5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

So we will be able to RNG for the full Pokémon with IV's, passed IV's, Nature,
Ability, Gender and Shinyness just like in Gen 4? :)

Is your Pokémon generated right when you talk to the Daycare man,
and does it still frezze the NPC's in place if you talk to him?
Yes and yes.
Shinyness, nature, ability, gender are separated from the IV's for everything this gen. Shiny is a bit harder to achieve this gen.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It doesn't? So the PID will still continue to advance while you're talking to him?
I don't think it's the PID frame that advances after you talk to him, it's the IVs. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken, but I remember when I was doing research that the PID frame wasn't moving.

Edit: Come to think of it, I don't know which one wasn't moving. But one of them stayed constant and that's how I was able to try the seeds I wanted. And no, it wasn't frozen.

Edit x2: I just remembered that PID and IVs came from the same one for eggs. I think that the NPCs kept moving, but the frame didn't advance. If not then I don't know what the hell I did.

Once you talk to the Daycare Man, the PID RNG stops advancing. Or at least the PID for your egg is set right when you talk to him. One of the two. Basically, you don't need to worry about the PID frame advancing while talking to the Daycare Man.

Is there a way to RNG abuse for desired ID/SID's? If so, could someone link me to the appropriate thread/post with the info please?

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Is there a way to RNG abuse for desired ID/SID's? If so, could someone link me to the appropriate thread/post with the info please?
For any RNGing on B\W (aside from C-Gear seeds), you need to know your DS parameters, and for that, you need to have progressed far enough in the game to catch a Pokemon and get its exact IVs to use with RNG Reporter's DS parameter search.

Or you can borrow someone else's game and find your DS parameters using that, assuming they've progressed far enough in the game.

Once you get those, yes we can RNG ID\SID.
Further instruction will be in a guide (eventually).

1. Am I correct that the IV check code screws up the non-c-gear seed? If yes, then I found my "not finding parameters" problem.

2. And what about the VCount and RWTimer code, they can be used, right?

Toast++

1. Am I correct that the IV check code screws up the non-c-gear seed? If yes, then I found my "not finding parameters" problem.

2. And what about the VCount and RWTimer code, they can be used, right?
Having an AR in messes up your seed. You have to catch something, save the game, then use the IV check code.

I think those codes are the ones that freeze on carts, although I'm not sure of that.

Am I right when there's no European or American Black or White option in the DS Parameters window? Just Japanese?

What is the purpose of the "Roaming Pokemon" checkbox on the capture tab of the new RNG reporter? Does it cause spreads to be generated specifically for the roamer, or does it mean that the roamer has been released but not yet caught?

What is the purpose of the "Roaming Pokemon" checkbox on the capture tab of the new RNG reporter? Does it cause spreads to be generated specifically for the roamer, or does it mean that the roamer has been released but not yet caught?
Roamer's IVs are generated in a slightly different order. The Roamers option accounts for that.

Using non CGear, has a pattern of nature change based on number of saves after entering the game but before the encounter been determined? I did a very simple test with Kobaruon where I repeatedly hit my seed and then saved 0,1,2,3... times until I got the desired nature, but I would like to extrapolate this to the roamers.

The problem I have with RNGing the roamers is that if I choose a spread that is between 20:00 and 04:00, then I can't encounter the roamer after I release it no matter how much I fly around, go in and out of buildings, etc. (obviously I don't want to save and then change the time!!) In fact, I even advanced the game by unlocking some of those eastern cities, let the game sit idle, etc., etc. for over 4 hours and still no luck. However, if I have my encounter at, say, 19:55, then as soon as it turns 20:00 I will quickly encounter it. This makes getting the right nature much more time consuming depending on how good a spread you want.

I would be happy to do some research in this area, but would prefer not to cover ground already covered by someone else.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Okay, so I found my ds parameters. I am using an old ds (not a ds lite), and an actual cartridge of Pokemon White. I found my parameters by soft-resetting at an exact time which was 2/17/2011 at 11:48:30. I then caught a Pokemon using sweet scent and verified its IVs by using rare candies I obtained through pickup, and vitamins I bought (it is possible to find your parameters without an ar, just takes a little while longer).

