Platinum/HG/SS Battle Frontier and DP Battle Tower Records

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
When will the Battle Subway thread be up? They are out in English now.
I'm planning on getting to 49 by the end of this weekend, and will start today.
Good Luck with your streaks and good luck to everyone else as well.

This platinum frontier topic was opened 13 days after the game´s release in 2009 (I just checked), I´d like to give a bit of time for people to play the game before starting some serious streaks. I know many of you already play the japanese versions and have streaks, but be patient for a few more days.

1. OK now what battle modes are there?

standard single 3-on-3 (dark green line)
standard double battles 4-on-4 (pink line)
standard multi with a real person or in-game trainer as partner (yellow line)
wi-fi double battles with a friend as partner (light blue line)

what´s the difference between normal (simple) and super battles? For the sake of competitiveness, is it really needed to list simple battle records (how simple are they?). I don´t have the game and will get it later this month, in about 20 days.

2. Also are there any ideas about what you would like to have in the new topic? Maybe something like adding BW only streaks (just Unova pkmn).

3. I propose the minimum streak requirements (to make the list) to be set to at least 49 in the single and double battle, I´d rather say 70 for both so the topic doesn´t get spammed with people who beat the masters and stop at 49.

I think 105 as the starting point would be too high (?). I need info (TRE) about the difficulty level for normal attacking teams...How difficult is it to get to 49 in this game?

I´d say the new topic will be opened on thursday if people can´t wait any longer (that´s too soon for my taste) and I´ll be very busy the following two weeks, limiting my time for updates. March 24th would be ideal for me and I will have a lot more time afterwards (if I pass the exam haha omg I´m screwed...have got to go back to learning).

Once again, good luck guys and post whatever helpful information/experience you gather from playing the subway, thanks.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
The light blue line is Wi-Fi Battle Subway which is one player against the CPU using uploaded teams. This is similar to Wi-Fi Battle Tower. It doesn't keep track of a streak anymore, just your current Rank.

Normal Subway uses a weaker set of Pokemon and automatically ends after 21 straight wins. You need to beat it once to unlock the Super version of a Battle Subway. You never need to play normal Battle Subway ever again after you unluck the Super Subway for each mode. Super Battle Subways are like DPP Battle Tower except you fight fully evolved Pokemon from the start. Streaks in the Super Battle Subway don't count the normal Battle Subway so the streaks start at 1.

70 in the Battle Subway is probably equivilant to around 91 in the DPP Battle Tower. It sounds like a reasonable cutoff point to me. A team of 3 non specialized OU Pokemon can probably get to 49 in the Super Battle Subway if you try it a few times. 105 is definitely too high a starting point.

After doing the Battle Subway for a while, I thought I'd have been at 49 long ago, but no. It could be due to the new Pokémon and strategies of the AI, but my recently-switched-to team lost at 23 last time. I'm at #25 right now, but it seems more like 49 is equivalent to 105 in DPPt. I know people will just be trying to beat the Bosses though (that's what they're actually called,) so I suppose 70 works...but there's certainly some theorymon to be done.
EDIT: -_- Lost...at 24...due to a GAME FREEZE. Serious question for the big guys: in the case that one's R4 has a tendency to freeze, would backup saves be allowed, assuming they're deleted right after a loss?

I don't think I'll have time to start playing B/W until April, but just curious and want to ask if the sash DBond Gengar strategies still work decently well? (I don't see why not unless pokemon with non-damaging moves are actually smart enough to spam their non-damaging move to stall out DBond potentially).

Or I guess the more general question would be ... would non-Trick standard teams that did well in DPPt/HGSS still do well in Gen 5?

I don't think I'll have time to start playing B/W until April, but just curious and want to ask if the sash DBond Gengar strategies still work decently well? (I don't see why not unless pokemon with non-damaging moves are actually smart enough to spam their non-damaging move to stall out DBond potentially).

