Borutorosu (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Mischievous Heart
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Borutorosu gets the Lead of the Metagame award. Capable for stopping anything dead in its tracks.

Field Hazard Leads/ Stat Upper Leads - Nasty Plot
BP Leads / Problematic Leads / Faster Leads - TWave and hope for paralysis then continue spamming Tbolts
Super Effective Leads - Kill them

BoltBeam gives beautiful coverage and with a Nasty Plot or two under your belt, it'll be your Life Orb killing you. No joke I swept an entire team, from beginning to end with this guy. But hey, is that really suprising?

Zapdos switching into TBolts/Waves hurts, because I can't KO without a boost and he can KO me. So I usually switch to Nattorei. Other than that and priority, nothing hurt this fella.

Azumarill (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Superpower

The best memory with this guy was when I swept a team 6-0 with this guy's Aqua Jet. Mind you it was Mono-Fire but 6-0 is 6-0 :D. The feared priority of this metagame I reckon. It checks Blaziken, Ulgamoth, Doryuuzu, Randorosu, Terakion, Chan/Blis, Dragons. Any it is suprisingly bulky (by that I don't mean switch it into a super effective move ._." ). I have no idea how Huge Power works, but I gotta say it is the most beautiful ability ever. I mostly only use Aqua Jet and Superpower, but Waterfall when you predict a switch and Ice Punch those Flying Dragons and stuff. Maxed out Attack will be sure to put a dent in anything.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Taunt
- Facade
- Earthquake

Today's weather looks as though a heavy Sandstorm will be swept over Pokemon Isshu, but don't worry, it is so weak and pathetic it couldn't even scratch a house.

Gliscor is that house. A Power House. Swords Dance + Taunt usually results in a lot of chances to set up. The only problem is I set up so much that they switch is something like Starmie, and then I have to switch out... But don't worry, Starmie will eventually die and then Gliscor will reign supreme. +4 is already enough to take a whole team down, and with Physical threats being ever so more dominant than specially baseed threats this metagame, Gliscor can shine. Facade + Earthquakes give realtively good coverage. The only prooblem is that things like Gengar can laugh at me... But alfter Gengar's gone Gliscor will reign supreme!

I love it when they reluctantly switch in Doryuuzu knowing they can;t touch me. I Facade their balloon and OHKO them. Ah so satisfying.

Nattorei (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 192 HP / 216 Def / 100 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Draco Meteor eater. Om Nom Nom. He also checks Kingdra and a lot of the Rain Team dominating sweepers. Leech Seed + Leftovers + Protect is a pseudo-recover so its pretty good. Gyro Ball + Power Whip becuase 1 STAB is nice but 2 STAB is better. However I might change one for Spikes, because that would really help Heracross' campaign to end its' species dying out this metagame.

Maybe I should run Leech Seed / SR / Spikes / Gryo Ball? I don't know but I'll try it.

Rankurusu (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Rankurusu is amazing. It can change the situation from being in my opponent's advantage, to me having the advantage. The thing is they don't have anything to abuse Trick Room, and with Rankurusu's collosal special attack stat nothing much can take a hit without getting KO'ed. Also immune to status and entry hazards, it means that it will only be harmed by actual moves. Psychic is the almighty STAB with Shadow Ball and Focus Blast giving almost flawless coverage.

Heracross (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Earthquake Spiral
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Heracross is constantly going from UU to BL to OU and back to UU. I can understand why, with Heatran and all that jazz running around, but this metagame a major decrease in Heatran usage is ever so obvious and that allows Hera to shine. Megahorn almost always is the choice of move. 120 BP STAB CB 252 ATK. That is crazy especially coming off a 125 Attack stat. If he gets an Eathquake Spiral and you lack a 4x resist or a 2x resist who is a hell of a lot bulky, your done for. If you guys think Hihidaruma is a counter, I once OHKO'ed it with Megahorn after an Earthquake Spiral. So don't let people telling you he's UU material get your hopes up. He will wreck your the if you are prepared and he WILL KILL YOU.

Hope you enjoyed the read. Please rate and leave some advice or something.

Congratulations on your sucess so far!

Your team is pretty solid, however I see you team is relatively Roobushin weak. If he gets 2 Bulk Up's then nothing here can harm / take a hit from it. That is why I suggest giving your Gliscor Acrobat. Since you have Swords Dance on your set I don't really see the need for Fling, unless you want to pass poison onto someone else.

Dragonite also seems like a major threat to this team, capable of beating half your team with careful predictions. I would run a CB Mamo, but I'm unsure where to slot him in. You can decide whether you want to really change it around, but Dragonite isn't that much of a concern as Roobushin.

Also speaking of Mamoswine, A Ice Shard/Earthquake/Endeavor/Filler set looks like it could give you a bit of trouble. However they are only ever run as leads so you could hope for a paralysis to go your way.

Finally a Growth Venusaur could probably be trouble for you. Something like:

Growth / Energy Ball / EQ / HP Ice

Not sure what you want to do about it but those are a few obvious things you are weak to.

Anyway good luck with the team and all!

^While I agree that there's little point in Fling if you're not using Acrobat, he doesn't have any Conkeldurr problems. Gliscor walls it pretty effectively and it can't Bulk Up with Taunt, and Reuncilus outright kills it. Choice Band Waterfall will also hurt severely without Bulk Ups so really, it isn't a problem.

