The sweeping shuckle team(epic broken-ness achieved)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my infamous (at least to people who know me) Sweeping shuckle team, it's part of my sig too

anyway, it's a baton pass team that leads to the star of the show, shuckle, and yes, it only works with a shuckle, nothing else.

the lead:

KFCombusken@evo stone (combusken)
ability:speed boost
nature:Careful
EV:56HP/248def/172sp.def/32 spd.
Baton pass
Protect
Focus energy
Substitute

He goes out first, he packs on speed boosts with protects and subs (outspeeding most things like jirachi after 2 turns, protect twice, if it fails the second time, he should survive) use substitute and focus energy if behind a sub, focus energy is very useful later, when he has 6 speed boosts (i could settle for four in an emergency, which never happens) use baton pass, oh, and the odd EVs ensure that he makes 4 subs, keeps 3 hp afterwards (may help him survive if he is attacked, usually doesn't make a difference, but It just might if I get lucky) speed is so he can outspeed stuff, the rest is just bulk

The queen of unintentional stall:
Shiiiiiiiiny@leftovers (celebi)
ability:natural cure
nature:bold
EV:112hp/144def./252sp.def
Baton pass
Substitute
Leech seed
Thunder wave

Resisting water, psychic, and ground, I can baton pass to celebi pretty easily, from there I thunder wave (take THAT choice scarf chandera) and then substitute until it works, won't take long, then I use leech seed and sub until i have one up (or until they've already died) then baton pass, subs ensure 100% safety when baton passing and they stall opponents with celebi's leech seed (I'm not trying to stall...) which is why all the pokes have sub, Celebi has a funny way of destroying opponents that try to set up sweeps on it-stall to death with thunder wave/leech seed/substitute while I'm only trying to baton pass

Lily@leftovers (gorebyss)
ability:hydration
nature:Calm
EV:148hp/108def/252sp def
Confuse ray
Aqua ring
Baton pass
Substitute

It is amazing how often I get to set up parausion from celebi's leftover thunder wave, it's pretty much the same concept, distract with confusion (lol take that shell smashers) use sub then aqua ring, sub until baton pass is possible, it starts to become more apparent that using sub won't hurt me at all.

next (if they switched) use celebi again, then bring around:

God of Pie@Focus sash (smeargle)
ability:own tempo (inconsistent causes wasted time later with shuckle)
Nature:Jolly
EV:168def/88sp.def/252 spd
Spore
Substitute
Ingrain
Baton pass

He is pretty self explanatory, use ingrain on whirlwind/roar users, spore on dragon tail/overhead throw users (focus sash will let me survive against the priority attacks, few people bother making a dragonite or lucario (dragon tail/overhead throw)fast (would require Timid/jolly), so I can outspeed them) anyway, with sub going for him and his monstrous +6 speed, I can pretty much use him whenever I feel like it, really, he goes on with his buisness the easiest

once again, celebi can be used several times, then:

I am me@leftovers (Lunatone)
ability:levitate
Nature:Bold
EV:76hp/251def/180sp. def
Defense curl (for rollout)
Hypnosis
Substitute
Baton pass

same old same old, you know the drill, the thing is, use defense curl twice to ensure shuckle doesn't waste time later. I don't think to much explanation here is needed

~Celebi~

The star of the show:
Shucky (:3) @leftovers (shuckle)
ability:sturdy (prevents lucky counter-focus sash users from taking me down)
nature:Impish
EV: 252hp/28def/228sp def
Accupressure (boosts random stat sharply, which is why I boost in twos, so I don't have to waste time boosting by 1)
Rest (with the statuses, it's more useful than recover)
Rollout (gets really strong, like STAB explosion strongx2 with def. curl)
Power share

