Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

There's also the 2nd gym which, if you missed out on RoggenRolla and the Red/Blue fighting types, will cost you someone, with what is effectivly a BP 210 attack at the 2nd Gym

Then there's Elesa. Those Emonga spam Volt Change so much. Rock types are 2HKO'ed. Ground types can't hit them with their STAB, grass types can't wall them, because they have AA, and Ice types don't exist yet. When they're getting weak? Hyper Potion...

After that, it's somewhat easy, but man, the 2nd and 4th gyms are nightmares.

In a normal in-game run, I had to use STEALTH ROCK [Dwebble] to beat Elesa, and half my team still wound up KO'ed... at Lv 30, 5 levels higher than her Emonga.

Elesa was a bitch. You need Blitzle to not get your ass into a stallwar.

I had to catch 2 Sandiles with Intimidate, repeatedly switch to lower Emolga's Attack, spam Sand-Attack, pray Volt Switch doesn't hit Darumaka while he 2HKOs them.

Stupidest? Zebstrika was OHKO'd by Throh's Revenge. >_>

There's also the 2nd gym which, if you missed out on RoggenRolla and the Red/Blue fighting types, will cost you someone, with what is effectivly a BP 210 attack at the 2nd Gym

Then there's Elesa. Those Emonga spam Volt Change so much. Rock types are 2HKO'ed. Ground types can't hit them with their STAB, grass types can't wall them, because they have AA, and Ice types don't exist yet. When they're getting weak? Hyper Potion...

After that, it's somewhat easy, but man, the 2nd and 4th gyms are nightmares.

In a normal in-game run, I had to use STEALTH ROCK [Dwebble] to beat Elesa, and half my team still wound up KO'ed... at Lv 30, 5 levels higher than her Emonga.
Only time Stealth Rock is useful in-game. Use it and watch those damn squirrels commit suicide. :D

Edit: Always read the full message before posting a response.( I didn't read the last sentence)

yeah, regret selling my other ds..

well. facing the 3rd gym.. and getting raped like no other. so far twice in a row.

roggenrola, dewott, and sandile... eh..
... How are you getting beat by Bugs when you have Roggen- Oh, right, Razor Leaf. Cheap bastards. I love how they throw Leavanny at you before Swadloon, lol. You could try using Victini, or Darumaka?

And since I had Drilbur and Sandile on my team, Elesa was a piece of cake for me. Volt Switch? Seriously, what's that?

actually..sometimes the battle animations actually slow down and lag a little.. it's like they're making so much happen all at once. hope the game doesnt crash later on
Have you noticed how it only "lags" when the health is really low or when they're statused? Have you also noticed how they change colors when they're statused while still being dynamic (purple/psn, yellow/prz, red/burn, blue/frz, and they close their eyes when they're asleep)? Yea, fucking awesome.

I'm playing White, and I love the heck out of this game. Everything is just so much better than previous gens. Dynamic sprites, quicker battles (unless you run into Roggenrola), reusable TMs are a godsend, a clock that's always on (I have OCD), a nifty way to access registered items (although it's annoying how it goes off when you open the menu), and, the most obvious, THE ANGLES! At first, the different angles bugged me because they felt tacked on to show off, but it's really grown on me and now I love them. I do also like how it's not HM heavy by having trees and whatnot everywhere, but I'm also only at Driftveil City, so there could be more HM areas.

Things I miss: follow feature, having the menu be the default bottom screen, and having the running shoes be automatic since I hate having to hold the B Button. That's about it, though.

Also, most disappointing: Finding out Gurdurr needs to be traded to evolve in to Conkeldurr. Does the "fake trade" at GTS work on this game?

Ok I only have one thing to say so far...shaking dirt, where the hell are you? For some insane reason, I want to do this game with a drillbur on my team, sitting around this dumbass wellspring cave and I haven't seen any at fucking all. Anyone have any idea on how this dumb mechanic works?

Edit: One shows up, I get some stupid shit called ice gem, wtf? I want my Pokemon dammit >.>

Ok I only have one thing to say so far...shaking dirt, where the hell are you? For some insane reason, I want to do this game with a drillbur on my team, sitting around this dumbass wellspring cave and I haven't seen any at fucking all. Anyone have any idea on how this dumb mechanic works?

Edit: One shows up, I get some stupid shit called ice gem, wtf? I want my Pokemon dammit >.>
I remember wasting all my money on Repels as well.... Maybe they don't show up when you have a repel....

