completed. I have a Kadabra. As we all know, its a Kadabra in pokemon yellow, what else needs to be said? Its like a mewtwo but without his stats. Nothing can stop kadabra.

Koga is gone. Pidgeotto died from poison in his gym. Nidoqueen is level 42, Kadabra is level 47. Everyone else died. Sucks.

what's wrong with this giffica guy?i don't even think he is doing an actual nuzlocke challenge...how is it possible to have reached that far in the game and simultaneously posting all that comments?

Im not always pressing it :P Yellow runs at that speed on VBA. I can get it up to 2800. 2nd gen run at 1200%. At tht speed, i can hold it down a entire game, set the walk through walls cheat on, and beat the game. If you didn't know, if you go beyond a certain point in those games with the walk through walls cheat, it corrupts your game. So if i walk to far away from the regular city/path/whatever, bam corrupt. :) Try it at that speed ^^

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How I wish I was a mod...

Regardless of how much I've laughed in the last 10 minutes reading the moronic comments of this douchebag over the 8 pages in the two threads he's spammed he needs to go. If anybody reading this thread and I mean anybody is friends with a moderator please request of them to read his posts in the Scramble and Nuzlocke threads and take whatever action is appropriate.

i will take full responsibility if this would be considered mini-modding but as the longest tenured active participant in both threads I will not sit by and let this troll ruin our threads. Good day.

I just want to say I love nuzlockes, haven't tried playing maybe someday but i really like reading them. i can't do that if there are dumbasses arguing all the time over nothing. shut up. 'nuff said

Done with Ruby

So I suck at Nuzlocke. I absolutely ate grinding, so I die quite often. This was my fifth Ruby Nuzlocke. Yeah, I lost four time before, twice to Flannery's Torkoal, once, to random Taillow crits before I even had three pokemon, and once to Whitney I think. This time, I was allowing myself to use any items, I just couldn't purchase any. This run, my fifth had been the most successful.

Then I hit Flannery, and the tradgedy began. I got her down to her Torkoal, and was fairly confident my Marshtomp would wreck her. Unfortunately, body slam paralyzed me, and another body slam critted, and killed me. Awesome. Next came my Gyarados, Brutus, to clean up. Unfortunately, I made an absolutely stupid decision, and figured that even though I could now 2HKO her, flail wouldn't be a problem. It was, and Brutus passed away. Fortunately, Torkoal was left with next to no health, and some other member of my party finished it. Obviously, there was some pretty bad playing by me, but losing my two best party members was still disheartening.

The problems subsided until I went to battle Norman. Turns out that you can't get back to any higher level areas after you return to Petalburg city. This meant that, in all practicality, I could no longer level up my pokemon. I figured I'd just face Norman and see what happened.

I began the norman battle with Zachariah the Golbat. Zach confused slaking, and proceeded to gradually wear him down with wing attack and confuse ray, using super potions along the way. Vigoroth came out, and killed zach with a critical. Susan the Linnone then came out, and somehow managed to sand attack and headbutt vigoroth to death. Unfortunately, the second slaking outsped linoone. Noone else in my party was at all powerful enough to make a dent, and they were all OHKOed. I have plenty of pokemon in my pc, but they all suck. RIP Quideck I-V.

So, that was unfortunate. I'm either going to do Gold or LeafGreen next. Any suggestion?

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How I wish I was a mod...

i will take full responsibility if this would be considered mini-modding but as the longest tenured active participant in both threads I will not sit by and let this troll ruin our threads. Good day.
Ouch

ANyway ill update my Challenge soon. Just smoking TR atm

HEARTGOLD NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE​

UPDATE NUMBER 1​

THE RULES

-If a Pokemon in your party faints, I must release it.
-Every time I reach a new route, cave, etc., I can only catch the very first Pokemon I see.
-If I fail to catch the first Pokemon I see, either via it fleeing, knocking it out, or having no Pokeballs, I may not catch another.
-I must nickname my pokemon.
-If my entire party faints, they all must be thrown away. If I have a pokemon left in a box somewhere, I may continue, otherwise I must start my game over.
-I am, under no circumstance, allowed to use items outside of battle.
-Battle style is set.
-If a run into a shiny i catch it no matter what.I can't let a shiny get away.

So last night i decided to start a heartgold nuzlocke after i failed twice in emerald...i decided to start with peppers the totodile because i have never used it(i always chose cyndaquil and chicorita).During my first run through routes 29 and 30 i had no pokeballs, so i could not catch any of the pokemon there...so i took the chance to grind a bit with peppers and raise her to level 10.

As fast as i got the first pokeballs i went to route 46 and i found a geodude...i could not continue with only one member so rocker the geodude was added to the team...at route 31 i run into a caterpie i water gunned with peppers to weaken it a bit but a freaking crit left me with no pokemon from this route...at least by this moment peppers was lvl 11 and rocker was lvl 10...

i went straight to the sprout tower for the extra training i beat all the first trainers with peppers and only at the last floor i run into a a rattata.i figured a scratch would weaken it but it seemed to be too strong for it to survive it...seriously i have to do something for this...i can't have a team of only two members...

so i trained rocker a bit to get to lvl 11 and learn rock throw so then i went to the gym which was destroyed by rocker's raw power...against falkner i rock polished first turn and then proceed to sweep with rock throw...
so now i am heading to route 32 to hopefully get a new team member and reach azalea for my second gym battle...

TEAM SO FAR

PEPPERS the totodile
level 15
female
relaxed
scratch
water gun
bite
scary face

ROCKER the geodude
level 14
male
serious
rock polish
tackle
defense curl
rock throw

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My apologies ginganinja, that was meant as active in both threads at the same time, I know that there are users who are still active here that have been posting longer than me although I have followed the thread since it was oringinally posted. My first post in the thread was around page 43 iirc.

Texas Cloverleaf

I suggest using Piplup and abusing Intimidate e.g. get a Staraptor, Luxray and Gyarados. Particularly since Gyarados is Platinums LG Starmie, that is to say a pokemon which rapes the game. I`ve actually been compiling a list of pokemon that break the Nuzlocke challenge and I would be interested in some input.

FR/LG: Starmie; Surf/Bolt/Beam allows you to sweep the majority of the Elite Four with ease. All around stats means its unlikely to be KOed.

HG/SS: Poliwrath/Miltank: An unsure choice, these two get the nod for their fast Substitutesand ability to laugh at Lance`s Dragonites. Opinions here are appreciated.

R/S/E: Gardevoir: Despite being a pain in the ass to evolve, an excellent combination of stats as well as Calm Mind and a decent movepool means this thing kills evrything with ease.

D/P/Pt: Gyarados; Dragon Dance/ Waterfall/ Earthquake/Return sweeps the game, nuff said.

So guys what do you think are pokemon that are insanely good inside a Nuzlocke?

HG/SS: Poliwrath/Miltank: An unsure choice, these two get the nod for their fast Substitutesand ability to laugh at Lance`s Dragonites. Opinions here are appreciated.
I totally agree with the poliwrath choice. this is my first heartgold nuzlocke and i am wishing to be lucky to catch one to teach it a set of focus punch substitute waterfall and a filler(maybe hypnosis?), at least until i reach the battle tower to teach it ice punch...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)