Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been lurking around the Nuzlocke and the Scramble challenge thread and I wanted to try it out. I'd like the difficulty level to be around Easy-Medium. The game I'm playing is Platinum. I have 2 NDS so I can trade.

EDIT: I HATE bidoof/Bibarel they troll me so hard on Platinum every time. And I'd prefer Pokemon that can evolve.

@V1ral: Take a Bronzor named Irony. It must know exactly one Steel-typed move at all times (when possible). If its ability is Levitate, its Steel move must be an attack. If its ability is Heatproof, its Steel move must be a status move. Its other moves (by the E4) must all be either Psychic-typed, status moves, or have greater than 79 base power (or some combination of those). It may never solo a Gym Leader or E4 Pokemon.

@V1ral

You get Thorns the Female Budew. It can evolve into Roselia whenever it wants, but it has to solo Crasher Wake to evolve into Roserade. It must know Toxic ASAP as well.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
V1ral, Take any Pokemon you want that can learn 4 or more HM Moves. Name it HM Whore, it must know all HM Moves. Have it solo either a Gym Leader or E4 Member of your choice. It may never be the lowest leveled Pokemon on your team.

Have fun.

EDIT: If neither Iggdrasil or Dexington give me a situation report in the next 20 hours, I'm going to declare the match a no-result without extension. Also, grinding on Pearl got too boring, so I traded them over to one of my games with my strong Pokemon on it & raised them on that game. Meh-heh-heh-heh-heh...

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
V1ral, you get a Turtwig! It must solo your rival 3 times (The first time you battle him counts.) The only other restrictions are that it must learn 1 move from 3 of the categories by the elite four.
1.Leech Seed/Giga Drain/Synthesis
2.Endure/Light Screen/Reflect
3.Stealth Rock/Roar/Toxic
4.Iron Tail/Bullet Seed/Curse
5.Withdraw/Protect/Safeguard
6.Secret Power/Hidden Power/HYPER BEAM!
Name it Donattelo
Have Fun!

@V1ral, take a Houndour named Charon. It cannot battle unless all of its moves are of a different type, and it cannot evolve until after its ability successfully activates at least once. Have fun!

@V1ral: Take a Bronzor named Irony. It must know exactly one Steel-typed move at all times (when possible). If its ability is Levitate, its Steel move must be an attack. If its ability is Heatproof, its Steel move must be a status move. Its other moves (by the E4) must all be either Psychic-typed, status moves, or have greater than 79 base power (or some combination of those). It may never solo a Gym Leader or E4 Pokemon.
Steel status move? Does Iron Defense count?

@V1ral

You get Thorns the Female Budew. It can evolve into Roselia whenever it wants, but it has to solo Crasher Wake to evolve into Roserade. It must know Toxic ASAP as well.
Cool. I love Roserade.

Take RAEP the Gyarados. It must know Sub, DD and Flail by the Elite Four, soloing one member.
LOL RAEP. Okie <3 Gyarados. So I can choose the last Move?

V1ral, Take any Pokemon you want that can learn 4 or more HM Moves. Name it HM Whore, it must know all HM Moves. Have it solo either a Gym Leader or E4 Member of your choice. It may never be the lowest leveled Pokemon on your team.

Have fun.
...; But the only one I can think of is Bibarel/Skarmory.. I can only get Skarmory after the Elite Four though.. And I hate Bibarel with a passion (My first post). So.. Can I say no to it? And I'm also having doubts on if this is Easy-Medium.. Sounds hard to me..

V1ral, you get a Turtwig! It must solo your rival 3 times (The first time you battle him counts.) The only other restrictions are that it must learn 1 move from 3 of the categories by the elite four.
1.Leech Seed/Giga Drain/Synthesis
2.Endure/Light Screen/Reflect
3.Stealth Rock/Roar/Toxic
4.Iron Tail/Bullet Seed/Curse
5.Withdraw/Protect/Safeguard
6.Secret Power/Hidden Power/HYPER BEAM!
Name it Donattelo
Have Fun!
So I have to choose 3 categories and pick 1 move out of the 3 categories? And I can choose whatever I want for the 4th move right?

@V1ral, take a Houndour named Charon. It cannot battle unless all of its moves are of a different type, and it cannot evolve until after its ability successfully activates at least once. Have fun!
So I catch it and it has 1 Dark/1 Poison/1 Fire/1 Normal type move I can battle with it. But when I lv it up and I want 2 Fire type moves, I can't battle with it if I teach 2 Fire moves to it? And even if it doesn't have 4 Diff type moves, can I send it in to battle and then switch out to get exp on it?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
But the only one I can think of is Bibarel/Skarmory.. I can only get Skarmory after the Elite Four though.. And I hate Bibarel with a passion (My first post). So.. Can I say no to it? And I'm also having doubts on if this is Easy-Medium.. Sounds hard to me...
*coughcoughLickilickycoughcough* It is a bit of a challenge, but, I'll make it a bit easier for you: You can use other moves until you get 4 HM's that your Pokemon can learn. Also, you said you can trade as well, so it's easier than you think.

