In-Game Tier List Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
tldr, Zen Mode or whatever it's called sucks ingame as hard as it does in competitive battling for all the aforementioned reasons. If you want a bulky fire that can go mixed and use Flame Charge, there's Ganonpork/Tepig Evo.

2 days to go in the UK!

I think I have settled on:

Oshawott - Knew as soon as I saw the starters it was gonna be him.

Pansear - Used to have Darmanitan here but wanted a more even physical/special split. Also kinda love him, his availability and movepool (I have a thing for the move crunch).

Blitzle - I know he is a pile of suck movepool wise but design wise he is one of my favourite fifth gens, I just couldn't not use him.

Timburr - Easy to use fighting type with a massive attack stat and great coverage? Sounds great.

Sandile - A fortunate combination of loving the design AND him being great in game mean I am super looking forward to picking this guy up.

Deino - Dark/Dragon typing is just so ridiculously cool to me. Love that it's the first pseudo-legendary dragon that's specially based. dragon pulse ftw. Also I love to grind.

So, so excited.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Except even then you're still slow as ass, and you have to make some sort of funky mixed set where at least half of your offensive moves are always useless.
No, I wasn't talking about the ability. Sheer Force Darmanitan can't boost its Speed because the ability negates it, but Zen Mode, red, angry Darmanitan with 145 Base Attack can.

BTW there's nothing to see here guys

I'm thinking of doing a 'NU' playthrouhg. Gonna try these mons:

Watchog
Monkey
Audino
Swoobat
Musharna
Scolipede
Basculin
Maractus
Garbodor
Vanilluxe
Emolga
Beheeyem
Stunkfish.

Nope, no starters.
Team I'm thinking of right now:
Emolga
Scolipede
Basculin
Watchog
Vanilluxe
Musharna

Has anyone used these mons, and what do you think about them?

2 days to go in the UK!

I think I have settled on:

Oshawott - Knew as soon as I saw the starters it was gonna be him.

Pansear - Used to have Darmanitan here but wanted a more even physical/special split. Also kinda love him, his availability and movepool (I have a thing for the move crunch).

Blitzle - I know he is a pile of suck movepool wise but design wise he is one of my favourite fifth gens, I just couldn't not use him.

Timburr - Easy to use fighting type with a massive attack stat and great coverage? Sounds great.

Sandile - A fortunate combination of loving the design AND him being great in game mean I am super looking forward to picking this guy up.

Deino - Dark/Dragon typing is just so ridiculously cool to me. Love that it's the first pseudo-legendary dragon that's specially based. dragon pulse ftw. Also I love to grind.

So, so excited.
FUCK YEAH FOR LIVING IN THE UK! *hi-five*

I did a Black run with a Pokémon of every type (without getting multiple types) that had the lowest BSTs. So you could say I did a NU run of some sort.

I used Watchog, Klinklang, Liepard, Swoobat, Basculin, Crustle, Sawk, Maractus, Cofagrigus, Darmanitan, Garbodor, Cryogonal, Stunfisk and Druddigon.

With the Lucky Egg and that new exp rate, raising was a breeze. Although Cryogonal did take a while to find, and it kinda sucks on the Defensive side..
But I would do it again with other NUs, since this was kinda challenging.

Loving the UK represent.

I just can't decide between using Pansear and Victini as my fire type. I have always thought using legendaries in game somehow cheapens the experience; but something about the way you catch victini at level 15 and darmanitan and chanderlure's superiority tell me that I shouldn't feel bad about using it if i want to. What do you guys think on the matter? Do you ever censor your choice of pokemon for a purer experience?

With the Lucky Egg and that new exp rate, raising was a breeze. Although Cryogonal did take a while to find, and it kinda sucks on the Defensive side..
But I would do it again with other NUs, since this was kinda challenging.
What do you mean by new exp rate?

Loving the UK represent.

I just can't decide between using Pansear and Victini as my fire type. I have always thought using legendaries in game somehow cheapens the experience; but something about the way you catch victini at level 15 and darmanitan and chanderlure's superiority tell me that I shouldn't feel bad about using it if i want to. What do you guys think on the matter? Do you ever censor your choice of pokemon for a purer experience?

What do you mean by new exp rate?
I literally only use pokes I like.
And there's new experience gain mechanics.
Get used to seeing "X gained 1 exp point!" and
"x gained 13567 exp points!". Lower level foes = terrible exp.
Stronger foes = craploads of exp. Audino = Rare Candy exp.

So in the beginning it's gunna be a pain in the ass to level up basically?
And grinding is gunna be hard from a low level?
What's the highest level wild encounter poke in the game?

Audino in Giant Hole = HAX

Also yeah I really should try out Watchog. His movepool looks sweet to me, especially when he can do Fighting/Dark coverage early with Rock Smash and Crunch. With Hypnosis, Confuse Ray and Super Fang, as well as After You for support in doubles, he seems to be a really great supporter.

(also lolwut Detect at LV 11, are they kidding?!)

IMHO Archen (Aaken) should be top tier - When you get it, it's roughly the same level as your pokemon, or slightly under, but even then it's a powerful pokemon in it's own right. However, as soon as you evolve it, it turns into a lightning fast killing machine OHKOing stuff like nobody's business, definitely a great pokemon.

Audino = hax
Giant Hole = L50-60 Pokemon
Killing a L50-60 Pokemon with a low-level Pokemon = OMFG
Killing a L50-60 Audino with a low-level Pokemon = I LOST THE GAME

(Screw the fact that GH is post-E4 >:D)
lol i still don't really understand! thanks for replying tho lol

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Experience gains now scale based on the relative levels of your Pokémon and the opponent, rather than a flat rate like before. Audino has a massively high base exp gain already. So killing it with a low level Pokémon will give you a metric fuckton of experience.

Team Ballin' outta control:

Pokemon #1
Serperior

Pokemon #2
Victini

Pokemon #3
Sigilyph

Pokemon #4
Stoutland

Pokemon #5
Vanilluxe

Pokemon #6
Throh

Experience gains now scale based on the relative levels of your Pokémon and the opponent, rather than a flat rate like before. Audino has a massively high base exp gain already. So killing it with a low level Pokémon will give you a metric fuckton of experience.
Well if experience weighs a pixel...
OH MY GOD THAT'S A LOT OF EXPERIENCE.
But why change it? Wouldn't it make the ingame more annoying because you'd be closer level to the Pokemon and probably higher levels?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I think the idea was to mitigate the strategy of just overleveling one Pokémon and plowing through the entire game with it, rewarding you for training up all your Pokémon and making a more balanced team instead.

I think the idea was to mitigate the strategy of just overleveling one Pokémon and plowing through the entire game with it, rewarding you for training up all your Pokémon and making a more balanced team instead.
Also, it makes catching up that much less painful if you decide to switch a team member later on in the game.

Oh I see. I guess it makes sense. I'm not complaining, I'm gunna be killing Audino's like there's no tomorrow if that's the case. And they're found in nearly every shaking spot right? (I don't know what to call them.)

Oh I see. I guess it makes sense. I'm not complaining, I'm gunna be killing Audino's like there's no tomorrow if that's the case. And they're found in nearly every shaking spot right? (I don't know what to call them.)
Yeah, Audino are found in almost every grass shaking spot, similar to how Magikarp is found in almost every body of water in older games. But, like Chansey, shaking spots don't really come up often (I don't know the chances of shaking spots happening).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)