Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Melee Battle!
Singles
2 v 2 v 2(2 Pokemon per side)
DQ time: 2 days
Arena: Mars

Arena extends for a radius of 100 m, beyond which are chasms of death. g(Acceleration due to gravity) on Mars is around 1/3rd that of Earth, so Flying-type Pokemon require much less energy for their attacks(exact amount is at discretion of referee). Its pretty cold, so going beyond a height of 100 m will lead to a loss of 20 HP. The chill also means that Ice-type moves are easier to use, so they require 1 less energy. There is a meteor in the sky heading for the battlefield, but who knows what it may contain....
ok one ability
and no items

I'll take this melee brawl thing as a ref. Hopefully I won't die too painful a death. Everyone send their teams.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
This please :x
3v3 Singles
DQ Time: 3 Days
2 Recovers / 3 Non-100% Recovers / 6 Chills

Arena: Newbie Island Arena

Based in the wonderful island of yore, Newbie Island, where nobody can count above five and everything that's not a trainer is a punching bag. In the corner, they have a section of this palm-tree and surf island set aside for practice (or real) Pokemon Battles. This small arena is sandy, allowing Pokemon who can dig to do so. However, given that the rest of the island is for the training of newbies, this roped-off section of sand for Pokemon Battles is only a 40-foot diameter circle. Anyone attempting to escape outside the confines of the low walls is outside the protection of the arena, and can summarily be plausibly attacked or flattened by new trainers seeking cheap experience.

One ability/no items okay?
Assuming that these are the rules, I'll ref this. PM me your abilities if applicable, please.

Let's experiment with a new concept for battling (introduced in 5th gen)

3v3 Triple Rotation Battle:

Land: A plain field with 2 turn tables on each side. All 3 pokemon you and I shall use are set on the wheel. In game, you have the option of rotating the pokemon before you attack, so we shall do this:
-We can rotate only during the beginning of the round (before pokemon actions)
-You can decide whether actions are to be private or not, since we'd basically counter each pokemon with one of our own. It's up to you. (This is to be included in your option choice).
-At the end of the round, our pokemon returns to the turn table.

Example turn:
"Ok Bulbasaur, take a rest. Charmander go use Fire Blast, Dragon Claw, and Dig on the foe's next pokemon"
"In that case, Squirtle, get back out there and use Hydro Pump, Skull Bash, and Surf"

3 day DQ
2 uses of recovery. No chills for attacking pokemon. Pokemon not used get 1 chill during the round.
Bumpy?

You know something, Finn Ragetti? I'm feeling ballsy. BRING IT ON!

Switch = Irrelevant, it's Rotation...
All Abilities
No Items.
Actions = Visible, so that we can use it as an example for others.

okay then, imma look for an opponent for my first battle

Singles
3v3
DQ time = 2 days
basic restrictions

Arena : Blimp
An advertising blimp with some pokemon advertisement painted on it. About 15 meters long and 5 meters wide and is rugby ball shaped. The fight will commence on top of the blimp. Wind speed may change at moment's notice, and the surface of the blimp is both curved and bouncy. Pokemon who have lost balance may get a second chance by hanging on to the gondola under the blimp. Don't freak out the pilot, though. Flying pokemon has definite advantage, of course.

Just got some new monsters and I'm ready to show them off.

Doubles
4vs4
DQ: 3 Days
2 Recover / 5 Chills

Arena: Viridian Forest
Viridian Forest is a deep and sprawling woodland expanding across Route 2 reaching to Pewter City in the north and to Viridian City in the south, giving the forest its name. The trees in this area have grown so dense that light has trouble getting through, and because of this the forest seems dark and gloomy. The path across to each terminus winds its way around the dense layers of trees, creating a giant labyrinth many liken to a natural maze, as many people get lost inside. The entrance to the forest seems to be light and airy: the trees are not as thick and sunlight is able to get in fine. The trees stand tall and the grass appears to be long and unmaintained, while trees in the distance appear to be shadowed.

Arena Effects: No sources of water. Dig/Earthquake OK. Grass to hide in and trees to hide behind.

Just got some new monsters and I'm ready to show them off.

Doubles
4vs4
2 Recover / 5 Chills

Arena: Viridian Forest
Viridian Forest is a deep and sprawling woodland expanding across Route 2 reaching to Pewter City in the north and to Viridian City in the south, giving the forest its name. The trees in this area have grown so dense that light has trouble getting through, and because of this the forest seems dark and gloomy. The path across to each terminus winds its way around the dense layers of trees, creating a giant labyrinth many liken to a natural maze, as many people get lost inside. The entrance to the forest seems to be light and airy: the trees are not as thick and sunlight is able to get in fine. The trees stand tall and the grass appears to be long and unmaintained, while trees in the distance appear to be shadowed.

Arena Effects: No sources of water. Dig/Earthquake OK. Grass to hide in and trees to hide behind.

Accepted!
Switch=KO
No items
One ability

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
Tag Battle, Dracoyoshi8 and HD
1v1 (Each trainer uses one Pokemon)
5 chills, 2 recovers

Arena: The canopy of a rainforest. A large platform suspended by four ropes tied to the trunks of trees has been placed for Pokemon who can maneuver as well through the trees. Pokemon who are apt at climbing are free the use the treetops during battle. Being a rainforest, rain is a common occurrence. Also, wild Pokemon from the forest may appear if they are disturbed.

If you are accepting this challenge, both you and your partner need to post saying you are working together.

I want to try battling with water!

