The GHETTO SUPERSTARS

Introduction

Okay yeah so with Drizzle + Swift Swim being banned along with Manaphy, and my growing dislike for offensively based teams, I have decided to make a rate my team. The basis of the team is to wear down defensive threats so that either Zuruzukin, Scizor, or Blaziken could sweep, while at the same time allowing almost no set-up room to the most common Pokemon in the metagame. This team's accomplishments are pretty basic, only getting suspect rights for me and another, but I feel it uses a really cool-ass Pokemon so it deserves a rmt. That and the fact that people are starting to mouth off DD Zuruzukin (which has never been really popular anyway...) and saying it is inferior to Bulk Up Zuruzukin when that is definitely not the case.

Just some things to note

• All Pokemon on this team carry a Fighting move, giving essentially no room to some of the most often seen Pokemon (Nattorei - Doryuuzu)
  • One of the goals of the team was to have little to no problem with the major suspects (Doryuuzu/Manaphy/Latios/Rankurusu), which I successfully accomplished
  • No Entry Hazards (q.q)
  • Type synergy is horrible, but I never really valued it anyway
  • The Pokemon are GHETTO SUPERSTARS

Birijion @ Leftovers
Trait: Justice Heart
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Birijion isn't really my lead, but whenever an opponent carries Latios and sees Birijion as the lead, they send Latios out first, allowing Tyranitar to get the easy kill. Birijion was apart of the standard "2 checks + Weather Changer" trio that almost all teams had to run to stop the rampant rain attack. Birijion is also crucial as it is my only 100% switch in to Pokemon like Rotom-W and Burungeru, however with rain gone now, I'm thinking another Grass-type could be more effective to the team.

I had a Swords Dance Birijion set before this, but I found that the rest of my team really doesn't like getting burned, so changing to Calm Mind allows me to have more versatility switching in and out.

Tyranitar (M) @ Shuca Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Atk / 48 SAtk / 176 SDef
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Crunch
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Superpower / Thunder Wave

Tyranitar is pretty much a staple on any non-rain team as it is the most effective weather changer on most teams, and mine is no different. You may notice that Tyranitar lacks Stealth Rock, and that is because I believe that in the metagame this team was used in, nothing was really hampered by switching into Stealth Rock, and all four of the moves had a much more significant purpose.

The EVs are odd, but they allow me to switch into Specs Latios Draco Meteor twice so they're a bit useful, while the rest was just split to give some investment. Ice Beam + Shuca Berry are extremely important as they allow me to take on dangerous Pokemon like Landlos and Gliscor, which both get OHKOed. Fire Blast is to make sure Nattorei doesn't have freelance over me. Superpower is important to catch the Terakion/Tyranitar switch-ins and get the KO. I use Thunder Wave on occasion as it allows Tyranitar to be more of a team player.

Rankurusu (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Rankurusu was a highly debated suspect this period, and while voting it OU, I could see how people could deem it as too strong. Rankurusu rounds out the 2 checks + Weather Changer trio and serves as a nice makeshift counter to the strongest Pokemon in the game. I used Trick Room over Calm Mind because although Calm Mind is useful, the rest of the team isn't really having trouble with Stall on a huge scale, and I feel Calm Mind is too easily walled. Plus the ability to completely shift the game-pace is much too appealing.

Trick Room allows me to shift the tempo over to my side, and this thing is bulky enough to survive anything so basically I switch Rankurusu in, use Trick Room, then fuck shit up with LO +nature moves. Psychic is obvious as it is my strongest attack, Shadow Ball allows me to hit Lati@s, and Focus Blast eliminates Tyranitar. Rankurusu is a huge part of this team for its ability to lure out Pokemon that stand in the way of my ghetto trio, such as Lati@s. Rankurusu also attracts Scizor like crazy, allowing Blaziken to get free speed boosts with ease.

Blaziken (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 144 Atk / 252 SAtk / 112 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Hi Jump Kick
- Protect

Blaziken received a huge boost this generation with Speed Boost. It suddenly took his lackluster speed and make him faster than anything after two turns. I usually play Blaziken with a lot of risks, as its main objective is just to damage things so the rest of my team has a clear sweep. I'm using Mixken over Swords Dance because I feel that Blaziken's ability to be a make-shift check to things like Landlos and Latios with Protect is much too valuable.

