Pokémon Minus - Street Pokémon with Mimic Glitch Allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other day on IRC the idea of an interesting new metagame was brought up. As a number of people, myself included, are interested in actually playing this metagame comes this thread.

First of all, what is Street Pokémon? Street Pokémon is a metagame with no rules, no clauses, except for one: Mimic glitched movesets are banned. This metagame allows such movesets, meaning you could have say, a Skill Swap Slaking, or Extremespeed Snorlax.

Copypasted as I'm lazy, here is how the mimic glitch works:

-Go to 2vs2 battle
-Let your Ditto use Transform
-After transforming, be sure your Mimicker is faster than Ditto and target your Mimic to Transformed Ditto
-Mimic copies the Transform
-Target Mimicked Transform into your Ditto
-On Dittos turn, switch Ditto to Pokémon which moveset do you want to get (Smeargle)
-After Transforming, kill your Mimicking Pokémon
-Bring any Pokémon on front and win the match
-Now your Mimic Pokémon has forgotten all of its previous moves and knows the moves of the Pokémon which you Transformed into.

Now, this would appear to mean you can have up to 3 moves from Gen 4 or back, no Gen 5 moves.

Yet one of these copied moves can be Sketch.

Now, here is a simple guideline to making a legitimate moveset for something that can learn Mimic:

Your moves can be any move from Generations 1 through 4. In addition, as Sketch can be copied over, one move may be any Generation 5 move except for Cold Flare and Freeze Bolt, as these moves are both unreleased and cannot be called by Metronome.

A few examples of sets from either the IRC chat that spawned this or my own personal notebook. Note that there should be no talk of banning as there are absolutely no clauses or bans. This is true Street Pokémon.

Deoxys-S@Choice Scarf
Timid | Pressure
252 Spe
~Spore

I expect this to be one of the largest threats in the metagame without Sleep Clause in place.

Electivire@Life Orb
Adamant | Motor Drive
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
~ Gear Change / Shell Smash / Icicle Drop
~ Volt Tackle
~ Ice Punch / Dragon Dance
~ Sacred Fire / Fire Punch

Perhaps Electivire can finally have the power to actually KO things, instead of leaving them at just more than 1% HP.

Machamp (MAFRO) @ Expert Belt
Adamant | No Guard
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
~ Gear Change
~ Sheer Cold
~ Hi Jump Kick
~ Stone Edge / Sing

Unfortunately Fire Punch is an egg move, and Machamp cannot hit Forretress for SE damage, however every single thing in the game with Sturdy except for Forretress is hit by Fighting/Rock for SE. Alternatively, run Sing / Grasswhistle / Spore / Sleep Powder / etc. Gear Change for speed, and obliterate everything in your path with the mighty frost magic of your afro.

The following lists are all Pokémon who can potentially use Transform to learn any move in the game.

