Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

I never have issues with encounters, except in one place, Chargestone Cave. That place has so many encounters... it's not even funny. You are unlucky if you dont bump into the Tynamo [And they have a 2% encounter Rate]

Not to mention on my Japanese version, I got my first B/W Shiny in chargestone Cave [A Ferroseed at that, too bad it had absolute fail IV's and Nature]

Mercifully, aside from the ultra-frail baby spider, they're all slow.

Heh, I evolved mine at 27 (didn't want Aromatherapy). Now it has Quiver Dance/Giga Drain/Sleep Powder/Leech Seed, and it rocks.

Someone mentioned the idea of teaching it Dreameater, which seems intriguing; though I think that TM comes quite late.

I wanted Aromatherapy for heals =P Other than Quiver Dance, it's the same as yours XD

EDIT: Also, that'd be very interesting...

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I beat the Elite Four about two days ago. This was my team:
(54)
(53)
(53)
(52)
(52)
(51)

Emolga is the cutest B/W Pokémon so I had to try it out. It actually hits surprisingly hard with STAB Acrobatics / Thunderbolt. Early on you can get huge damage by abusing Thunder Wave / Electro Ball. It managed to solo Iris through a combination of Attract, Thunder Wave, and Acrobatics. Cinccino also gets astounded in-game coverage with Tail Slap / Rock Blast / Bullet Seed / Wake Up Slap. I managed to capture an Adamant Deerling and used it to quickly breed an Adamant Technician Minccino. Carracosta is slow but manages to carry its weight with Shell Smash. Heatmor is slightly disappointing but cool nonethless. Haxorus is one of my favorites and obviously did very well, soloing both Ghetsis and N. Golurk was useful for Fly and STAB Iron Fist Shadow Punch / EQ really did a number on the E4.

I just don't see the problem with the slowness of battling animations in the previous generations.
I spent the entire time that Hyper Potion was healing Lance's 12 Dragonites raging and throwing my game across my room.
By the time I regained control of my actions, all the animations had finished and orders were waiting to be given.

Geez the Pokeball shakes are driving me insane! They sometimes randomly sit there for a second...in suspense....and then shake again. Its sooooo suspenseful!!!

Downloaded the US ROM, can't stop playing this game! I'd have chosen Snivy, but wanted to try other than my intended run (at least for the starter), so I chose Oshawott.

My current team is
Lv 26 Dewott (Wotter)
Starter, and it's serving great. Razor Shell "early" is cool.

Lv 26 Pansear (Flamojojo)
Kind of disappointing, but since I taught it Work Up and now has Burst Flame as opposed to the early weak Incinerate it can hold up a bit.

Lv 18 Scraggy (Sup)
Newest addition, and is in training. Careful with Moxie as an ability, also taught it Work Up, since I don't have Bulk Up yet. Currently training it in Route 4.

Patrat Lv 4
Lol there for HM slavery purposes, though right now it only has cut.

Pidove lv 11
For when I get Fly in case I don't train a flying type (or Golurk).

Lillipup lv 2
While it did sound good to train, I just didn't want to train a normal type, but it's useful never the less; it's pick up ability has given me good supplies.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Anyone else notice a lot of the music sounds like it's straight from Chrono Trigger? Go to Dragonspiral Tower for example, and compare it to the Chrono Trigger Guardia Forest theme.

I'm at the 6th gym and I havent used one HM since Cut. I havent even wanted to use Fly once. ....so when the heck is the game going to force me to even use one?

Just found a "Poison Gem" in the Electric-Rick-Cave-Place in a dust whirl...>_>
I found lots of gems in those too.

Cool, I'll go find it (Also, I meant would the power of the one time me a bigger boost than a turn of the other)
I know its a large boost in power. I don't know HOW much though. Not sure if its doubled power or something like that. The thread/bulbapedia would know.

I'm at the 6th gym and I havent used one HM since Cut. I havent even wanted to use Fly once. ....so when the heck is the game going to force me to even use one?

I found lots of gems in those too.
It won't. That one use of Cut is all the FORCED useage of HM's you'll get this game.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
When do I return to Relic Castle? I saw a few screen shots with some grunts inside it so I figured I'm going to go back there.
Spoiler:
When you go after the White/Black Orb to revive Reshiram/Zekrom later on (before the Elite Four), and when you go after one of the sages + Volcarona

SO...MANY...FREAKING...ENCOUNTERS...In Chargestone Cave >.<

*Is crawling back to the doctor*
I know right? I'm in Celestial Tower and it's nothing but Litwick -_-

Anyway, here's my current team. I have 5 badges. I can't wait to beat this game so I can start learning to RNG on it.

Pignite lvl 33
Stoutland lvl 33
Swoobat lvl 33
Palpitoad lvl 33
Gurdurr lvl 33
Purrloin lvl 13 (HM slave)

I know right? I'm in Celestial Tower and it's nothing but Litwick -_-

Anyway, here's my current team. I have 5 badges. I can't wait to beat this game so I can start learning to RNG on it.

Pignite lvl 33
Stoutland lvl 33
Swoobat lvl 33
Palpitoad lvl 33
Gurdurr lvl 33
Purrloin lvl 13 (HM slave)
Duuudddeee...Swoobat? :D Nice! I always have a hard time getting fast Happiness Evos! Congrats :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)