Uber Walls Discussion thread, Lugia and Chansey owned the poll.

Which is the best Wall in Ubers?

• Total voters

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You may have noticed I voted for all of them.

That is because I do not believe there is a best wall. All of these walls are tailored to wall and do different things, and each has enough advantages/disadvantages over each other so that each one is worth using. (And you usually stack walls on stall teams anyway.)

It's fine if you voted for all of them, you are Fireburn afterall -.-

I just wanted to see whether people picked Chansey or Blissey for their team. Please, using both the pink blobs is just plain stupid because they counter the exact same thing. I liked the idea of combos like RayMence, but when I tried Blissey and Chansey on the same team, they sucked, I rather have another wall or a choiced user in Stall teams.

Fireburn said:
That is because I do not believe there is a best wall. All of these walls are tailored to wall and do different things, and each has enough advantages/disadvantages over each other so that each one is worth using. (And you usually stack walls on stall teams anyway.)
Well each wall have their own niche but wait, sometimes their roles are overlapped. An example will be Lugia and Cresselia. Cresselia lacks the nasty Ice and Electric weakness, but it isn't enough to prevent her from being outclassed. Most players picked Lugia I think, because they stop similar threats. Lugia can abuse entry hazards by itself and will not be set up bait due to Dragon Tail or Whirlwind. Cresselia on the other hand is abused a lot easier.

There is one thing that I think you could pair up Chansey and Blissey for. Chansey can be the hardcore physical wall, Blissey can be the supporter/special wall. An oft-overlooked move in their movepool is Charm, and if you dedicated Chansey as the "physical" wall while letting Blissey take special hits, you might be able to accomplish a lot with it (relying on entry hazard damage and Blissey to tank Kyogre's Water Spout).

Chansey @ Evolite
252 HP/252 Def/4 Spe
Bold / Natural Cure

Charm
Light Screen/Toxic/Wish
Snatch
Softboiled

You'd have to play very conservatively with it, using Charm as your primary move to catch switch-ins hoping to scare you off, then proceeding to stall them out. Toxic and Seismic Toss aren't technically that important, as anything that would taunt it will hardcore beat any set Chansey could run anyway. This also gives you a legitimate way to beat out rest-talkers that would be able to remove Toxic, as you can Snatch away their Rest and switch out, removing Sleep. This could hardcore stall out even things like RestTalk+CM Kyogre, as you can not only charm switch-ins, you can Snatch its Calm Minds and even Rest! You can also stall Dialga out of PP via alternating between Charm and Snatch, stealing its boosts along the way with it just relying on a crit to penetrate your defenses and giving you an opportunity to set up something of your own.

Here's some calcs to show I'm not completely crazy for suggesting Chansey as a physical 'wall' (assuming you use Charm on the switch, 252/252 Bold with Evolite):

-2 Adamant LO Lucario Close Combat: (36.08% - 42.90%)
-2 Garchomp Outrage: (19.18% - 22.59%)
-2 CB Medicham HJK (power scale calc, as there is NO stronger fighting attack than this): (80.11% - 94.60%)
+0 Normal Arceus Extremespeed: (25.57% - 30.26%)
+0 Bulk Up Dialga Critical Hit Outrage (assume you've Charmed it to +0 or lower and it crits through its negative attack modifier): (57.10% - 67.33%)

Since there is no unboosted fighting-type attack that can 1hko Chansey if they switch into Charm, Chansey is free to spam Charm and recover with Softboiled while forcing switches as their physical attackers realize that they can't actually muscle through it. The difficulty is getting the entry hazards down in the first place, but chansey+gira O would do a good job of walling most things. Light Screen would help you stall out CM+psycho break mewtwo as it dies to Toxic damage, and having two recovery moves would help you last longer while also being able to provide team support.

