Accelgor (Analysis)

Pokedex Page

QC Approvals: panamaxis, Iconic and Delta 2777

GP Approvals: jc104 and Fatecrashers

[Overview]

<p>Accelgor is a Pokemon that has many characteristics that set it apart from others. First of all, it's a ninja bug! That alone would make it cool, but it also has some competitive advantages to go with its look. It's the second fastest Pokemon with access to Spikes - base 145 Speed - outsped only by Deoxys-S. It also has a respectable base 100 Special Attack which, when coupled with STAB Bug-type attacks, lets it make a significant dent in the plethora of Psychic- and Dark-type Pokemon in OU. It also has some good coverage moves which make a sweeper set viable.</p>

<p>However, Accelgor also has some flaws that need to be considered. It has poor base defenses - 80 HP / 40 Def / 60 SpD - meaning it will often be KOed in one or two hits. This, coupled with a Stealth Rock weakness due to its Bug typing and vulnerability to Spikes and Toxic Spikes, means that if one wants it to stay around for more than one or two turns, support from its teammates is a must. But what really matters is that it has more advantages than flaws; so, if you need a Spikes user or a special sweeper, you should definitely consider the ninja bug Accelgor!</p>

[SET]
name: Spikes
move 1: Spikes
move 2: U-turn
move 3: Bug Buzz
move 4: Focus Blast / Yawn
nature: Hasty
item: Focus Sash
ability: Sticky Hold
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>This set takes advantage of Accelgor's biggest asset - its Speed - to set up Spikes that support its teammates. U-turn is a good move as it allows Accelgor to maintain momentum when it is forced to switch out, and permits Accelgor to come back later in the match to set up even more Spikes. Bug Buzz is a powerful and reliable STAB attack that, when coming off a base 100 Special Attack stat, will dent the myriad Psychic-type Pokemon in OU, such as Starmie, Reuniclus, Latios, and Latias. In the last slot, Focus Blast is a good option due to its chance to OHKO Tyranitar and 2HKO Heatran.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>A Hasty nature with max Speed EVs lets Accelgor outspeed the entire metagame, barring Deoxys-S and the rare Ninjask, whilst maintaining U-turn's power. The 252 Special Attack EVs maximize the damage output of Bug Buzz and Focus Blast. Sticky Hold is the ability of choice because it blocks Trick, thus protecting the ninja bug from being crippled by Choice items. Yawn is a great move because it forces the opponent to either switch out or have a Pokemon disabled for a few turns. Both of these scenarios can give Accelgor an extra turn to set up more entry hazards. After the setup is complete, Yawn works wonders with U-turn to maintain momentum; one can switch Accelgor in on a Pokemon it threatens, use Yawn on the switch-in, and U-turn to an appropriate counter, all the while racking up additional Spikes damage. An alternative EV spread of 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe can also be used to provide Accelgor with some much needed bulk, while still letting it outspeed base 130 Speed Pokemon such as Jolteon and Aerodactyl.</p>

<p>Prankster and Magic Bounce Pokemon are good checks as they prevent Accelgor from laying down Spikes. For example, Thundurus or Tornadus can come in, Taunt Accelgor while resisting its attacks, and fire off STAB Hurricane or Thunderbolt to destroy it. Espeon and Xatu are even more dangerous as they not only prevent the appearance of Spikes on their side of the field, but also reflect them back to Accelgor's side. Thankfully, Espeon, the more common of the two, takes huge damage from STAB Bug Buzz. One must watch out for Xatu, however, as it is neutral to Bug Buzz, forcing Accelgor to switch as it Roosts off damage.<p>

<p>Since Accelgor's main job with this set is to set up Spikes, a Ghost-type Pokemon is a good teammate to block Rapid Spin. Jellicent works wonders due to its bulk and access to Taunt, as well as status-inflicting moves like Will-O-Wisp, which can shut down common Rapid Spinners, such as Forretress and Excadrill. For more offensive teams, Gengar is an alternative, being able to destroy stall with its SubSplit set and the entry hazards Accelgor lays down. As for dealing with common Prankster and Magic Bounce Pokemon, Tyranitar is a good partner as it can switch in and threaten to OHKO them with STAB Stone Edge or Crunch, opening the way for free setups.</p>

[SET]
name: Ninja Sweeper
move 1: Bug Buzz
move 2: Focus Blast
move 3: Giga Drain
move 4: Hidden Power Ice / Recover
nature: Timid
item: Life Orb

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Accelgor's huge Speed and base 100 Special Attack allow it to be a viable special sweeper when equipped with a Life Orb. Bug Buzz is a powerful and reliable STAB attack that lets the ninja bug inflict huge damage on the many Psychic-type Pokemon in OU, such as Starmie, Latias, Latios, and Reuniclus. Focus Blast is crucial on this set to damage the Steel-types that would otherwise laugh at Accelgor. Giga Drain is a good move to hit bulky Ground- and Water-type Pokemon such as Hippowdon, Jellicent, and Vaporeon, and is also a good way to recover some of the health lost from entry hazards or Life Orb recoil. In the last slot, Hidden Power Ice gives Accelgor a weapon against Flying-, and more importantly, Dragon-type Pokemon.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>A Timid nature with the standard special sweeper EV spread lets Accelgor outspeed the majority of the metagame while maximizing the damage output of its attacks. Stealth Rock, Spikes, Sandstorm (all common in OU), and Life Orb damage can wear Accelgor down really fast, so to ensure that Accelgor can do its job properly, it's best to weaken the opponent's team first or carry a Rapid Spinner, allowing the ninja bug to switch in safely. Recover can be used in the last slot to help with longevity problems, but one has to take into account two facts when using it: Accelgor will be walled by Flying- and Dragon-type Pokemon such as the genies, Dragonite, and Salamence; and, due to Accelgor's low defenses, some good prediction is required in order to use Recover, as most hits will do more than 50% damage.</p>