Fire Blast just plainly wrecks stuff so it was a no brainer, and Hi Jump Kick is obligatory for its ability to beat Chansey/Blissey. I run Hidden Power Ice > Hidden Power Electric because I really don't like relying on Fire Blast hitting to kill Landlos/Gliscor, who could seriously harm my team. Blaziken is extremely important to the success of this team. Blaziken allows me to put constant pressure on my opponent because of its sheer power. That combined with the amount of pure blackness hidden inside it make it an unstoppable force.

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Superpower

Scizor remains as one of the top Pokemon this generation. Scizor's priority is incredibly useful and is what causes him to be so good. Team Preview makes Scizor an even stronger threat, as it allows me to make adjustments accordingly, like using Superpower when I see a Heatran on my opponent's team. I run a Swords Dance set because with the influx of Nattorei, Scizor gets great opportunities to set up, furthering the dominance this team has over Nattorei.

I don't run Roost over Superpower because I feel the ability to hit Scizor's common counters with Superpower on the switch-in extremely important. Also Roost slows this team down which doesn't fit the pace. Bullet Punch and Bug Bite are obviously there to fuck with white people thinking they're ghetto. I occasionally run Jolly to outrun Rotom-W designed to just beat Adamant Scizor.

Zuruzukin (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Earthquake Spiral
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Hi Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

This nigga is the definition of ghetto. Look at his sleek hoodie, sagging pants, and "fuck off" expression. I would go with a Relaxed nature if it didn't suck so much, but I guess a Jolly GHETTO SUPERSTAR isn't that bad. Anyway Zuruzukin is the key to this team's success. Those other 5 Pokemon? There were important to the team's success. This guy is the KEY. Plus, what's much worse than losing to this guy.

Many people say that Zuruzukin is inferior to many other Dragon Dancers, which is total bs. Zuruzukin gets close to unresisted STABs in High Jump Kick and Crunch, and destroys Gliscor/Landlos with Ice Punch. Also, unlike other DDers, Zuruzukin demolishes the common Burungeru/Gliscor/Nattorei trio with ease. Earthquake Spiral is undoubtedly the only ability that should be run as it discourages switching around to death fodders.

After a DD, Zuruzukin outspeeds everything up to +111's. That may not seem like much, but there really isn't anything common over that mark, so it gets the job done. Although I neglected HP EVs, Zuruzukin is still bulky enough to take an Earthquake from Doryuuzu and a Mach Punch from Roobushin, so it's bulky enough. I'm not really sure how else to describe this Pokemon than it just plainly fucks shit up.

:)

Great team! I am liking DD Zuruzukin, I really haven't seen him at all but he actually does look pretty awesome, so kudos on that. I think that messing up your team's synergy (which while odd, is certainly present) would be bad for a team like this, so I'll mostly just nitpick some sets.

Tyranitar's set is fine, but I think you should consider a few things. In my opinion, your ice beam + Shuca Berry set up is a bit unnecessary, as really the rest of your team handles Gliscor and Landolos just fine- Zuruzukin and Blaziken, to an extent, both lure in and KO them just fine, not to mention that Birijion hard counters them. I really do think that SR is a great idea on this team- while no threats are hit especially hard by it, it's just a great and easy entry hazard to set up and to use. Alternatively, you could run both Thunder Wave and Superpower to hit Tyranitar / Terakion on the switch with paralysis and then superpower them, which requires less prediction. It's also just fun to spam Thunder wave, idk. You may even want Pursuit, for annoying Latios or Starmie or Burungeru or whatever. As for the item, I personally have found Chople Berry rather useful, for people (myself and yourself included) who run a bunch of nasty surprises for the inevitable Tyranitar switch ins, most of which revolve around fighting moves. It also gives you an awesome check to Rankurusu, who can be somewhat problematic on occasion.

Just a quick note, I'm not sure if this is necessarily a good idea, but have you considered using Drain Punch over Hi Jump Kick? Obviously the drop in power is very noticeable, but I could see it useful on Blaziken or perhaps Zuruzukin. It seems to me that on Blaziken, Hi Jump Kick is a largely secondary move that you basically just use for special walls in your way. I won't bother with calcs, but Im sure that a Drain punch would hit them plenty hard without risking the recoil damage. SS + LO damage + full hazards damage seems like it would wear Blaziken down if it didn't have a way to recover its health, and people could just switch around on resistances until it's vulnerable to Scizor's bullet punch or something. I'm less sure about it on Zuruzukin, but it seems to me like it would be a good way to exploit his bulk- perhaps this would also allow you to run Life Orb? I'm not sure, just food for thought.