Actually this poll should have had Steel Arceus as an option; in addition to providing a Dragon resist, it can check non-Jolly LO variants of the Extreme Killer and SD Ghost variants (assuming WoW hits) and virtually every physical attacker.

kenshiro said:
There is one thing that I think you could pair up Chansey and Blissey for. Chansey can be the hardcore physical wall, Blissey can be the supporter/special wall.
Sure you could use both together, but that Chansey isn't a physical wall, that's a lure for physical attackers. Charm annoys physical attackers but you cannot switch in on them. A Wall should be able to come in on the attacker and either kill or phaze it. Can you give a GOOD team featuring the two blobs? Some logs will be nice.

I rather use Lugia or Groudon as the supporting physical wall. Using Chansey as a physicall wall is bad, but you can use Charm to soften physical hits. Also if you use that Chansey set, she can still wall any special attacker not named Specs Kyogre or Reshiram. Using Blissey will be wasted in this case. The calculations are fine but that is assuming they switch in on you not the other way round. As a wall it needs to switch in on the sweeper to threaten it.

An example will be Groudon coming in on Rayquaza. Groudon can immediately threaten Rayquaza with Stone Edge or Dragon Tail. Rayquaza can choose to Outrage Groudon but die to Stone Edge or switch and risks getting phazed by Dragon Tail.

Actually this poll should have had Steel Arceus as an option; in addition to providing a Dragon resist, it can check non-Jolly LO variants of the Extreme Killer and SD Ghost variants (assuming WoW hits) and virtually every physical attacker.
Arceus-Normal can check all Extremkiller versions, regardless of nature. Also a +2 Earthquake will hurt Steel Arceus even after a burn.
Skarmory and Arceus Normal counters SD Ghost Arceus better. I did put Other Arceus as an option. There are too many Arceus forms to put in.

guanlong said:
virtually every physical attacker.
False. SD Garchomp and Groudon can still 2HKO you after the burn. DD Rayquaza can set up as you switch in and OHKO with Earthquake. Bulk Up Dialga can freely set up on Steel Arceus lacking Roar. Heracross OHKOes you with Close Combat and doesn't fear a burn due to Guts.

Ever heard of Ho-Oh? It takes nothing from Judgment and is immune to Will-O-Wisps. Sacred Fire will roast Steel Arceus. Blaziken can OHKO Steel Arceus easily with the dual STABS and is immune to burn.

Steel Arceus sure is a capable wall but you overrated it a bit. Normal Arceus is probably better as a physical wall.

Yeah, I forgot Ho-Oh... But against SD Groudon, can't Arceus just CM as it Swords Dances then KO with +1 Judgement? Groudon can't outrun Arceus and KO unless it has had 2 free turns or is under screens?

+1 Judgment can't OHKO. If you are using CM, then I don't think it is a wall.

It is a Bulky Sweeper then! Also this is assuming you come in on Groudon. Since a wall is coming in on a sweeper, Arceus has to come in on Groudon. Steel Arceus couldn't do that.
Steel Arceus is really bulky but I don't think it works well as a wall, more like a bulky booster.

+1 Judgment can't OHKO. If you are using CM, then I don't think it is a wall.

It is a Bulky Sweeper then! Also this is assuming you come in on Groudon. Since a wall is coming in on a sweeper, Arceus has to come in on Groudon. Steel Arceus couldn't do that.
Steel Arceus is really bulky but I don't think it works well as a wall, more like a bulky booster.
Ah, then thanks for clearing up the misconception. But I still think that one of (maybe the most) important criteria for grading an Ubers wall (not named Blissey or Chansey) is its ability to survive a +2 Extreme Killer ES and cripple the opposing Arceus. I suppose Multi-Scale Lugia can do that rather simply and just Dragon Tail the Arceus out, but it won't like Shadow Force. Ghost/Steel Arceus would also check it pretty well, I suppose.

Shadow Force is Arceus's most powerful physical move but Lugia can foil that by Reflecting on the charging turn. Shadow Force is fairly easy to play around.

+2 Shadow Force will OHKO Ghost Arceus though so it needs to be faster. Having an unfortunate Dragon weakness will hamper most walls. Most walls other than Giratina probably suck if they have a Dragon weakness because Dragon types are so common in Ubers.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Bliss doesnt need defense to be honest, and losing leftovers recovery and less hp makes chansey a pink whore, blissy is still the top bitch gen 5.

under other arceus forms: steel arcues anyone? or for that matter any bulkier arcues build with will-o wisp and calm mind. Good luck breaking that without toxic, owaitsteelcantbetoxiced1.