<p>As a special sweeper especially designed to clean up later on the game, Accelgor doesn't need much specific team support. However, as with every sweeper, it does enjoy entry hazards on the opponent's side of the field. Tyranitar is an excellent choice to set up Stealth Rock as it has great synergy with Accelgor, despite adding residual damage with Sand Stream, and can eliminate annoying Flying-types with STAB Stone Edge. To make sure the ninja bug switches in safely, Starmie is a good teammate because of its access to Rapid Spin and good offensive synergy.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Accelgor has some good options outside of the ones listed. With its astounding Speed, it can run a Final Gambit set, making it able to OHKO dangerous Pokemon to your team as long as they have lower HP than Accelgor. A Timid nature with an EV spread of 252 HP / 120 SpA / 136 Spe is optimal to go with a moveset of Final Gambit / Bug Buzz / Spikes / Recover.</p>

<p>Despite its frailty, with some team support, Accelgor can be used on a Baton Pass team as it has access to some wonderful boosting moves, such as Acid Armor and Agility, whilst also being able to pass Substitute. Encore is illegal with Spikes, but when used on a Baton Pass set, it can create an opportunity to gain some free boosts.</p>

<p>Toxic can be used to cripple some walls the ninja bug can't touch, but its subpar defenses mean that even those walls can inflict serious damage to it. Finally, Accelgor has access to Rain Dance; it is the second fastest user in OU and can use Hydration to protect itself from status. Rest is useful for recovery should you choose to go the Hydration route.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Accelgor relies on its Speed to perform. Anything that can bypass its Speed has the potential to ruin the ninja bug. Strong unresisted priority moves will tear through its low defenses, so Scizor, Metagross, Azumarill, Toxicroak, and Machamp are all Pokemon that mean big trouble for Accelgor. Prankster Pokemon can use their ability to move first and Taunt, Thunder Wave, or Encore to render Accelgor's efforts useless. Pokemon holding a Choice Scarf with good offenses can often outspeed and OHKO Accelgor; Hydreigon, Landorus, and Starmie are examples of such Pokemon. For the same reason, Pokemon with Chlorophyll, Swift Swim, or Sand Rush are also trouble for the ninja bug. Specially bulky Pokemon not weak to Accelgor's STAB attacks can often wall and cripple it. Chansey, Blissey, and Cofagrigus are the most prominent examples.</p>

[Dream World]

<p>Accelgor gets Unburden as its Dream World ability, which doubles Accelgor's Speed when it consumes or loses an item. This ability shouldn't be used on the Spikes set as Accelgor will be crippled by Trick without Sticky Hold. However, if one chooses to use the ninja bug as a Baton Passer, then a set with a pinch Berry such as Petaya or Liechi can be used in conjunction with Acid Armor to get +1 Atk / SpA and +2 Def, using the Speed boost from Unburden to outspeed every Pokemon in the game and Baton Pass. Take into account though that this is a high-risk, high-reward strategy, because to consume the berry, Accelgor has to be at 33% health or less, and with its low defenses, at that point it is easily finished.</p>

I'm still trying to decide whether or not I'll include the QC Approvals it had so I'll edit this in a couple of days.

In the meanwhile, discuss.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Aragornbird (Arkeis) said:
NOTE 2: Please don't hotlink to these sprites. Save them to your own computer and upload them using an image host.
You shouldn't be hotlinking to Arkeis sprites. Please delete the one in the OP or re-upload it.

I know I said I'd keep the checks but, since the metagame evolved a lot since the checks it had, I've decided to run this through Quality Control again.

I know it is already mentioned in the OC, but I've been playing around and found a Specs set to be very viable, and Sludge Bomb can be opted for a Hidden Power. I've been running:

Accelgor @ Choice Specs
~ Bug Buzz
~ Focus Blast
~ Hidden Power Ice
~ Giga Drain / U-Turn
nature: Timid / Modest

It's fast, packs a decent base 100 SpA, and can really pack a punch with Choice Specs equipped. Bug Buzz for STAB, Focus Blast for Ferrothorn and other Steels, Hidden Power Ice for Gliscor, Giga Drain for bulky Waters and HP recovery or U-Turn to make a quick escape. Just my 2 cents, but I have found it to be pretty effective.

I know it is already mentioned in the AC, bu I've been playing around and found a Specs set to be very viable, and SLudge Bomb can be opted for a Hidden Power. I've been running:

Accelgor @ Choice Specs
~ Bug Buzz
~ Focus Blast
~ Hidden Power Ice
~ Giga Drain / U-Turn
nature: Timid / Modest

It's fast, packs a decent base 100 SpA, and can really pack a punch with Choice Specs equipped. Bug Buzz for STAB, Focus Blast for Ferrothorn and other Steels, Hidden Power Ice for Gliscor, Giga Drain for bulky Waters and HP recovery or U-Turn to make a quick escape. Just my 2 cents, but I have found it to be pretty effective.
I will include both U-Turn and Hidden Power (how could I forget this?) on the OC but even with Specs it's just not strong enough to have its set.

Thanks!

This guy has access to a move introduced last generation, however last generation it was useless because only slow pokemon could learn it, but as one of the fastest pokemon in the game he has amazing potential with this move.

Me First copies the attack your opponent's attack and sends it back at it for 50% damage. However the pokemon using me first has to be faster or the move will fail. Last generation the fastest pokemon with access to me first were raticate and furret. Now as long as the oppoent doesn't have scarf or priority, or is ninjask or deoxys-s accelgor can send their moves right back at them for double the power. The usefullness is somewhat situationol, but you can send a draco meteor on latios or fire dance on ulgamoth and what not.

So much of the metagame is outsped by accelgor so its a move worth noting

This guy has access to a move introduced last generation, however last generation it was useless because only slow pokemon could learn it, but as one of the fastest pokemon in the game he has amazing potential with this move.

Me First copies the attack your opponent's attack and sends it back at it for 50% damage. However the pokemon using me first has to be faster or the move will fail. Last generation the fastest pokemon with access to me first were raticate and furret. Now as long as the oppoent doesn't have scarf or priority, or is ninjask or deoxys-s accelgor can send their moves right back at them for double the power. The usefullness is somewhat situationol, but you can send a draco meteor on latios or fire dance on ulgamoth and what not.

So much of the metagame is outsped by accelgor so its a move worth noting
It's too gimmick. Besides, Accelgor is killed by a strong STAB and the only Pokemon weak against their own STAB are Dragons.

Lati@s are weak to Bug Buzz and with some prior damage it's a OHKO. Hydreigon is also weak against it. Dragonite will set up on Accelgor instead of attacking it.

So I'll leave it up to the QC team but I don't think it's worth a mention...

