Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Open battle Request:

2v2 single battle
DQ: 3 days
Switch = KO
One ability
2 rest/5 chill restriction

Arena: Beach
The beach is situated in warm climates with gentle lapping waves and soft sand while in its natural state. There's no trees or any sort of vegetation in the area including underwater. The area is particularly suited to rainy and sandstorm conditions.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Doubles
4vs4
DQ: 3 Days
2 Recover / 5 Chills

Arena: Viridian Forest
Viridian Forest is a deep and sprawling woodland expanding across Route 2 reaching to Pewter City in the north and to Viridian City in the south, giving the forest its name. The trees in this area have grown so dense that light has trouble getting through, and because of this the forest seems dark and gloomy. The path across to each terminus winds its way around the dense layers of trees, creating a giant labyrinth many liken to a natural maze, as many people get lost inside. The entrance to the forest seems to be light and airy: the trees are not as thick and sunlight is able to get in fine. The trees stand tall and the grass appears to be long and unmaintained, while trees in the distance appear to be shadowed.

Arena Effects: No sources of water. Dig/Earthquake OK. Grass to hide in and trees to hide behind.
Switch=KO
No items
One ability
I'll ref Wikey v Rediamond. Please send me your teams.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Open battle Request:

2v2 single battle
Switch = KO
One ability
2 rest/5 chill restriction

Arena: Beach
The beach is situated in warm climates with gentle lapping waves and soft sand while in its natural state. There's no trees or any sort of vegetation in the area including underwater. The area is particularly suited to rainy and sandstorm conditions.

accepting
no items
switch=ko
one ability
I can ref this if it's not taken already (gladly, it's a simple arena). PM your teams (up to 3 Pokemon) please if you're okay with me. Thanks!

okay then, imma look for an opponent for my first battle

Singles
3v3
DQ time = 2 days
basic restrictions

Arena : Blimp
An advertising blimp with some pokemon advertisement painted on it. About 15 meters long and 5 meters wide and is rugby ball shaped. The fight will commence on top of the blimp. Wind speed may change at moment's notice, and the surface of the blimp is both curved and bouncy. Pokemon who have lost balance may get a second chance by hanging on to the gondola under the blimp. Don't freak out the pilot, though. Flying pokemon has definite advantage, of course.
bump...
why are all battles taken when I'm online?

Challenging Dracoyoshi8
2v2 Singles
DQ Tine: 3 days
2 Recoveries/0 chills
Arena: Torii at Point Frost

20 miles from Mt. Sliver, Mt. Frost is located deep in the north, the 3rd highest mountain in the mountain range just between Jhoto and Kanto. This arena is at the peak of this mountain; with an oddly clear forecast. There is a large Torii (Shinto shrine) in the center. There is no vegetation. The peak is very large, but gradually slopes downward. The Torii is dedicated to an Articuno, whom has a 5% chance of appearing each round. Articuno will do all it can to remove the contestants from the sacred arena. The solid ice on the top has limited mobility and cannot be dug through. Water is not present here. Because of the thin atmosphere, contestants will have a hard time chilliing.
Need a ref for this or it will expire within a day.

I guess I'm pretty desperate for a battle, so...

OPEN BATTLE

2v2 Singles
DQ: 2 days
0 Recoveries, 5 Chills

Arena: Great Canyon

A narrow part of the Great Canyon. Huge, almost vertical cliffs rise up on both sides, and the jagged rock is very difficult to climb for most Pokemon. It is impossible to access the top of the gorge. The two sides of the canyon are about 10 feet apart, and occasional trees jut out from ledges in the canyon walls. The entire arena is naturally carved out of solid stone, making digging impossible. This place experiences occasional strong winds which knock flying Pokemon out of the air and blow things around a bit.

I guess I'm pretty desperate for a battle, so...

OPEN BATTLE

2v2 Singles
DQ: 2 days
0 Recoveries, 5 Chills

Arena: Great Canyon

A narrow part of the Great Canyon. Huge, almost vertical cliffs rise up on both sides, and the jagged rock is very difficult to climb for most Pokemon. It is impossible to access the top of the gorge. The two sides of the canyon are about 10 feet apart, and occasional trees jut out from ledges in the canyon walls. The entire arena is naturally carved out of solid stone, making digging impossible. This place experiences occasional strong winds which knock flying Pokemon out of the air and blow things around a bit.
Accepting Energy Storm's open request.

Switch=KO
No items
One ability
Reffing you two, PM me your squads

First battle, hope I do this right!