Or I guess the more general question would be ... would non-Trick standard teams that did well in DPPt/HGSS still do well in Gen 5?
I'm in a similar position. My immediate reaction would be that because there are more pokemon in Gen V, and non-trick standard teams rely on match ups to an extent, there will inevitably be more "counters" to each of your pokemon and thereby it will be harder to go on super-long runs. I may be wrong about that, but the general increase in offense should have some carry over effect to the battle subway as well. Also, it will be interesting to see how the B/W AI responds to some of the "exploiting strategies".

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus

You can still spam Destiny Bond until they attack and KO you. Using general sweepers as your team isn't as effective anymore due to lots of Sturdy, Focus Sash and fast Choice Scarfer. You should be able to get at 49 straight wins but may have trouble getting much further without extra planning. Something like Starmie/Tyranitar/Garchomp could probably still get to 100 if you work at it.

Finally got around to adding a picture in the earlier post. Is there anywhere that I can buy a plush pokedoll like the one used in the Substitute animation? I've looked around online and can't seem to find one for sale.

Setting up on Struggles, especially without Yawn, only allows Salamence to get 1-3 DDs. Without Stealth Rock support, how did you handle Focus Sash, Counter Sash and pokemon that Salamence can't OHKO without SR support? Without proper setup, Salamence has to rely on Outrage a lot more, which causes more problems.

You're absolutely right here, and I do everything possible to avoid relying solely on Salamence to sweep. The majority of the time Salamence is setting up, it is setting up on a status move. Maybe another quarter of the time Salamence is setting up on Struggles with Yawn support. Outside of that, it's basically down to hiding behind your Substitute and hope your luck doesn't run out. 2 consecutive Focus Band/Focus Sash/Bright Powder/Lax Incense activations or bad matchups will kill Salamence (or most other sweepers for that matter) eventually, but I've been pretty lucky so far. Plus Drapion is almost always still around to clean up.

I haven't bothered to put much time into the new versions. Gamefreak removed L=A and autorun from Black and White, which kills most of my drive to progress the story. I did dither around the battle subway with a hacked Truant Durant with Befriend a bit to confirm that it works though.

i havent tried a streak as such yet just messing around really, but anyway today whilst battling i came across a starmie which got me thinking about this set idea. (unable to try it myself atm due to unable to get a latias but wondered what people thought anyway)

Latias@ choice scarf
trick
twave
flash/charm
reflect type.

general idea would be to trick the scarf and twave as normal to either hit poke staying in or poke switching in etc. then use reflect type to become resistant to either the move they locked into or there stabs? (unsure if copying a dual type copies both types or one at random mind) then procede to flash/charm away then switch in your set up sweeper?

like i said this completely in theory atm but was wondering if anyone tried it/thinks it would work :)

Would someone be able to post the Pokémon listed by speed or post speed tiers (for the subway)? I know someone did it for DPPtHGSS and it would be awesome so I can find out how many EV's I need to run for my Drizzle team

Hippowdon @ Lum Berry
Careful nature
252 hp/252 spd
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Curse
-Slack Off

Registeel @ Leftovers
Impish
252 hp/rest split in defenses
-Iron Head
-Amnesia
-Curse
-Substitute

Latias @ ???
Timid
252 Sp ATK/ 252 Spe/ 6 whatever
-Calm Mind
-Charm
-Recover
-Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor

Would something like that work for the HGSS Battle Tower? I'm unsure on what item and 4th move I should have on Latias though

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
today was a wonderful day as I passed the bar exam, yeah!!!

the time and work I put behind it to get it done was insane, but it paid off

actually, I´ve never learned so much and so focused in my life before, haha the last week was like 6:30 am waking up and then nothing but law until 10:30 pm with just basic biological needs-breaks in-between...ouch, was learning since feb. 12th, wow

back to business...will get my black version on thursday it seems, ordered it just now...

expect the subway records thread in the next couple of days

thanks TRE for the moveset list

Congrats Peterko!

