Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

Can I just say that Audino is the best thing that has happens to ingame training since Lucky Egg. I captured a Frillish on level 14 and defeated a level 29 Audino on Route 7, which yielded like 5500 exp with the lucky egg. I was around 37 and I think frillish was caught up in like ten minutes.

Anyway, it seems I've been taking my time with this game, what with some ppl having beaten the E4 already. I've been making it a point to catch every pokemon that appears on a certain route, including shaking spots, so its fun. I really like that feature.

As far as pokemon go, Snivy has disappointed as expected. Leaf Blade helps, but it is depressingly weak. Scrafty and Archaeops are definitely the MVPs, with Excadrill and Victini close behind.

Can I just say that Audino is the best thing that has happens to ingame training since Lucky Egg. I captured a Frillish on level 14 and defeated a level 29 Audino on Route 7, which yielded like 5500 exp with the lucky egg. I was around 37 and I think frillish was caught up in like ten minutes.

Anyway, it seems I've been taking my time with this game, what with some ppl having beaten the E4 already. I've been making it a point to catch every pokemon that appears on a certain route, including shaking spots, so its fun. I really like that feature.

As far as pokemon go, Snivy has disappointed as expected. Leaf Blade helps, but it is depressingly weak. Scrafty and Archaeops are definitely the MVPs, with Excadrill and Victini close behind.
I've been taking it easy too. Everything is still around level 30, but I'm trying to get good natures on certain things (NAMELY Ferroseed) So I can EV train it...Got some Pokerus and a Macho Brace! c:

Ryuukazi: Thanks. It's a lot better than the Pidove line. Heart Stamp > Pidove Line.
Yeah =P And it doesn't even SPECIALIZE in Attack! I plan to EV the first one I caught as soon as I EV a Ferroseed. I got it first try, first ONE, Premier Ball, Timid, Klutz!!! :D Awesomeness!

Okay but...which sprites? In-battle? Overworld? Everything looks fine to me except for the female main character's official art. She has a creepy-ass stare during those communicator conversations...and her arm is a bit.....curvy?
I'm not sure what you call it, uh... the character sprites you walk with? Everything else is amazing. Anyhow, they're all starting to grow on me! I especially love the battle scheme! Love how when a Pokemon's asleep and their eyes are closed. xD

I'm not sure what you call it, uh... the character sprites you walk with? Everything else is amazing. Anyhow, they're all starting to grow on me! I especially love the battle scheme! Love how when a Pokemon's asleep and their eyes are closed. xD
"Overworld" sprites is what yer talking about.

"In-Battle" sprites is....the in-battle ones.

Basically the rule is *Location* Sprites.

Just got through Twister mountain and 4/5s of my team evolved in 2 battles LoL
Carracosta is pretty beast, Serperior is meh bulky at least, Darmanitan.... BAM, Gavantula is good :)

Krokorok didn't evolve in the mountain. He's.... not what I was hoping but good enough to keep.

Still searching for a 6th member.

Is Reshiram supposed to be easy to catch, so far I've caught it with an Ultra Ball (third ball) and a Quick Ball :/ Also is there an easy way to check its nature by stats?

Emolga is the cutest B/W Pokémon so I had to try it out. It actually hits surprisingly hard with STAB Acrobatics / Thunderbolt. Early on you can get huge damage by abusing Thunder Wave / Electro Ball.
I concur. I was going to use it simply because I found it absolutely adorable but it's amazing in battle. I like Encore + Charge beaming for a sweep. :3

got my team sorted before the 5th gym

snivy
panpour
blitzle
minccino
roggenrola
archen

they're not all strong but should make it more of a challenge and i like them all anyway. annoyed that i overlevelled for the bug gym though and the game's been much easier since then (apart from the dudes zebstrika sweeping almost all my team before deciding to not use electric attacks on simipour... wtf)

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Is Reshiram supposed to be easy to catch, so far I've caught it with an Ultra Ball (third ball) and a Quick Ball :/ Also is there an easy way to check its nature by stats?
Yes, Reshiram and Zekrom are very easy to catch by legendary standards: Catch rate of 45, which is 15 times easier than most legendaries (and even easier to catch than Chansey and Snorlax), and 50% easier than Dialga and Palkia. You could probably capture it with a Quick Ball on the first turn, or even a standard Poke Ball.