So you want to attack Heatran with Fire Blast? Or attack Tyranitar with Stone Edge coming off a 70 base Attack stat without any evs and a negative nature? Me First is a complete gimmick option and I can't think of any serious competitive uses for it. It can't copy non damaging moves so there is no point.

I agree that you can't do much apart from Spiking with this guy. However, for variety (and since it looks somewhat viable) I think the Choice Specs set should be posted. His movepool isn't great, but it's just wide enough for the use of such a set. If you decide to move it from OC than of course, state the problems that come with using it.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I think you should be using a Life Orb set. It's very anti-metagame, much like LO Deoxys-S.

Accelgor (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sticky Hold
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Recover

Even though his defenses are paper thin, Recover works like Slack Off Infernape: they fear a Bug Buzz and swap out, letting you heal off Sandstorm, Life Orb, and Stealth Rock damage. However, this leaves you wide open to Salamence and Dragonite, so Hidden Power Ice is probably preferable. But Accelgor will be taking a lot of residual damage, and has a threatening arsenal of attacks, so Recover is just as good an option as HP Ice.

I'd like to get other QC members opinion on this before I approve.

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
the OP looks good, so I'm approving that (QC Approved 1/3) not sure on Bad Ass's set atm (mainly because SR weakness + SS + LO...ugh) but to be honest I can see it working fairly well as a late game sweeper and I don't believe it would hurt to have it on site so unless someone can convince me its extremely sucky I'm approving that too (QC Approved 1/3).

agreeing with the others here. i'll try to test out the life orb set at some point during the next testing period and let you know what i think whether it be on PO or the forums. everything else looks good. keep up the good work!

QC Approved 2/3

agreeing with the others here. i'll try to test out the life orb set at some point during the next testing period and let you know what i think whether it be on PO or the forums. everything else looks good. keep up the good work!

QC Approved 2/3
I'm almost finishing that set. Wait a few minutes and then re-check please.

EDIT: finished and this needs one last QC check?

Can we keep the ninja sweeper name? Because this guy deserves a wonderful set name!

Delta 2777

Machampion
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion
I'd run Giga Drain over Energy Ball on the Life Orb set -- you only lose out on 5 Base Power, but the added recovery can really help considering the passive damage Accelgor will be taking considering Life Orb, Stealth Rock, and Sandstorm.

Lead set looks good, although I'd make an AC mention that you can use only enough EVs to outspeed Aerodactyl and Jolteon and put the remaining EVs in Attack if you want. I don't really know what max speed outspeed that you don't with just enough to outspeed the threats I mentioned, maybe find out and mention it in the AC?

I also think a Life Gamble set should be mentioned in the OC. Thanks to his immense speed and passable HP stat, he can definitely get away with a set like Spikes/Bug Buzz/Recover/Life Gamble with an EV spread of maybe 252 HP / 120 (Def or SpAtk) / 136 Spe (Life Gamble would be the only move used 90% of the time, the rest of the options are mostly filler if you're somehow low on health or anticipating a switch). Feel free to test it if you want, but I think its definitely OC-mentions worthy. Finally, I don't know how powerful Rain Dance is this generation, but Accelgor has the perfect build for one, so I think you should mention a Rain Dance set in the OC (its pretty much an Electrode that trades in Explosion, Taunt and Thunder for Spikes and U-Turn).

Make those changes and it's

QC Approved (3/3)

Edit @ the hydration comment: You don't even need Hydration as the ability, I just meant to have Rain Dance mentioned as one of his talents as he is the second fastest user of it in OU, and Spikes is also very helpful for an offensive Rain team (Pokemon such as Kabutops and Kingdra appreciate them).

I'd run Giga Drain over Energy Ball on the Life Orb set -- you only lose out on 5 Base Power, but the added recovery can really help considering the passive damage Accelgor will be taking considering Life Orb, Stealth Rock, and Sandstorm.

Damn it, I checked this for Virizion but didn't check if Accelgor learned Giga Drain.

Lead set looks good, although I'd make an AC mention that you can use only enough EVs to outspeed Aerodactyl and Jolteon and put the remaining EVs in Attack if you want. I don't really know what max speed outspeed that you don't with just enough to outspeed the threats I mentioned, maybe find out and mention it in the AC?

I did use an EV spread of 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe but I didn't find the additional HP useful as Accelgor is usually 1 or 2HKOed. But I'll mention it in the AC.

I also think a Life Gamble set should be mentioned in the OC. Thanks to his immense speed and passable HP stat, he can definitely get away with a set like Spikes/Bug Buzz/Recover/Life Gamble with an EV spread of maybe 252 HP / 120 (Def or SpAtk) / 136 Spe (Life Gamble would be the only move used 90% of the time, the rest of the options are mostly filler if you're somehow low on health or anticipating a switch). Feel free to test it if you want, but I think its definitely OC-mentions worthy. Finally, I don't know how powerful Rain Dance is this generation, but Accelgor has the perfect build for one, so I think you should mention a Rain Dance set in the OC (its pretty much an Electrode that trades in Explosion, Taunt and Thunder for Spikes and U-Turn).

I'll mention the Life Gamble set.

But I don't think the set with Hydration is worthy. You risk being tricked and Accelgor doesn't fear status: Ferrothorn can cripple it with Gyro Ball instead, Dragonite can set up on it, Jirachi can KO it and Thundurus can set up and Thunderbolt it.

