5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I've been reading a guide on how to RNG in Black and I'm stuck on something. I know I'm supposed to not turn on the C-Gear when I get in the game. Then when I get in the game I turn on the C-Gear. Am I supposed to turn it off after that? Or do I catch a Pokemon then turn it off?

Is there any way to work with natures for C-Gear seeds? I've hit my seed multiple times for Zekrom with a Jolly syncher but I keep getting Bold or Lonely or sometimes a random nature completely. Then I get Jolly when I miss the seed : /. I guess I should have just kept the Lonely one and used it as a mixed attacker..

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I've been reading a guide on how to RNG in Black and I'm stuck on something. I know I'm supposed to not turn on the C-Gear when I get in the game. Then when I get in the game I turn on the C-Gear. Am I supposed to turn it off after that? Or do I catch a Pokemon then turn it off?
It doesn't matter whether you leave it on or not; that won't affect the IVs.
Is there any way to work with natures for C-Gear seeds? I've hit my seed multiple times for Zekrom with a Jolly syncher but I keep getting Bold or Lonely or sometimes a random nature completely. Then I get Jolly when I miss the seed : /. I guess I should have just kept the Lonely one and used it as a mixed attacker..
Natures can't be controlled yet. If you find you keep not getting the sync, try saving once before the fight (which advances the RNG that controls nature).

It doesn't matter whether you leave it on or not; that won't affect the IVs.

Natures can't be controlled yet. If you find you keep not getting the sync, try saving once before the fight (which advances the RNG that controls nature).
Actually, wrong. On both accounts.

Firstly, leaving the C-Gear on makes your PID advance at a rate of 1 per second, I believe. So it's better to turn it off after you determined you hit your seed.

So something I don't recall seeing on the first page (and something I don't want to dig through 50 other pages of info for since the wonderfully not-useful search function keeps crapping on me), does the use of a syncher affect the rng at all like it did last gen? Or does it still do or something...?

Either way hopefully that portion on the front page about finding this MTIVRNG thingy without using an AR (AR = evil imo) will be complete soon, looks like RNG Reporter 9 is out and non c-gear abuse sounds infinitely easier than trying to figure out this shit that is c-gear abuse.

do anyone know when thundurus' ivs are generated? when I meet him out of the house on route 7 or when I engage a battle with him for the fisrt time?

When I'm doing (C-Gear) breeding with a Ditto parent, does it affect my IVs? Or does Ditto only affect the PID?

Also, I have another question on PID advancement (let me know if it's different for a Ditto).

Let's say I have a target PID frame of... 9. How would I advance to that, and what's the formula for the number of advancements? Is it 9 advancements? Or is it 7 (because web I do my abuse on Desmume, without any NPC movement, I'd have to go to target minus 2..)...

Ok I found out an accurate resul for my IVs by catching it, losing to N, and finding out it's hidden power... search IVs - still no results! Any ideas?

BTW I have delays and seconds each set to 99 in the results list so I can see the maximum number of results either side of my target.

I was reading around this 5th Gen PRNG Help thread since it was posted, however I could not relate because I wasn't playing 5th Gen on any console nor an emulator. I waited for the US release. I do have a question though.

It is possible to RNG for your starter pokemon?

do anyone know when thundurus' ivs are generated? when I meet him out of the house on route 7 or when I engage a battle with him for the fisrt time?
Quoted because I have the same question.

Also:
Winters Zombie said:
Actually, wrong. On both accounts.

Firstly, leaving the C-Gear on makes your PID advance at a rate of 1 per second, I believe. So it's better to turn it off after you determined you hit your seed.
Leaving the C-gear on only affects the PID. The IVs are set assuming you don't do anything else to advance the IV RNG.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
When I'm doing (C-Gear) breeding with a Ditto parent, does it affect my IVs? Or does Ditto only affect the PID?

Also, I have another question on PID advancement (let me know if it's different for a Ditto).

Let's say I have a target PID frame of... 9. How would I advance to that, and what's the formula for the number of advancements? Is it 9 advancements? Or is it 7 (because web I do my abuse on Desmume, without any NPC movement, I'd have to go to target minus 2..)...
Ditto affects the IVs that are inherited, as well. It does not affect the IVs that are generated from the IVMTRNG.

In gen 5, can you use Pokerng to find your shiny spreads?

Also, i've seen many people RNGing the main legends. To do that, did they fill up all 24 of their boxes?

I was planning on learning C-gear abuse in the past couple of days, but I've been having a problem with the C-gear itself. The guides say click "no" on the option of opening the C-gear while entering the game, and to open it once you're in the game. Whenever I try to open the C-gear while I'm in the game, it just says:

"When communications are on, closing the system will put it into Sleep Mode if the battery is low. Please watch the battery.

Warning!
Please turn C-Gear off in places - such as airplanes and hospitals - where wireless communications are prohibited."

This screen just comes up and stays there no matter what I do. I've left it for over half an hour with no changes, I've hit every button on the DS, and nothing affects it. It just stays on this screen, and never progresses into the C-gear, but I also can't quit out of it, so I just have to turn my game off every time.
When accessing the C-gear from the option while entering the game, it works fine.
Any ideas?

I was planning on learning C-gear abuse in the past couple of days, but I've been having a problem with the C-gear itself. The guides say click "no" on the option of opening the C-gear while entering the game, and to open it once you're in the game. Whenever I try to open the C-gear while I'm in the game, it just says:

"When communications are on, closing the system will put it into Sleep Mode if the battery is low. Please watch the battery.

Warning!
Please turn C-Gear off in places - such as airplanes and hospitals - where wireless communications are prohibited."

This screen just comes up and stays there no matter what I do. I've left it for over half an hour with no changes, I've hit every button on the DS, and nothing affects it. It just stays on this screen, and never progresses into the C-gear, but I also can't quit out of it, so I just have to turn my game off every time.
When accessing the C-gear from the option while entering the game, it works fine.
Any ideas?
There's a Yes or No option there too. You can only do it with the touchscreen though, the A button doesn't work.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
how do you find your shiny spreads?

Also, did people lose on purpose against N?
You can pretty much get anything shiny in 5th gen since the PID is separate from the IVs. The PIDRNG isn't really controllable on a cart at the moment though.

As for your second question, I'm not sure. That's a question for someone that did it. =)

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I was reading around this 5th Gen PRNG Help thread since it was posted, however I could not relate because I wasn't playing 5th Gen on any console nor an emulator. I waited for the US release. I do have a question though.

It is possible to RNG for your starter pokemon?
I am reopening this thread, but only under one condition:

All questions must be related to C-Gear RNGing. No asking about RNGing for your starters, your ID\SID, non C-Gear RNGing (which includes RNGing for shinies), etc. If you do, you will be infracted.

We should have a new version of RNG Reporter out by next Sunday, and you can ask those questions then.
To be fair, I didn't edit these rules into the first post, but I have now. So I'll let this slide.

But I'll answer your question anyway. You will not be able to RNG your starter Pokemon - which requires non C-Gear seed prediction - if you do not possess the ability to find your DS Parameters, which requires you to be able to find a Pokemon's exact IVs. That means you need to play through your game once already, or borrow a game from a friend who is already at a point in the game where they can.

Lots of people who had the new game wanted to be able to RNG their starter, but that was practically impossible for most. So we had to nip this question in the bud.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)