To me an ubers wall has to have utility, that is: it has to be somewhat threatening offensively to still be good defensively, thats why giratina is so good, and (imo) lugia is so weak. Giratina in addition to spin blocking also threatens nearly every uber with dragon stabs, lugia on the other hand has very unfortunate stabs and is weak to sr. Giratina can also phaze, though not on the same degree that Lugia can. giratina has access to will o wisp which is in most cases a superior reflect. on top of this Giratina runs a reliable rest talk. Lugia can avoid this, but in doing so loses a valuable move slot that could go to toxic, or reflect/light screen.

However, as trickroom so aptly pointed out, lugia does wall the prolific rayquaza and haban berry chomp that are so very threatening on the current standard ubers ladder. Lugia can also be put on a stall team, were it wont be set up fodder for everything with taunt (and darkrai). This is good because stall teams use entry hazards which makes lugia's one truly outstanding utility (whirlwind) worth using.

for reference:
19:07 trickroom: Lugia isn't fit for non stal lteams

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Steel Arceus is noob. Use Rock Arceus instead. Hey look I'm a Calm Mind Arceus that kicks Ho-oh's ass to the fifth dimension, and I get make Reshiram my bitch! Good luck trying to beat me without using Doryuuzu or Toxic.

To me an ubers wall has to have utility, that is: it has to be somewhat threatening offensively to still be good defensively, thats why giratina is so good, and (imo) lugia is so weak.
When you are using general walls, that team should be a stall team lol. Also, Stall teams give the right support for Lugia. Giratina is so good? I would say it sucks compare to Lugia in terms of walling.

As much as I like Giratina, Lugia is still MUCH better than Giratina if you are looking for a wall. So, what major advantages Giratina has while Lugia doesn't? Spin block? Enjoy Forretress setting up on you.

Lugia is weak, I accept that. However, Lugia doesn't need to hit hard, just by phazing the opponent and waiting for them to die from passive damage is all Lugia needs. Ice Beam kills just the right things, Rayquaza, Garchomp and harms Zekrom or Groudon.

Giratina in addition to spin blocking also threatens nearly every uber with dragon stabs, lugia on the other hand has very unfortunate stabs and is weak to sr.
In exchange for those, Lugia lacks a Dragon weakness, hello any Dragon sweeper to bash Giratina? Also the only Dragon STAB walling Giratina is using is Dragon Tail. Giratina's Dragon Tail can't even break Ho-Oh's Substitute, lol, is that what you consider strong? Lugia doesn't need STABs, also Giratina is weak to damaged by Stealth Rock and hurt by Spikes and Toxic Spikes It's worse when Giratina cannot touch Forretress who Giratina is suppose to be spin blocking. Forretress gets all the free layers if Giratina comes in.

giratina has access to will o wisp which is in most cases a superior reflect. on top of this Giratina runs a reliable rest talk
That's not always the case. Will-O-Wisps fail if the opponent is paralysed or poisoned. Also, Reflect supports the entire team from physical attacks instead of one attacker. Oh, Will-O-Wisps has a shaky accuracy as well, you won't like missing 25% of the time. Reliable Resttalk set? This means Giratina lacks recovery and is forced to run that strategy. The lack of reliable healing sucks hard for Giratina, any move that 3HKOEs Giratina means Giratina loses. An example will be LO Ho-Oh who can 3HKO Giratina while Lugia can stall out Ho-Oh with Reflect, Toxic and Roost.