Make those changes and it's

QC Approved (3/3)

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
[Overview]

<p>Accelgor is a Pokemon with many characteristics that set it apart from the others. First of all, it's a ninja bug! That alone would make it cool but it also has some competitive advantages to go with its look. It's the second fastest Pokemon with access to Spikes - base 145 Speed - only being outsped by Deoxys-S. It also has a respectable base 100 Special Attack which, when coupled with STAB Bug-type attacks, lets it make a significant dent in
on the plethora of Psychic- and Dark-type Pokemon in OU; and it also has some good coverage moves which make a sweeper set a viable idea.</p>

<p>However, Accelgor also has some flaws that need to be considered. It has
mediocre poor base defenses - 80 HP / 40 Def / 60 SpD, - meaning it will often be KOed with one or two hits. This, when coupled with the Stealth Rock weakness due to its Bug typing and the vulnerability to Spikes and Toxic Spikes, means that, if one wants it to stay around for more than one or two turns, support from its teammates is it's a must. But what really matters is that it has more advantages than flaws so, if you need a Spikes user or a special sweeper, you definitely should consider the ninja bug Accelgor!</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>This set takes advantage of Accelgor's biggest asset - its Speed - to set up Spikes to support its teammates. U-Turn is a good move as it allows Accelgor to maintain momentum when it
the ninja bug is forced to switch is against a Pokemon that threatens it out, allowing and allows Accelgor to come back later in the match to set up more Spikes. Bug Buzz is a powerful and reliable STAB attack that, when coming off a base 100 Special Attack, will dent the many Psychic-type Pokemon in OU such as Starmie, Reuniclus, Latios, and Latias. In the last slot, Focus Blast is a good option due to its chance to OHKO Tyranitar and 2HKO Heatran.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>A Hasty nature with max Speed EVs lets Accelgor outspeed the entire metagame except Deoxys-S and the rare Ninjask without lowering U-Turn's power, while the 252 Special Attack EVs maximize the
Bug Buzz' and Focus Blast's damage output of Bug Buzz and Focus Blast. Sticky Hold is the ability of choice because it blocks Trick, thus protecting the ninja bug from being crippled by Choice items. Yawn is a great move because of its ability to force the opponent to switch out or lose one Pokemon for some turns. Both of these scenarios can give Accelgor an extra turn to set up or rack up more entry hazards damage on the new switch in. After the set-up is complete, it works wonders with U-Turn to maintain momentum since one can switch Accelgor in on a Pokemon it threatens, use Yawn on the switch in, and U-Turn to an appropriate counter, racking up additional Spikes damage. An alternative EV spread of 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe can also be used to provide Accelgor with some much-needed bulk while still letting it outspeed base 130 Speed Pokemon such as Jolteon and Aerodactyl.</p>

<p>Mischievous Heart and Magic Mirror Pokemon can prevent Accelgor from laying down Spikes.
The former, especially For example, Thundurus or and Tornadus, can come in, Taunt Accelgor while resisting its attacks, and fire off STAB Hurricane or Thunderbolt to destroy it. The latter - Espeon and Xatu - are even more dangerous as they not only prevent the appearance of Spikes on their side of the field, but also reflect them to Accelgor's side. Thankfully, both of them are they are both Psychic-type Pokemon and take significant damage (especially Espeon) from STAB Bug Buzz.<p>

<p>Since Accelgor's main job with this set is to set up Spikes, a Ghost-type Pokemon is a good teammate to block Rapid Spin. Jellicent works well due to its bulk and access to Taunt, as well as
and status-inflicting moves like Toxic and Will-o-Wisp, which can to shut down common Rapid Spinners, such as Forretress and Doryuuzu (toxic is almost useless vs all common rapid spinners –Starmie, Dory, Tentacruel and Forry don’t care at all) . For more offensive teams, Gengar is an alternative, being able to destroy stall with its SubSplit set and the entry hazards Accelgor lays down. Looking at the Pokemon with the aforementioned abilities, Tyranitar is a good partner as it can switch in and threaten to OHKO them with STAB Stone Edge or Crunch, opening the way for free set-ups.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Accelgor's huge Speed and base 100 Special Attack allow it to be a viable special sweeper when equipped with a Life Orb. Bug Buzz is a powerful and reliable STAB attack that lets the ninja bug inflict huge damage on the many Psychic-type Pokemon in OU such as Starmie, Latias, Latios, and Reuniclus. Focus Blast is crucial on this set to damage the Steel-types that would otherwise laugh at Accelgor
's attempts to sweep. Giga Drain is a good move to hit bulky Ground- and Water-type Pokemon such as Hippowdon, Jellicent and Vaporeon with and is a good way to recover some of the health lost from entry hazards or Life Orb's recoil. On the last slot, Hidden Power Ice gives Accelgor a weapon against Flying- and particularly Dragon-type Pokemon, crippling especially much of the latters.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>A Timid nature with the standard special sweeper EV spread lets Accelgor outspeed the majority of the metagame while maximizing the damage output of its attacks. Stealth Rock, Spikes, Sandstorm (all common in OU), and Life Orb damage can wear Accelgor down really fast, so you have to ensure OHKOs by weakening the opponents team
to either weaken the opponent's Pokemon so that it can OHKO them or you should carry a Rapid Spinner, to allowing the ninja bug to switch in safely. Recover can be used in the last slot to help with this problem but one has to take into account two facts when using it: Accelgor will be walled by Flying- and Dragon-type Pokemon such as the genies, Dragonite, Salamence and Garchomp; and, due to Accelgor's low defenses, Recover needs some good prediction is required in order to use Recover, as most hits will do more than 50% damage to be used as most hits can negate its effect.</p>

<p>As a special sweeper especially designed to clean later in the game, Accelgor doesn't need much by way of specific team support. However, as with every sweeper, it does enjoy entry hazards being on the opponent's side of the field
so Pokemon that set them up are examples of good teammates. Tyranitar is an excellent choice to set up Stealth Rock one of them as it, despite adding residual damage with Sand Stream, has great synergy with Accelgor, can set up Stealth Rock, and can eliminate the annoying Flying-types with STAB Stone Edge. To make sure the ninja bug switches in safely, Starmie is a good teammate because of its access to Rapid Spin and good offensive synergy.</p>

[Team Options]

<p>Almost every single offensive Pokemon in the game enjoys Accelgor's Spikes support. Garchomp is one of the numerous good teammates; it resists Rock- and Fire-type attacks and can OHKO most of the metagame with a Swords Dance boost and the residual damage Spikes inflict. Excadrill can also use Spikes support
to be able to OHKO Hippowdon with +2 Earthquake; since Hippowdon may be and, when it is the only check to the mole, Excadrill can often sweep the rest of the opponent's team.</p>

<p>Ghost-types work very well alongside Accelgor as they have the ability to block Rapid Spin,
thus maintaining Spikes on your opponent's side of the field. Chandelure and Gengar are examples of Pokemon that work very well as an offensive spinblockers, packing due to a very high Special Attack base stat that can dent anything that doesn't resist their attacks. For defensive teams, Cofagrigus and Jellicent have great bulk and very good abilities that allow them to come in on most Rapid Spinners and cripple them with status moves</p>

