Challenge Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok cool the new thread! I guess i can dump these here (in hide tags of course)
Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

ok so do i have to repost every comic along with a new one or can people just refer back to the thread in my sig?

Liking the comics Jarardo, you have a cool looking drawing technique.

Anyway, I'm just gunna be annoying and update as often as possible (totally not post count +....)

About to challenge the second gym leader, luckily I haven't had any more deaths.

Aara the Tympole, lv.15
Timid, Hydration
43/18/17/20/19/31
Bubblebeam/Round/Supersonic/Growl

Tehpig the Pignite, lv.17
Bashful, Blaze
59/38/28/32/25/26
Tackle/Flame Charge/Arm Thrust/Defense Curl

Clawz the Drilbur, lv.16
Relaxed, Sand Rush
48/32/23/14/22/27
Fury Swipes/Mud-Slap/Rapid Spin/Metal Claw

Jarardo, that is gold. I promptly went and looked through your art thread. Here's hoping you can get yourself an Excadrill, just so he can be that awesome.

Jarardo, that is gold. I promptly went and looked through your art thread. Here's hoping you can get yourself an Excadrill, just so he can be that awesome.
Ehhh, I had a Drilbur but It died :(

Anyways, in the 3rd gym atm, my only Pokemon is Tehpig, the lv.26ish Pignite... tempted just to switch to a normal run...

My rules:

1. I can only catch a Pokémon after having used a Super Effective move on it.
2. When a Pokémon dies, I have to put it in the box
3. I can only use items I found (So I can not buy items)
4. I can have a maximum of 4 Pokémon in my party
5. I may not grind. REMOVED
6. I have to start with Snivy.(lol)
7. I must nickname all my Pokémon
8. Battle mode is the one where you cannot switch before opponent sends in new poke.

Will start this run tomorrow, I'll post my 'story' later.

My rules:

1. I can only catch a Pokémon after having used a Super Effective move on it.
2. When a Pokémon dies, I have to put it in the box
3. I can only use items I found (So I can not buy items)
4. I can have a maximum of 4 Pokémon in my party
5. I may not grind.
6. I have to start with Snivy.(lol)

Will start this run tomorrow, I'll post my 'story' later.
Interesting twist on the rules.

Anyways, my run was a failure after my Pignite finally died.. now I'm just doing a normal run. It would help if I actually knew the types of the Pokemon :/

@Jarardo Probably don't have to keep reposting them here if they're in your art thread, but you should probably tell us whenever you update in case we forget to check over there. The comics are awesome though, keep it up!

If I can finish up a few assignments quickly enough and make teams for the Omaha and BW Playthrough tourneys hopefully I can get enough time to type up my Diamond update and get around to putting challenges in the OP.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
The problem is some of us like to waste minutes of our life typing up stories. The best part about this thread is reading up people's personal experiences while playing a Nuzlocke. To say something like you did can be degrading to those who put their effort into writing these stories. I mean, what's wrong with writing a story? Your comments lure a negative reaction from people, which is what trolling basically is.
There is a difference between constructive criticism & a negative comment, & your comment was the latter. If you have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything. All you're doing is ruining your reputation on this site.

I'll be doing a nuzlocke of Blue version. Started with Chawmander the Charmander.

My rules are the standard rules plus:

No Pokémon Centre use. All healing must be done with items.

How about you guys just stop arguing (mainly because I want to be top poster :/)
This is starting to get a little off topic so just go about your own separate things...

In Nuzlocke related issues, I am thinking of getting White as well, since I really can't be bothered getting a 3DS anyway, so once I get white I shall start another (sigh) nuzlocke.

actually i said that you need an hour to write stupid and non-vibrant language, to correct your paraphrased version of my criticism.

come on now, let's put this behind us. just be more creative and vibrant in your next entry
Agreed, just do it, starting to get annoying...
Although, to be honest, I called my Lillipup 'Lilly' since I was having difficulty thinking of a nickname.... I called my second Lillipup 'Lilly II'....

Anyways, haven't actually done any work on chapter 3, shall be starting it soon, although school is starting again in a few days so my progress will be slowed...