Bliss doesnt need defense to be honest, and losing leftovers recovery and less hp makes chansey a pink whore, blissy is still the top bitch gen 5.
Jokes. Most people switch to their physical attacker when they see Blissey. Blissey comes in on Palkia for little damage, and the opponent switches to Groudon. Now, Blissey is threatened. If it is Chansey, she can stay in and stall out Groudon. Also Mixed Attackers such as Dialga and Palkia have an easier time breaking Blissey than Chansey. Many special attackers carry physical moves to suprise Blissey but in Chansey's case, that will not be so painful. Chansey can survive 2 Outrages from Garchomp, while Blissey is always killed in 2 hits. Oh, the HP lost is insignificant, when you have 641 HP.

under other arceus forms: steel arcues anyone? or for that matter any bulkier arcues build with will-o wisp and calm mind. Good luck breaking that without toxic, owaitsteelcantbetoxiced1.
Steel Arceus stops what? It is a bulky booster like what I said to guanlong. Steel Arceus cannot come in on Groudon, Garchomp, Ho-Oh, Rayquaza. Reshiram, Kyogre, non choiced Palkia, Zekrom, Mewtwo and all SD Arceus variants.

A wall should be coming on a threat not letting a threat come in to threaten you lol.

Steel Arceus is noob. Use Rock Arceus instead. Hey look I'm a Calm Mind Arceus that kicks Ho-oh's ass to the fifth dimension, and I get make Reshiram my bitch! Good luck trying to beat me without using Doryuuzu or Toxic.
Steel Arceus actually beats Rock Arceus one-on-one. Also Fighting and Ground Arceus will eventually beat Rock Arceus in a Calm Mind war. Kyogre changes weather and drowns Rock Arceus. About Ho-Oh and Reshiram, that's what make Rock Arceus so unique. Heracross can come in and beat Rock Arceus too.

. Lugia can also be put on a stall team, were it wont be set up fodder for everything with taunt (and darkrai)
False, Lugia can Dragon Tail out the Taunter. Taunt fails to stop Lugia from phazing in this gen. What uses Taunt in Ubers now? No, Mewtwo please, the Psystrike CM Set is way too useful. Heatran? Skarmory? and what? Those two steels are as rare as Diamonds in Ubers currently. Heatran is slowly raising in popularity but it is RARE at the moment.

This is good because stall teams use entry hazards which makes lugia's one truly outstanding utility (whirlwind) worth using.
Wrong, Lugia is the best phazer in the game, walls the Mixed attackers such as Dialga and Rayquaza, has Roost or Recover, Pressure to PP stall out moves. Lugia can use Dual Screens to support the entire team, checks a large portion of the metagame, Lugia can also sweep unpreprared teams with Calm Mind. Calm Mind + Psychock allows Lugia to beat Calm Mind Kyogre and Blissey.

This thread is also for walls commonly seen in slower teams lol, so you can't say Lugia is useless while Giratina is very useful. Using Giratina outside of stall is just plain stupid. Also, I find Lugia to be more useful than Giratina because Giratina hides whenever he sees any Dragon sweeper lol. Fleeing from Palkia, Dialga, Rayquaza, Reshiram and pretty much any powerful dragons is a horrible weakness Giratina has.

Judging from the votes Lugia is the preferred wall on their defensive teams. I believe most people can understand you should provide Spikes support for Lugia in order to fully abuse Lugia's potential which is walling and phazing. Chansey is winning Blissey so far in terms of votes so Chansey is probably better now.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Rock Arceus on a Sandstorm team and with Will-O-Wisp is going to ruin your life if you lack Kyogre. ;~;

Also trickroom, you forgot to mention Ho-Oh in the poll. -.-

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
When you are using general walls, that team should be a stall team lol. Also, Stall teams give the right support for Lugia. Giratina is so good? I would say it sucks compare to Lugia in terms of walling.

the title of this thread is not what pokemon to use in a stall team, its what pokemon to wall ubers with. i am by no means saying giratina is a force to be reckoned with in ubers that is going to wall entire teams (though i think that it is more of a threat to most teams than lugia). I was using giratina as an example of something that fills the same role as lugia, but brings more utility. Instead of saying things like "you said giratina is sooo good" (which i did say) please give me credible reasons to use lugia over giratina, I have no illusions about giratina, it is limited, but my point in my post was that giratina is not so limited as lugia.