List of Pokémon That Can Learn Mimic

Bulbasaur
Ivysaur
Venusaur
Charmander
Charmeleon
Charizard
Squirtle
Wartortle
Blastoise
Butterfree
Beedrill
Pidgey
Pidgeotto
Pidgeot
Rattata
Raticate
Spearow
Fearow
Ekans
Arbok
Pikachu
Raichu
Sandshrew
Sandslash
Nidoran♀
Nidorina
Nidoqueen
Nidoran♂
Nidorino
Nidoking
Clefairy
Clefable
Vulpix
Ninetales
Jigglypuff
Wigglytuff
Zubat
Golbat
Oddish
Gloom
Vileplume
Paras
Parasect
Venonat
Venomoth
Diglett
Dugtrio
Meowth
Persian
Psyduck
Golduck
Mankey
Primeape
Growlithe
Arcanine
Poliwag
Poliwhirl
Poliwrath
Abra
Kadabra
Alakazam
Machop
Machoke
Machamp
Bellsprout
Weepinbell
Victreebel
Tentacool
Tentacruel
Geodude
Graveler
Golem
Ponyta
Rapidash
Slowpoke
Slowbro
Magnemite
Magneton
Farfetch'd
Doduo
Dodrio
Seel
Dewgong
Grimer
Muk
Shellder
Cloyster
Gastly
Haunter
Gengar
Onix
Drowzee
Hypno
Krabby
Kingler
Voltorb
Electrode
Exeggcute
Exeggutor
Cubone
Marowak
Hitmonlee
Hitmonchan
Lickitung
Koffing
Weezing
Rhyhorn
Rhydon
Chansey
Tangela
Kangaskhan
Horsea
Seadra
Goldeen
Seaking
Staryu
Starmie
Mr. Mime
Scyther
Jynx
Electabuzz
Magmar
Pinsir
Tauros
Gyarados
Lapras
Eevee
Vaporeon
Jolteon
Flareon
Porygon
Omanyte
Omastar
Kabuto
Kabutops
Aerodactyl
Snorlax
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Dratini
Dragonair
Dragonite
Mewtwo
Mew
Chikorita
Bayleef
Meganium
Cyndaquil
Quilava
Typhlosion
Totodile
Croconaw
Feraligatr
Sentret
Furret
Hoothoot
Noctowl
Ledyba
Ledian
Spinarak
Ariados
Crobat
Chinchou
Lanturn
Pichu
Cleffa
Igglybuff
Togepi
Togetic
Natu
Xatu
Mareep
Flaaffy
Ampharos
Bellossom
Marill
Azumarill
Sudowoodo
Politoed
Hoppip
Skiploom
Jumpluff
Aipom
Sunkern
Sunflora
Yanma
Wooper
Quagsire
Espeon
Umbreon
Murkrow
Slowking
Misdreavus
Girafarig
Pineco
Forretress
Dunsparce
Gligar
Steelix
Snubbull
Granbull
Qwilfish
Scizor
Shuckle
Heracross
Sneasel
Teddiursa
Ursaring
Slugma
Magcargo
Swinub
Piloswine
Corsola
Remoraid
Octillery
Delibird
Mantine
Skarmory
Houndour
Houndoom
Kingdra
Phanpy
Donphan
Porygon2
Stantler
Tyrogue
Hitmontop
Smoochum
Elekid
Magby
Miltank
Blissey
Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Larvitar
Pupitar
Tyranitar
Lugia
Ho-Oh
Celebi
Treecko
Grovyle
Sceptile
Torchic
Combusken
Blaziken
Mudkip
Marshtomp
Swampert
Poochyena
Mightyena
Zigzagoon
Linoone
Beautifly
Dustox
Lotad
Lombre
Ludicolo
Seedot
Nuzleaf
Shiftry
Taillow
Swellow
Wingull
Pelipper
Ralts
Kirlia
Gardevoir
Surskit
Masquerain
Shroomish
Breloom
Slakoth
Vigoroth
Slaking
Nincada
Ninjask
Shedinja
Whismur
Loudred
Exploud
Makuhita
Hariyama
Azurill
Nosepass
Skitty
Delcatty
Sableye
Mawile
Aron
Lairon
Aggron
Meditite
Medicham
Electrike
Manectric
Plusle
Minun
Volbeat
Illumise
Roselia
Gulpin
Swalot
Carvanha
Sharpedo
Wailmer
Wailord
Numel
Camerupt
Torkoal
Spoink
Grumpig
Spinda
Trapinch
Vibrava
Flygon
Cacnea
Cacturne
Swablu
Altaria
Zangoose
Seviper
Lunatone
Solrock
Barboach
Whiscash
Corphish
Crawdaunt
Baltoy
Claydol
Lileep
Cradily
Anorith
Armaldo
Feebas
Milotic
Castform
Kecleon
Shuppet
Banette
Duskull
Dusclops
Tropius
Chimecho
Absol
Snorunt
Glalie
Spheal
Sealeo
Walrein
Clamperl
Huntail
Gorebyss
Relicanth
Luvdisc
Bagon
Shelgon
Salamence
Metang
Metagross
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Latias
Latios
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Jirachi
Bonsly
Mime Jr.
Chatot

List of Pokémon That Learn Assist (and don't also learn Mimic)

All things that learn Metronome also learn Mimic.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
You can have whole movesets with the Mimic Glitch, not only 3 moves.

