In-Game Tier List Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO Archen (Aaken) should be top tier - When you get it, it's roughly the same level as your pokemon, or slightly under, but even then it's a powerful pokemon in it's own right. However, as soon as you evolve it, it turns into a lightning fast killing machine OHKOing stuff like nobody's business, definitely a great pokemon.
Its ability is a draw back though. I think its called 'Faint Hearted'? Anyway once Aaken or Archeops drops below half health their sweeping power is gone! Could be annoying if your doing a few battles on the trot without healing items, which I tend to do alot on single player.

I tossed a coin to choose my starter, If heads it would be Oshawott, Tails Snivy, and if it landed on its side Tepig lol. Anyway the coin chose Oshawott.

Also its only one more day till the UK release! Hooray!

Oh man, just four more days. With how easy in-game is, I exclusively use Pokémon I actually want to use, regardless of how good they are. The team I'm planning:

Peanut the Samurott - I always knew I wanted Oshawott as my starter when he was first revealed. Plus, I like Water type starters the most because you have a built in Surf-er from the start (even though it's not a big deal this time).

Prongs the Sawsbuck - This guy just looks like a boss. Plus, I like to have a FWG core on my in-game teams and he gets the epic Jump Kick to help out with coverage. Plus he looks like a boss.

Lumière the Chandelure - Completing my FWG core, I'll probably use Darmanitan until he shows up. I don't have much of a problem with grinding him up plus he looks so dang cool.

Bozo the Conkeldurr - My favorite Gen V Pokémon with a straight-up epic sprite. I like Fighting types in-game since they have pretty good neutral coverage with just STAB.

Seabiscuit the Zebstrika - When Blitzle was first announced I knew he would find a spot on my team. A bit disappointed to learn he won't be that useful, but Electric types are cool and he looks awesome both evolved and unevolved.

Last of all, I need a Fly-er and I was originally planning on Mandibuzz, but it looks like he doesn't show up until the very end. I love Carracosta but I guess I'll just have to trade for a Tortooga and settle for Archeops.

Roc the Archeops - Just needed a Flyer and he seems to be the coolest one who doesn't wait until the Elite Four to show up.

Super excited!

Great list.

My team will look something like this:

Glad to know that Oshawott is a top-tier Pokemon. I will keep him as a Dewott most likely, as the transition from a badass bipedal otter samurai (Dewott) to a quadrupedal, retarded looking seel (Samurott) just sucks.

Dude's coo as fuck. His battle cry is a goddamn electric guitar solo for shit's sake.

This thing looks tight as hell, but his ability turns me off. I don't understand how you have him tiered so highly. I'll still use him anyway; I'll be shitting potions left and right for giggles.

Fighting-types have always been my favorite, especially in-game. This dude gives 0 fucks, and being able to boost him up with Bulk Up while having Poison cures and shit is just going to be ez-moad. Plus fuck Conkeldurrp.

Gotta love pretty Grass-types. I always loved using Vileplume back in the day, and though this isn't a Poison-type, it's kinda close. I'll breed this mofo to get GrassWhistle to troolololololollolo the E4.

Lastly,

Yeah why the fuck not. Dude has flaming eyebrows.

This team is possible to get in both versions, is it not?

breh

強いだね
Yes, but it's easier to play in Black Version, where you get the ability to pick up a traded Petilil instead of an owned one, making levelling more ridiculously easy than it already is.

Great list.

My team will look something like this:

Glad to know that Oshawott is a top-tier Pokemon. I will keep him as a Dewott most likely, as the transition from a badass bipedal otter samurai (Dewott) to a quadrupedal, retarded looking seel (Samurott) just sucks.

Dude's coo as fuck. His battle cry is a goddamn electric guitar solo for shit's sake.

This thing looks tight as hell, but his ability turns me off. I don't understand how you have him tiered so highly. I'll still use him anyway; I'll be shitting potions left and right for giggles.

Fighting-types have always been my favorite, especially in-game. This dude gives 0 fucks, and being able to boost him up with Bulk Up while having Poison cures and shit is just going to be ez-moad. Plus fuck Conkeldurrp.

Gotta love pretty Grass-types. I always loved using Vileplume back in the day, and though this isn't a Poison-type, it's kinda close. I'll breed this mofo to get GrassWhistle to troolololololollolo the E4.

Lastly,

Yeah why the fuck not. Dude has flaming eyebrows.

Cool team, though Samurott is a Sea Lion and I think the pokedex mentions something about it fighting on its hind legs. Bulk Up + Rest (Castelia City) Scrafty is awesome, but sadly I don't think you can breed until after the E4, so no Grasswhistle Lilligant. Not sure why you'd want it when it gets Sleep Powder, though.

breh

強いだね
Since everybody has been posting teams:

I've been contesting whether I should essentially say "screw my favorites" and use the top tier pokes or whether I should use the ones I like. I've decided on the latter.

