CaPmon Sprite Revamping

ok thats it, I'm making a Kitsunoh prevo, I'm having trouble looking at the one we have right now >:I

in fact, here it is!
Tbh I quite like Wyverii's Nohface, what do you dislike about it? The only complaint I can really see is that it doesn't fit with SDS's concept:
The idea is that Nohface is simply the mask (or masks) that are all over Kitsunoh's body. Nohface itself is very slow, moving by being carried by the evil spirits that gather around it. When a bunch of Nohface gather together, their various spirits combine together and they form a single Kitsunoh.
But still, I like the idea behind Wyverii's anyways, and I don't see why we necessarily have to stick to SDS's concept (especially since nobody seems to be making a sprite for it, Doran Dragon's doesn't really fit it perfectly either).

I disagree.
The idea is that Nohface is simply the mask (or masks) that are all over Kitsunoh's body. Nohface itself is very slow, moving by being carried by the evil spirits that gather around it. When a bunch of Nohface gather together, their various spirits combine together and they form a single Kitsunoh.
I feel that this is actually well represented with my Nohface. I took inspiration from noh face from spirited away and the fact that Kitsunoh shows many Noh masks on it really makes the idea of Nohface combining to make a Kitsunoh

Yeah, you're right. I just pictured it not really having any fox-like part to it at all (ie just being a floating mask, which is where the 'slow' part would come from). Still, I don't really know how much I like that concept (the floating mask one), and I still really like Wyverii's sprite.

Doran Dragons interpretation of kit seems a bit bland to me, even more than my own sprite since it's essentially a smaller Kitsunoh with the side masks removed. I cannot see the inspiration from Nohface in Sprited Away either since it possesses no traits not already found on both Kitsunoh and that character. Not to say that it can't be used, this is mostly my opinion of course, and if it's the more popular I'd be happy to replace the current.

Finally, no, SDS's idea is supposed to be only the mask(s), perhaps with some wisps around them. There's not much room for misinterpretation. I have warmed up to the idea recently though and I'd like to see it at least tried for the sake of comparison. It's currently low priority for me since these backsprites aren't going to get themselves done and I don't see any volunteers yet.

Heya.

I was on CAP ASB a while ago viewing a battle, when a monstrosity came across me, this:

There are several things wrong with it, but I'm not going to point them out. So, I realized my friend Doran Dragon was making Nohface, so I decided to re-make Pilcowatt. After lots of crapfests, I came up with this:

I wanted to show you this before I went any further, so, I can tweak it however you see fit. Feel free to accept it, or throw it away in the concept dumpster. Hope you like it. :P

Finished Syclar. Back's a little messy.

I like how much more dynamic that version of plicowatt is in comparison to the others. Though I'm not sure how to take the bulb shape. The other concepts were based on a flat creature which if you're going down this particular design route I think fits the creature better. Softening the eye and cheek outlines could go a long way as well. If you want to continue with it though make sure it's looking towards the bottom left, that's the only required change.

Heya.

I was on CAP ASB a while ago watching a battle, when a monstrosity came across me, this:

There are several things wrong with it, but I'm not going to poing them out. So, I realized my friend Doran Dragon was making Nohface, so I decided to re-make Pilcowatt. After lots of crapfests, I came up with this:

I wanted to show you this before I went any further, so, I can tweak it however you see fit. Feel free to accept it, or throw it away in the concept dumpster. Hope you like it. :P
Even if we aren't going to use my sprite, I still think my pose is the best. Tort's is looking straight at you, and yours is looking to the upper left. If you edited my sprite so it looked better, that would be perfect.

Oh god, Plicowatts, Plicowatts everywhere. I'll see which one gathers the most support, in the meantime I'll be over here doing Fidgit.

I tried to keep as much as Doug's sprite in this as possible. Colours are picked and only tweaked slightly from the original and the pose hopefully has some elements of Doug's. The gender difference is an issue at this size and may have to be left out. Fidgit is the most difficult CaP to sprite hands down. Doing the back will be a challenge I would not wish upon anybody.

Albinoloon: I made the somewhat shitty sprite we are currently using and would be willing to take your advice in revising it.

Oh god, Plicowatts, Plicowatts everywhere. I'll see which one gathers the most support, in the meantime I'll be over here doing Fidgit.
As the guy who made Plicowatt (and produced the somewhat shitty sprite for Plicowatt in the first place, primarily because I didn't think the previous sprite was faithful to my idea-)

I like Energy Storm's idea-it's definitely a more faithful nauplius than Plicowatt, and if I had to change its design, that would be my first choice. Nevertheless...I don't really want it changed-primarily because I did a large amount of work on the entire Plicowatt section of revisions and have grown slightly attached to Plicowatt.

I think that Mektar's idea in retrospect is redeemable. Adding some lights to the parts that will become Krill's antennae+making it darker+full back pattern+making the eyes look fuller and cuter (with possibly an effect similar to female Kril's eyes as a gender difference) would work-you do indeed have a good pose.

Protowatt is kind of too much like a smaller Krill with a backspike for my tastes. Your other Plicowatt is good Alb, but you might want to flatten it a little more.

Wyverii said:
I hope it's not an issue reposting the image in that quote, I needed to constantly look back at it for reference.

I like where this is going, but I have a few pieces of critique for you to consider. First of all, you'll immediately notice a proportion error with the back hands. The two lower hands facing backwards are about the same size as the two hands far in the back. Proportionally, the back arms should be shorter and the hands smaller. Also, since they're palm-down, I am assuming they're supposed to be pushed to the floor. Given the position of the front hand and the two downward hands, those back hands are also mispositioned in the image. I think the other arms all look positioned and sized appropriately for their location, though, which I must say is impressive. I also really like how more emotional this Fidgit sprite looks compared to the previous one with the kind of blank stare.

a fairy

I’ll be at PAX East! Will you?
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
We're glad you do. Connect to the CAP server on PO to battle with them. Anytime.

Many of the sprites displayed in this thread have not yet been implemented on the server because I'd rather do them all at once and not make users reinstall the db constantly. The older sprites, however, are available with our CAPs for you to battle with them. You can find out how to connect the server here. If you have any issues, ask for help with them here.

Please use this topic only for discussion of the sprites themselves. ;)

-Important Note-

Both Kitsunoh and Krilowatt pre-evolutions have been removed from the workload due to controversy. They'll be worked on officially in their own process at some point. Please do not do any more work on these CaPs. Thanks to all who added their own sprites and input in and sorry for the inconvenice.

Also for any contributors I'd like for focus to be on revamping the original CaPs and not the pre-evolutions at the moment. It's fine if you still want to help with pre-evolutions but if you're willing priority should go to the originals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)