3v3 Singles
0 Reoveries, 5 Chills
No OHKO moves (Sheer Cold, Horn Drill, etc.)

Arena: Oasis

An oasis in the middle of the desert. There are a few rocks and trees for shade, and a shallow pool of water, shallow enough to prevent Diving. Since it is the desert, it will never Rain or Hail; instead, the weather alters between blistering sunlight (Sunny Day) and flying sand (Sandstorm). On occasion, however, the weather stops briefly, allowing for a clear view of the battlefield.

tl;dr: No diving; at end of each round, 35% chance of Sun (if not already sunny), 35% chance of Sandstorm (if not in effect already), 35% chance of clearing current weather, if any.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
First battle, hope I do this right!

3v3 Singles
0 Reoveries, 5 Chills
No OHKO moves (Sheer Cold, Horn Drill, etc.)

Arena: Oasis

An oasis in the middle of the desert. There are a few rocks and trees for shade, and a shallow pool of water, shallow enough to prevent Diving. Since it is the desert, it will never Rain or Hail; instead, the weather alters between blistering sunlight (Sunny Day) and flying sand (Sandstorm). On occasion, however, the weather stops briefly, allowing for a clear view of the battlefield.

tl;dr: No diving; at end of each round, 35% chance of Sun (if not already sunny), 35% chance of Sandstorm (if not in effect already), 35% chance of clearing current weather, if any.
I accept Galladiator!
Switch=KO
No Items
All Abilities
I'll try this. PM teams etc.

EDIT: Galladiator, you know OHKO moves are terrible in ASB? They have a base power of 25 but an accuracy of 30% and an energy cost of 16. They don't really need to be banned.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Looking for a 3v3 Singles match once I get my new Pokemon in the Prize thread...

3v3 Singles
3 Day DQ Time
Max 2 Recovery moves & 5 Chills per Pokemon

Arena: Port Town

Based on the Super Smash Bros Brawl arena on the same name, which itself, was inspired by a F-Zero racetrack. The arena itself is a floating platform that is rather narrow: Registering at a measly 3 metres wide (~10 feet for the Americans) & 10 metres long (~33'4" for the Americans). The surface is effectively metal/glass, so the surface isn't diggable. On odd number rounds, this platform is on the ground/racetrack leaving the Pokemon vulnerable to the stage's hazard, which I'll go into later, while on even numbered rounds, this platform is not on the ground & is moving to another part of the racetrack, hazards don't take effect on these rounds, & an invisible barrier is active so Pokemon don't fall off the platform.
F-Zero Cars.
What they do: Like the stage on Super Smash Bros Brawl, there will be F-Zero cars active on the stage. If they hit your Pokemon, your Pokemon will take a flat 20 damage (30 if the Pokemon either chooses to chill or has lees than 30 energy) & their action for that particular action will not take effect. The only way to avoid this is to use a command on the exact action this happens called "Avoid the oncoming traffic!" If you do make the command & the cars don't come, your Pokemon does nothing for that action. To make things harder, you cannot sub/add "Avoid the oncoming traffic!" if the F-Zero Cars come if the F-Zero Cars come, just to make things a bit harder & more of a lottery. It just so happens that when you start your battle, the F-Zero Cars start their race, where the arena starts stationary just after the starting line with the cars on the other side of the line...

When will they appear: This hazard only takes effect on odd-numbered rounds by chance, however, they are guaranteed to appear on the first round.
On the first Round: The referee rolls a number between 1 & 3 using a Random Number Generator. The number that appears will correspond to the action number on that round that they take effect.
On odd-numbered rounds from Round 3 onwards: Referee rolls a number between 1 & 5 using RNG. If a 1 comes up, the F-Zero cars take effect. This will only take effect once per round. On Round 11, 21 & 31, the RNG roll maximum reduces by 1, eventually resulting in a 1 in 2 chance of said cars appearing in a round, due to the fact that as a race wears on, the field typically branches out.
On even-numbered rounds: These cars will not appear at all.

Sorry for the long explanation (The hazard in particular), but it's all relevant. All in all, this is a simple arena with a complex hazard. Prediction & Luck with the hazard is critical to victory here.

Anyone wish to battle?

Looking for a 3v3 Singles match once I get my new Pokemon in the Prize thread...