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but is there any way to see your old streak once you lose in black and white? I don't see a computer display or anything.

You check the VS Recorder to see your streaks in Battle Subway.
Thanks TRE. And thanks again for the moveset list, it's been a huge help.

I've posted my (low) initial records over here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81269&page=7

(105 with Taunt Whimsicott, trick scarf Uxie, and Drapion. 126 with Infernape, Latios, Hydra, Metagross)

Nothing earth-shattering, but hopefully this will spark some discussion. I'll be away for a while, if someone can recopy this to the new thread later that'd be great.

well, i finally got the gold symbol in the factory. it took me 340 hours over about two years, but i did it. it's done. this was the single most onerous and frustrating video game endeavor i have ever undertaken. for what it's worth, the emerald factory took me 5 hours to get a gold symbol in.

final team was set 1 porygon-2, set 1 infernape, set 2 venusaur. for this run, i did not get a single legendary in my opening roster ever, which is quite unfortunate since i swapped the maximum number of times for the first 4 waves. i can't complain however, since even great teams with garchomp and latios will usually lose to a bulky walrein!

i will probably make an in-depth thread chronicling my experiences, chock full of helpful information that i've gathered over a period of 340 hours.

Sorry for bad quality, was taken on my phone.

Okay, just made a new record for Pt/HG/SS Battle Tower Multi (2+2 vs 2+2); in-game trainer as partner. Streak was 57.
Team was :

Machamp@ lum berry
Adamant
Not sure of exact IV's: not flawless but not bad.
252 hp/252 attack/6 speed
DynamicPunch
Ice Punch
Payback
Bullet Punch

General lead machamp, didn't see the point in giving it standard EV's (to ensure it wasnt ohkoed by something) when it wasn't flawless anyway, so just gave it 252/252/6

Metagross @ LO
Adamant
Not sure of exact IV's: not flawless but not bad.
60 hp/252 att/196 speed
Agility
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Thunderpunch

General agiligross I guess

Set was mainly to test out my new Machamp; Metagross went in because of its handy resistance to both of machamp's weaknesses, something my other commonly used steel type, scizor, did not.
Usually went with Mira, because of her strong special attackers, covering my strong physical attackers.
Last fight I went with speed girl whatever her name is, because Mira had alakazam and espeon, both the same typing of pokemon.
Losing fight was Machamp+ Metagross and Ambipom+ Alakazam vs Golduck+ Empoleon and Gallade + Magmortar.

Turn 1
Ambipom shadow clawed Gallade, didnt quite ohko, Gallade ohkoed back with Close combat. Golduck hit Machamp with Psychic, almost koing, Machamp DynamicPunched Golduck, doing about 80%.
In comes Alakazam.

Turn 2
Machamp Bullet Punches gallade for the ko. Alakazam's shadow ball ko's Golduck. Looking good for the win now.
In comes Empoleon and Magmortar. Now, not so much.

Turn 3
Empoleon's quick claw activates, drill peck's Machamp, who faints.
Alakazam Calm mind's, and takes about 95% from Magmortar's Overheat. (Can't remember if white herb activated, doesn't really matter.)

Turn 4
Empoleon's quick claw activates (grrrr) and it koes Alakazam, who dies without achieving anything. Metagross is outsped and dies to overheat from Magmortar.

Kind of annoyed I lost on this one, where I thought I had won harder ones. Oh well, looks like I get to be 4th :o

I figured it was ok to post this here since it's where it's actually supposed to go... My original team was posted on Serebii, here.

Soul Silver Battle Tower Singles: 519

Streak ended February 10th 2011

Palmer1: 15-61213-15828
Palmer2: 40-65423-88565
Battle 117: 14-81672-74000
Battle 303: 48-51073-66323
Battle 520: 62-87645-93075

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
EV's: 252 HP/172 Def/84 Spe
IV's: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Lv. 50 Stats: 186/99/122/150/130/155
Levitate»
~ Trick
~ Flash
~ Memento
~ Thunder Wave

After using Latias for a good I while, I realized how much I missed Memento. Since my Latias had >great defensive IV's I noticed that I was only taking about 2% more damage on Latios in the long run. Spe EV's let him outspeed Garchomp with no Scarf.