EDIT -- Wait, what is Rage doing there. You don't need it for the Japanese D/P Mimic Glitch, only for the HGSS Rage Glitch. Or are you telling me they didn't fix the HGSS Glitch and it passed on to B/W...?

Blissey (Supersubpasserer) @ Mental Herb/Leftovers
Bold | Natural Cure
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Softboiled
- Taunt/Cotton Guard/Flamethrower/Ice Beam

Taunt + Mental Herb is there to fuck all over the cocks of MH pokes. It's optional though, you are free to run an attack + Leftovers.

Essentially, using Blissey, you gain yourself 178 HP substitutes. If you setup on a wall, or have screens support, you can keep the sub intact and baton pass out to something with awesomesauce defenses, set up to +6 defenses, laugh at your GREAT WALLZ.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enter the (sla)King!

Slaking w/ Life Orb
Adamant |4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed

-Skill Swap
-Nitro Charge/Gear Shift
-Return/Earthquake
-Slack Off

This set essentially tells you, GTFO TO UBERS. NAO. Skill Swap on the first turn to pass Truant to some poor random dude, Nitro Charge anything that comes in and boost your shitty 90 speed, sweep with Return. If you are paranoid of being walled by Shandera/Heatran, you can choose to forego Return (and its 153 after-STAB base power) and use Earthquake instead. Slack Off is there to restore HP lost from LO and random damage. If you don't like the Fire attack, you can choose to run Gear Shift instead, not a bad choice considering your Attack is also raised.
(Edit: Fuck, I realised I got ninja'd in the OP. :P oh well.)

(Do note that the only Gen 4 Pokemon that can legally get Mimic are Mime Jr., Bonsly and Chatot. All 3 suck though :/)

Oh whoops, my bad, I copypasted the wrong version of the OP from my SD card. They fixed the rage glitch, made that version before I checked to see if it was gone now.

Also, Assist can call Transform, meaning that Infernape and Purugly can also have any moveset.

Tail Glow Infernape, anyone?

Cresselia@Life Orb
252 HP / 252 (Atk/SpAtk) / 6 SpDef; Jolly, Hasty or Timid nature
-Shell Break
-Aura Sphere/Cross Chop/Focus Punch
-Shadow Ball/Shadow Force/Shadow Claw
-Psychic/Zen Headbutt/Fire Blast

lolest sweeper ever. Fighting/Ghost for perfect Coverage, Psychic/Zen Headbutt for STAB and Fire Blast hits some wierdos that want to wall the physical moves.

everyone seems to be forgetting things that are already ridiculous.
No rules means no tiers.

Mewtwo @Life Orb
Timid | 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 HP
-Tail Glow
-Vacuum Wave
-Ice Beam /Shadow Ball
-Psycho Break

If 5th gen Pokémon are allowed, I came up with a set that could possibly be pretty fun to use.

Serperior@Leftovers
Bashful | Perversity
4 Atk / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spe
~ Leaf Storm
~ Close Combat
~ Recover
~ Overheat/Draco Meteor

The set explains itself really. Leaf Storm for STAB, Close Combat to raise your defenses so you can tank while you boost, and so you're not completely helpless against Blissey. Recover to help the tanking. Overheat for killing steels, Draco Meteor for killing Dragons. A Bashful nature is used, as lowering any stat kind of kills the point of the set.

EDIT: Wait, it's mimic only....

Oh well, it was fun thinking this up, and if it ever does get Mimic....