My guess is because these Pokemon must be captured to advance the story (unless you fill your PC boxes), they wanted to make these Pokemon very easy to catch.

I spent about 4 hours trying to catch certain natured pokemon before I realized all I need is Munna with synchronize. Instead of wasting pokeballs and time trying to catch a specific pokemon with a specific nature I'm catching as many Munna as possible to keep at the front of my party, fainted. SOOOOO much easier.

3 Badges, Current Team:
Servine Lv 24, adamant
Roggenrola Lv 25 brave, to be boxed after gym 4
Darumakka Lv 22 adamant
Tirtouga Lv 25 jolly

Currently breeding for a jolly Sandile with Fire Fang.

Oh yeah one random observation. They finally started typing the pokemon's names in Upper and LOWER case letters. Now my All-Caps nicknames look funny! ^_^'

I just got my third badge and I'm catching some Pokemon in Route 4, would it be better to train a Sandile or Scraggy? (Not using Darumaka because I'm only using Pokemon I like, lol)

Sewaddle/Swadloon work surprisingly well. I caught one expecting it to take a lot of babying to level up/evolve, but it was actually quite powerful and ended up being my second highest leveled Pokemon for a long time (still is actually, I think). I started with Oshawott and Pansear so it rounds out the team pretty well I think.

Oshawott/Dewott are also really fun to use. Razor Shell and Grass Knot destroy EVERYTHING.

Warning: reviving fossils happens instantly now. You no longer have to wait. Save before you talk to the guy if you're soft resetting or youll end up with a worthless turtle/bird.

Where do you find the Grass Knot TM? I think you would be better of sandile.

Current Team:
Emboar lvl 36
Stoutland lvl 36
Swoobat lvl 36
Seismitoad lvl 36
Gurdurr lvl 36
Purrloin lvl 13

I just got my 6th badge.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Oh yeah one random observation. They finally started typing the pokemon's names in Upper and LOWER case letters. Now my All-Caps nicknames look funny! ^_^'
Not as funny looking as Japanese Pokemon with Latin characters in their names. They use a much larger font.

So i have now done everything there is to do in the game except for: Miramoto, Cynthia, and E4 R2 and Champion. My team of 6 is all at 60-59 (would be slightly higher but I experimented with some legendaries and some later stuff.)

Did anyone else find challenger's cave ridiculously disappointing?

My best grinding method is fighting the double grass pokemon in the giant chasm; i really struggle to audino farm. It's fine on Route 7 with the planks, but with the fog and disjointed grass in the Chasm I really struggle to find shaking grass; can anyone list a more step by step guide to how they farm audinos?

(Braviary is quite slow, but one of the best Pokemon on my team - I love him to pieces)

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Giant Chasm Doubles Grass. If you get double Dittos, switch in two Audinos or two Blisseys to really get mega experience!

Where do you find the Grass Knot TM?
It's on the ground just north of a pond in the area south of the entrance to Pinwheel Forest if I remember correctly.

My best pokemon is Victini. I caught a really good one after a full day of trying.

I probably could have held out for higher SPA but this is definitely good enough for me. I was desperate to get on with the game anyway.

Where do you find the Grass Knot TM?
I think it's in Pinwheel Forest, towards the end of the maze section near a small pond.

I did the Victini event, but left him there to RNG later. What's more reasonable, catching 700+ Pokemon to bypass Zekrom, or RNGing it during the first encounter? I'm thinking catch the first one I come across and restart my game for a good one later .__.

I seem to be moving pretty slowly compared to the rest of you guys. Just got through Castelia. I'm making a point to catch everything, though, and making sure I battle everyone and don't miss out on any items.

the first time i saw the patches of grass shaking.. my first thought was.

"no fucking way!! shiny pokemon patches throughout the game??!""

then i see the audino.. and reality set in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)