5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Wait, XD in researcher? Will this mean no more soft reseting and going through battles to get a decent HH Duskull???

ill bite how does this magic happen

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
knowing how the RNG/s work in a game is a lot different than understanding how the game does many of its calculations and generates pokemon.

As someone who doesn't have an AR or uses an Emulator and Rom, I don't really understand what vcount, RW timer, GX stat and Vframe is. Is RNG Reporter 9 going to be something I can use as soon as Black and White comes out on the 6th, or am I going to have to wait a while before more information is posted?

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Selecting the (Language) Retail (Version) and DS/DSlite will auto load those values into the parameters.

There's really no guide yet for non-cgear abuse, we are still ironing out the minor details.

Version
B 0x2215f10 (range: 0x2215f0e ~ 0x2215f12)
W 0x2215f30 (range: 0x2215f2e ~ 0x2215f32)

VCount
B 0x60 (range: 0x5e ~ 0x62)
W 0x5f (range: 0x5d ~ 0x61)

RW Timer0
B 0xC79 (range: 0xc77 ~ 0xc7b)
W 0xC68 (range: 0xc66 ~ 0xc6a)

Frame
6 ~ DSLite
8 ~ DS (Regular)

Gxstat
0x60000000 ~ DSLite/DS
Everything else yet is undocumented/undiscovered.

But for somebody like me, I could still do C-Gear stuff right? Or am still going to need to wait a little longer? I have no problem beating story mode and chilling for a while until things are taken care of, but I thought I just see what my limitations are as I will be eager to get started.

Hi there! In 4th Gen RNG, we could find out the SID by using the IVs of a randomly encountered shiny. Since the 5th Gen has split the IV and PID generation into separate RNG checks, would this method of deducing a secret ID no longer apply?

Hi there! In 4th Gen RNG, we could find out the SID by using the IVs of a randomly encountered shiny. Since the 5th Gen has split the IV and PID generation into separate RNG checks, would this method of deducing a secret ID no longer apply?
Correct. The only reason it worked in 4th gen is because there was a direct correlation between IVs and PID. It won't work in 5th gen.

This might be known already, but just in case it isn't... RNG Reporter 8.4 only works up until HGSS...is it supposed to be like that?

Correct. The only reason it worked in 4th gen is because there was a direct correlation between IVs and PID. It won't work in 5th gen.
Makes sense; thanks for the confirmation! I'll have to do some research on RNGing my ID/SID for the NA release, in that case.

so dsi is not supported in rng reporter 9 .then there is no way to id/sid abuse.um about when will it support dsi? :-(

When BW come out I will need someone to explain how this RNG Reporter works because even though RNGing doesn't seem confusing, I barely understand this RNG Reporter for 5th Gen.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
When BW come out I will need someone to explain how this RNG Reporter works because even though RNGing doesn't seem confusing, I barely understand this RNG Reporter for 5th Gen.
Since we now have very good control over the PID RNG, we plan to whip a collaborative guide with a bunch of people. It will be drafted open source so we can convey all needed information effectively in the simplest way possible. Most likely this weekend; definitely before EU release.

The current guide would get replaced/edited with a new one highlighting C-Gear use (particularly with High Link abuse) for it's effectiveness in certain areas; non-CGear is far superior in most aspects.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
so dsi is not supported in rng reporter 9 .then there is no way to id/sid abuse.um about when will it support dsi? :-(
It's being looked at now. I think OD was planning to have dsi in by English release.
I do plan on getting RNGing on a DSi cracked before the US\European release, but given the fact that even the Japanese haven't figured it out on their DSis, I'm not very optimistic. Still, we're using every resource at our disposal to try.

Is RNG Reporter 9 going to be something I can use as soon as Black and White comes out on the 6th, or am I going to have to wait a while before more information is posted?
But for somebody like me, I could still do C-Gear stuff right? Or am still going to need to wait a little longer? I have no problem beating story mode and chilling for a while until things are taken care of, but I thought I just see what my limitations are as I will be eager to get started.
Still not 100% sure here and still would like to know so I can prepare myself.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Still not 100% sure here and still would like to know so I can prepare myself.
For CGear, you only need your MAC address I believe. That's easily obtainable. You wont be able to ID/SID abuse or RNG at all until you get the CGear but it's doable otherwise.

Just gave non-C Gear RNG a try, and managed to get relevant results, except for one thing: all the IVs seem right except one.

For example, my Kibago has perfect IVs everywhere except in SpDe, which makes near to no sense to me, its parents having 30+ in that stat.

What could be an explanation for this ?

No I didn't miss it, for sure ^^. Besides, all the frame after and before the one I hit (+ the one I targeted) had a spread with no value in SpDef (which means the value depends on the base value we are RNGing for in the first place, right ?).

Correct me if I'm wrong.

If you walk around, you risk advancing the RNG by accident.
Oh, I see. I forgot about that. So, does walking around in the grass even if it's only 1-3 steps advance the frame?

And, iirc, we can encounter wild pokemon without taking a step, but just by slightly touching the D-Pad so that we change our direction but not taking a step. Would that advance the frame?

No I didn't miss it, for sure ^^. Besides, all the frame after and before the one I hit (+ the one I targeted) had a spread with no value in SpDef (which means the value depends on the base value we are RNGing for in the first place, right ?).

Correct me if I'm wrong.
For non-C-Gear breeding you have to be 8 frames before your target frame. I'm guessing you advanced too much or something.

Or you could have an inconsistent RWTimer. Are you using a gamecart or a flashcart?

I was just trying to find the Parameters of my DS but the search was unsuccessful
I´m using a DSlite with a real White
Which variables do i have to change and how?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 26)