Tah-Dah~ the sweeping shuckle, first of course, use power share, it's as crippling as will-o-wisp except it works (better) on special attackers, then accupressure away, with leech seed, aqua ring, ingrain and 1 sub going for it, along with the crippling effects of power share and it's staggering defenses, it's very difficult to stop (especially since 1 or 2 pokes of theirs are already dead and the rest are probably paralyzed or sleeping) and with rest backing it up, you're gonna have a tough time hurting it, go ahead, bulk up away, it wont matter anymore, if I get one defense boost (doubles his already monstrous defense) from accupressure, then, along with power share, they are are sitting ducks. Using power share along the way whenever they switch out to increase my atk, Once I get like +6 in every stat or so, I sweep with amazing ease, his atk reaches amazing (for a shuckle) levels, (like higher than power shared 3 swords danced garchomp) his defenses are unmatched, aqua ring, ingrain and leech seed healing me anyway, I could set up on a garchomp (or arceus, because I did before) and so I sweep with rollout, sure, unaware quagsire is untouchable (at that point, so am I) but I could pp stall anything that i can't kill (which isn't really much anyway) with rest and rollout, if he gets fully set up, there is nothing, NOTHING that can stop it (except perish song if it manages to get past the evasion boosts, which no-one uses in the first place, much less is lucky enough to get past his onslaught since I doubt they could get it in 1 try), not even leech seed and toxic WHILE I use rollout can stop it, I can just rest away. He reaches utterly broken levels. :D
The reason it only works with shuckle, is because of his crippling move power share, the reason his set up works so well and doesnt fail much is because of his monstrous defenses.

worse case scenario, he somehow dies from perish song (and they lasted the entire three turns) or they kill him while setting up, then I can go back to stalling with the most irritating celebi ever, using the aqua rings/ingrains too, setting up parafusion, etc.

What do you think?

*The main problems is that combusken doesn't have a way to distract short of attract, which really only works if you are a girl poke (since, for some reason, all pokes on PO are male), and then I would have to make all of them girls so attract's effect lasts (only way to make it worth it only working on one gender), and SHUCKY IS MALE! It breaks my heart to own a female shucky, it's like a female tyranitar or male milotic 3:>*

I would like to reduce the tier to NU or so, since most of them are NU, but the only thing I could put in is hippopotas/pupitar, and then I would need an anti-phazer and I can't bear to give up my precious shiny and the healing of ingrain, so I don't think it's going to happen...

Anyway, what do you think? Please no insults, only polite critisism, now RATE AWAY! :D

Your team utilizes an illegal Pokemon. Please stop using it.
are you referring to speed boost baton pass cobusken?

I thought you could give the DW ability to pokes by sending them to the entralink... then explain how DW abilities work to me >.< (he works on PO)

(aw... ninjask's bulkiness is $hit)

lol, Bpass with speed boost on Combuskin and it's evolutionary family is illegal :p
yes, I heard that once before, but why is it illegal? I thought you could give pokes their DW ability via the entralink

anyway, so how's the shuckle team?

it says here under the subheading dream isle that you can offer a tree a berry in exchange for sending a pokemon to the entralink (entralink forest), where you can re-catch them with dream balls http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/dreamworld.shtml, so tell me, why is BP combusken illegal?

the other pokes in entralink were found IN the dream world, I'm pretty sure they get the DW ability

anyway, enough about that, just drop the subject, I want people to rate my team, not have this thread turn into a discussion about BP combusken.

Baton Pass is an egg move. All DW Torchic are male. Therefore, there is no way to breed Speed Boost onto a baby Torchic while the father knows Baton Pass.

On to the team, OHT and Dragon Tail have the same priority as Roar and Whirlwind. Smeargle doesn't need the Focus Sash as priority attacks would still 2HKO and you wouldn't be able to BP out. Entry hazards also ruin Focus Sash. Focus Energy on Combusken isn't too reliable as it needs to be +4 to be useful, and I doubt you can get it that high against an all-out offensive team. For BP teams to deal with offence you need to boost your defences accordingly in order to survive and pull off a successful pass.

tl;dr, needs some work.

Baton Pass is an egg move. All DW Torchic are male. Therefore, there is no way to breed Speed Boost onto a baby Torchic while the father knows Baton Pass.