Good on you for using Heracross though. I personally don't feel Heracross is fast enough to abuse Moxie (ES) without a scarf. Either that or just use Guts to take advantage of Toxic Spikes and for switching into WoW and Boiling Water.

But otherwise the team seems pretty solid.

Congratulations on your sucess so far!

Your team is pretty solid, however I see you team is relatively Roobushin weak. If he gets 2 Bulk Up's then nothing here can harm / take a hit from it. That is why I suggest giving your Gliscor Acrobat. Since you have Swords Dance on your set I don't really see the need for Fling, unless you want to pass poison onto someone else.

Dragonite also seems like a major threat to this team, capable of beating half your team with careful predictions. I would run a CB Mamo, but I'm unsure where to slot him in. You can decide whether you want to really change it around, but Dragonite isn't that much of a concern as Roobushin.

Also speaking of Mamoswine, A Ice Shard/Earthquake/Endeavor/Filler set looks like it could give you a bit of trouble. However they are only ever run as leads so you could hope for a paralysis to go your way.

Finally a Growth Venusaur could probably be trouble for you. Something like:

Growth / Energy Ball / EQ / HP Ice

Not sure what you want to do about it but those are a few obvious things you are weak to.

Anyway good luck with the team and all!
Hi,

Thanks for the rate! Dragonite and Roobushin are probably the two who concern me the most. I am hesitant to switch anything in but I do completely wall it with Gliscor, so long as it doesn't get too many Bulk Ups. My problem with Dragonite is the unpredictability and the prediction needed to outsmart it.

Venusaur hasn't been much of a problem nor has Mamo.

^While I agree that there's little point in Fling if you're not using Acrobat, he doesn't have any Conkeldurr problems. Gliscor walls it pretty effectively and it can't Bulk Up with Taunt, and Reuncilus outright kills it. Choice Band Waterfall will also hurt severely without Bulk Ups so really, it isn't a problem.

Good on you for using Heracross though. I personally don't feel Heracross is fast enough to abuse Moxie (ES) without a scarf. Either that or just use Guts to take advantage of Toxic Spikes and for switching into WoW and Boiling Water.

But otherwise the team seems pretty solid.
Hi,

I agree sometimes it is pretty slow, but at times it is actually pretty speedy. He's faster than things like Gyarados and it is also the 3rd fastest ES there is so far. Could you propose any Pokemon that have an ability like Earthquake Spiral / Encourage that could work well in this team? Something that really packs a lot of punch and can come in and tear stuff up..

Thanks

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Since aqua jet is the focus of Azu (at least for me), I put all the speed evs into HP. After all, Azu doesn't outspeed much even with max speed. It has a really good HP stat so it can actually survive some stuff

On nattorei for your trying out set, I don't believe you can have SR spikes and leech seed on the same set, just a combination of two

Since aqua jet is the focus of Azu (at least for me), I put all the speed evs into HP. After all, Azu doesn't outspeed much even with max speed. It has a really good HP stat so it can actually survive some stuff

On nattorei for your trying out set, I don't believe you can have SR spikes and leech seed on the same set, just a combination of two
Hi,
I have no idea why EV's were ut in his miserable base 50 speed stat. Thanks for that.

Yeah I figured that out when it said it was an illegal combination, but in the end I've actually stuck with the original set.

How do you manage to counter Weather teams?
sandstorm teams are usually easily handled by azumarill + rankurusu + gliscor.
rain teams... i'm not so sure... I forgot. Borutorosu handles a lot of pokes on RD teams and then Rank can switch in a TR for at least 2 kills.

SD teams I'm not really prepared for. But if they pop up azu can handle a lot of them

have you thought of using specs latios on the last slot. I have one on my team to wall break and it works amazingly well. Basiclly nothing but blissy can switch into draco meteor

Ok, I used your team abit on the wifi in the pokemon online server. i didn't feel it was too good sadly. I find your lead loses to sashed leads and can't stop rocks going up. Heracross is a bit too weak, slow and too many things wall its moves. Gliscour, skarmory, heatran all very common pokemon. i also suggest puutting some attack evs on to glicour and nat so they can actually do some damage with attacks. I find 250ish attack to be good on both.

Ok, I used your team abit on the wifi in the pokemon online server. i didn't feel it was too good sadly. I find your lead loses to sashed leads and can't stop rocks going up. Heracross is a bit too weak, slow and too many things wall its moves. Gliscour, skarmory, heatran all very common pokemon. i also suggest puutting some attack evs on to glicour and nat so they can actually do some damage with attacks. I find 250ish attack to be good on both.
1. this team is a DREAM WORLD TEAM.. meaning its only for DREAM WORLD OU :O
2. You obviously don't play a team like I do. Pretty sure since I know how this team works I know when to switch what in and what is a counter.
3. I agree with the Hera thing but I can't find a suitable switch...
4. Gliscor and Nattorei are DEFENSIVE CORES... NOT FOR ATTACKING, FOR DEFENDING. Gliscor can SD up so whats te problem? It's better to invest in bulk if you are going to use an attack boosting move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)