In-Game Tier List Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Why is Minccino so low? In my playthrough, I solo'd the ice gym (outsped and OHKO'd literally everything except the leader's Beartic), the dark E4 member, and N's entire team with it, along with being useful in general. It doesn't come terribly late either.

Rock Blast abuse?

But Minccino doesn't come until before the 4th gym(aka Elesa-rape time), and well, Herdier should pretty much outclass it anyway.

(On the bright side it doesn't have competition for evolution... wait a sec, that applies to everything. >_>)

My Dwebble evolved into Crustle yesterday, and I tutor'ed it Shell Smash, and got the X-Scizzor TM.

Dwebble was one of my most reliable pokemon before evolution... now... wow, it's just steamrolling everything. Probobly going to sweep Skyla with it, provided Rock Slide dosen't miss. [Failing that, I can take her on with Cofigagus, Garbodor, or Samuwott]

Oh, and you *can* find the Miccino evolution in shakeing grass on Route 5, with about a 5% chance. It comes with Tail Slap already, but misses Wake-Up slap. [Which are the only 2 Level up attacks you'll really be using :/]

Herdia does not outclass Miccino. Technician Wake-Up Slap, and Technician STAB Tail Slap [Aka: BP 50 Multi-Hitter = BP 100 minimum, 250 maximum, AKA, Explosion levels of power!]

Yeah I was tempted to use Minccino but my cute pokemon slot is already taken by Emolga, who must be pretty rare cause I got it from some shaking grass. I caught one (Minccino) and traded it in Driftveil for a very nifty Adamant Basculin with Rockhead. Anyone else noticed that the trades are awesome now? My Minccino was only level 19 yet the Basculin is lvl 25. Good trade if you didnt start off with the 'wott.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've completed my Black version. I'm currently experimenting with my old BT team (Scizor, Garchomp and Latios) in the Battle Subway. I suppose I'll start breeding my 5th Gen team soon!

wow after you beat ghetsis the game becomes much more difficult...i mean my team is at least 6-7 levels underlevelled in comparison to the other trainers...fortunately, galvantula is a beast...

wow after you beat ghetsis the game becomes much more difficult...i mean my team is at least 6-7 levels underlevelled in comparison to the other trainers...fortunately, galvantula is a beast...
The trainers have LV 65+ Pokemon, but laughably enough half of them are first-tier(or just plain fail). LV 65 Hoppips/Weedles/Butterfrees are no match for your Zekrom or Reshiram.

Just got the game yesterday and it's a blast. Right now I'm struck at the first gym city. It's not that I can't beat the gym or anything, I'm struck there because I'm Munna farming. Blasted thing won't get the right natures I need from them. Waiting for the shaking grass is a tad annoying but Audino grinding is sure worth it. I just wish those damn things stop using Growl so much -__-

Team so far:

Snivy, Lv 16
Herdier, Lv 16
Panpour, Lv 14
Purrloin, Lv 5 (Only for cut).

Why do you want a Munna so much? They are just too much of a hassle for me. After they evolve they dont learn anything apart from TM's (Its a moonstone evo) so you have to grind up a Munna when there are much better psychic options, such as the version exclusive ones. I personally think it should be low tier for the main game. Also: looks like a facehugger from alien but pink.

Archeops was a beast, as well as chandelure, samurott and scrafty. May use the exact team again when I go and get Black later today.

So i have now done everything there is to do in the game except for: Miramoto, Cynthia, and E4 R2 and Champion. My team of 6 is all at 60-59 (would be slightly higher but I experimented with some legendaries and some later stuff.)

Did anyone else find challenger's cave ridiculously disappointing?

My best grinding method is fighting the double grass pokemon in the giant chasm; i really struggle to audino farm. It's fine on Route 7 with the planks, but with the fog and disjointed grass in the Chasm I really struggle to find shaking grass; can anyone list a more step by step guide to how they farm audinos?

(Braviary is quite slow, but one of the best Pokemon on my team - I love him to pieces)

I think this was meant for the In-Game thread, not the Tier List.

The trainers have LV 65+ Pokemon, but laughably enough half of them are first-tier(or just plain fail). LV 65 Hoppips/Weedles/Butterfrees are no match for your Zekrom or Reshiram.
well the problem is that i am not training my zekrom and i said that after facing the veteran in challenger's cave the one with gyarados, excadrill, crobat, druddigon, gigalith, snorlax...
i made the mistake to face him exactly after beating ghetsis and i was completely raped...

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
But Minccino doesn't come until before the 4th gym(aka Elesa-rape time), and well, Herdier should pretty much outclass it anyway.
Maybe for Minccino, but once you evolve it, Stoutland has lower Speed, comparable Attack, a worse STAB attack (unless you get its happiness up for Return) and lacks the excellent Rock/Fighting coverage. It only outclasses in terms of bulk, but I was getting so many OHKOs that bulk wasn't all that much of an issue.

Agreed with Cinccino >>> Stoutland. It's been a while since I played through with the puppy, I did it on a Japanese ROM, but the dog really loses power fast. Stab Take Down so early hits like a truck, sure, but after it learns Crunch, unless I missed something, it gets almost nothing until Wild Charge. The dog seemed to fizzle out late game pretty quickly, while Minccino/Cinccino stayed useful all the way until the end. 90 BP fighting move, a potential 187.5 STAB attack, access to Tech Rock Blast and Bullet Seed (I only took rock blast), the speed plus access to Sing (which did save my ass more than once)...Cinccino never felt weak and useless, while I can't say the same for the Stoutland line. Of course, you can't completely ignore the fact that Lillipup is available far earlier than Minccino.

I'm going to note that, for a Synchronizer, Elgyem is much better for one crucial reason- encounter rate.

Munna has 10%, IIRC. On the roof of the Celestial Tower, Elgyem has a 50% encounter rate; it's much easier to farm.

So, if you're only resetting for the legends, Elgyem is unconditionally a better option.

I'd like to nominate to move Shikijika/Deerling up to Mid-High tier. He's far and away the best Grass type in the game. He needs to be babied a little until he catches up with your team (Which, admittedly, isn't much.). Once it evolves, it's fast, powerful, and has a usable movepool that puts Snivy and friends to shame. It's Normal typing screws it over though in some cases, hence not sending it to Top tier, among the aquisition time. He really did outright replace both Sawk and Serperior on my team, and that's saying something.

To boot he does have Fighting and Dark moves in his repertoire, which solves his coverage issues for most of the game.

My Oshawott had a Bold nature, so did my friend's. Are all Oshawott's Bold?!
Mine's Naughty.

I'm currently at Liberty Garden to catch Victni (pre-Burgh). My team so far is Dewott, Darumaka, Herdier, and Munna. Going to eventually catch a Joltik, and do that Zorua/Zoroark event.

I've seen little to no impressions on Karrablast and Shelmet. Obviously looking for feedback regarding their evolved forms... Anyone?
Accelgor (Evolved form of Shelmet) is incredibly fast, but his movepool is pretty shallow. Chevalier (Evolved form of Karrablast) is excellent, bulky, but slow. His movepool is also passable. Obviously, use if you can evolve, don't otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)