5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

For non-cgear you must get far enough to be able to check the IVs of wild pokemon that you catch in order to get the DS parameters. If you have a DSi, this stuff is unknown at the moment.

For cgear, you just have to get the cgear which you get shortly after the first gym.

Arigato,

Then it I go get my Cgear. Thanks ;)

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
is it something about hexadecimal convertor?
Not even close. They're hidden values in the DS that are involved in the calculation of the starting seed. There's not a ton more I can tell you. Just wait til you get the game and the guide gets written up.

What is the difference between a C-Gear seed and a non-C-Gear seed? All I know about the C-Gear is that it is basically B/W's equivalent of Pokétch/PokéGear.

Also, we don't know how to RNG on the DSi yet? That sucks... I have a DS (the original model) and a DSi, but the top screen on my DS is busted.

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
What is the difference between a C-Gear seed and a non-C-Gear seed? All I know about the C-Gear is that it is basically B/W's equivalent of Pokétch/PokéGear.

Also, we don't know how to RNG on the DSi yet? That sucks... I have a DS (the original model) and a DSi, but the top screen on my DS is busted.
When you start the game it's initially seeded using a combination of hidden values and the current time to the second. This is a non-cgear seed. The cool thing here is that it's easy to hit because there's no delay.

When you turn the cgear on, the game is reseeded using the date/time, MAC address and delay. This is harder to hit because of the delay but easier to predict since there are no hidden values involved.

Unfortunately, DSi seems like it's still a little way off. The theory is that there's something else that is done on a DSi that isn't on others but no one (including the Japanese) has a solution for it.

So, I've just picked the game up, not looking to RNG abuse yet, but hopefully somewhere down the line. Reading through, it seems that PIDs are independent of IVs? So, does that mean I don't need to bother with ID/SID abuse when I first start the game?

So, I've just picked the game up, not looking to RNG abuse yet, but hopefully somewhere down the line. Reading through, it seems that PIDs are independent of IVs? So, does that mean I don't need to bother with ID/SID abuse when I first start the game?
Any ID/SID can work. The reason why people would abuse their ID/SID is 1) Lower PID frame, 2) Shiny Starters, 3) "Magic" PID frame for the roamers.

After you advanced the frame correctly, you may use the IV frame check code to see if you are at the right point.
Target – Monster – 624*n – C = 0
C =<624; n being an integer.
C is the value displayed with the IV frame check code.

C + Monster Frame = Target Frame
Can someone explain this to me a little more?

We still need a code for checking the IV's of the first Pokémon in the party directly;
prefably one that either converts the actual stats into the corresponding IV's.
For the european english version, please.

With such a code, we could RNG from the start by IV-checking our starters.

Toast++

About the DS Parameter thing, does it also work with say Reshiram? Or must you use Sweet Scent
I believe the parameter search is based on how wild pokemon are generated. I know that Resh/Zek are similarly generated but since they're not 100% identical, I'd stay away from it until you hear otherwise.

I believe the parameter search is based on how wild pokemon are generated. I know that Resh/Zek are similarly generated but since they're not 100% identical, I'd stay away from it until you hear otherwise.
Okay. Since I have no AR, I'd have to find a location where there are Level 50+ Pokés then, thanks!

So, just to be 100% clear here: I won't need to RNG abuse my ID/SID to get flawless shiny legends?

None of those codes seems to work on my Black (retail cart, I bought it today). :/ Screen freezes and won't let me pass Pokémon Company logo.

Repost because of page flip and because others might be interested in this as well.

We still need a code for checking the IV's of the first Pokémon in the party directly;
prefably one that either converts the actual stats into the corresponding IV's.
For the european english version, please.

With such a code, we could RNG from the start by IV-checking our starters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)