5th Gen OU Analysis Index - 89 BW2 Revamps On Site!

Victini and Sigilyph's (Shinboraa) threads went inactive, As such, they are now up for grabs.
I'm not positive that this is the place to ask this, but it seems rather appropriate (and I feel as though I would get a reply rather promptly)...

How long must a reservation maker be inactive in order for their reserved Pokémon to become free game?

I have been eyeballing choochoo's reservation of Dugtrio. choochoo has not been online since January 31st (almost a month now), has only one sole post (which I believe is the reservation post), and I am unable to locate a thread for Dugtrio in the OU Analyses.

I, personally, would love to take over Dugtrio if given the opportunity, as it is a mildly simple analysis to write (due to the fact that Dugtrio doesn't really have "counters", is easy to EV, and it's fun to play with online), and I think it would be a great start for my experience with analyses before I tackle UU, where I really belong.

-Zane

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
AccidentalGreed (Feb 25th, 2011 10:53:16 AM):Hey Windsong, are you still working on Heracross? Sorry for the sudden notice, but er...I really want to work on Heracross and there's no sign of the skeleton being worked on. I figured since it's such a boss Pokemon and all! If not, I'll be happy to help you on the analysis.

Windsong (Feb 26th, 2011 11:27:48 AM):
Ah, sorry, I've had a ton going on lately irl. I'm sorry about preventing you from working on heracross till now; you can take it.

AccidentalGreed (Feb 27th, 2011
11:16:19 PM):
Yay, thanks!

Heracross belongs to me now. It is currently a skeleton, but that'll change soon.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm not positive that this is the place to ask this, but it seems rather appropriate (and I feel as though I would get a reply rather promptly)...

How long must a reservation maker be inactive in order for their reserved Pokémon to become free game?

I have been eyeballing choochoo's reservation of Dugtrio. choochoo has not been online since January 31st (almost a month now), has only one sole post (which I believe is the reservation post), and I am unable to locate a thread for Dugtrio in the OU Analyses.

I, personally, would love to take over Dugtrio if given the opportunity, as it is a mildly simple analysis to write (due to the fact that Dugtrio doesn't really have "counters", is easy to EV, and it's fun to play with online), and I think it would be a great start for my experience with analyses before I tackle UU, where I really belong.

-Zane
Sorry I haven't been able to reply to this yet.

There is currently no policy in place for removing the analyses of inactive members. Generally a C&C moderator can do it if they feel that the analysis has been inactive for far too long, or else the user in question can PM the C&C mod to ask if they can take over.

I'm hoping to try to sort out which analyses are and aren't active sometime this week (I've been putting it off for quite a while now). Hopefully then every analysis will have an active owner.

If you want to take over Dugtrio, the instructions for doing so are in the OP. PM the user in question, and if they don't reply within a week, PM a C&C moderator.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm hoping to try to sort out which analyses are and aren't active sometime this week (I've been putting it off for quite a while now). Hopefully then every analysis will have an active owner.
If Breloom is judged to be inactive once this week ends, I'll take over it.

Sorry I haven't been able to reply to this yet.

There is currently no policy in place for removing the analyses of inactive members. Generally a C&C moderator can do it if they feel that the analysis has been inactive for far too long, or else the user in question can PM the C&C mod to ask if they can take over.

If you want to take over Dugtrio, the instructions for doing so are in the OP. PM the user in question, and if they don't reply within a week, PM a C&C moderator.
Roger that! I PM'd choochoo yesterday. Now I've got to just wait it out. ...The fun part. Bahaha. I think it's permissible to assume that choochoo will likely not fulfill his or her duties. As such, I think I'll start play testing with Dugtrio a little bit. See how it fares in today's OU metagame.

-Zane

P.S. The wait wasn't long, so no worries. I mean, I didn't quite expect a prompt answer, considering I posted the question late last night.

I'd like to reserve Simisoak if it's free. That monkey is too cool to be ignored, and I can't imagine it'd be a long analysis.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
All right, I'm currently trying to work out who is keeping hold of their analyses and who isn't. As the more observant among you have realised, I have PMed every member who currently holds an analysis reservation, and hopefully by the end of the week we will have sorted out which analyses are eligible for reservation.

The following list will be edited whenever a new analysis is eligible for reservation.

Code:
Nidoqueen
Krookodile
Venomoth
Salamence
Kyurem
Heatran
If you haven't received a PM, this was most likely an oversight on my part, so please do PM me anyway to state whether or not you wish to keep your analyses.

