Im all 'bout dat bulk

Hey Guys, for those of you who don't know me (i.e. everyone) my name is David and this is my team. Here is my story. When I first entered this generation after a 3 or so month hiatus from pokemon, I noticed 2 things.

1) Everything can set up in ways I never imagined.

2) Weather wins games

This got me frustrated because I was stuck in a 4th gen mindset, meaning a suicide lead, frail sweepers and no weather. I'm no dummy, I learned from these mistakes and built strong counters into my team and also pokemon that will win me games. This team has brought me a nice amount of success, and my opens lots of ragequits (I'm looking at you Conkeldurr). Heres the team. For a team that was originally meant to be fast and frail, it has evolved more towards bulky offense, and I'm more than o.k. with that.

Mew: Stealth Rock With Bulk (The Lead?)

EVs: HP 252, SpAtk 136, SpD 84, Spd 32
Nature: Calm (+SpD, -Atk)
Ability: Synchronize
Item: Lum Berry

Moves:

-Mirror Coat
-Stealth Rock
-Flamethrower
-Signal Beam

He usually leads the match, unless I see a Tyranitar in the lead position, in which case Conkeldurr gets the nod and a free Bulk up. The moves are simple, Mirror Coat is for taunters faster than me. They taunt themselves and get no rocks. Rocks are rocks (duh). Next to Tyranitar, the two pokemon that come in on Mew are Deoxys-S and Scizor. Scizor is always OHKO'd unless seriously invested in HP and Spd. Deoxys is 2HKO'd by Signal Beam. Mew also has a lot of bulk, it shrugs of neutral hits and can take at least one SE it. I can count on Mew to start of the game well.

Deoxys-S: Revenge is Sweet

EVs: SpAtk 252, Spd 252, HP 4
Nature: Naive (+Spd, -SpD)
Ability: Pressure
Item: Life Orb

Moves:

-Rock Slide
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Psycho Boost

Deoxys deals with the nasty bits the rest of my team doesn't really like. Thunderbolt is for Gyrados and waters in general. Ice beam is for dragons, I outspeed and KO all dragons even if they have danced once. Psycho Boost OHKO's Conkeldurr, Blaziken (who I outspeed after one speedboost), the musketeer trio, any any fighting types really. Rock slide is to get rid of Volcarona, who can be very annoying if it has danced. He is surprisingly hard hitting and his ability to be so fast without a scarf is incredibly useful.

Conkeldurr: I do it all

EVs: HP 120, Atk 252, SpD 136
Nature: Careful (+SpD, -SpD)
Ability: Guts
Item: Leftovers

Moves:

-Bulk Up
-Mach Punch
-Drain Bunch
-Payback

Standard Conkeldurr moveset with different EV's. He does a ton, he counters Excadrill, absorbs status, and sweeps. Getting bulk up's is easy because of the bulk he poses. These ev's let him take special attacks well, making him solid on both sides of the spectrum. I often come in on a status move for guts, bulk up on the switch, and sweep with +2. I don't feel the need for a +Atk nature, his 376 is pretty damn high.

Tyranitar: Weather is Key, So is huge Special Defense

EVs: HP 252, Atk 100 , SpD 156
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpAtk)
Ability: Sand Stream
Item: Chople Berry (Fighting Resist)

Moves:

-Pursuit
-Crunch
-EarthQuake
-Stone Edge

He takes over the weather, and destroys other weather teams. Most weather teams , and the Psychics that he traps, are specially based. He has tons of special bulk, especially after the sandstorm boost. He can also handle Reuniclus with crunch and take at least one Focus Blast with his berry. Synopsis: Handles weather, traps pokes and brings in sandstorm for Excadrill.