And just for laughs:

Shedinja@Lum Berry
Adamant | Wonder Guard
252 Atk / 4 Def (Lol) / 252 Spe
~ Mirror Type
~ Toxic
~ Focus Punch
~ Safeguard/Taunt

If you somehow copy a Spiritomb or a Sabeleye this would be a pretty funny set to use if Mirror Type works on them....if they don't have a Tyranitar or something.

Shuckle@Leftovers
Calm/Whatever | Perversity
252 HP/252 Def/4 Sp.Def
~Close Combat
~Leaf Storm
~Draco Meteor
~Power Share

Spam Close Combat to get +6 in both defenses/Power Share to make them do pitiful damage while also raising you attacking stats. Then start to spam your insanely powerful attacking moves. A never dying bug.

A really insane set.....

Marowak@Thick Club
Jolly/Adamant | Rock Head
252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
~Gear Shift
~Earthquake
~Fire Punch
~Thunder Punch

Fear the reaper. Marowak boosts the highest attack stat ingame after the boost from Thick Club, adding in +1 to that and you have a beast. +2 Speed means that it will start being fast enough to cause havoc. And Marowak is bulky enough to try and get a second one in.

Deoxys-S@Choice Scarf
Timid | Pressure
252 Spe
~Spore

I expect this to be one of the largest threats in the metagame without Sleep Clause in place.
Possibly even worse:

Darkrai@Choice Scarf
Timid | Bad Dreams
4 HP / 252 SA / 252 Spe
~Spore
~Dark Pulse
~Filler
~Filler

No Sleep Clause = 6 Slept Pokemon, who gradually lose health while in play. Can be outsped more easily, but Bad Dreams allows him to stay in and do something while Choice-Locked into Spore. Dark Pulse for Magic Mirror pokes. I don't think the filler even matters.

If 5th gen Pokémon are allowed, I came up with a set that could possibly be pretty fun to use.

Serperior@Leftovers
Bashful | Perversity
4 Atk / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spe
~ Leaf Storm
~ Close Combat
~ Recover
~ Overheat/Draco Meteor

The set explains itself really. Leaf Storm for STAB, Close Combat to raise your defenses so you can tank while you boost, and so you're not completely helpless against Blissey. Recover to help the tanking. Overheat for killing steels, Draco Meteor for killing Dragons. A Bashful nature is used, as lowering any stat kind of kills the point of the set.
what? No! Rock the hasty nature: V Generate/ draco meteor/ close combat/ Leaf storm

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
This metagame looks Scary AND Hilarious. But if you think about it It's basically who gets Spore in First (Second with Lum Berries)

Edit at Below: I didn't think of that... Sleep Counters may be enough to make Sleep Unpopular...

So, essentially, this tier would just be a free for all where every Pokémon can have any move?
No. Only Pokémon that could learn Mimic in Gen 4 can have any move, and are limited to a single Gen V move, as they can't have Sketch multiple times.

So about 90% of Gen 1, 2 and 3, as Mimic was a Generation 3 move tutor.

I should compile a list of things that learn Mimic.

Also, CTNC, you forget that the abilities Vital Spirit and Insomnia exist.

So do Mischievous Heart users, although they cannot take advantage of the movepool.

Also, Slaking@Lum Berry beats Deoxys-S as a lead. Deoxys-S Spores as Slaking Skill Swaps, Deoxys-S loafs around and Slaking Belly Drums, Deoxys-S dies to the Extremespeed.

So no Scarf Deoxys-S, as it loses to lots. Normal Deoxys-S with Taunt. But then it loses to Protect/Swords Dance/Megahorn/Brave Bird Ninjask.

Garchomp
- Gear Change (I know he always wanted Dragon Dance but this is even better)
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Flare Blitz

Welp, if that ain't scary, I don't know what is.

People need to start paying attention.
If it can't learn mimic, it can't have an 'illegal' moveset. Neither Darkrai nor Garchomp learn mimic, so cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)