Again, this team really is very nice so I'm just throwing around ideas- considering you're probably retiring it and that you've used it for so long, I could see where these changes might not be helpful ("Don't fix what ain't broke"). Regardless I hope this helps in some capacity, good luck!

I just wanted to point out a rather large weakness to boosting water-types, especially DD Gyarados with bounce. I've got to run so I can't really offer anything more than this, sorry.

Smith - I really think Shuca + Ice Beam is necessary because if you look at my team, nothing can really survive 2 LO Landlos Earthquakes at all, so getting the kill is really crucial. Gliscor is just annoying so I like killing it. I'll probably run Pursuit on Tyranitar though because catching Latios on the switch could be very useful. I don't think Drain Punch > High Jump Kick would really work but I might try it out.

Eo - ...

To make a 100% check latia u should run a scarf pursuit tyranitar.,your missing a stealth rockr . The pure rock type that is some wat like metagross makes a great lead.

To make a 100% check latia u should run a scarf pursuit tyranitar.,your missing a stealth rockr . The pure rock type that is some wat like metagross makes a great lead.
Lol what. Pursuit activates before switching so Scarf is not necessary to kill Lati@s. And Metagross isn't rock-type...?

Anywaays I do think that you should at LEAST have Stealth Rock somewhere... Probably your Tyranitar, although I'm not exactly sure how to fit it in.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
hi pttp,

this is a well-rounded team for the most part so my changes with be minimal. i dont know man drain punch over hjk might seem like a good idea to look for. i mean, looking at common cores today nothing can really check it and they use switching to make that nigga drop on his knees and lose health. just give it a shot.

alright since the test is done i think you can try out a 252 hp / 252 def / 6 spd bold rankurusu with the item leftovers and the moveset calm mind / psychic / focus blast / recover. this guy is essentially the fattest motherfucker around town and it can take physical hits comfortably. the defense is most important though giving you a decent check to stuff like sd dory (should it get an sd without the balloon), terrakion, etc. it just builds physical defensive integrity.

as for other options adding pursuit over crunch might be an option. just take it in how it will remove some of your pokemon's prominent threats like latios, latias, and burungeru. with those pokemon removed from the match, virizion and blaziken in particular will have a relatively easier time sweeping. if you take this idea, you can feel reluctant with drain punch > hjk now cause.. burungeru is the only ghost type thats problematic to it. overall gl! awoo

For your Blaziken, I'd move 16 EV's from SP.ATK to Speed just so you outspeed Jolly max speed Garchomp after 1 boost, so you can OHKO with HP ICE. Also with your current spread you only tie with base 100's after a boost, so getting into a speed tie against something like Mence that can OHKO you with Earthquake isn't exactly ideal. At least give it an additional 4 EVs in speed so you outspeed base 100's. Blaziken shouldn't exactly be staying in long term anyway, so after you get that KO you'll probably want to switch him out and save him for later.

Just a question do any of you have a certain reason for suggesting to have Stealth Rock on Tyranitar other than the fact that it is "required" on all teams? I'm not saying I'm against it, its just that none of you have given me any real reason in using Stealth Rock.

franky - Yeah I guess Drain Punch over HJK could be a more reliable and efficient change so I'll try it out. I never really liked CM Rank but why not I suppose.

SirFunchAlot - You have your speed tiers in a whack...

Neutral Nature 92 Speed EV Blaziken has 219 speed. At +1 this means it has 328.5 (which rounds DOWN to 328) Speed, exactly as much as +Speed Natured Base 100's. So if you want to be able to beat out mences and garchomps, I suggest you add slightly more speed if you want to beat them after just one protect.

Guess when I was remaking the team in teambuilder I put the wrong EVs in based on poor memory. Sorry, my mistake.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Quick boring rate

Blaziken should run at least 184 Speed EVs so it outruns Doryuuzu at +3.

I'd consider Stone Edge or Stealth Rock somewhere on TTar tbh. Your team kind of hates facing Volcarona - who could set up on Birijion and attempt to pull off a sweep. Now this isn't the most reliable way out but I just want to make sure you notice this weakness.

Not much more I can say here except watch out for Doryuuzu if it gets a set up. Okay I'll admit it has zero opportunities on its own but beware if your opponent baits you with Trick Latios or something. If it has Return/Frustration, Birijion will die, and no one else in the team can take on boosted EQs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)