Issue #14 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
nobody can ever take the crown of best firebot poster from me

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Awesome job on the latest Smog release, and good articles.

Awesome job, one of my favorite issues yet.

One thing that really stood out to me though in the ground analysis though:

"[Landorus]'s 89/80/80 defenses top it off, allowing it to take a hit or two....... [Golurk]'s 89/80/80 defenses leave something to be desired however"

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Consider the two roles.

Landorus is a fast sweeper, and only needs to take one hit tops while setting up to blow stuff up. It doesn't need to rely on its defenses to do damage, they just help it somewhat. (plus it's 90 Defense, not 80 Defense)

Golurk is a slow hard hitter, so it doesn't have much traction outside of being a bulky attacker. It would be a great defensive Pokemon with a unique typing were it not for its subpar defenses, which really let it down a lot in its role.

Make more sense now?

Good job on this article, guys.

I especially liked the artworks for Reshiram and Excadrill outspeeding Jolteon.

The Reuniclus, Reshiram and Entertainment section articles were my favorite articles this issue.

This is the first Smog I've fully read, and I must say I'm very impressed and now I have thirteen others to read.

One thing that really stood out to me though in the ground analysis though:

"[Landorus]'s 89/80/80 defenses top it off, allowing it to take a hit or two....... [Golurk]'s 89/80/80 defenses leave something to be desired however"
I believe it's because Landorus is very bulky for a fast mixed sweeper, but Golurk doesn't have the special attack or speed to make up for its defenses not being the best.

What can I say? It was fantastic, as always. I always look forward to the next edition of the Smog. Way to go especially to the artists for this issue. All the art, ESPECIALLY the cover art was fantastic.

The article about traveling to Kansai is so relevant and random.
I'm traveling to Kansai in two weeks.
I had previously went back in September and I am now realizing that yes, Kansai = Johto. O_O

Thanks guys :D

This is one of my favourite issues of The Smog, read it cover to cover and found ti really interesting. Also, the front illustration, strong play.

Being a Pokemon player since R/B, the OU Veterans article was especially pleasant to read.

Keep doing this great work!

loved the nostalgia from the OU veterans article. Those are 3 of my all time favorite pokes (zapdos remains and will always be a huge asshole, lol)

Great issue!

This was the first time I read Smog and I got hooked so I've been reading back issues for hours.

You guys did really great job making it! ^^

Thank god for that warstory article. Some of the more recent ones are painful to read at times.

...though I was kinda hoping to see my name thrown in there more than once. Oh well, considering how often I post it doesn't surprise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)