*coughcoughLickilickycoughcough* It is a bit of a challenge, but, I'll make it a bit easier for you: You can use other moves until you get 4 HM's that your Pokemon can learn. Also, you said you can trade as well, so it's easier than you think.
FFFFFFFFFFF God damn it. HM moves suck (Except for Surf/Waterfall) D= I'll try Lickilicky I guess.

....Or you could try golduck who is infinitely superior to lickilicky in every conceivable way (mostly because it isn't a fat fuck).

Need to update my saph run: might... nah, won't update. I am indefinitely postponing my leaf grean run because it is boring and I will break a personal rule of mine and do my black and white ones first then go back for that. I do plan on finishing my second sapphire scramble before march 6th at midnight bringing my completed number of scrambles up to 7... or maybe 6. It is definitely one of those but I can't be bothered to check which one. It's probably 6, 7 seems like a lot.

Mostly, the Golduck thing.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
....Or you could try golduck who is infinitely superior to lickilicky in every conceivable way (mostly because it isn't a fat fuck)
Golduck works too, also you (V1ral) can get the mandatory solo out of the way at the first gym. There you go, something nice & easy, all you have to do is think. Hope you enjoy my challenge as well as the others & good luck on your scramble, V1ral. Also, you can get a Pokemon that can evolve into a Pokemon that can learn 4 HM's or more. Have fun & Good Luck.

Overall Team Types: Grass x2 / Poison x1 / Water x1 / Flying x1 / Psychic x1 / Steel x1 / Ground x1 / Normal x1 / Fire x1 / Dark x1

Irony the Bronzor/Bronzong
- May never solo Gym Leaders/Elite Four Members
- Must have exactly 1 Steel-typed move at all times (when possible)
- If its ability is Levitate, its Steel move must be an attack. If its ability is Heatproof, its Steel move must be a non-attacking move
- Its other moves (by the E4) must all be either Psychic-typed, non-attacking moves, or have greater than 79 base power (or some combination of those)

Thorns the Budew/Roselia/Roserade
- Can evolve into Roselia whenever I want
- Has to solo Crasher Wake to evolve into Roserade
- It must know Toxic ASAP

RAEP the Magikarp/Gyarados
- Must know Substitute, Dragon Dance and Flail by the Elite Four
- Must solo one Elite Four Member

Donattelo the Turtwig/Grotle/Torterra
- Must solo Rival 3 times
- Moveset: Giga Drain/Secret Power/Curse/Earthquake (Meh, hate the categories. No good physical Grass moves. D=)

HM Whore the Lickitung/Lickilicky
- Moveset: Surf/Strength/Rock Smash/Rock Climb (HM Moves = Fail -,-)
- Must solo either a Gym Leader or an Elite Four Member of my choice.
- It may never be the lowest leveled Pokemon on my team.

Charon the Houndour/Houndoom
- Cannot battle unless all of its moves are of a different type
- Cannot evolve until its ability successfully activates at least once
- I may switch it in and out without it attacking if I want (To level it up)

I was originally going to use Golduck, but if I do, I'll have 2 Water types and 2 Grass types. So I picked Lickilicky instead.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Just a heads up, I now have editing rights to the OP of this thread. Thank you Haunter for the editing rights, & all the others that wanted me to have the rights in the group. Much appreciated.

Just a heads up, I now have editing rights to the OP of this thread. Thank you Haunter for the editing rights, & all the others that wanted me to have the rights in the group. Much appreciated.
Nice to know we have someone active in this thread that can actually edit posts and stuff, congratz on getting the role Random :D

Anyways, In my Fire Red Scramble, i was up to Misty, but strangely enough, my Lotad can't evolve, it's as if you press B every time i try to evolve, so i used gameshark codes and caught a wild Lombre. Bet my rival with my underleveled pokemon, will do a proper update later.