Shuckle @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
EV's:252 Atk/252 HP/6 SpD
IV's: 31/31/31/29/30/1
Lv. 50 Stats: 127/68/250/26/250/10
Sturdy»
~ Rest
~ Rock Slide
~ Earthquake
~ Acupressure

This team was built around this little guy. He's by far my favorite pokemon and he served me well. I went with Rock Slide>Stone Edge to avoid PP issues, EQ gives me great neutral coverage and Rest to heal once set up. Acupressure makes him pretty hard to take out without successive crits, so the 2 turns he spends sleeping weren't really a big deal.

Empoleon @ Petaya Berry
Modest Nature
EV's: 252 SpA/204 Spe/36 HP/18 Def
IV's: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Lv.50 Stats: 164/95/110/179/121/106
Torrent»
~ Surf
~ Agility
~ Ice Beam
~ Substitute

This set was created by a friend of mine on Serebii. The Spe EV's let him outpace Electrode after an Agility, SpA is maxed for obvious reasons, the HP EV's allow the berry to activate after 3 Subs and the rest are dumped into Def. STAB Torrent/Petaya Surfs hurt anything without Water Absorb badly and Ice Beam is mainly for grass types.

How I lost:

Reporter Elaine: Raichu3, Slowbro2, Manectric4

Latios Tricks, Raichu Signal Beams, I TWave after he SB's again and then I Memento. Empoleon comes out and Subs. Raichu is fully paralyzed and Empy uses Agility. I use Surf and take a SB, raichu is paralyzed again and Surf KO's. Manectric comes out and I Surf, he survives with little very little HP. He breaks my Sub with Tbolt (crit) and I sub again. He Tbolts again and breaks my Sub. I sub again and activate Petaya, and he breaks my sub with Tbolt. I surf for the KO. Slowbro come out and I'm naked with 41 HP left.I surf for a bit more than 50% and he EQ's for the KO. Shuckle comes out and gets Aqua Tailed leaving him with 48 HP, I EQ for little damage and he KO's with Aqua Tail. Water PKMN in the right place killed the streak. ¬¬

Dammit! The factory is the most aggravating thing ever!!!!

Was progressing pretty nicely on a streak of 33, close to getting through the 5th wave. I currently have Garchomp 4, Zapdos 2 and Blastoise 4, up against a trainer with something random for the first pokemon, followed by Hippowdon 4 and a Lanturn.

First turn, I switch out Chomp for Blastoise, get about 25% damage. KO with Blastoise.

Hippowdon comes out. Easy KO with Hydro Cannon, right? Quick Claw activates, crit Stone Edges KOs Blastoise.

Send Chomp back out - Sandstorm plus SV? Easy win here. Choose EQ first time, expecting to do over 50%. End up damaging Hippowdon ~45%, its EQ doe ~55% damage to Chomp. Choose Outrage for KO, leaves a sliver of health, EQ finishes chomp off.

Zapdos comes out, easy to defeat with Ominous Wind + hope for raising of stats. Quick Claw Stone Edge, Zapdos down to 34 health, KO Hippowdon, SS damage to 15 HP.

Thunderbolt on Lanturn, turns out to be Illuminate ability, Paralyse ~50% damage, Lanturn fully paralyzed....

Killed by residual damage.

F*** the battle factory. I've easily logged around 150 hours trying to beat the friggin thing, hax always screws me over.

Dammit! The factory is the most aggravating thing ever!!!!

Was progressing pretty nicely on a streak of 33, close to getting through the 5th wave. I currently have Garchomp 4, Zapdos 2 and Blastoise 4, up against a trainer with something random for the first pokemon, followed by Hippowdon 4 and a Lanturn.

