My 5th Gen Dream World Team!

My Team

This team is just OK. I need to make it better. That's why I posted it here!

In Depth Analysis
Lead-Zoroark
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Illusion
EVs:4 Atk/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
-Night Burst
-U-Turn
-Flamethrower
-Focus Blast

Well, Zoroark is my lead, and quite possibly the coolest Pokemon ever. I had a Focus Sash on him, but I found out that for some reason, when it's imitating my Ditto, the Sash doesn't work. As an attacking lead, he works pretty well. I can also U-Turn, and use him later in the game. He's not the best Pokemon on my team, but he does semi-well.

Jarooda
Ability: Perversity
EVs:4 HP/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, Atk)
-Leaf Storm
-Giga Drain
-Wring Out
-Hidden Power Fire

Jarooda is an absolute beast. It outspeeds almost every non-scarfed Pokemon, and its ability makes Leaf Storms secondary effect a blessing and not a curse. HP Fire makes it Anti-Ditto, because a Ditto would get HP Dark. He is great as a Mid-Game sweeper.

Chansey
Item: Evolution Stone
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs:156 Def/252 HP/100 Sp. Def
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
-Seismic Toss
-Toxic
-Aromatherapy
-Softboiled

This is the same Chansey that everyone else has. It works, and it's better than Blissey. I love this little egg because it walls any Sp. Atk moves, spreads poison, and heals the rest of my team with Aromatherapy. The only problem is, it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too predictable. Maybe something should replace it? I don't know.

Espeon
Ability: Magic Mirror
EVs:4 Atk/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spe
Modest Nature (+Sp. Atk, -Atk)
-Calm Mind
-Shadow Ball
-Grass Knot
-Psycho Shock

Espeon is awesome because of its ability. I switch it in on Chanseys or Blisseys with toxic and I toxic them. The ability is great, but the moveset is just OK. His stats are also just OK. I like it, but maybe a Xatu would be better.

Sazandora
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs:4 HP/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Sp. Atk)
-Surf
-Fire Blast
-Dark Pulse
-Earthquake

Sazandora is awesome. With nearly flawless coverage, it makes a beastly revenge killer. I have had very few problems with Sazandora, and I know that he is THE SINGLE COOLEST POKEMON EVAR!

Ditto
Item:Choice Scarf
Ability:Eccentric
Adamant Nature (+Atk., -Sp. Atk)
EVs: 4 Def/252 HP/252 Spe
-Transform

Ditto is so awesome in Gen 5 because of his new ability. I can't say much about him, so I'll just say he works well.

Thanks for Reading! Please help me make my team better by posting HELPFUL comments!

No dragon attack on Sazandora. Blasphemy. Put Draco Meteor over Earthquake, or Dragon Pulse if you don't like the sp. att drop.
Put Espeon last, so that Zoroark looks like a Espeon, then the will try ghost and dark type attacks which Zoroark resists, and they won't set up on you. Try a set with substitute and nasty plot, with Focus Blast/Night Burst.
Espeon should use reflect, that way it can survive a pursuit. Maybe try a support set, Dual Screens with light clay, wish and a attack. You can remove a screen for a status.

Mind explaining why Chansey over Blissey?
Are you kidding? With the evolution stone Chansey's defenses far surpass Blissey's. Blissey is only a better option if you want Leftovers and to be able to use special attacks.

Your team has a severe lack of resistances. Most dragons can plow through your entire team. Scarfchomp in particular can wipe out your whole team either Outrage since you have no Steel and Ditto only speed ties it. I could list some individual problems with each individual pokemon, but your team as a whole lacks synergy very badly. I don't see a team focus or goal as opposed to a bunch of pokemon that you happen to like or happen to be renown and not necessarily what your team needs.

Are you kidding? With the evolution stone Chansey's defenses far surpass Blissey's. Blissey is only a better option if you want Leftovers and to be able to use special attacks.

Your team has a severe lack of resistances. Most dragons can plow through your entire team. Scarfchomp in particular can wipe out your whole team either Outrage since you have no Steel and Ditto only speed ties it. I could list some individual problems with each individual pokemon, but your team as a whole lacks synergy very badly. I don't see a team focus or goal as opposed to a bunch of pokemon that you happen to like or happen to be renown and not necessarily what your team needs.
Won't know if I don't ask, you weren't the end all be all at this game at some point too.

Well no offense, but if you aren't even familiar with the evolution stone item then you aren't really qualified to be giving team advice for the current generation. There's no harm in being unfamiliar with new information, but I didn't try to tell people how to run their teams when I didn't know what I was talking about.

I'm not really sure what Chansey is doing on your team - it really slows down the momentum and as it stands you are extremely weak to fighting-typed attackers and lack any physical attackers of your own. The choice is obvious, go with Gliscor over Chansey:

Gliscor@Toxic Orb
Impish; 244 HP / 188 Atk / 76 Spe

Fling
Acrobatics
Earthquake
Swords Dance

Gliscor gets great coverage and has high bulk with this set, which makes checking the likes of Conkeldurr and Excadrill a breeze. With Swords Dance, you have something that can actually get past Blissey should you run across it.

Next, get rid of Earthquake on Hydreigon and use Draco Meteor. It is far more effective than Earthquake, which is offering you no real coverage as you have Fire Blast for steels and Surf already hits Heatran.

Zoroark should use Life Orb, and when leading with it I would suggest putting Serperior in the last slot, as Zoroark cannot copy Ditto's Eccentric and that gives away what it actually is (I have a slight feeling you may not have tested this team much). Serperior will lure out dragons and steels that Zoroark can hit with Flamethrower if you're lucky.

Well no offense, but if you aren't even familiar with the evolution stone item then you aren't really qualified to be giving team advice for the current generation. There's no harm in being unfamiliar with new information, but I didn't try to tell people how to run their teams when I didn't know what I was talking about.
I didn't try, did I? I just asked a question :)

On Jarooda change wring Out to Leech seed or toxic because wring out just sucks. And I have to agree with everyone else, Sazandora absolutely needs to have a dragon attack.

Thanks everyone. I'm glad you all helped. this is my 1st 5th gen team, so ya, it was a thrown-together mess. I might post my Uber team up here soon! get ready!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)