So this thread has me on the verge of doing a Nuzlocke challenge myself. I got Pokemon White a few days ago but haven't had the chance to play it yet. I'm probably going to start it up for the first time later tonight...really leaning towards doing this as I've never done one before...any final thoughts?!

So this thread has me on the verge of doing a Nuzlocke challenge myself. I got Pokemon White a few days ago but haven't had the chance to play it yet. I'm probably going to start it up for the first time later tonight...really leaning towards doing this as I've never done one before...any final thoughts?!
Just remember you tried your best and have no regrets. You did all you could.

EDIT: Starting Whitelocke now. Jackson the Oshawott lezz go.

This thread has also got me interested in trying one. Don't think it'll be on White as I just started my second playthrough of that. Might do Emerald as I havent played it in ages. If I do I'll start updating within the next few days.

EDIT: Quick question, if I run into a Pokemon before I get pokeballs does that count as my first poke on that route or is it from obtaining pokeballs onwards?

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Stop derailing the thread. Stay on-topic, namely discussing your Nuzlockes or what have you. There were ten posts dedicated to arguing over some stupid flame. If that happens again, more warnings WILL be doled out. Criticism is fine so long as it's phrased civilly, as is discussion of stories/comics/whatever. Just stay on topic.

This thread has also got me interested in trying one. Don't think it'll be on White as I just started my second playthrough of that. Might do Emerald as I havent played it in ages. If I do I'll start updating within the next few days.

EDIT: Quick question, if I run into a Pokemon before I get pokeballs does that count as my first poke on that route or is it from obtaining pokeballs onwards?
Your rules, although usually, yes, that counts as the Pokemon on that route and therefore, can't be caught. But still, over all it depends on how hard you want the challenge to be, that one extra Pokemon (or two) could make a big difference.

Edit: Thanks Vader for that :D

Here's the first Journal Entry on my Nuzlocke Challenge! (First time playing through B/W so this should be interesting...

Here are the rules I've set:

1. If a Pokemon faints, it is dead, and I have to store it in my PC (cannot be used again)
2. I must catch the first Pokemon I see in any route/area. If the first Pokemon I see has already been caught, I may catch the next Pokemon I see in that area.
3. I must nickname every Pokemon I capture.
4. I can only visit a Pokemon Center once a day.
5. No strict rules on items, but I will limit their use as much as possible.
6. I will play on [Shift] battle setting

Recap of Day 1:

I enthusiastically select OSHAWOTT as my first Pokemon and my two friends zealously engage me in battle. Oshawott disposes of Bianca's Tepig with ease...Cheren (who has already begun to rub me the wrong way) gives me quite a scare by bringing Oshawott down to critical health. Luckily, Oshawott gets the KO. 2-0 start on this journey. After getting the details on my journey from Professor Juniper, I finally get to nickname my little guy. Hamilton is his name, but he will be referred to from time to time as Hammy.

Upon entering Route 1, I immediately run into a PATRAT. Patrat hits Hammy with TWO critical hits...my journey is almost over before it begins! Luckily, I get a Poke Ball off in time and catch the feisty sucker. A few minutes of grinding brings Patrat (Chaz) to L5 and Hammy to L7 (Water Gun!).

We arrive to Accumula Town for a much needed rest. My Pokemon get healthy and I pick up some potions from the Mart (I have a feeling I will be needing these quite a bit). We step outside and listen to the mysterious character Ghetsis as he proselytizes the townsfolk on his own unique view of Pokemon relationships...just as I try to regain my bearings on what I just witnessed...f'ning N.

N introduces himself to Cheren and I but there's no time for small talk with N. Nope, straight to business. Catching me completely by surprise, I lead off with Chaz and N's Purrloin proceeds to pummel Patrat with no remorse. Am I going to have my first casualty already??! Chaz BARELY survives with 1HP and I frantically switch into Hamilton. Hamilton exacts revenge for the beating his lil' pal has taken and Water Guns the HECK out of Purrloin for the win. Quite the scare there.