As much as I like Giratina, Lugia is still MUCH better than Giratina if you are looking for a wall. So, what major advantages Giratina has while Lugia doesn't? Spin block? Enjoy Forretress setting up on you.

forry also sets up on lugia, your argument is stupid, at least my entry hazards will still be up when forry starts setting up on me, yours will just be spun away. We both now that if you reply to this your going to say that you can switch out forry to a spin blocker, thats a fine thing to say, but please for the present lets not assume what we are using to support a specific wall and lets let the walls stand alone.

Lugia is weak, I accept that. However, Lugia doesn't need to hit hard, just by phazing the opponent and waiting for them to die from passive damage is all Lugia needs. Ice Beam kills just the right things, Rayquaza, Garchomp and harms Zekrom or Groudon.

again, this is not a thread to discuss team styles, this paragraph only highlights the limitedness of lugia as in when you said lugia was weak.

Jokes. Most people switch to their physical attacker when they see Blissey. Blissey comes in on Palkia for little damage, and the opponent switches to Groudon. Now, Blissey is threatened. If it is Chansey, she can stay in and stall out Groudon. Also Mixed Attackers such as Dialga and Palkia have an easier time breaking Blissey than Chansey. Many special attackers carry physical moves to suprise Blissey but in Chansey's case, that will not be so painful. Chansey can survive 2 Outrages from Garchomp, while Blissey is always killed in 2 hits. Oh, the HP lost is insignificant, when you have 641 HP.

do people even use chomp, anymore, regardless, of whether they do or do not, prediction (that is what i interpret "surprise blissey" to mean) is a failed argument because if you can surprise using prediction, i can predict your surprises to my advantage just as easily.

Steel Arceus stops what? It is a bulky booster like what I said to guanlong. Steel Arceus cannot come in on Groudon, Garchomp, Ho-Oh, Rayquaza. Reshiram, Kyogre, non choiced Palkia, Zekrom, Mewtwo and all SD Arceus variants.

Functionally, steel arceus can come in on dialga, on the popular choiced palkia, on resisted moves from slower pokemon, and on most dragon types. though when it does decide to boost it is a boosting tank, it can also function as a wall when appropriate through the standard procedure of will o wisp +recover. It should not be disqualified just because it is versatile

Steel Arceus actually beats Rock Arceus one-on-one. Also Fighting and Ground Arceus will eventually beat Rock Arceus in a Calm Mind war. Kyogre changes weather and drowns Rock Arceus. About Ho-Oh and Reshiram, that's what make Rock Arceus so unique. Heracross can come in and beat Rock Arceus too.

lol heracross, is this supposed to be a serious discussion

I voted Blissey and Lugia.

Blissey and Chansey are almost interchangeable in my opinion due to the lack of Sandstorm and thus one less for of passive damage to make the loss of Leftovers noticeable. By the same token though, they are a definite advantage for Blissey in conjunction with Protect. I am generally wary around LO Dialga or Palkia regardless, as well as Rayquaza, so mixed sweepers aren't as big of a deal in my experience.

Lugia is ahead of the other walls by leaps and bounds, however, when it comes to general walling. Normal Arceus may have Will-o-Wisp and significant bulk, but Lugia has immunity to [Toxic] Spikes, also has access to Recover, can mimic WoW with Reflect, and has the speed it needs to outrun what it should be walling (the only things between it and Arceus are the Lati twins, really, who can crush Lugia with Thunder anyway). On top of that, it has Pressure (significant in a tier with various 8 PP moves), just enough SpA to hit what it needs to, and MultiScale as an option once it is released from the Dream World. The other walls don't compare as they have far more exploitable weaknesses: Groudon's SpD, Skarm's SpD, Giratina-A's weaknesses, Arceus-N's lesser typing + ability, SteelCeus's weaknesses, etc.

the title of this thread is not what pokemon to use in a stall team, its what pokemon to wall ubers with. i am by no means saying giratina is a force to be reckoned with in ubers that is going to wall entire teams (though i think that it is more of a threat to most teams than lugia). I was using giratina as an example of something that fills the same role as lugia, but brings more utility. Instead of saying things like "you said giratina is sooo good" (which i did say) please give me credible reasons to use lugia over giratina, I have no illusions about giratina, it is limited, but my point in my post was that giratina is not so limited as lugia.

