The Smeargle's Studio Music Megathread

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I need a better title.

Hello and welcome to this thread, which will be your one-stop-shop for posting your music! Just to clarify, this means recordings of you playing or singing or someone else performing a song that you have written.

There are a lot of fantastic musicians on Smogon, and hopefully we can make this a successful thread filled with talent!

Me? I like to dabble with music in my spare time. Here are two songs that I've done:

Memories of Old - a song about a boy who runs away and comes back to find his father on his deathbed.

Natural Beauty - unrelenting cliché.

I also have a third song which I recently did live at my school's performing arts 'festival' as they like to call it, and I hope to have a video up soon.

Now it's your turn, have fun :)

Well I had another account, but apparently I'm not allowed to post anywhere... :P

I do like covers of metal songs with saxophones on my account.. eh it's kinda hard to explain, but have a watch if you like the idea :) ( complete with solos ;) )

The Trooper - Iron Maiden

Fade To Black - Metallica

The Trooper is in better quality, cos I got a better microphone. Also some piano stuff on my account but meh.

Also, @ Alchemator just had a listen to both your videos. I like Memories!

Alchemator, you have a good voice! Wow. Cool.

I can't wait to see this thread begin bustling! I've seen Smogon's writing and art, but never it's music.

I thought Alch had made an art thread, but it turned out to be a music thread. I CAN'T DECIDE WHICH IS BETTER

Anyway as a nearly professional kinda musician this'll be really fun to watch and I'm looking forward to listening to some quality music. And you never know, the composing bug might hit me *suggestive wink*

And that's some very nice music you've got there Alch. I'll have to look out for your name in music stores as well as bookshops =D

This is some good shit in here so far. I'm diggin' the sax covers alot.

I will update later with my stuff when I get around to recording it. Hopefully tomorrow.

Arcticblast: Just had a listen to that - you can do stuff like that for music lessons? Wow. Here in UK we're pretty restricted to uh not metal :P

Alchemator

I thought Alch had made an art thread, but it turned out to be a music thread. I CAN'T DECIDE WHICH IS BETTER

Anyway as a nearly professional kinda musician this'll be really fun to watch and I'm looking forward to listening to some quality music. And you never know, the composing bug might hit me *suggestive wink*

And that's some very nice music you've got there Alch. I'll have to look out for your name in music stores as well as bookshops =D
This post in general excites me! What do you nearly professionally kinda play Ritter?

Also when I get a couple of minutes spare I'll listen to all the stuff here, the sax stuff sounds really interesting.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Arcticblast: Just had a listen to that - you can do stuff like that for music lessons? Wow. Here in UK we're pretty restricted to uh not metal :P
It wasn't really FOR class, just during class. Sort of a side project.

I'm a semi professional Trombonist. I'm going to be doing a few performances soon, and If they're recorded, I'll Wap them on here. I'll be playing Tuba Mirum, from Mozart's Requiem, with an Amateur Orchestra, and that'll hopefully be recorded, so Should have those up :) I've got a few original compositions, but I've not had them played by anybody yet. My main passion is doing arrangements of silly songs for classical instruments. I've got love for Pendulum at the moment, and I'm doing a String Quintet arrangement of The Island Part 2 (Dusk) so That should be interesting if I get it recorded, I'm going to get my arrangement of Take on me Recorded in a week, for Music AS level, so I'll post a link of that on here :)

This post in general excites me! What do you nearly professionally kinda play Ritter?

Also when I get a couple of minutes spare I'll listen to all the stuff here, the sax stuff sounds really interesting.
I sing in the Australian Boys Choir (a professional choir) and I've toured in Australia twice and in Singapore and Malaysia once. We perform frequently and do weddings and stuff (btw I'm the Leader =D)
So yeh. And my voice hasn't changed, I'm still a soprano =D
I also play violin and piano, just not very well

Ritter that's really cool! Gonna be a bummer if you uh stop being able to be a soprano though sometime but still that's impressive being in the national choir. Any videos of you guys singing up on youtube or whatever?

Alchemator

I'm a semi professional Trombonist.
I sing in the Australian Boys Choir (a professional choir) and I've toured in Australia twice and in Singapore and Malaysia once.
I suddenly feel so inadequate! Heh. I'm in the school choir as a Tenor/Bass/Whatever-they-need-really-so-I'm-actually-a-Baritone-who-likes-hyphens. The higher-ups have a lot of ambitions for it and we're pretty good, but I don't think we'll ever tour anywhere, that's awesome!

So we have a semi-professional trombonist, a saxophonist who does covers of metal songs (go listen, you won't be disappointed), a globetrotting Treble, an amateur grindcore writer and me.

Does anyone else want to come out and shock me with their talent? Later we find out that Fatecrashers has played the kazoo for Obama or something, this is madness! Keep it coming guys heh.

Precipice

Thats bull.
is an Artist Alumnus
posting to say you should stop dropping my name into weird examples
yeh alch, jeez.

I just wanted to tell you how it is.

Also i just found tht downloading photoshop has totall wrecked my comp so no recording atm =// Would love to see more uploads from people, certainly a lot more talent here than expected!

Not my videos, but if anyone likes accoustic guitar solo stuff like harmonics improv and just general messing around on guitar my friend uploads that on this channel but yeah if anyone's into that I think it sounds pretty good :)

also, I have a didgeridoo too. We could totally form a cross continent band... it'd be an instant hit... ;)

Alchemator

I also have a third song which I recently did live at my school's performing arts 'festival' as they like to call it, and I hope to have a video up soon.
It happened.

Four contestants and a reserve get through to the finals, I was chosen as the reserve. A.K.A. I suck! Heh.

E: Creepy how we both bumped this within two minutes of each other eh Legends?

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
I figured I'd post some stuff ^__^
Badal's Harmonies!

So I've been into music for a while. I play quite a few instruments:

• Tabla- Been learning it for 8 years. Have the license to teach
  • Drums- 3 Years
  • Guitar- 4 years.
  • Keyboard- Can play by ear
  • Singing- From basically when I was young
  • Any other Percussion Instrument.

My Music:

NEW!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)