Going to be using:

Emboar (My favorite starter, the only one with dual STAB that can get past the monkey easily)
Leavanny (Evolution of my favorite 5th gen pokemon, swadloon, and elite four raper)
Rankurusu (EMBRYOMON)
Cofagrigus (Poor name aside, one of my more liked mons of this gen)
Swana (I dunno I like Ducklett I guess; I need a flyer as well and this guy (girl?) fits)
Vanilluxe (Two ice creams!... Still two ice creams!)

Considering my first play through was a total mess in terms of level balance (my starter was 20+ levels higher :/), I'm going to try to make a more balanced team this time around for my English version lol. I'm having trouble choosing my last two team members. So far I have:

Yeah, I know he's frail as shit. But he's also super cool, and last run was using Pokemon I thought would be good. It just wasn't as fun.

Scolipede. It will evolve alongside my starter (a bit earlier, even) and although it kind of sucks at the beginning, it gets some cool moves at a decent level (Poison Tail and Bug Bite before/at level 22). Rollie polie -> Scolopendra? fuck yes

Okay, I'm using this guy because he's got a great typing and he's so cool. Iggy.

He comes relatively late, but he's soo cool!! Plus boosting moves are nice, in game or not (especially when you can boost and then heal with a potion).

My final two slots come down to my starter + another Pokemon. I'm stuck between using Samurott + Sawsbuck or Serperior + Carracosta.

-OR-

I've used Carracosta before, and imo it's a complete boss. And I haven't started with Samurott yet. Despite his low speed, is his offensive capability really deserving of top tier?

I'd probably run Samurott along with some other special attacker. As for Serperior, I don't really care for it. I doubt it'd be as high as it is now if it weren't a starter.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Screw it I`m just going to use my favourites, those being

Emboar/ Samurott, Sawsbuck, Venipede, Leavanny, Archaeops, Stoutland in black because Reshiram is a boss.

And

Emboar/Samurott, Carracosta, Reuniclus, Dageki, Darmanitan, Excadrill in White.

Thoughts?

I cannot begin to understand why would anyone use top tiers ingame unless you're making a speedrun. Use pokes you like, for crying out loud. There's no ladder ingame. And everyone here needs moar snivy, that fucker's the cutest pokemon ever. <3

Well, I figured I should get my Black team out of the way:

Samurott - My starter. Not only is it a samurai otter/sea lion, it learns good moves. I don't care if Serperior/Smuglord outspeeds and causes pain with Leaf Blade/Leaf Storm/whatever, but Samurott can just Megahorn/Ice Beam it on the face.

Excadrill - Yes, almost everyone uses him in competitive battles. He can turn into a drill and learn good moves by level up, mainly Swords Dance, Earthquake and Rock Slide. EQ and Rock Slide provide good coverage already, leaving a slot or 2 open to HM moves.

Archeops - My flier (this slot will be filled in by Unfezant, but it'll be ditched when I evolve Archen). Yes, I'm aware its ability is terrible, but like Excadrill, it picks up good level up moves (like Rock Slide, Acrobatics and Dragon Claw).

Haxorus - I'm aware on how underrated this guy is. Haxorus is the reason why I'm not using this generation's pseudo-legend because I don't want to spend eternity grinding Zweilous into level 64.

Stuck between:

Scolipede - It's the tallest and heaviest Bug Pokemon, so why not? It also has a better movepool in comparison to its fellow Bug/Poison Pokemon.

Galvantula - 91% accurate Thunders and Infernape-level Speed are what caught my eye.

Volcarona - I'm aware of the grinding issues, but when Larvesta does evolve, then it's totally worth it. Quiver Dance-boosted attacks are bound to hurt almost anything.

(last slot is left open to Reshiram during the final battle against N)

Yes, but it's easier to play in Black Version, where you get the ability to pick up a traded Petilil instead of an owned one, making levelling more ridiculously easy than it already is.
I was thinking of getting White version for the forest :/. What are some major differences?
I mean I could look this stuff up I suppose, but you seem to know what you're talking about.
Cool team, though Samurott is a Sea Lion and I think the pokedex mentions something about it fighting on its hind legs. Bulk Up + Rest (Castelia City) Scrafty is awesome, but sadly I don't think you can breed until after the E4, so no Grasswhistle Lilligant. Not sure why you'd want it when it gets Sleep Powder, though.
Bulk Up+Rest Scrafty will rape in-game. Hard. And you're right, what the hell was I thinking wanting GrassWhistle? lolwut

Samurott:

Seal:

Sea Lion:

You're right in that he is a sea lion rather than a seal (my bad?). I just don't get why he went from an otter (an original idea in Pokemon, finally) to another Water-type seal-like creature. He should look like this:

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Use pokes you like, for crying out loud.
Yeah, I agree; I'm THIS close to not let my Gothorita evolve in my JP Black cart (not that I dislike Gothitelle, but just look at Gothorita). I'd do the same with my Litwick but lol Litwick sucks too much stat-wise...