On to the team, OHT and Dragon Tail have the same priority as Roar and Whirlwind. Smeargle doesn't need the Focus Sash as priority attacks would still 2HKO and you wouldn't be able to BP out. Entry hazards also ruin Focus Sash. Focus Energy on Combusken isn't too reliable as it needs to be +4 to be useful, and I doubt you can get it that high against an all-out offensive team. For BP teams to deal with offence you need to boost your defences accordingly in order to survive and pull off a successful pass.

tl;dr, needs some work.
Did I not just ask about the entralink? you can get DW pokes without events you know.

what do you mean they have the same priority? yes, they are all used at normal priority, we all know that, also, your'e saying that coldekurr (or whatever his name is) using mach punch can't OHKO him with mach punch, the reason I put on focus sash is so that a priority attack can't OHKO him so smeargle can pull off Spore, I don't know what your'e even talking about

What do you mean +4 focus energy? at +2 his speed doubles, making him about 314 I think.

The reason I don't need defense boosts on my team is because I constantly distract my opponents, that's why my celebi can actually kill a scarf (or not scarfed) chandera with nothing but the moves it uses and it's speed boosts, that's why all the pokes seem to follow the same pattern (excluding shuckle):

substitute
baton pass
move to pass on (focus energy, leech seed, defense curl, aqua ring, ingrain)
distraction move (hypnosis, spore, thunder wave, confuse ray, and I settled for protect)

an all out offensive team? I suppose if they use a lead that immediately starts setting up a sweep without aid of distraction or whatever else, but who does that? They would have a small window of opportunity, the only semi-practical way to take advantage of it would be to use a perish songer, speed boost swords dancer (as a lead) and very fast taunt and thunder wave users (the only one I saw was mewtwo, also must be a lead)

I apologize if I get defensive about my team, i just feel the need to defend it, particularly to something that I don't find to be a threat

Out of curiosity, what do you do against a pokemon that knows taunt?
substitute, it's on every poke, if they use it immediately (on a lead, and they have to use it quickly) and I can't wait long enough on combusken, I can alternate between celebi and combusken playing mindgames- they can't use taunt forever, which is why if they also have thunder wave, they can slow me down and use taunt at their leisure, since combusken will never outspeed them, and shuckle can't do shiz without at least power share, they win

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This team needs some serious improvement!

min min is absolutely correct regarding Speed Boost Combusken. Now, before you pull the "oh Combusken's ability can change upon entering the Entralink lolololol" argument, let me say this: the Pokemon you send to the Entralink doesn't have its ability changed. Therefore, Speed Boost Baton Pass Combusken is illegal. Oh, and Speed Boost Torchic and its evolutions are event-exclusive.

Now, onto the team itself. It seems vulnerable to Prankster leads such as Thundurus and Whimsicott, who can Taunt any of your switch-ins and break your team apart from there on out with their teammates. Oh, and since you lack a weather changer, how do you deal with weather? It seems to me that a well-played Excadrill or Landorus in a sandstorm could easily bust through your team without your consent. In the sunlight, Venusaur can do the same. I can't say much that would improve this team though.

same as before, this team is really weak to Sandstrom + stall mew combo. WIth basicaly having shuckle as one and only centerpiece of the team, 1 taunt near guaranteed win.
even more hurt is the fact that Speed boost baton pass blaziken is illegal unless you play on DW tier.

Well actualy your only pokemon that can withstand taunt is shuckle.
So yeah, >100 speed taunter = game over to this team

elDino

Deal With It.
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
substitute, it's on every poke, if they use it immediately (on a lead, and they have to use it quickly) and I can't wait long enough on combusken, I can alternate between celebi and combusken playing mindgames- they can't use taunt forever, which is why if they also have thunder wave, they can slow me down and use taunt at their leisure, since combusken will never outspeed them, and shuckle can't do shiz without at least power share, they win

Ummm, I thought Taunt went through a substitute...
Thanks guys

haunter

Banned deucer.
Speed boost+baton pass is illegal on the whole torchic line. I'm wondering how you even tested this team. That being said, substitute does not block taunt:

our movedex said:
Substitute does not block Attract, Destiny Bond, Disable, Encore, Foresight, Guard Swap, Haze, Heart Swap, Imprison, Miracle Eye, Odor Sleuth, Perish Song, Power Swap, Psych Up, Roar, Role Play, Skill Swap, Spite, Taunt, Torment, Transform, or Whirlwind.
Please repost only once you have a legit team and possibly less gimmick than this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)