2v2 single battle
DQ: 3 days
1 Recovery move/5 chills max

Arena: Lazy Hazy Lake
This lake is a peaceful place with a soothing atmosphere. The warm waters and humid conditions make it a perfect place for Water-type Pokémon to relax. There always seems to be a mysterious mist hanging low over the lake, adding to that relaxing feel. Pontoons have been set up on the water to make the place battle-worthy, but there's a problem. There are also wild Water-type Pokémon relaxing here, floating gently in the water. Because of the low-lying haze, it's impossible to tell which pontoon-like things are actual pontoons, and which are wild Pokémon. Any wild Pokémon disturbed in any way will get mad, and attack the offender harshly to see how they like being disturbed.
How many of the "pontoons" are actually wild Pokémon, you ask? Oh, it varies. 20%? 50%? Who can say on any given day?
Treat this lake like an infinte expanse of water - there's no land to speak of apart from the pontoons.

Originally Posted by Fat Darkamber8828
I only just realized Athenodoros ditched my battle. >_>

3v3 Singles
DQ Time: 3 Days
2 Recoveries, 5 Chills
Arena: Island
I forfeit choosing the arena in favor of choosing actions second on the first turn, because I suck at making them.
I accept

Switch = KO
All Abilities
No Items
Arena: Sky Platforms
There are four 20x20 platforms with a 6 foot gap in between each platform. If you fall off you will take 10 damage, then are placed back on a platform that your opponent isn't on.
bump

Yeah, HD, I'm posting from my Evo and it really loves to autocorrect any and all acronyms to screw with me. Sorry about that.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Tag Battle, Dracoyoshi8 and HD
1v1 (Each trainer uses one Pokemon)
5 chills, 2 recovers

Arena: The canopy of a rainforest. A large platform suspended by four ropes tied to the trunks of trees has been placed for Pokemon who can maneuver as well through the trees. Pokemon who are apt at climbing are free the use the treetops during battle. Being a rainforest, rain is a common occurrence. Also, wild Pokemon from the forest may appear if they are disturbed.

If you are accepting this challenge, both you and your partner need to post saying you are working together.
i confirm being draco's partner
Cartoons! and I will take you and HD on, yoshi.

Is

One Ability
Items Disabled
Switch = KO

Ok with you?
Confirming that I am partnering with Wikey.
Gonna take this challenge. Send me your 2 Pokemon and abilities, please.

Challenging Dracoyoshi8
2v2 Singles
DQ Tine: 3 days
2 Recoveries/0 chills
Arena: Torii at Point Frost

20 miles from Mt. Sliver, Mt. Frost is located deep in the north, the 3rd highest mountain in the mountain range just between Jhoto and Kanto. This arena is at the peak of this mountain; with an oddly clear forecast. There is a large Torii (Shinto shrine) in the center. There is no vegetation. The peak is very large, but gradually slopes downward. The Torii is dedicated to an Articuno, whom has a 5% chance of appearing each round. Articuno will do all it can to remove the contestants from the sacred arena. The solid ice on the top has limited mobility and cannot be dug through. Water is not present here. Because of the thin atmosphere, contestants will have a hard time chilliing.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Oh dear...

I'm in 3 battles. TIK, Mewtwo15026 and Acklow.

Sorry, I'll keep you in mind when I get a spot!

Oh, I checked ur registration thingy and it said you had two. Oops. :P
I'll update the challenge soon to where its someone else.

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
Challenging Dracoyoshi8
2v2 Singles
DQ Tine: 3 days
2 Recoveries/0 chills
Arena: Torii at Point Frost

20 miles from Mt. Sliver, Mt. Frost is located deep in the north, the 3rd highest mountain in the mountain range just between Jhoto and Kanto. This arena is at the peak of this mountain; with an oddly clear forecast. There is a large Torii (Shinto shrine) in the center. There is no vegetation. The peak is very large, but gradually slopes downward. The Torii is dedicated to an Articuno, whom has a 5% chance of appearing each round. Articuno will do all it can to remove the contestants from the sacred arena. The solid ice on the top has limited mobility and cannot be dug through. Water is not present here. Because of the thin atmosphere, contestants will have a hard time chilliing.
I ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE
PISTOLS AT DAWN

Switch=KO
Items disabled
all abilities

I want to try battling with water!

2v2 single battle
DQ: 3 days
1 Recovery move/5 chills max

Arena: Lazy Hazy Lake
This lake is a peaceful place with a soothing atmosphere. The warm waters and humid conditions make it a perfect place for Water-type Pokémon to relax. There always seems to be a mysterious mist hanging low over the lake, adding to that relaxing feel. Pontoons have been set up on the water to make the place battle-worthy, but there's a problem. There are also wild Water-type Pokémon relaxing here, floating gently in the water. Because of the low-lying haze, it's impossible to tell which pontoon-like things are actual pontoons, and which are wild Pokémon. Any wild Pokémon disturbed in any way will get mad, and attack the offender harshly to see how they like being disturbed.
How many of the "pontoons" are actually wild Pokémon, you ask? Oh, it varies. 20%? 50%? Who can say on any given day?
Treat this lake like an infinte expanse of water - there's no land to speak of apart from the pontoons.
I'll do this.

You know something, Finn Ragetti? I'm feeling ballsy. BRING IT ON!

Switch = Irrelevant, it's Rotation...
All Abilities
No Items.
Actions = Visible, so that we can use it as an example for others.

YEAAAAA!!!! ALL RIGHT!!!

Needs reffing for our Rotation battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)