How does Giratina share the same role as Lugia? Giratina loses to all the Dragon sweepers whereas Lugia stops Rayquaza, Garchomp, Palkia and other Dragon types. Using Giratina means you lose to pretty much any Dragon attacker. Lugia can also give team support to the entire team with screens, ask Giratina to do that. How does Giratina threaten other teams more than Lugia? It's not like Giratina can hurt much things. Also, most offensive teams carry Dragon sweepers who can easily kill Giratina but not Lugia.

forry also sets up on lugia, your argument is stupid, at least my entry hazards will still be up when forry starts setting up on me, yours will just be spun away. We both now that if you reply to this your going to say that you can switch out forry to a spin blocker, thats a fine thing to say, but please for the present lets not assume what we are using to support a specific wall and lets let the walls stand alone.

Ok, fine Forretress sets up on Lugia. You said Giratina can spin block which is good but as a spin blocker you don't want to get set up on something you are suppose to block. All I want to say here is Giratina sucks as a spin blocker but do better as a wall. Anyway that's irrelevant with the Lugia topic here. Also, Lugia can drop Whirlwind + Ice Beam for Dragon Tail and Weather Ball. Thanks to Roost, Lugia does not need to use the inefficient Resttalk. Weather Ball or Hidden Power Fire in the sun will kill Forretress. Giratina cannot drop any attack because it is forced to use Rest and Sleep Talk.

again, this is not a thread to discuss team styles, this paragraph only highlights the limitedness of lugia as in when you said lugia was weak.

Limitedness? Lugia can phaze like a champ and heal off easily. That's everything you want from a wall. Lugia can also set up screens and do something instead of just sitting there Resting like Giratina lol. Burn? Since stall is used with Toxic Spikes, good luck Burning non Steel things. Also Giratina cannot fit in non stall teams and is even worse than Lugia.

do people even use chomp, anymore, regardless, of whether they do or do not, prediction (that is what i interpret "surprise blissey" to mean) is a failed argument because if you can surprise using prediction, i can predict your surprises to my advantage just as easily.

Really? It makes Chansey having to switch in and out less or eases prediction. Also Reshiram can 2HKO Blissey but not Chansey. And yeah, Garchomp is still fairly common with its Scarf set, probably because it can defeat and outspeeds most offfensive Dragons. It also allows Chansey to stay in on Support Groudon's Earthquake and Toxic it without the risks of getting 2HKOed.

Functionally, steel arceus can come in on dialga, on the popular choiced palkia, on resisted moves from slower pokemon, and on most dragon types. though when it does decide to boost it is a boosting tank, it can also function as a wall when appropriate through the standard procedure of will o wisp +recover. It should not be disqualified just because it is versatile

Come in on Dialga? Enjoy a Fire Blast to the face. Unless it's raining you do not want to take that. Steel Arceus cannot hurt Dialga either who will just Roar you out. Also you set up on Palkia stucked on Dragon moves only. Fire Blast, Surf will hit you for large damage if you switch in on it without any Calm Minds. Thunder will paralyse you and Steel Arceus will not want it's Speed reduced to less than Forretress's.

lol heracross, is this supposed to be a serious discussion

Heracross is still seen in Ubers because it can revenge kill a lot of things. Yes, this is a serious discussion. In fact, Heracross is added to the Ubers threat list.
Icyman also highlighted Lugia's advantage over other walls, so do I need to expand on it?

Fireburn, sorry for not adding Ho-Oh in the poll :P Most of the walls are physical walls, but Ho-Oh can BURN ALL. Ho-Oh cannot come in on physical threats in the end but it does walls a lot so I admit I forgotten to add it X__X. Unlike Dialga, Ho-Oh can spread burns, much Specially bulkier, stops a lot of threats and has Roost or Recover to regain health so it definitely suits the poll.

