Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeking a partner and opponents for a Tag Battle

4v4 Doubles, with each player using two Pokémon
DQ: 2 Days
2 uses Rest/Recover etc., 5 chills
Arena: Chargestone Cave:

A cave with electricity buzzing all over the place. Steel Type Pokémon will have a hard time moving around, as the charged stones can attract them. If a Pokémon touches a chargestone, it can be jolted for 10 damage, or experience a much greater discharge of electricity (25% chance) that causes 25 damage in a 20 foot radius. Wild Joltik appear when this happens, and may unnerve Pokémon who are arachnophobic (weak to Bug/Electric, in this case), giving them a 5% chance of being flinched during an action. But pray you don't attract a Galvantula instead (10% chance), which will join the battle, and attack any and all competitors with anything from its level-up movepool. However, it only has 30 health, to prevent it being too much of a distraction.

A cave with electricity buzzing all over the place. Steel Type Pokémon will have a hard time moving around, as the charged stones can attract them. If a Pokémon touches a chargestone, it can be jolted for 10 damage, or experience a much greater discharge of electricity (25% chance) that causes 25 damage in a 20 foot radius. Wild Joltik appear when this happens, and may unnerve Pokémon who are arachnophobic (weak to Bug/Electric, in this case), giving them a 5% chance of being flinched during an action. But pray you don't attract a Galvantula instead (10% chance), which will join the battle, and attack any and all competitors with anything from its level-up movepool. However, it only has 30 health, to prevent it being too much of a distraction.
I'd like to be in this battle. :3 Either side, really, I'm fine regardless.

EDIT: if rewindman is on your side, I guess I'm opposing? Unless you want to choose otherwise, either way.

I'd be up for a battle. I can be your partner, if you're OK with that.

I'd love to get in on this! Since it looks like I'll be having to give up on my match with CoolKing, I'll sign up to be Banryu's partner!

EDIT:
One Ability
No Items
Switch = KO
I'm cool with this Banryu.

That would be cool. Can we agree on

One Ability
No Items
Switch = KO
(edited)

Nyx? I'm fine with whatever if you have any objections to this.

EDIT: Alright I guess we just need a ref now yeah?
EDIT again: I'm on it.

Hmm, I think I'll make one more.

2v2 Doubles.
DQ: 2 Days.
1 use of Rest/Recover etc, 5 chills
Arena: Dotted Hole

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kanto/dottedhole.shtml#frlg-b1f

The Dotted Hole has five floors, each with a hole leading up and down. Going up or down a hole counts as an action, and the floors are about five feet thick - an Earthquake attack or a missed Focus Punch might break one! The entire cavern is made out of rock, so Dig attacks don't work.

Tag Battle

I shall ref this battle between Banryu & NyxNocturne vs. Son_of_Shadoo & rewindman. PM me your teams and we'll get this monster going.

One Ability
No Items
Switch = KO

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hmm, I think I'll make one more.

2v2 Doubles. Each player uses one Pokémon.
Arena: Dotted Hole

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kanto/dottedhole.shtml#frlg-b1f

The Dotted Hole has five floors, each with a hole leading up and down. Going up or down a hole counts as an action, and the floors are about five feet thick - an Earthquake attack or a missed Focus Punch might break one! The entire cavern is made out of rock, so Dig attacks don't work.
I'll give this arena a try... even though I've planned none of my Pokemon for doubles. ;D

Switch = KO (we're not switching anyway)
DQ: 3 days (can be more if requested)
1 ability

Anyone up for a team battle? (2 v 2 people)

2v2 (two pokemon per team, one pokemon per person) Doubles (duh).
Arena: High up in the mountains

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
SEEKING CHALLENGE

The unstoppable duo of DarkSlay and smashlloyd20 wish to find challengers!

Multi-Battle 4 V 4 (Two people on one team, Two Pokemon per person)
Doubles (One Pokemon out per trainer)
DQ: 3 Days
2 Uses of Recovery Moves / 5 Chills
Arena: Virtual Reality Room

This state-of-the-art Pokemon battling arena is located within a futuristic dome. The dome is actually a high-tech virtual reality device, capable of creating realistic scenery to depict real-life areas. There are currently four programmed areas of battle: a crisp, breezy meadow, a swimming hole, a sandy beach, and one last unknown vision that will be up to the referee. This last vision, however, has little impact in terms of benefiting or hampering battling Pokemon - this is meant to be a calm atmosphere. The scenery changes every two rounds to a random scenery. Every scenery must be visited at least once before the machine cycles again. There is a constant water source flowing for weaker Water attacks. While the grass may seem real, the floor is actually made of solid steel. There is no digging or seismic activity as a result.

Summary of Effects: Cycle between Meadow, Swimming Hole, Beach, and Unknown Scenery. Constant weak water source. No Dig / EQ / EP / Magnitude / Fissure.

NOTE: Make sure you have a partner for this!

Hey, I'm a challenger! Let's do
Switch=KO
No items
One ability

Partner, find me!

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
SEEKING CHALLENGE

This state-of-the-art Pokemon battling arena is located within a futuristic dome. The dome is actually a high-tech virtual reality device, capable of creating realistic scenery to depict real-life areas. There are currently four programmed areas of battle: a crisp, breezy meadow, a swimming hole, a sandy beach, and one last unknown vision that will be up to the referee. This last vision, however, has little impact in terms of benefiting or hampering battling Pokemon - this is meant to be a calm atmosphere. The scenery changes every two rounds to a random scenery. Every scenery must be visited at least once before the machine cycles again. There is a constant water source flowing for weaker Water attacks. While the grass may seem real, the floor is actually made of solid steel. There is no digging or seismic activity as a result.

Summary of Effects: Cycle between Meadow, Swimming Hole, Beach, and Unknown Scenery. Constant weak water source. No Dig / EQ / EP / Magnitude / Fissure.

NOTE: Make sure you have a partner for this!
Hey, I'm a challenger! Let's do
Switch=KO
No items
One ability

Partner, find me!
Found you. Let's play.
I guess I'll ref this one as well. PM me three Pokemon, please. I might not update as frequently as before since work is starting to pile up, but I'll try my best.

coolking49, I challenge youuuu!!!!

3v3 Singles
DQ:4 Days
2 uses of recovery/5 chills per pokemon

Arena: Rapture from Bioshock. The structures are mostly metallic and crumbling, and windows are very solid and will NOT break. Occasionally a Trubbish/Garbodor will show up and attack. These pokemon only have 10 Hp,however, as to prevent them from being game deciding.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I'm going to have to request a subsitute referee who can take over for this (Athenodoros vs. Doran Dragon) lovely battle. I've been busy lately and I need to focus a bit more on my social life, so I won't be able to ref this battle. This is a Double Battle for those who are concerned.

Thank you!

Open Challenge (And First Match Seeking)

Mano-yi-Mano (Yay for horrendous misuse of foreign languages!)
Singles
DQ time of 2 days
Standard Restrictions
Elite Four Will's Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)