After talking to some more townsfolk, I bounce and head to Route 2. To my pleasant surprise, I run into a PURRLOIN of my own. No difficulties in catching it and I nickname it Scipio. With potions in hand I feel confident enough in taking down the two trainers in the Route and I dispatch them with ease. Chaz learning Bite eases the burden a bit for my overworked Hammy (who is now at Lv10). Content with my training, I head towards Striaton City...

REALLY BIANCA, REALLY? Out of all times, NOW you want an f'ning battle? Chaz is my lead pokemon against her Lillipup but he only has about 40% health. He is able to sustain a hit and get one Bite in before I switch to Scipio. My little Purrloin takes a BEATING as an ill-advised Assist (I was hoping for a BITE to get a STAB bonus or Water Gun) almost spells doom for Scipio. Scipio survives a Tackle with 2HP! and Hamilton comes in for the kill. At this point, I'm shell-shocked at how close my guys have come to biting the dust but Hamilton gloriously KOs Tepig with Water Gun. Whew!

After a long day of battling and some near-fatal close calls, we decide to grab a couple of Potions (can't use the Pokemon Center in Striaton due to rule), heal up, and go to bed.

Hope you guys enjoyed the recap!

Here's how the current team looks:

Hamilton the Oshawott
Lv10 / Mild
Tackle / Tail Whip / Water Gun

Chaz the Patrat
Lv7 / Impish (ugh)
Tackle / Leer / Bite

Scipio the Purrloin
Lv7 / Relxaed
Scratch / Growl / Assist

Just got to Nacrene City and just had my 1st casualty. Conner (Blitzle) random crit right before I got there...

2 Purrloins in my PC (Simba and Scar)

Party:
Elvis - Roggenrolla 11
Kanye - Pansear 13
Jackson - Oshawott 14
Ranger - Patrat 12

Just got to Nacrene City and just had my 1st casualty. Conner (Blitzle) random crit right before I got there...

2 Purrloins in my PC (Simba and Scar)

Party:
Elvis - Roggenrolla 11
Kanye - Pansear 13
Jackson - Oshawott 14
Ranger - Patrat 12
You named your Patrat after me <3
jj

yep my nuzlocke challenge is over...
reason is that you can't catch another pokemon until the next battle with cheren and that way his snivy is just unbeatable...
i managed to pull off three cuts before he kos me with a +3 vine whip...
probably will use my black version for another nuzlocke or a scramble later...now i have to finish my white normal playthrough...

p.s.:sorry vader and actually all guys in this thread...i assure you i will not participate in a conflict again no matter reason and i will just post for nuzlocke purposes...

edit:actually already started a new black nuzlocke...first update coming tonight!

Okay I am doing a Nuzlocke Run of Emerald with these rules

1. If a Pokemon faints, it’s dead and can no longer be used in any capacity.
2. I must catch the first Pokemon I see in any route/area. If the first Pokemon I see has already been caught, I may catch the next Pokemon I see in that area.
3. I must nickname every Pokemon I capture.
4. I can’t go back to a Pokemon Centre after I’ve moved onto the next route.
5. I can only buy 5 potions per mart (banning buying all potions with the poke centre rule would have been too difficult for my first Nuzlocke I think)
6. I will play on Shift setting

First update:

Okay, going well so far. Chose Mudkip as my starter and nicknamed him Kyosuke. I ran into a Poochyena on my way to May on the route she’s on but had no pokeballs. Defeated May thanks to a crit as Kyosuke would have died otherwise.

Went back to route 101 after getting some pokeballs and caught a Wurmple. Nicknamed him Rainbow and trained to level 9 evolving it into a Cascoon in the process

Went to route 102 and caught a Modest Lotad (Awesome luck, very happy and will be gutted if she dies). Nicknamed her Sombrero and trained her a bit before taking on the trainers without trouble until the last trainer’s Shroomish poisoned Sombrero and I didn’t have an antidote. Luckily I had a potion so was able to get her to the next poke centre before she died. Just watched Wally catch his male Ralts and will probably play some more later.

Current Team:

Kyosuke the Mudkip - Lv 8
Rainbow the Cascoon - Lv 9
Sombrero the Lotad - Lv 9

Will update again later today most likely.