3v3 Singles
3 Day DQ Time
Max 2 Recovery moves & 5 Chills per Pokemon

Arena: Port Town

Based on the Super Smash Bros Brawl arena on the same name, which itself, was inspired by a F-Zero racetrack. The arena itself is a floating platform that is rather narrow: Registering at a measly 3 metres wide (~10 feet for the Americans) & 10 metres long (~33'4" for the Americans). The surface is effectively metal/glass, so the surface isn't diggable. On odd number rounds, this platform is on the ground/racetrack leaving the Pokemon vulnerable to the stage's hazard, which I'll go into later, while on even numbered rounds, this platform is not on the ground & is moving to another part of the racetrack, hazards don't take effect on these rounds, & an invisible barrier is active so Pokemon don't fall off the platform.
F-Zero Cars.
What they do: Like the stage on Super Smash Bros Brawl, there will be F-Zero cars active on the stage. If they hit your Pokemon, your Pokemon will take a flat 20 damage (30 if the Pokemon either chooses to chill or has lees than 30 energy) & their action for that particular action will not take effect. The only way to avoid this is to use a command on the exact action this happens called "Avoid the oncoming traffic!" If you do make the command & the cars don't come, your Pokemon does nothing for that action. To make things harder, you cannot sub/add "Avoid the oncoming traffic!" if the F-Zero Cars come if the F-Zero Cars come, just to make things a bit harder & more of a lottery. It just so happens that when you start your battle, the F-Zero Cars start their race, where the arena starts stationary just after the starting line with the cars on the other side of the line...

When will they appear: This hazard only takes effect on odd-numbered rounds by chance, however, they are guaranteed to appear on the first round.
On the first Round: The referee rolls a number between 1 & 3 using a Random Number Generator. The number that appears will correspond to the action number on that round that they take effect.
On odd-numbered rounds from Round 3 onwards: Referee rolls a number between 1 & 5 using RNG. If a 1 comes up, the F-Zero cars take effect. This will only take effect once per round. On Round 11, 21 & 31, the RNG roll maximum reduces by 1, eventually resulting in a 1 in 2 chance of said cars appearing in a round, due to the fact that as a race wears on, the field typically branches out.
On even-numbered rounds: These cars will not appear at all.

Sorry for the long explanation (The hazard in particular), but it's all relevant. All in all, this is a simple arena with a complex hazard. Prediction & Luck with the hazard is critical to victory here.

Anyone wish to battle?
accepting

switch = OK
no items
all abilities

Let's experiment with a new concept for battling (introduced in 5th gen)

3v3 Triple Rotation Battle:

Land: A plain field with 2 turn tables on each side. All 3 pokemon you and I shall use are set on the wheel. In game, you have the option of rotating the pokemon before you attack, so we shall do this:
-We can rotate only during the beginning of the round (before pokemon actions)
-You can decide whether actions are to be private or not, since we'd basically counter each pokemon with one of our own. It's up to you. (This is to be included in your option choice).
-At the end of the round, our pokemon returns to the turn table.

Example turn:
"Ok Bulbasaur, take a rest. Charmander go use Fire Blast, Dragon Claw, and Dig on the foe's next pokemon"
"In that case, Squirtle, get back out there and use Hydro Pump, Skull Bash, and Surf"

3 day DQ
2 uses of recovery. No chills for attacking pokemon. Pokemon not used get 1 chill during the round.
You know something, Finn Ragetti? I'm feeling ballsy. BRING IT ON!

Switch = Irrelevant, it's Rotation...
All Abilities
No Items.
Actions = Visible, so that we can use it as an example for others.
We still need a ref for this!

Looking for a battle to fill my last slot.

Singles
3vs3
2 day DQ
2 Recover / 5 Chills

Arena: Mt. Moon
Inside a cave in Mt. Moon. It's dim, but light from the moon beams in through a hole in the ceiling. The hole is on the West side of the room and a group of Clefairy dance in the moonlight. At the end of even numbered rounds one of the Clefairy will use Metronome on one of the battlers. If a Pokémon uses Earthquake there is a 40% chance of a stalactite falling from the ceiling and hitting them.

Restrictions: No water. No Dig.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Singles
2vs2
3 day DQ
2 Recover / 5 Chills

Arena: Football field.
A standard football field, and if ay arguments come up, just use the NY Jets' stadium.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Issuing a challenge to Wyverii!

2v2
Doubles
2 day DQ
0 Rest/Recover / 5 chills

Arena: A lake

A beautiful lake, with serene waters. There are several wide leaves scattered here and there, which can take the weight of 1 Pokemon at a time. The sky is a bright blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)