First turn, I switch out Chomp for Blastoise, get about 25% damage. KO with Blastoise.

Hippowdon comes out. Easy KO with Hydro Cannon, right? Quick Claw activates, crit Stone Edges KOs Blastoise.

Send Chomp back out - Sandstorm plus SV? Easy win here. Choose EQ first time, expecting to do over 50%. End up damaging Hippowdon ~45%, its EQ doe ~55% damage to Chomp. Choose Outrage for KO, leaves a sliver of health, EQ finishes chomp off.

Zapdos comes out, easy to defeat with Ominous Wind + hope for raising of stats. Quick Claw Stone Edge, Zapdos down to 34 health, KO Hippowdon, SS damage to 15 HP.

Thunderbolt on Lanturn, turns out to be Illuminate ability, Paralyse ~50% damage, Lanturn fully paralyzed....

Killed by residual damage.

F*** the battle factory. I've easily logged around 150 hours trying to beat the friggin thing, hax always screws me over.
Lol wow. That's pretty harsh. Factory must not like you, haha! Too bad there's no way to turn off hax, eh?

This has become a relatively obscure battle category, but submitted for approval: As of September 2011, my Diamond Trade-Back Battle Tower doubles streak stands at 238*, with the following team:

Garchomp
Jolly; @ Yache
252 A 252 Spd 4 HP
Earthquake
Rockslide
Dragon Claw
Protect

Zapdos
Timid; @ Lum
252 SA 252 Spd 4 HP
Discharge
Heat Wave
Thunderwave
Detect

Metagross
Jolly; @Shuca
252 HP 252 A 4 Spd
Bullet Punch
Hammer Arm
Explosion
Protect

Abomasnow
Timid; @Focus Sash
4 HP 252 SA 252 Spd
Blizzard
Ice Shard
Grass Knot
Protect

I produced this team for a young friend of mine who wants to get into the VGC this season, and I would recommend a similar team for any beginning player, as it provides a Master’s course in the important aspects of double battles. The team itself borrows heavily from Zerowing’s 2009 Phoenix Regional winning team, with small tweaks to deal with the battle tower. The genius of his original team is not just how simple it is to use, but also how effectively it deals with adversity.

Two special attackers, two physical attackers. Powerful spread moves, powerful STAB spread moves. Priority, disruption, protection… its all there, supplemented with the held items. A lot has been said about this quartet, but I’d like to explain the tweaks I made, and/or explain some choices.

Lum
Effective during the early rounds, when teams of under-evolved pokemon are trolling you with status moves… but really nice in the later rounds when you paralyze a Synchronizer and shed your status.

Yache vs Haban
There are far more Ice Beamers in the tower than there are overall dragon moves. Only a handful of pokemon use dragon moves, and aside from the dragons themselves, I’ve only run across a couple other pokemon that use dragon moves… Kangaskhan and Sceptile come to mind.

Opposing ice types, and ice beam users almost always target Garchomp first. In response, I protect and either Discharge/Heatwave with Zapdos to soften them up for the ensuing round’s Earthquake/Discharge/Heatwave. I’m loath to attach a resistance berry to a 4x weak creature, but with proper piloting, I can sidestep that first Ice Beam with protect and then come back next turn and finish the off the offending pokemon. If the targeted pokemon sheds its Paralysis, I’ll switch into ice-resistant Metagross. Speaking of T-wave…

Thunderwave over Thunderbolt/HP Grass
The team is far more effective when Garchomp survives into the late turns. T-wave is to help her get the crucial KO’s on things that ‘could’ outspeed her. I would definitely work in HP grass if Zapdos had a 5th moveslot. Opposing Wishcash, Quagsire, Swamperts, et al give the starting pair the fits.