<p>Finally and, even though Accelgor loves to set up entry hazards, it hates all of them, taking lots of damage just for switching in
if they were layed down. Therefore a Rapid Spinner of your own, despite not being mandatory, is a good choice to prolong Accelgor's life survival. Starmie was already mentioned because of how it threatens most of Accelgor's counters but Excadrill is also a good choice as, when paired with Tyranitar, it is a very potent offensive threat and as such can find many opportunities to use Rapid Spin it outspeeds the entire metagame and can often use Rapid Spin on the switch.</p>

[Optional Changes]

<p>Accelgor has some good options outside of the ones listed. Using its astounding Speed, it can run a Life Gamble set and OHKO dangerous Pokemon to your team as long
as they have lower HP than Accelgor their HP is inferior to its. If the ninja bug is running this set, a Timid nature with an EV spread of 252 HP / 120 SpA / 136 Spe is optimal to go with a moveset of Life Gamble / Bug Buzz / Spikes / Recover.</p>

<p>Despite its frailty, with some team support, Accelgor can be used on a Baton Pass team as it has access to some wonderful boosting moves such as Acid Armor and Agility; besides it can also pass Substitute. Encore is illegal with Spikes but, when used on the aforementioned Baton Pass set, it can create an opportunity to gain some free boosts.</p>

<p>Toxic can be used to cripple some walls the ninja bug can't touch, but its defenses mean that even those walls can inflict serious damage to it. Finally, Accelgor has access to Rain Dance;
being it is the second fastest user set-upper in OU and it can use it alonside and can use Hydration to protect itself from status and Rest to have reliable recovery.</p>

[Counters]

<p>Accelgor relies on its Speed to perform its roles so anything that bypasses Speed has the potential to ruin the ninja bug. Strong unresisted priority moves will tear through its low defenses so Scizor, Metagross, Azumarill, Toxicroak and Machamp are Pokemon that
may mean big trouble for to Accelgor. Michievous Heart Pokemon can also use their ability to move first and can use Taunt, Thunder Wave or Encore to render Accelgor's efforts useless. Pokemon holding a Choice Scarf with good offenses can often outspeed and OHKO Accelgor; Hydreigon, Garchomp, Landorus and Starmie are examples of such Pokemon. For the same reason, Pokemon with Chlorophyll, Swift Swim, or Sand Throw are also trouble for the ninja bug. Specially bulky Pokemon not weak to Accelgor's STAB attacks can often wall and cripple it. Chansey, Blissey, and Cofagrigus are the most prominent examples.</p>

[Dream World]

<p>Accelgor gets Unburden as its Dream World ability. Unburden will double Accelgor's Speed when it consumes or loses an item
or loses it. This ability shouldn't be used on the Spikes set as Accelgor will be crippled by Trick without Sticky Hold. However, if one chooses to use the ninja bug as a Baton Passer, a set with a pinch berry such as Petaya or Liechi can be used in conjunction with Acid Armor to get +1 Atk / SpA and +2 Def, while using the Speed boost from the ability to outspeed every Pokemon in the game and Baton Pass. Take into account that this is a high-risk, high-reward strategy as to consume the berry, Accelgor has to be with at 33% or less, and with its low defenses, it is easily finished most Pokemon can finish it then.</p>
Gp check 1.

elDino

Deal With It.
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Unofficial GP check here:

[Overview]

<p>Accelgor is a Pokemon with that has many characteristics that set it apart from the others. First of all, it's a ninja bug! That alone would make it cool but it also has some competitive advantages to go with its look. It's the second fastest Pokemon with access to Spikes - base 145 Speed - only being outsped by Deoxys-S. It also has a respectable base 100 Special Attack which, when coupled with STAB Bug-type attacks, lets it make a significant dent in the plethora of Psychic- and Dark-type Pokemon in OU; .it It also has some good coverage moves which make a sweeper set a viable idea.</p>

<p>However, Accelgor also has some flaws that need to be considered. It has poor base defenses - 80 HP / 40 Def / 60 SpD, - meaning it will often be KOed with in one or two hits. This, when coupled with the Stealth Rock weakness due to its Bug typing and the vulnerability to Spikes and Toxic Spikes, means that, if one wants it to stay around for more than one or two turns, support from its teammates is a must. But what really matters is that it has more advantages than flaws so, if you need a Spikes user or a special sweeper, you should definitely should consider the this ninja bug: Accelgor!</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>This set takes advantage of Accelgor's biggest asset - its Speed - to set up Spikes to that support its teammates. U-Turn is a good move as it allows Accelgor to maintain momentum when it is forced to switch out, allowing permitting Accelgor to come back later in the match to set up even more Spikes. Bug Buzz is a powerful and reliable STAB attack that, when coming off a base 100 Special Attack stat, will dent the many Psychic-type Pokemon in OU such as Starmie, Reuniclus, Latios, and Latias. In the last slot, Focus Blast is a good option due to its chance to OHKO Tyranitar and 2HKO Heatran.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>A Hasty nature with max Speed EVs lets Accelgor outspeed the entire metagame except barring Deoxys-S and the rare Ninjask withoutlowering whilst maintaining U-Turn's power,.whilethe The 252 Special Attack EVs maximize the damage output of Bug Buzz and Focus Blast. Sticky Hold is the ability of choice because it blocks Trick, thus protecting the ninja bug from being crippled by Choice items. Yawn is a great move because of its ability to force the opponent to switch out or loseone have a Pokemon disabled for some turns. Both of these scenarios can give Accelgor an extra turn to set up or rack up more entry hazards damage on the new switch in. After the set-up is complete, it works wonders with U-Turn to maintain momentum since one can switch Accelgor in on a Pokemon it threatens, use Yawn on the switch in, and U-Turn to an appropriate counter, racking up additional Spikes damage. An alternative EV spread of 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe can also be used to provide Accelgor with some much-needed bulk while still letting it outspeed base 130 Speed Pokemon such as Jolteon and Aerodactyl.</p>