Exacdrill: Hi Guys, my names overpowered

EVs: Atk 252, Spd 252, HP 4
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpAtk)
Ability: Sand Throw
Item: Balloon

Moves:

-Swords Dance
-EarthQuake
-Rock Slide
-Rapid Spin

This thing is crazy. It outspeeds everything except for other Excadrill, who are usually gone thanks to Conkeldurr. With its counters eliminated, I win, its that simple. It hits SO hard, and when they switch to a counter I can either Rapid Spin and help the team or SD and sweep. Really doesn't need much explanation.

Rotom-W: The glue to my sticks

EVs: HP 136, SpAtk 120, Def 92, Spd 160
Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
Ability: Levitate
Item: Leftovers

Moves:

-Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt
-HP Grass
-Pain Split

Rotom holds everything together. Now that he has Water/Electric typing, he hits harder than ever with Hydro Pump. He can come in on any physical sweeper and KO them. He has good bulk and no longer is weak to the ever common dark type attacks, eliminating the need for Will-o-wisp. His resistances are great, no one else on my team likes ice attacks. HP grass is solely for Quagsire, who troubles this team with his new ability. Light Screen is filler, but it is nice to have and has helped me before, it is a good move if I know my opponent will switch but I don't know to who.

Well there is my team, please help me improve it.

Rate/Hate/Steal, you know the deal.

Hi,

Just telling you that Scizor's now-a-days do tend to carry a lot of bulk. something like a 40HP/ 216SpD spread. Does mew stil OHKO?

Deoxys won't work unless there is more passive damage e.g. Spikes.

You ought to run a MixTar, go look for a set.

Doryuuzu with Rapid Spin as a sweeper? Asking to get walled by Bronzong and the likes.

Pain Split > Light Screen on Rotom.

GL

mew does 300 min damage to a scizor with 216 SpD evs, and with 40 hp ev's this is always a OHKO. I changed Light Screen to Pain Split on Rotom, good idea. I'm going to test how I like X-Scizor on Doryuuzu, I'm not 100% sure on that one. Also, Deoxys does get the OHKO's it needs, I'm able to get 4x damage on many top threats; SandStorm also does act as passive damage.

Thanks Charro, that is the purpose of Deoxys-S.

Does anyone have recomendations for an item on tyranitar? I barely see the berry being used, I am thinking leftovers will have more benefit. A plus to lefties is I did the calcs and with lefties he survives a Choice Spec'd Draco Meteor from Latios with over half, after recovery. I think I'll make that change.

Hi, Tyranitar really is a better poke when using this standard set:
-Crunch/Stone Edge
-Ice Beam
-Fire Blast
-Pursuit
Usually running leftovers, lum berry (maybe), or even expert belt.
This set covers a nice variety of the metagame and has good coverage over quite a few of Ttar's past counters.

Also, on Deo-S try this set out:
-Spikes
-Ice Beam
-Psycho Boost
-Superpower/Thunderbolt
If you choose to run superpower (for some of Deo-S's counters and such), you probably should run a mixed attacking nature (e.g. Hasty).

Otherwise, gl and have fun!

Too both the people suggesting that I run a mixed set, how can this help? It seems that Scizor/Gliscor still outspeed and KO me. It also hurts his ability to derail enemy weather because of a weaker Pursuit against Ninetails.

Make Conkeldurr Adamant. There is no point making him Careful if you're not maxing out his SpD. You can have the same SpD you have now with Adamant by rearranging your EVs and have a higher stat total overall. Also, replace Payback with Stone Edge. The only Ghost Payback helps you against is Golurk who is rare. All other Ghosts are Bulk Up fodder or OHKO by Stone Edge anyway, which is better against the numerous flying pokemon and Volcarona.Your Mew might be better off with a Focus Sash and a simple Timid 252/252 spread. The added power and speed help more on offense and since you don't face Tyranitar anyway you don't have to worry about losing your sash, unless you just want to run Aura Sphere to OHKO it. Loss of Lum isn't that big a deal since a Thundurus isn't going to paralyze something they know that has Synchronize.Tyranitar should run a Choice Band if you're going all physical with Superpower over Earthquake to hit Ferrothorn. Otherwise Leftovers works fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)