Hammer Arm (Explosion) over Meteor Mash
The battle tower seems to favor themed teams, and Hammer Arm ruins cursing Snorlax’s, slacking Slakings, and bulky ice types. Really, when Metagross hits the field, I’ll sometimes need a filler move to offset a partner’s previous protect, so that they can protect next turn while Meta explodes. There’s nothing quite like a well-timed explosion in the face of the OHKO teams.

Focus Sash over Choice Scarf
It took a few soul-crushing streak loses to finally switch to the Focus Sash. Annoying Quick-Claw Stone Edges and fire moves were just like an ill-timed OHKO move. The sash gives the team more versatility, as well as guaranteed survivability. You can usually draw out an attack and protect, then swing back next turn for a KO.

A few things to remember when piloting this team through the Diamond Battle Tower, and please understand that the phrase ‘almost always’ does apply… the tower has been known to do some uncharacteristic stuff:

Rock and Fire Types Target Zapdos
Rampardos, Rhyperior, Golem, Arcanine, Typhlosion, and their like, will always target Zapdos. Detect and then Earthquake. If you’re confident that there’s no Quick Claw in play, EQ then Discharge/Heatwave the following turn.

Psychic Types Target Garchomp with… Psychic
The non Ice-Beaming psychics… Metagross, Alakazam, Gardevoir, and their like seem to always target Garchomp with Psychic.

The Tower Will Target the Pokemon with the Lower HP
You can count on the tower to double target a low HP pokemon, allowing you to protect, therein drawing out the attacks, and hit back in force.

The Tower Will Hit Its Own to Get to You
The tower will use Explosion and Earthquake, as well as Surf to get to you. Let it. Recognize those pokemon that would do this and take advantage of them.

A List of Problems
1. The Water-Ground types
You really want Abomasnow’s Grass Knot for these guys, but sometimes it’s difficult to switch him in… what with all the Fissures they pack. Protect with Garchomp and switch in Abomasnow for Zapdos… the tower won’t have targeted Zapdos with Fissure. Grass Knot the Fissure-mon, and switch in Zapdos for Garchomp. You’ll likely score a KO, as the tower may have targeted Garchomp.

2. Ice Teams
Worst. Case. Scenario. There’s nothing worse than seeing an Ace Trainer come out, wearing their snow-parkas, and they pack it all. Quick Claws, Bright Powders, Sheer Colds… not to mention that the Blizzard glitch is still in effect within the Diamond tower. It’s all bad, but you can overcome this with some luck, and your piloting skills. Try switching out Garchomp for Metagross, while you Heat Wave with Zapdos. Or if you want to scout, protect first turn with Garchomp. If you’re lucky, none of your team will have been OHKO’d, and you’ll be able to clean up with Heat Wave/Bullet Punch/Detect/Explosion.

3. OHKO Moves
There’s almost nothing you can do about these. The tower decides what to target, and when the moves will hit. You’ll have a harder time with Horn Drill, Sheer Cold, and Guillotine, as the tower won’t target Zapdos with Fissure. Use that to your advantage. Recognize pokemon like Gliscor and Crawdaunt will carry Guillotine. Ice types like Walrein, Lapras, and Glalie will carry Sheer Cold. Ground types and Tauros will carry Fissure, and pokemon with horns will carry Horn Drill. No joke. I’ve soaked up several from Rhyperior and Rapidash. Stupid OHKO moves.

Problems aside, this really is a good team for tower negotiation. I think any long tower streak is a product of several smaller streaks spent learning the tower’s tendencies… one day you’ll put it all together, avoid the crits and the hax, and find yourself sitting on a nice pile of wins.

EDIT:

The streak came to an end last night at 326, and here’s how, supplemented with ‘Should Haves’…

The tower started with Claydol and Bronzong… a combination that really doesn’t hurt my leads, but walls them at the same time.

Turn 1: Garchomp Dragon Claws Claydol, and Zapdos Heat Waves. Claydol goes just above 50 percent, Heat Wave misses Bronzong, and he uses Calm Mind. (!) Claydol Ice Beams Garchomp, and brings her to the deep yellow.