After I obtained my ds parameters, I did the process again to make sure I had the right ds parameters because I was not getting the results I wanted by breeding two Pokemon using the non c-gear method, and sure enough I got the same parameters which was a VCount of 5, RWTimer of C68, GxStat of 6, and VFrame of 8.

The problem for me is, when I tried to get the base IVs of 31/2/30/31/31/31. This is on Frame 53 and I have to soft-reset my game on 2/16/2011 at 20:10:18 with no KeyPress Combo to hold down until the Nintendo logo appears. So I did that and entered the game without the c-gear on. When I enter the game I have my character saved right in front of the PC so I can advance the frame to 53. For Breeding from the 1st post in this thread, I found out that the starting frame for bred Pokemon is 8. So I need to subtract 8 from 53 which is 45. Also the initial frame for non c-gear I found was 1 from the 1st post in this thread, and I need to add 1 so I get 45. That means I have to do 6 withdraws, or moves from my PC into my party. I then need to walk 128 steps with 3 Pokemon in my party inside the daycare center because wandering PCs don't advance the frame inside the daycare center, from what I read in this thread on an earlier page. Then I am positioned right about to walk out the door and collect my egg, and do so (pressing A really fast, to pick up the egg as fast as possible). The female has IVs of 31/8/31/31/31/13 holding an everstone, and the male has IVs of 31/0/31/31/22/31 holding a power belt (for def). So, after collecting the egg and hatching it, I should get IVs at worst of 31/0/31/31/22/13. What I got from the egg after narrowing down its IVs using rare candies and vitamins was IVs of 11/0/31/12/16/13 and had a modest nature. I got this result twice. So 3 IVs didn't come from the base IVs or from the parents. The IVs must be advancing or something weird. I wonder if there is still something I am doing wrong. I would try to catch a Pokemon in the wild with these IVs from resetting the game at this time, but the frame advances at approximately 120 frames per second while I am in a battle from what I read on the first page, so I would need a Frame Check code to check what frame I am on. Will things like this be explained in the new guide that replaces the old one on the first page?

Okay, so I found my ds parameters. I am using an old ds (not a ds lite), and an actual cartridge of Pokemon White. I found my parameters by soft-resetting at an exact time which was 2/17/2011 at 11:48:30. I then caught a Pokemon using sweet scent and verified its IVs by using rare candies I obtained through pickup, and vitamins I bought (it is possible to find your parameters without an ar, just takes a little while longer).

After I obtained my ds parameters, I did the process again to make sure I had the right ds parameters because I was not getting the results I wanted by breeding two Pokemon using the non c-gear method, and sure enough I got the same parameters which was a VCount of 5, RWTimer of C68, GxStat of 6, and VFrame of 8.

The problem for me is, when I tried to get the base IVs of 31/2/30/31/31/31. This is on Frame 53 and I have to soft-reset my game on 2/16/2011 at 20:10:18 with no KeyPress Combo to hold down until the Nintendo logo appears. So I did that and entered the game without the c-gear on. When I enter the game I have my character saved right in front of the PC so I can advance the frame to 53. For Breeding from the 1st post in this thread, I found out that the starting frame for bred Pokemon is 8. So I need to subtract 8 from 53 which is 45. Also the initial frame for non c-gear I found was 1 from the 1st post in this thread, and I need to add 1 so I get 45. That means I have to do 6 withdraws, or moves from my PC into my party. I then need to walk 128 steps with 3 Pokemon in my party inside the daycare center because wandering PCs don't advance the frame inside the daycare center, from what I read in this thread on an earlier page. Then I am positioned right about to walk out the door and collect my egg, and do so (pressing A really fast, to pick up the egg as fast as possible). The female has IVs of 31/8/31/31/31/13 holding an everstone, and the male has IVs of 31/0/31/31/22/31 holding a power belt (for def). So, after collecting the egg and hatching it, I should get IVs at worst of 31/0/31/31/22/13. What I got from the egg after narrowing down its IVs using rare candies and vitamins was IVs of 11/0/31/12/16/13 and had a modest nature. I got this result twice. So 3 IVs didn't come from the base IVs or from the parents. The IVs must be advancing or something weird. I wonder if there is still something I am doing wrong. I would try to catch a Pokemon in the wild with these IVs from resetting the game at this time, but the frame advances at approximately 120 frames per second while I am in a battle from what I read on the first page, so I would need a Frame Check code to check what frame I am on. Will things like this be explained in the new guide that replaces the old one on the first page?
I never used a power item when I breed. You might wanna try that out.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Using non CGear, has a pattern of nature change based on number of saves after entering the game but before the encounter been determined? I did a very simple test with Kobaruon where I repeatedly hit my seed and then saved 0,1,2,3... times until I got the desired nature, but I would like to extrapolate this to the roamers.