About Rockceus, you overrated it a bit :(

Fightceus and Groundceus both beat Rockceus in a Calm Mind War. Blissey and Chansey can come in take anything and Toxic Rock Arceus to death. Groudon can still beat Rock Arceus if it has Swords Dance. +2 LO Earthquake still 2HKOes through burn.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I went with Blissey because it can actually use an offensive attack, Lugia and Giratina because they're brilliantly good Pressure stallers, and Arceus-Ghost because it is a very good spinblocker, ranking alongside the lieks of Giratina-O.

For the record I used to run RestTalk Heracross with Flame Orb + Megahorn + Close Combat just to counter Darkrai.

Heracross is still viable for Uber play, being one of the most effective Darkrai counters. According to PO, Darkrai is currently the most used Pokemon in Uber(although there are a lot of troll Zekrom sets, which put it to #4 in usage wth)

Why are you using Resttalk and Flame Orb? With Flame Orb you will no longer be affected by Dark Void and if you Rest, it's free set up time for Darkrai.

Yes, Heracross is still useful in Ubers and it can OHKO Mewtwo with Calm Mind regardless of Calm Minds.

Bare in mind this is a discussion for walls, not Heracross or Darkrai.

Why are you using Resttalk and Flame Orb? With Flame Orb you will no longer be affected by Dark Void and if you Rest, it's free set up time for Darkrai.

Sleep Talk. I have a 2/3 chance to OHKO Darkrai with either Megahorn or CC(ok, it's slightly lower than 2/3, seeing as Megahorn as imperfect accuracy). Flame Orb allows Hera to actually do something else other than being a Darkrai counter.

Yes, Heracross is still useful in Ubers and it can OHKO Mewtwo with Calm Mind regardless of Calm Minds.

TBH every Hera vs Mewtwo matchup I've faced involved Mewtwo frying Hera with Flamethrower/Fire Blast. :/

Bare in mind this is a discussion for walls, not Heracross or Darkrai.
whoops

If Heracross is burned, he cannot be put to sleep. Why are you using Rest and Sleep Talk together with Flame Orb? Heracross doesn't need Flame Orb to do something else, it can just use a Scarf set with Sleep Talk to beat Darkrai instead of using a gimmicky set,

Obviously Heracross cannot come in on super effective attacks but he can switch in on Aura Sphere, Ice Beam, Calm Mind and Shadow Ball. With the help of Choice Scarf, Heracross can outspeed and OHKO Mewtwo with Megahorn.

Chansey has several more votes than Blissey at the moment. Lugia appears to be the most selected wall, probably due to it's bulkiness on both sides, ability to phaze and set up Dual Screens.

If Heracross is burned, he cannot be put to sleep. Why are you using Rest and Sleep Talk together with Flame Orb? Heracross doesn't need Flame Orb to do something else, it can just use a Scarf set with Sleep Talk to beat Darkrai instead of using a gimmicky set,
Rest is to restore Hera's HP and Sleep Talk is to ensure he isn't useless. Guts still activates while Hera is snoring. >_>

anyway discussion veered too much.

I don't understand why Chansey has more votes than Blissey. What exactly does it not get 2HKO'd by that Blissey does? Furthermore Chansey lacks Lefties recovery, which helps in the event that you face the odd SS/Hail team in ubers.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Rest is to restore Hera's HP and Sleep Talk is to ensure he isn't useless. Guts still activates while Hera is snoring. >_>

anyway discussion veered too much.

I don't understand why Chansey has more votes than Blissey. What exactly does it not get 2HKO'd by that Blissey does? Furthermore Chansey lacks Lefties recovery, which helps in the event that you face the odd SS/Hail team in ubers.
Specs Blue Fire in the sun from Reshiram 2HKOs Blissey with SR, IIRC, while Chansey has a much smaller chance. Specs Hydro Pump in the rain from Palkia is a similar story, although it's not guaranteed to 2HKO Blissey anyway. Chansey can also avoid getting 2HKOed by ScarfChomp's Outrage as well. But yeah, I prefer Blissey simply because Chansey is a noob and is complete setup fodder while Blissey can at least strike back. Blissey also makes a much better Wish passer since she can actually use Protect and regain health.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)