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I remember wasting all my money on Repels as well.... Maybe they don't show up when you have a repel....
They do. It's the same with shaking grass and the water.

And why are people saying that the fourth gym is a pain in the ass. It's easy imo.

They do. It's the same with shaking grass and the water.

And why are people saying that the fourth gym is a pain in the ass. It's easy imo.
It Aint. I had 5 Pokemon all at level 30 (Including Krokorok) and still got destroyed atleast 4 times.

I've been noticing that once you reach about the 5-6th gym, if you train more than 3 Pokes, you have to use the lucky egg and EXP share or half your team will be left behind

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It Aint. I had 5 Pokemon all at level 30 (Including Krokorok) and still got destroyed atleast 4 times.

I've been noticing that once you reach about the 5-6th gym, if you train more than 3 Pokes, you have to use the lucky egg and EXP share or half your team will be left behind
I defeated her in one try in both my japanese version game and my english version game, so i don't see it.

I'm so happy to hear the battles are faster. I honestly couldn't keep dealing with "Trainer sent out X" -pokeball shines and flashes for 2 minutes-
-pokemon jumps around flashing and changing colors for 5 minutes-
X uses Body Slam!
Trainer uses Potion! -2 more minutes of animation for item use-

Anyway, I'm really excited about getting white! How is Cottonee/Whimsicott (I think I got the names right) in game?

I'm so depressed, there's tons of really cool new grass and bug types, I wanna use them all but I don't want a mono-type team. I might end up with one though. lol

Also, most disappointing: Finding out Gurdurr needs to be traded to evolve in to Conkeldurr. Does the "fake trade" at GTS work on this game?
Well if you can use the gts that means you can use wifi. Why not just ask for someone either in this thread or at simple requests in the wifi forum to trade/trade back. Im sure there would be several others in the same situation.

Drilbur with Rock Slide and Eviolite killed Elesa single handed. Hone Claws on the first turn and you don't have to worry about Double Team.

If I do not have Pokeballs, will the game continue without me needed to catch Zekrom/Reshiram?

I killed Emolga with a Heat Stamp (I do not know the English name exactly xD). It was not so difficult

One thing i hate about this game is that when you open and close the menu, the itemfinder doesn't stay on the bottom screen. I do like the new itemfinder though, not having to touch the touch screen all the time.

Serious question: why does every enemy in the game have either Protect, Detect, Swagger or Confuse Ray.

It's just really really annoying right now.

Ugh, I really, REALLY hate how the levels suddenly go up by like 15 after the E4. Commence the grinding...
you don't really need to grind. Just go through the new routes, battle all the trainers, and your pokes are about level 56. It's not that hard, really.

How do you shake grass (or other shakeable places)?
I just started playing this morning, and thought there had to be more pokes by the first town than lillipup and the beaver looking thing. So, I looked and saw there is one pokemon catchable by shaking grass.

Game is absolutely EPIC. Got it at midnight at Wal-Mart (knew that store was good for something! lol) and could not put it down yesterday.

Have about 17-18 hours into it and have beaten the Elite Four and am currently somewhere in N's Castle. The most beautiful thing about this game is... well, everything.

Gamefreak really out did themselves with this game I think. Every possible thing that I can try and come up with that I didn't like about the old games seems to have been either fixed or updated in this game. Knowing that I still have a ton of story to get to in the game as well as import my competitive mons still makes me wish this work day was over! lol

The one and ONLY complaint I can come up with are the sprites. The sprite for the mon you are battling looks sweet, but man does that one you are using look awful. It is SO pixelated. Maybe it's because I am playing on a DS XL and it shows more but it really bothers me. Looks like I am playing Red or Blue just with color and animation.

Anyway. Story has been epic. Gameplay has been equally as epic. I noticed that everyone else seemed to have problems with some of the gyms? I honestly flew through each one. The electric one is especially easy if you have an electric mon with Lightningrod (I had that electric zebra thing (can't think of name lol)).

Anyway, can't wait to get off of work and play some more tonight.

I tried to do a nuzelock challenge and failed horribly. 2nd gym is such a level increase from 12-13 to level 17 which 2 hit ko'd each of my 4 level 15s.

Also anyone notice how there are more powerful moves at lower levels comparatively compared to past games? The first of the new rock type I encountered used rock blast for 4 hits and 1 hit ko'd my panpour. Even tackle got a base power increase if I recall correctly.

Loving the TM infinite use, work up can be used on almost any poke early in the game. Thankfully rock smash is no longer an hm.

Hating the new exp system where if your poké is higher level than the opposing it gets less exp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)