<p>Mischievous Heart and Magic Mirror Pokemon can are good checks as they prevent Accelgor from laying down Spikes with Taunt. For example, Thundurus or Tornadus, can come in, Taunt stop Accelgor while resisting its attacks, and fire off STAB Hurricane or Thunderbolt to destroy it. Espeon and Xatu - are even more dangerous as they not only prevent the appearance of Spikes on their side of the field, but also reflect them to Accelgor's side. Thankfully, they are both Psychic-type Pokemon and take significant damage (especially Espeon) from STAB Bug Buzz. Espeon, the more common of the two, takes huge damage from STAB Bug Buzz. One most watch out for Xatu, as it is neutral to Bug Buzz, forcing Accelgor to switch as it recovers off damage. (Xatu takes peanuts from Bug Buzz as it is neutral and most Xatu have significant defensive investment.)<p>

<p>Since Accelgor's main job with this set is to set up Spikes, a Ghost-type Pokemon is a good teammate to block Rapid Spin. Jellicent works well wonders due to its bulk and access to Taunt, as well as status-inflicting moves like Will-o-Wisp, which can shut down common Rapid Spinners, such as Forretress and Doryuuzu. For more offensive teams, Gengar is an alternative, able to destroy stall with its SubSplit set and the entry hazards Accelgor lays down. Looking at the Pokemon with the aforementioned abilities, Tyranitar is a good partner as it can switch in and threaten to OHKO them with STAB Stone Edge or Crunch, opening the way for free set-ups.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Accelgor's huge Speed and base 100 Special Attack allow it to be a viable special sweeper when equipped with a Life Orb. Bug Buzz is a powerful and reliable STAB attack that lets the ninja bug inflict huge damage on the many Psychic-type Pokemon in OU such as Starmie, Latias, Latios, and Reuniclus. Focus Blast is crucial on this set to damage the Steel-types that would otherwise laugh at Accelgor. Giga Drain is a good move to hit bulky Ground- and Water-type Pokemon such as Hippowdon, Jellicent and Vaporeon and is a good way to recover some of the health lost from entry hazards or Life Orb's recoil. On the last slot, Hidden Power Ice gives Accelgor a weapon against Flying- and particularlymore importantly; Dragon-type Pokemon.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>A Timid nature with the standard special sweeper EV spread lets Accelgor outspeed the majority of the metagame while maximizing the damage output of its attacks. Stealth Rock, Spikes, Sandstorm (all common in OU), and Life Orb damage can wear Accelgor down really fast, so you have to ensure OHKOs by weakening the opponents team or carry a Rapid Spinner, allowing the ninja bug to switch in safely. Recover can be used in the last slot to help with this problem but one has to take into account two facts when using it: Accelgor will be walled by Flying- and Dragon-type Pokemon such as the genies, Dragonite, Salamence and Garchomp; and, due to Accelgor's low defenses, some good prediction is required in order to use Recover, as most hits will do more than 50% damage.</p>

<p>As a special sweeper especially designed to clean later in the game, Accelgor doesn't need much by way of specific team support. However, as with every sweeper, it does enjoy entry hazards being on the opponent's side of the field. Tyranitar is an excellent choice to set up Stealth Rock as it, despite adding residual damage with Sand Stream, has great synergy with Accelgorand can eliminate annoying Flying-types with STAB Stone Edge. To make sure the ninja bug switches in safely, Starmie is a good teammate because of its access to Rapid Spin and good offensive synergy.</p>

[Team Options]

<p>Almost every single offensive Pokemon in the game enjoys Accelgor's Spikes support. Garchomp is one of the numerous good teammates; it resists Rock- and Fire-type attacks and can OHKO most of the metagame with a Swords Dance boost and the residual damage Spikes inflict. Excadrill can also use Spikes support to OHKO Hippowdon with +2 Earthquake; since Hippowdon may be the only check to the mole, Excadrill can often sweep the rest of the opponent's team.</p>

<p>Ghost-types work very well alongside Accelgor as they have the ability to block Rapid Spin, maintaining Spikes on your opponent's side of the field. Chandelure and Gengar are examples offensive spinblockers, packing a very high Special Attack that can dent anything that doesn't resist their attacks. For defensive teams, Cofagrigus and Jellicent have great bulk and very good great abilities that allow them to come in on most Rapid Spinners and cripple them with status moves</p>

<p>Finally and, even though Accelgor loves to set up entry hazards, ironically, it hates all of them, taking lots of damage just for switching in. Therefore a Rapid Spinner of your own, despite not being mandatory, is a good choice to prolong Accelgor's life. Starmie was already mentioned because of how it threatens most of Accelgor's counters but Excadrill is also a good choice as, when paired with Tyranitar, it is a very potent offensive threat and as such can find many opportunities to use Rapid Spin. spin away hazards.</p>

[Optional Changes]

<p>Accelgor has some good options outside of the ones listed. Using its astounding Speed, it can run a Life Gamble set and , making it able to OHKO dangerous Pokemon to your team as long as they have lower HP than Accelgor. If the ninja bug is running this set, a Timid nature with an EV spread of 252 HP / 120 SpA / 136 Spe is optimal to go with a moveset of Life Gamble / Bug Buzz / Spikes / Recover.</p>

<p>Despite its frailty, with some team support, Accelgor can be used on a Baton Pass team as it has access to some wonderful boosting moves such as Acid Armor and Agility; besides it can also pass whilst also being able to pass Substitute. Encore is illegal with Spikes but, when used on the aforementioned Baton Pass set, it can create an opportunity to gain some free boosts.</p>

<p>Toxic can be used to cripple some walls the ninja bug can't touch, but its defenses mean that even those walls can inflict serious damage to it. Finally, Accelgor has access to Rain Dance; it is the second fastest user in OU and it can use Hydration to protect itself from status. and Rest is useful for tohave reliable recovery.</p>

[Counters]

<p>Accelgor relies on its Speed speed to perform its roles.soanything Anything that bypasses can bypass its Speed speed has the potential to ruin the ninja bug. Strong unresisted priority moves will tear through its low defenses so Scizor, Metagross, Azumarill, Toxicroak and Machamp are Pokemon that mean big trouble for Accelgor. Michievous Heart Pokemon can also use their ability to move first and can use Taunt, Thunder Wave or Encore to render Accelgor's efforts useless. Pokemon holding a Choice Scarf with good offenses can often outspeed and OHKO Accelgor; Hydreigon, Garchomp, Landorus and Starmie are examples of such Pokemon. For the same reason, Pokemon with Chlorophyll, Swift Swim, or Sand Throw are also trouble for the ninja bug. Specially bulky Pokemon not weak to Accelgor's STAB attacks can often wall and cripple it. Chansey, Blissey, and Cofagrigus are the most prominent examples.</p>

[Dream World]

<p>Accelgor gets Unburden as its Dream World ability. Unburden will double Accelgor's Speed when it consumes or loses an item. This ability shouldn't be used on the Spikes set as Accelgor will be crippled by Trick without Sticky Hold. However, if one chooses to use the ninja bug as a Baton Passer, a set with a pinch berry such as Petaya or Liechi can be used in conjunction with Acid Armor to get +1 Atk / SpA and +2 Def, while using the Speed boost from the ability to outspeed every Pokemon in the game and Baton Pass. Take into account that this is a high-risk, high-reward strategy as to consume the berry, Accelgor has to be at 33% or less, and with its low defenses, it is easily finished.</p>

This check has all the grammar implemented by jc104, so just copy and paste. Good luck getting your last check!