The problem I have with RNGing the roamers is that if I choose a spread that is between 20:00 and 04:00, then I can't encounter the roamer after I release it no matter how much I fly around, go in and out of buildings, etc. (obviously I don't want to save and then change the time!!) In fact, I even advanced the game by unlocking some of those eastern cities, let the game sit idle, etc., etc. for over 4 hours and still no luck. However, if I have my encounter at, say, 19:55, then as soon as it turns 20:00 I will quickly encounter it. This makes getting the right nature much more time consuming depending on how good a spread you want.
The PIDRNG is unfortunately advanced very quickly by the rain (like 60 or 120 frames\second, I forget which). However, we have discovered that if you button mash to end the encounter quickly, the PID will default to a certain frame unique to each seed (the terminology is now "magic PID frames". For instance, if the magic PID frame is 370, if you end the encounter before the RNG advances to frame 370 it will default to the PID on frame 370. It doesn't matter whether you started on frame 1 or frame 27.

The trick shiny roamers is to finding out what the magic PID frame is for a certain seed. Unfortunately we have no way of finding that out without practicing on an emulator first.

Thank you soooooo much for working this all out for yourself first!

I would go with musicmeister's suggestion - we haven't done much research into how exactly the Power items affect the RNG. What frame does 11/0/31/12/16/13 correspond to?

I think at the moment, I am thoroughly confused, but with a little more experience I should get the hang of this fairly soon. My n00b question is: for a non C-gear seed, is there any way to figure out what your starting/current PID frame is?

Edit: lol so I just noticed the IV to PID option in RNG Reporter. I'm assuming that can be used to answer my question. Any further clarification will be greatly appreciated (:

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think at the moment, I am thoroughly confused, but with a little more experience I should get the hang of this fairly soon. My n00b question is: for a non C-gear seed, is there any way to figure out what your starting/current PID frame is?

Edit: lol so I just noticed the IV to PID option in RNG Reporter. I'm assuming that can be used to answer my question. Any further clarification will be greatly appreciated (:
IV to PID is for 4th\3rd gen wild catches only (I believe it says so when you open the window). There is no IV\PID relationship in 5th gen.

There is no other way of finding your current frame except to catch a Pokemon, look at the nature and match it with a list of natures for that seed. Well, there's another more precise way, but it requires you to have a spare wondercard.

There is no other way of finding your current frame except to catch a Pokemon, look at the nature and match it with a list of natures for that seed. Well, there's another more precise way, but it requires you to have a spare wondercard.
Thank you for clearing that up. Now for 5th Gen non C-gear seeds, how exactly do I find a list of natures for a specific seed?

Toast++

In 5th gen the ID/SID have a relation with PID,IVs,Nature like 4th gen? ...wondering if is abusable.
Sort of. ID/SID can be abused to hit certain PIDs that like to show up under odd circumstances. It'll all be written somewhere when it's completely figured out.

I want to learn to rng on Pokémon White, I have not start the game yet, just returned form the shop. What in the game must be done before you can rng?

Toast++

I want to learn to rng on Pokémon White, I have not start the game yet, just returned form the shop. What in the game must be done before you can rng?
For non-cgear you must get far enough to be able to check the IVs of wild pokemon that you catch in order to get the DS parameters. If you have a DSi, this stuff is unknown at the moment.

For cgear, you just have to get the cgear which you get shortly after the first gym.
Edit: It may have been right before the first gym, I can't remember 100%. It was close to it either way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)