Overall Team Types: Grass x2 / Poison x1 / Water x1 / Flying x1 / Psychic x1 / Steel x1 / Ground x1 / Normal x1 / Fire x1 / Dark x1

Irony the Bronzor/Bronzong
- May never solo Gym Leaders/Elite Four Members
- Must have exactly 1 Steel-typed move at all times (when possible)
- If its ability is Levitate, its Steel move must be an attack. If its ability is Heatproof, its Steel move must be a non-attacking move
- Its other moves (by the E4) must all be either Psychic-typed, non-attacking moves, or have greater than 79 base power (or some combination of those)

Thorns the Budew/Roselia/Roserade
- Can evolve into Roselia whenever I want
- Has to solo Crasher Wake to evolve into Roserade
- It must know Toxic ASAP

RAEP the Magikarp/Gyarados
- Must know Substitute, Dragon Dance and Flail by the Elite Four
- Must solo one Elite Four Member

Donattelo the Turtwig/Grotle/Torterra
- Must solo Rival 3 times
- Moveset: Giga Drain/Secret Power/Curse/Earthquake (Meh, hate the categories. No good physical Grass moves. D=)

HM Whore the Lickitung/Lickilicky
- Moveset: Surf/Strength/Rock Smash/Rock Climb (HM Moves = Fail -,-)
- Must solo either a Gym Leader or an Elite Four Member of my choice.
- It may never be the lowest leveled Pokemon on my team.

Charon the Houndour/Houndoom
- Cannot battle unless all of its moves are of a different type
- Cannot evolve until its ability successfully activates at least once
- I may switch it in and out without it attacking if I want (To level it up)

I was originally going to use Golduck, but if I do, I'll have 2 Water types and 2 Grass types. So I picked Lickilicky instead.
Man, this is gonna be a lot tougher than I expected. I'll try my best to complete this game though.
My team is done and I'm gonna play this today or tomorrow I guess. =P

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Round 8 of SPL2 is up folks! See who you're up against & make some predictions.

Also, It took forever, but I've finished grinding for my Pearl No-Evo Scramble. Below is my plan of attack for the E4 & my team minus sprites.
Aaron: Lead with Missy against Dustox & try to kill it ASAP before it does too much damage. Heracross would probably come in at that point, where I switch in Chocolate & Brave Bird it into oblivion. Next would probably be Drapion, where Stortamus can come in & set up Stealth Rock, before taking him out with Eathquake. I will need to watch out for Ice Fang, however, so if Stortamus gets killed, Missy can come in as a back up (Lol, no Dark Type attacks on Drapion), & kill with Thunderbolt. Lastly, Vespiquen & Beautifly should be easy picking for Lailaps (Or Stortamus if he is still alive), thanks to Stealth Rock.

Bertha: Bertha should be incredibly easy. Lead with Mr Penguin & rape her entire party with Surf & Grass Knot. Choice specs should be really useful to ensure KO's on a couple of Pokemon, Quagsire in particular, as I have known him to survive a Grass Knot. Other than that, this should be no hassle to win.

Flint: This will be a tricky one. Lead with Mr Penguin & use Surf to deal a lot of damage while Rapidash should survive & set up Sunny Day. Assuming this is the case, I will switch in Stortamus, predicting a SolarBeam & set up Sandstorm & Earthquake Rapidash while he is charging, most likely KOing in the process. Next up should be Infernape, Stortamus should EQ Infernape, hopefully surviving a predicted Flare Blitz & KO the monkey. Drifblim should be next, where I'll send in Missy & blast it back where it came from with a Shadow Ball. After that, Steelix should come in, paving the way for Mr Penguin to score an easy KO, & lastly, Lopunny, who should be 2HKOed by Something.

Lucian: Lucian should give me a run for my money here. Lead with Stortamus against Mr. Mime, & while he sets up Dual Screens, Stortamus will set up Stealth Rock & slowly chip away at Mr. Mime with Crunch, if Stortamus kills Mr. Mime, then next will probably be Medicham, in which case, I'll switch in Chocolate & go suicidal with Brave Bird, otherwise, if Chocolate dies, Missy should come in & kill Medicham. Third will most likely be Girafarig, where I would send Stortamus back in & chip away with Crunch while healing off damage with items. If Stortamus dies, then I'll send in Lailaps to pick Girafarig off. Should Stortamus win, then Alakazam will probably next, where it's Missy's turn to blast him into oblivion with Shadow Ball. Last would be Bronzong, where my best bet is to use Missy & keep using Shadow Ball until it falls.