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
In
Out
Comments
Small Grammar Changes

Pokedex Page

QC Approvals: panamaxis, Iconic and Delta 2777

GP Approvals: jc104

[Overview]

<p>Accelgor is a Pokemon that has many characteristics that set it apart from others. First of all, it's a ninja bug! That alone would make it cool but it also has some competitive advantages to go with its look. It's the second fastest Pokemon with access to Spikes - base 145 Speed - only being outsped by Deoxys-S. It also has a respectable base 100 Special Attack which, when coupled with STAB Bug-type attacks, lets it make a significant dent in the plethora of Psychic- and Dark-type Pokemon in OU. It also has some good coverage moves which make a sweeper set viable.</p>

<p>However, Accelgor also has some flaws that need to be considered. It has poor base defenses - 80 HP / 40 Def / 60 SpD, - meaning it will often be KOed in one or two hits. This, when coupled with the Stealth Rock weakness due to its Bug typing and the vulnerability to Spikes and Toxic Spikes, means that, if one wants it to stay around for more than one or two turns, support from its teammates is a must. But what really matters is that it has more greater advantages than flaws so, if you need a Spikes user or a special sweeper, you should definitely consider this the ninja bug: Accelgor!</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>This set takes advantage of Accelgor's biggest asset - its Speed - to set up Spikes that support its teammates. U-Turn is a good move as it allows Accelgor to maintain momentum when it is forced to switch out, and permits Accelgor to come back later in the match to set up even more Spikes. Bug Buzz is a powerful and reliable STAB attack that, when coming off a base 100 Special Attack stat, will dent the many Psychic-type Pokemon in OU such as Starmie, Reuniclus, Latios, and Latias. In the last slot, Focus Blast is a good option due to its chance to OHKO Tyranitar and 2HKO Heatran.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>A Hasty nature with max Speed EVs lets Accelgor outspeed the entire metagame barring Deoxys-S and the rare Ninjask, whilst maintaining U-Turn's power. The 252 Special Attack EVs maximize the damage output of Bug Buzz and Focus Blast. Sticky Hold is the ability of choice because it blocks Trick, thus protecting the ninja bug from being crippled by Choice items. Yawn is a great move because of its ability to force the opponent to switch out or have a Pokemon disabled for some a few turns. Both of these scenarios can give Accelgor an extra turn to set up more entry hazards on the switch-in. After the set-up is complete, it works wonders with U-Turn to maintain momentum since one can switch Accelgor in on a Pokemon it threatens, use Yawn on the switch in, and U-Turn to an appropriate counter, racking up additional Spikes damage. An alternative EV spread of 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe can also be used to provide Accelgor with some much-needed bulk while still letting it outspeed base 130 Speed Pokemon such as Jolteon and Aerodactyl.</p>

<p>Mischievous Heart and Magic Mirror Pokemon are good checks as they prevent Accelgor from laying down Spikes with Taunt. For example, Thundurus or Tornadus, can come in, Taunt Accelgor while resisting its attacks, and fire off STAB Hurricane or Thunderbolt to destroy it. Espeon and Xatu - are even more dangerous as they not only prevent the appearance of Spikes on their side of the field, but also reflect them to Accelgor's side. Thankfully, Espeon, the more common of the two, takes huge damage from STAB Bug Buzz. One most watch out for Xatu, as it is neutral to Bug Buzz, forcing Accelgor to switch as it recovers off damage.<p>

<p>Since Accelgor's main job with this set is to set up Spikes, a Ghost-type Pokemon is a good teammate to block Rapid Spin. Jellicent works wonders due to its bulk and access to Taunt, as well as status-inflicting moves like Will-o-Wisp, which can shut down common Rapid Spinners, such as Forretress and Doryuuzu. For more offensive teams, Gengar is an alternative, able to destroy stall with its SubSplit set and the entry hazards Accelgor lays down. Looking at the Pokemon with the aforementioned abilities, Tyranitar is a good partner as it can switch in and threaten to OHKO them with STAB Stone Edge or Crunch, opening the way for free set-ups.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Accelgor's huge Speed and base 100 Special Attack allow it to be a viable special sweeper when equipped with a Life Orb. Bug Buzz is a powerful and reliable STAB attack that lets the ninja bug inflict huge damage on the many Psychic-type Pokemon in OU such as Starmie, Latias, Latios, and Reuniclus. Focus Blast is crucial on this set to damage the Steel-types that would otherwise laugh at Accelgor. Giga Drain is a good move to hit bulky Ground- and Water-type Pokemon such as Hippowdon, Jellicent and Vaporeon and is a good way to recover some of the health lost from entry hazards or Life Orb's recoil. On the last slot, Hidden Power Ice gives Accelgor a weapon against Flying- and more importantly; Dragon-type Pokemon.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>A Timid nature with the standard special sweeper EV spread lets Accelgor outspeed the majority of the metagame while maximizing the damage output of its attacks. Stealth Rock, Spikes, Sandstorm (all common in OU), and Life Orb damage can wear Accelgor down really fast, so you have to ensure OHKOs by weakening the opponents team or carry a Rapid Spinner, allowing the ninja bug to switch in safely. Recover can be used in the last slot to help with this problem but one has to take into account two facts when using it: Accelgor will be walled by Flying- and Dragon-type Pokemon such as the genies, Dragonite, Salamence and Garchomp; and, due to Accelgor's low defenses, some good prediction is required in order to use Recover, as most hits will do more than 50% damage.</p>