Levitate Bronzong is always a problem. It can do any number of things, but my feeling here is that I want to put as much damage on the board as possible to get rid of Claydol and allow Zapdos to Discharge away.

Claydol is also tricky… it can explode, and can target either of my leads with super effective attacks, (Ice Beam & Stone Edge) I should have protected Garchomp first turn, but I risked the 60/40 chance that Claydol wouldn’t target her.

Turn 2: Garchomp protects, Zapdos Heat Waves. Claydol goes into the deep yellow, and Bronzong goes to about 75 percent. Claydol’s Ice Beam is blocked by Garchomp’s protect, and Bronzong uses Calm Mind again. (!!)

Great. Barring a crit, Bronzong isn’t going anywhere. I should have brought in Abomasnow for Zapdos here, as the tower was ignoring it. But, this is where my sense left me…

Turn 3: Garchomp Dragon Claws Bronzong, Zapdos uses Heat Wave. Claydol = Gone. Bronzong in the deep yellow, Bronzong uses Psychic on Garchomp. Garchomp = Gone.

I should have switched in Metagross here to take that Psychic, and save Garchomp for another day, but the Bronzong had me rattled. With Garchomp gone… and really, being down one fodder pokemon is what hurt… with her gone, it forced my hand, but I’m still not in a bad place.

Turn 4: I send out Metagross, the tower sends out Slowbro. Metagross protects, Zapdos uses Discharge. Slowbro is at 40 percent, Bronzong into the DEEP red. Then…

Slowbro Twisted the Dimensions! (!!!) Bronzong used Rest + Chesto (!!!!),

I should have exploded right here. That would have left a full health Zapdos + a full health Abomasnow against the tower’s #4. Stupid human error. First turn of Trick Room.

Turn 5: Bronzong uses Psychic on Metagross leaving it at 60 percent. Slowbro Ice Beam’s Zapdos to 30 percent. Metagross Hammer Arms Bronzong, Zapdos uses Heat Wave. Bronzong = 70 percent, Heat Wave misses Slowbro. Second turn of Trick Room.

The damage to Slowbro would have been inconsequential. But I know now that the explosion won’t take down Bronzong.

Turn 6: Zapdos Detects. Ice Beam and Psychic from Slowbro and Bronzong are blocked, Metagross explodes. Slowbro = Gone, Bronzong = 30 percent. Third turn of Trick Room.

Zapdos is doomed. It can’t take another hit and hit back, and without the speed advantage, I’m just hoping that the tower sends out something weak to ice…

Turn 7: I send out Abomasnow, the tower sends out Gallade. Zapdos falls to Bronzong’s Psychic, Abomasnow goes to 60 percent with Gallade’s Psycho Cut. Abomasnow’s Blizzard does 49 percent damage to Gallade, and puts Bronzong in the red. Fourth turn of Trick Room.

To Detect or to not Detect, that is the question. If Zapdos gets off a second Detect, I win, because it’s being double targeted. But I chose to try to T-wave the Gallade (on the off chance that the fighter would have used a fighting type move on 'snow) to set up Abomasnow for post-TR. So now it’s Abomasnow vs. the World. But first…

Turn 8: Abomasnow uses protect. Gallade’s Psycho Cut and Bronzong’s Psychic are blocked. Abomasnow = 60 percent. After hail damage, Gallade goes to 40 percent, Bronzong in the DEEP red. The twisted dimensions returned to normal!

Sweet! I can take another psycho cut from Gallade, and they’ll both fall to Blizzard. So here we go!

Turn 9: Gallade uses Brick Break.

Wait, you mean a tower streak can come to an end NOT due to hax, but rather the gross incompetence of the human?

Why not explode? Why not protect Garchomp first turn? Why protect during the last turn of Trick Room?

Stupid Human.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...93188_100001846980549_472891_1698292055_n.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)