Audino = hax
Giant Hole = L50-60 Pokemon
Killing a L50-60 Pokemon with a low-level Pokemon = OMFG
Killing a L50-60 Audino with a low-level Pokemon = I LOST THE GAME

(Screw the fact that GH is post-E4 >:D)
Steps for getting a lvl 100 Ratatta in ONE DAMN FIGHT:

1. Find a hack program
2. Hack an internationally traded Ratatta with quick attack at LEVEL 1
3. Give it the lucky Egg
4.Hack a level 100 poke, which learns False Swipe, and dies easily.
5. Hack the game to give a trainer a level 100 Blissey/Tabunne (both work, iirc)
6. Battle the trainer, leave it at 1HP, die, send in Ratatta and use Quick Attack for the kill. Experience formula is here:

a is equal to 1 if the fainted Pokémon is wild, and 1.5 if the fainted Pokémon is owned by a Trainer.
t is equal to 1 if the winning Pokémon's OT is its current owner, 1.5 if the Pokémon was gained in a domestic trade, and 1.7 if the Pokémon was gained in an international trade.
b is the base experience yield of the fainted Pokémon's species, listed here.
e is equal to 1.5 if the winning Pokémon is holding a Lucky Egg, and 1 otherwise.
L is the level of the fainted Pokémon.
In Generation V, Lp is the level of the victorious Pokémon.
s is the number of Pokémon that participated in the battle and have not fainted. If any Pokémon in the party is holding an Exp. Share, s is equal to 2, and for the rest of the Pokémon, s is equal to twice the number of Pokémon that participated instead.

So this gives you:

(((1.5×1.7×608×1.5×100)/5×1)×((100+2)/(1+2)))+1 =
(46512×34)+1=
Which is almost as much as the total EXP needed for pokes in the Fluctuating group to reach level 100, which is 1,640,000

Sorry if I'm going off topic.....

Well, with Black coming out in the UK TOMORROW (YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!! EXCITEMENT!), I figured I'd postify my team. Because I'm hardcore like that.

Personally, I love this guy, looks-wise, and Surf is ALWAYS welcome on my team. I also have a bad habit of starting with the water-type starter. I CAN'T HELP IT, DAMN IT!

Again, love the look, like the typing, and base 135 attack is positively obscene.

Moxie. A badass red crocodile who looks like he's wearing sunglasses. Crunch, Earthquake, Dragon Claw... Yeah, I dig this thing a lot.

I forget who it was who convinced me on Klinklang, but he does seem to decimate the second half of the game with Body Purge/Gear Grind/Charge Beam/Whatever the fourth move he suggested was, can't remember. And Klink is ADORABLE.

Gothitelle is my favourite new Pokémon. Cool design, Psychic type (one of my favourites), Black exclusive (I like exclusives...), and I really want to try out Psycho Shock.

Bambi jokes, mostly. And I like the shifting appearance thing. Pre-evo is adorable, and coverage with Jump Kick, Horn Leech, Return, etc. will be nice. I can't decide between Megahorn, Thunder Wave and Aromatherapy...

So, that's the team. Any suggestions for TMs, natures, etc? Or even replacements, I'm not picky. But I will be using stuff like Pansear and Lillipup to ease the early game until I can pick up some other team members.

I don't plan ahead for ingame teams, so all I know is that I'm using snivy and 5 other things that aren't as cool as snivy.

White delivered this morning! Yes!

This is why I always pre-order with GAME. I remember the launch Gamecube arrived 2 days early and the GC version of Twilight Princess came 3 days before launch!

My team is going to be

Serperior
Reuniclus
Archeops
Scrafty
Excadrill
Simipour

White delivered this morning! Yes!
Dagnabbit am I jealous of you, knew I should have pre-ordered. I'm gonna have to get up early tomorrow and walk in like a mook. Can't believe you got it today!

I remember when I went out to Game to get Pokemon Ranger (whichever was most recent), and the guy at the counter was all, "Have you considered our deck boxes for your pokemon trading cards?" Not being a TCGer I just embarrasedly (not a word, I know) muttered "No just the game thank you please," and promptly scampered out. Really helpful and thoughtful service though. To avoid the social pressure, I may just steal the damn thing tomorrow.

And to stay on topic: I'm defo starting with Osha, then Scrafty, Reuniclus, maybe Simisage if I can get him. I love his hair. Braviary, Chandelure. You may tell I'm planning on whiting it. And I agree with many of the previous posts, in-game it's all about getting the job done with your favourites.

(1000th post :D)

Braviary comes late in the game. There's no point in Simisage(unless you want the hair), Levanny pretty much outclasses him, and there's also stuff like Liligant which you DO get in the same forest >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)