<p>As a special sweeper especially designed to clean later in the game, Accelgor doesn't need much by way of specific team support. However, as with every sweeper, it does enjoy entry hazards being on the opponent's side of the field. Tyranitar is an excellent choice to set up Stealth Rock as it, despite adding residual damage with Sand Stream, has great synergy with Accelgorand can eliminate annoying Flying-types with STAB Stone Edge. To make sure the ninja bug switches in safely, Starmie is a good teammate because of its access to Rapid Spin and good offensive synergy.</p>

[Team Options]

<p>Almost every single offensive Pokemon in the game enjoys Accelgor's Spikes support. Garchomp is one of the numerous good teammates; it resists Rock- and Fire-type attacks and can OHKO most of the metagame with a Swords Dance boost and the residual damage Spikes inflict. Excadrill can also use Spikes support to OHKO Hippowdon with +2 Earthquake; since Hippowdon may be the only check to the mole, Excadrill can often sweep the rest of the opponent's team.</p>

<p>Ghost-types work very well alongside Accelgor as they have the ability to block Rapid Spin, maintaining Spikes on your opponent's side of the field. Chandelure and Gengar are examples offensive spinblockers, packing a very high Special Attack that can dent anything that doesn't resist their attacks. For defensive teams, Cofagrigus and Jellicent have great bulk and great abilities that allow them to come in on most Rapid Spinners and cripple them with status moves</p>

<p>Finally even though Accelgor loves to set up entry hazards, ironically, it ironically hates all of them, taking lots of damage just for switching in. Therefore a Rapid Spinner of your own, despite not being mandatory, is a good choice to prolong Accelgor's life. Starmie was already mentioned because of how it threatens most of Accelgor's counters but Excadrill is also a good choice as, when paired with Tyranitar, it is a potent offensive threat and as such can find many opportunities to spin away hazards.</p>

[Optional Changes]

<p>Accelgor has some good options outside of the ones listed. Using its astounding Speed, it can run a Life Gamble set, making it able to OHKO dangerous Pokemon to your team as long as they have lower HP than Accelgor. If the ninja bug is running this set, a Timid nature with an EV spread of 252 HP / 120 SpA / 136 Spe is optimal to go with a moveset of Life Gamble / Bug Buzz / Spikes / Recover.</p>

<p>Despite its frailty, with some team support, Accelgor can be used on a Baton Pass team as it has access to some wonderful boosting moves such as Acid Armor and Agility; whilst also being able to pass Substitute. Encore is illegal with Spikes but, when used on the aforementioned Baton Pass set, it can create an opportunity to gain some free boosts.</p>

<p>Toxic can be used to cripple some walls the ninja bug can't touch, but its defenses mean that even those walls can inflict serious damage to it. Finally, Accelgor has access to Rain Dance; it is the second fastest user in OU and it can use Hydration to protect itself from status. Rest is useful for recovery.</p>

[Counters]

<p>Accelgor relies on its Speed to perform. Anything that can bypass its Speed has the potential to ruin the ninja bug. Strong unresisted priority moves will tear through its low defenses so Scizor, Metagross, Azumarill, Toxicroak and Machamp are Pokemon that mean big trouble for Accelgor. Michievous Heart Pokemon can also use their ability to move first and can use Taunt, Thunder Wave or Encore to render Accelgor's efforts useless. Pokemon holding a Choice Scarf with good offenses can often outspeed and OHKO Accelgor; Hydreigon, Garchomp, Landorus and Starmie are examples of such Pokemon. For the same reason, Pokemon with Chlorophyll, Swift Swim, or Sand Throw are also trouble for the ninja bug. Specially bulky Pokemon not weak to Accelgor's STAB attacks can often wall and cripple it. Chansey, Blissey, and Cofagrigus are the most prominent examples.</p>

[Dream World]

<p>Accelgor gets Unburden as its Dream World ability. Unburden will double Accelgor's Speed when it consumes or loses an item. This ability shouldn't be used on the Spikes set as Accelgor will be crippled by Trick without Sticky Hold. However, if one chooses to use the ninja bug as a Baton Passer, a set with a pinch berry such as Petaya or Liechi can be used in conjunction with Acid Armor to get +1 Atk / SpA and +2 Def, while using the Speed boost from the ability to outspeed every Pokemon in the game and Baton Pass. Take into account that this is a high-risk, high-reward strategy as to consume the berry, Accelgor has to be at 33% or less, and with its low defenses, it is easily finished.</p>
Not much to change in there, then. Mostly just stylistic changes.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Please could you not blindly include grammar checks, even from GP members. ElDino made a couple of mistakes that you really ought to have spotted when you edited your analysis (not really your fault elDino). Particularly, do not use copy and paste on the whole analysis (which you may or may not have done) as you tend to inherit spacing issues as well.

Mischievous Heart and Magic Mirror Pokemon are good checks as they prevent Accelgor from laying down Spikes with Taunt. For example, Thundurus or Tornadus, can come in, Taunt Accelgor while resisting its attacks, and fire off STAB Hurricane or Thunderbolt to destroy it. Espeon and Xatu - are even more dangerous as they not only prevent the appearance of Spikes on their side of the field, but also reflect them to Accelgor's side
In the last slot, Hidden Power Ice gives Accelgor a weapon against Flying- and more importantly; Dragon-type Pokemon.</p>
This one I think was mine:

<p>As a special sweeper especially designed to clean later in the game, Accelgor doesn't need much by way of specific team support. However, as with every sweeper, it does enjoy entry hazards being on the opponent's side of the field. Tyranitar is an excellent choice to set up Stealth Rock as it, despite adding residual damage with Sand Stream, has great synergy with Accelgor and can eliminate annoying Flying-types with STAB Stone Edge. To make sure the ninja bug switches in safely, Starmie is a good teammate because of its access to Rapid Spin and good offensive synergy.</p>

Please could you not blindly include grammar checks, even from GP members. ElDino made a couple of mistakes that you really ought to have spotted when you edited your analysis (not really your fault elDino). Particularly, do not use copy and paste on the whole analysis (which you may or may not have done) as you tend to inherit spacing issues as well.

This was I think was mine:
I copy and pasted the whole analysis but I saved the original version on a notepad to recheck when I had the time to do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)