Cynthia: And we come to Cynthia. Lead with Lailaps against Spiritomb, & alternate between Charge & Spark until Spiritomb bites the dust. At that point, one of two Pokemon will show up, either Gastrodon or Garchomp. If Gastrodon comes out, Mr Penguin comes in & Grass Knot's Gastrodon into oblivion. If Garchomp comes out, then I'll switch in Missy & alternate between him & Lailaps, lowering Chomp's attack in the progress & then after one of them (Probably Lailaps) gets KOed, I'll send in Mr Penguin & finish Chomp with Ice Beam. Either way, Roserade will probably come in next, where I'll send in Chocolate & go Brave Bird suicidal. If Chocolate fails to kill Roserade, then Missy shall come in & finish the job with Psychic. Assuming Chocolate succeeds, next would be Milotic, where I'll send in Mr Penguin & revive Lailaps (Assuming Chomp came out first, otherwise, I would send in Lailaps directly) & eventually use Larolla as death fodder to give Lailaps a safe switch in. At that point, I would alternate with Charge & Spark until Milotic comes down. Then the other of the two Ground Types would come out & I'll deal with them accordingly. And then finally, we come to Lucario. The main plan would be to send in Stortamus & try & kill it by spamming Earthquake. If he fails, then I'll do with what's at hand (Most likely spamming Missy's Thunderbolt) to kill Lucario & win the Scramble.

Larolla (Female Buneary) @ Nothing
Lv:60/Timid/Klutz
151 HP/94 ATK/72 DEF/76 SP ATK/90 SP DEF/150 SPD
-Shadow Ball
-Charm
-Bounce
-Healing Wish
Comments: Larolla is basically going to be mainly used as death fodder, sacraficing herself to give a wounded sweeper a second chance. Due to restrictions, this is a fixed moveset, but meh, hopefully Larolla does something in this E4 clash.

Stortamus (Male Hippopotas) @ Nothing
Lv:60/Quiet/Sand Stream
168 HP/125 ATK/123 DEF/77 SP ATK/69 SP DEF/54 SPD
-Rock Slide
-Crunch
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
Comments: Stortamus will be used as a lead against most matches. Basically, his job will be to set up Sandstorm & Stealth Rock. Other than that, he possesses the ever so useful Quake-Slide combo & good physical bulk.

Chocolate (Male Starly) @ Nothing
Lv:60/Lax/Keen Eye
128 HP/101 ATK/61 DEF/54 SP ATK/47 SP DEF/122 SPD
-Endeavour
-Brave Bird
-Quick Attack
-Fly
Comments: Fixed moveset, honestly not expecting Chocolate to do much, except againt those weak to Flying. Can function as a revenge killer with priority Quick Attack, though.

Lailaps (Female Shinx) @ Nothing
Lv:60/Jolly/Intimidate
145 HP/110 ATK/52 DEF/63 SP ATK/56 SP DEF/111 SPD
-Return
-Spark
-Charge
-Crunch
Comments: As with Chocolate, not expecting Lailaps to do much, due to fragility, but I'll use her as a Garchomp Lure in the Cynthia battle though.

Missy (Male Misdreavus) @ Nothing
Lv:60/Calm/Levitate
146 HP/78 ATK/99 DEF/130 SP ATK/140 SP DEF/129 SPD
-Confuse Ray
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
Unown HP's obtained: Poison, Bug, Dragon, Ground, Rock, Ice, Fighting, Electric, Psychic, & Dark.
Comments: One of the two main Special Sweepers on this team. Missy has a powerful movepool & the speed, & Special bulk to back it up, & should be a force to be reckoned with during the E4 Run.

Mr Penguin (Male Piplup) @ Nothing
Lv:62/Modest/Torrent
154 HP/71 ATK/89 DEF/137 SP ATK/88 SP DEF/94 SPD
-Grass Knot
-Ice Beam
-Brine
-Peck
Comments: The other main Special Sweeper on the team. Missy arguably outclasses Mr Penguin, but Mr Penguin has almost perfect neutral coverage with Surf/Ice Beam/Grass Knot (Fuck you Shedinja, but Sheddy doesn't appear in Pearl, so Mr Penguin does have perfect neutral coverage with said moves). Like Missy, I'm expecting Mr Penguin to star in the E4 run.

Any last minute changes before I do the run? Also, expect the final update to be my 1k. Good Luck me.

EDIT: I have beaten my scramble. Just need to do the writeup & we're set. PS. Item Spamming easy modes the game...

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
I've been lurking in this thread for a while now, and I'm finally going to do my first scramble. This will be in Fire Red, and since this is my first scramble, I want a medium difficulty scramble.

I've been lurking in this thread for a while now, and I'm finally going to do my first scramble. This will be in Fire Red, and since this is my first scramble, I want a medium difficulty scramble.
You get RK9 the Growlithe/Arcanine. It may not evolve into Arcanine until it learns Flamethrower by leveling up to 49. It must also solo Blaine's Arcanine. That is all.

@Its A Random : LOL Hitmonchan with Mach punch/Mega Punch/Focus Punch/Ice Punch/Thunder Punch/Fire Punch (Remember, in FR/LG Fire, Ice, Electric type moves are all considered Special)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)