BLACK NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE​
SECOND RUN

PART 1

THE RULES
-If a Pokemon in my party faints, I must release it.
-Every time I reach a new route, cave, etc., I can only catch the very first Pokemon I see.
-If I fail to catch the first Pokemon I see, either via it fleeing, knocking it out, or having no Pokeballs, I may not catch another.
-I must nickname my pokemon.
-If my entire party faints, they all must be thrown away. If I have a pokemon left in a box somewhere, I may continue, otherwise I must start my game over.
-I can only use health recovering items while battling(potions and such)(recovers and max are banned).
-Battle style is shift.
-If a run into a shiny i catch it no matter what.I can't let a shiny get away.

Ok this time to avoid any conflicts i will just make typical updates and will only analyze a bit the major battles:
-Started my journey from Nuvema Town.
-Got my first pokemon Smugleaf(yeah i had to use it) the Snivy.
-Battled against my friends Tepig and Oshawott and won easily both with the exact same strategy:
Leer twice and then tackle twice while shrugging of their hits.
-Talked to Mom and Professor Juniper and left for route 1.
-There after seeing how to catch a pokemon once again i caught Azor the Lillipup.

-Reached Accumula Town, listened to Ghetsis' speech and battled against N:
Azor easily beat it with three strong tackles while taking hits like a champ.
-Went to route 2, got some running shoes and ran into a wild Patrat.Didn't catch it in order to save some balls.
-In the end of route 2 i battled Bianca, who Smugleaf easily swept with vine whip.

-Reached Striaton City.
-New battle with Cheren.Easily swept by Azor and his powerful tackles.
-Went to Dreamyard and got Shower the Panpour.
-Swept the trainers with Panpour reached the Leaders and left for grinding in route 2.
-Returned stronger and started my battle:
The red-headed guy lead off with Lillipup i led with Smugleaf.
Started with vine whip he worked up.Lillipup is in 4hko range.
Next turn is a crit vine whip so now Lillipup just works up and is in 2hko range.
Next turn again crit and Lillipup goes down.

Next comes out Pansear.I send out Shower.
I water gun him while he works up.Pansear is in 1hko range.
Next he uses a potion while i water gun once again.He is in 1hko range once again.
Last turn he incinerates doing pathetic damage while i water gun him into oblivion.
First gym badge is mine, seven more to go.

MY TEAM

Smugleaf
Male
Level 12
Overgrow
Naughty
Leer(Best move up to now(lol))
Tackle
Vine Whip
Wrap

Azor
Male
Level 12
Vital Spirit
Quirky
Tackle
Work Up
Bite
Helping Hand

Shower
Male
Level 12
Gluttony
Timid
Scratch
Work Up
Lick
Water Gun

Chieliee's NOT-NUZLOCKE RUN of Black (that's how I'm going to call it)

RULES

NUVEMA TOWN

I had to pick Snivy, as it is one of the rules. Beat Bianca easily. Cheren was no problem as well. Went downstairs and told my mom to clean my room. Find out Snivy's nature........... BOLD........ D:. Checked out Bianca's house, she has a pretty nice house.(but mine is bigger). Named Snivy Neville at Juniper's lab. Somehow Juniper gets the reference and says it's a great name. Damn, this game has great coding, even recognising those references. Pokédex get! I go out of the lab, only to discover that my mom has not yet cleaned my room.... Oh, and she gave me some kind of map.

ROUTE 1

Professor Juniper takes AGES to catch a Patrat. Only get into 1 encounter, with a Lilipup. Can't catch it due to the rules.

ACCUMULA TOWN

Forced to go to the Pokécenter and watch that stupid tutorial thing Can't buy any items, due to the rules. OMG BIANCA DOES NOT OBEY THE RULES. I decided to scratch a rule: #5, the no grinding rule. If I lose my 'good pokes' and am left with something like a level 2 Patrat, beating the E4 might be hard...... So I grind Snivy up to level 7, to learn it Vine Whip

Team right now:

Neville the Snivy (lvl 7)
Bold
Tackle/Leer/Vine Whip

EDIT: 300th post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)