Guard thyselves from pusillanimity; cloak thyselves in knowledge.

EDIT: Also, thanks to zdrup15 for compiling an initial list, helping clear out inactive analyses in general, and also pushing me to do this at last...

The whole point I tried to get across in my reply to you was that I don't think Smeargle was worth an analysis. Not that I couldn't do it, in fact I said I would happily continue it if necessary. I'll post in the What Aren't We Writing About thread.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
The whole point I tried to get across in my reply to you was that I don't think Smeargle was worth an analysis. Not that I couldn't do it, in fact I said I would happily continue it if necessary. I'll post in the What Aren't We Writing About thread.
Whoops, sorry, guess I misread your reply.

Okay, Smeargle isn't up for reservation then, at least not until QC has had a chance to evaluate it.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
RAMPANT DOUBLE POSTING

Yeah sorry guys but a few very important announcements to be made:

1. English names for all moves, items, abilities, and Pokemon are now released. Please update your analyses accordingly ASAP.

2. Big format changes must be made to ALL analyses.

Here's a quick summary of changes:

Rising Dusk said:
Team Options is being removed

This section of the analysis is largely redundant and a waste of space in the current iteration of analyses. Removing it will help reduce a lot of extraneous work done and ultimately improve the concision and focus of our work.

Optional Changes is being renamed Other Options

It used to be called this, and it now will be called it again. Ultimately, because of the content of this section, it's not a list of changes, it's literally a list of other options that a Pokemon can use. This will not require changing of the content of the section, just changing of the name.

Counters is being renamed Checks and Counters

We've always listed checks in this section, now we're just naming it appropriately. There's really not much else to say here!

The section order is now: Other Options > Checks and Counters

This is more a clarification than anything. With this said, there's no ambiguity as to where everything goes.
Yeah. Please apply all these changes as soon as possible. Hopefully this will mean an easier time for readers, writers, and grammar checkers alike.

Sorry to all of you who spent time and effort on your Team Options, but it can't be helped.

IMPORTANT CLARIFICATION NOTE 1: We are ONLY removing the [Team Options] section at the bottom of the analysis, NOT the Teammates in the Additional Comments.

IMPORTANT CLARIFICATION NOTE 2: Yes, this applies to analyses that are marked as "Finished" as well. Please update accordingly.

Updated my OU Tangrowth analysis to Copyediting now it has 3 QC approvals (and I think made the correct format updates). Also, is there anywhere in particular we can see the real English names, as I can't seem to find a link and have seen several translations of a few things (and frankly I don't trust Serebii one bit)?

I'm also curious as to any details of why the Team Options section was considered a waste of space? If this is the wrong place to ask or if this is explained elsewhere then I apologise, just wondering about the reasoning behind it.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ah, I see. Does (Copyediting) analyses require a redo of the GP Checks? I can simply remove the Team Options and be done with it.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Updated my OU Tangrowth analysis to Copyediting now it has 3 QC approvals (and I think made the correct format updates). Also, is there anywhere in particular we can see the real English names, as I can't seem to find a link and have seen several translations of a few things (and frankly I don't trust Serebii one bit)?

I'm also curious as to any details of why the Team Options section was considered a waste of space? If this is the wrong place to ask or if this is explained elsewhere then I apologise, just wondering about the reasoning behind it.
i use pokemondb its pretty reliable

reasoning behind the changes can be found here

Ah, I see. Does (Copyediting) analyses require a redo of the GP Checks? I can simply remove the Team Options and be done with it.
just remove team options and rename two sections and be done with it

no need to redo qc or gp

Reserving Venemoth.
Also can I please reserve Miltank for UU?
what uu?

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well, there's an index for pokes that aren't eligible for OU. I'm assuming they're up for grabs right? I reaaaaaaallllly want Miltank <3

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
"What fatecrashers said"

Also:

Well, there's an index for pokes that aren't eligible for OU. I'm assuming they're up for grabs right? I reaaaaaaallllly want Miltank <3
You didn't read the bit directly under that which said: "Analyses here are not eligible for reservation at this time."

Or the bit above it which said: "If the analysis is not on this [OU] list, please don't reserve it."

Or the bit at the top which said: "We are ONLY writing/reserving analyses for competitive Pokemon at this time - specifically, those listed below under 'Current Analyses'. As much as you may want to reserve a Delcatty analysis, it really is a waste of everybody's time, not just yours."

Please please please read the thread before reserving stuff, it's great that you want to contribute to Smogon, but make sure what you're doing is helpful first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)