Huntofthelion vs. NyxNocturne! (3v3 Singles)

Good job Larvesta, not sure how you pulled through but you did and that's what matters!

Start off with Solarbeam since that's our best bet to do any damage. Follow up with your last Morning Sun to prolong this just a big longer. Finish off with another Psychic. If he tries to use rock blast during your Solarbeam change gears and fire off a Psychic instead

Okay,Rhyhorn,time to take advantage of this situation!
Use Rock TOMB since he specified Rock Blast!
Then,if by some act of Gog he is still around, Stomp his tiny ass into the ground twice!

Larvesta (*) (M)
HP: 3
Energy: 52
Atk: ***
Def: * (-)
SpA: *** (+)
SpD: **
Spe: 40 (due to boosts)
Boosts: -1 Speed

Rhyhorn*(Unicron)(M)
HP: 41
Energy: 70
Def: ****(+)
SpA: *(-)
Spe: 25
Boosts: None

Well, folks, Round 8 is starting and it looks to be a short one. Larvesta has put up an amazing fight but there just isn't much fight left in him.

Larvesta begins taking in the sunlight for a Solarbeam but before he can fire the blast of energy Unicron traps him in a Rock Tomb. It does way more damage than it needed to and if Larvesta is making it out of this tomb it's gonna be in a Pokéball.

While Unicron is rewarded his KO Counter and Huntofthelion sends out his Rhyhorn let's look at the stats:

Larvesta (*) (M)
HP: KO
Energy: 52

Rhyhorn (*) (M)
HP: 100
Energy: 100
Atk: **** (+)
Def: ***

Rhyhorn*(Unicron)(M)
Energy: 67

Nyx is up next. As a side-note, Solarbeam always acts last in its priority class unless Sunny Day is in effect.

EDIT: Np Wilkey. My bad about being ambiguous.

Amazing Job, Unicron! I'm so proud!
Now w'eve got to deal with your Bro over here however! Start off by using Earthquake!

Earthquake>Earthquake>Earthquake[Substitute counter for any physical attack except 2nd EQ]

If he attacks you physically, use Counter!

Alright Rhyhorn we need to make a run now, so lets get focused.

He's trying to counter you so start off with a Rock Polish so we can end this quickly. Then use your own Earthquake to hit him really hard. And since he's trying to counter you again lets finish the round off with a Double Team (2 Clones).

Hey guys, I know I'm past the DQ time. I've been insanely busy. If you want to find a subref I'll understand but I should be able to update tomorrow night and I should be able to go back to my regular once or twice a day schedule after that.

I think we're okay with waiting, Wikey. You've been an awesome ref and it's worth the wait. At least for me. I eagerly await your next post.

Rhyhorn (*) (M)
HP: 100

Rhyhorn*(Unicron)(M)
Energy: 67

So after everyone took a very long lunch break we're ready to get into Round 9 of this heated battle. Huntofthelion sends out his Rhyhorn to finish off the weakened Unicron.

The two Rhyhorn are the same speed but Unicron seems to be standing still waiting for Rhyhorn to move. Rhyhorn takes this moment to get out some Rock Polish and speed things up. Unicron retaliates with an Earthquake dealing okay damage.

Rhyhorn is still mad about this and responds with a mighty Earthquake of his own landing a Critical Hit as he opens up the earth beneath Unicron. Unicron recovers quickly and slams himself into the crack beneath him sending an Earthquake back at Rhyhorn for decent damage despite the Burn.

Rhyhorn uses his new found speed to create 2 clones of himself with Double Team. Unicron looks confused for a second but then lets out an Earthquake sending one crack towards each Rhyhorn. His aim is slightly off as he misses one of the Rhyhorn. Unfortunately, it seems the Rhyhorn he missed was the real one as the cracks merely pass through the other two Rhyhorn causing them to dissipate. Rhyhorn snorts proudly.

Well, there we have it. Another exciting round. Let's check the stats as we wait for Hunt to make his move:

Rhyhorn (*) (M)
HP: 76
Energy: 81
Spe: 38 (due to boosts)
Boosts: +1 Speed

Rhyhorn*(Unicron)(M)
HP: 11
Energy: 40

Rhyhorn (*) (M)
Energy: 81
Spe: 38 (due to boosts)
Boosts: +1 Speed

Rhyhorn*(Unicron)(M)
HP: 11

Let's get this over with, shall we?

Using his heightened speed Rhyhorn delivers another Earthquake sending another huge crack right at Unicron. The hit isn't critical, but it's decisive. Unicron is no longer able to battle!

Let's look at the stats while we wait for Nyx to send out his last mon and make his orders:

Rhyhorn*(Unicron)(M)

Rhyhorn (*) (M)
Energy: 76

Surskit*(Dave Strider)(M)
HP: 90
Atk: **
Def: **
SpA: **
SpD: *(-)
Spe: 75 (+)

Alright, let's finish this!
Go, Dave!

Dave, use Hydro Pump! Then use Bubblebeam! Then another Hydro Pump!
We're going to soak that Rhyhorn into oblivion!

Dave...? What kind of name is dave for a bug?

Rock Blast, then follow up with a Thunderfang. Keep it simple and just Rock Blast again. Good luck Rhyhorn!

Rhyhorn (*) (M)
Energy: 76

HP: 90

Here it is, folks. The final match-up. Each trainer is down to their last Pokémon now! Things look like they're really going to heat up from this point on. Each trainer and each Pokémon have a fiery look in their eyes. Rhyhorn paws at the ground ready to charge as he lets out a defiant snort. The tiny Surskit named Dave looks unimpressed as he begins swelling up as though he's being filled with water.

Rhyhorn lets out a roar and charges towards the tiny bug. Dave jumps high into the sky and rains down a mighty Hydro Pump at his opponent for HUGE damage. The pain doesn't make Rhyhorn lose focus as he knocks Dave out of the air with a Rock Blast consisting of four rocks he kicked up out of the ground. Surskit lands on the ground with a thud taking BIG damage.

Rhyhorn continues charging towards the grounded bug. Dave feels the ground trembling beneath him and rolls off to the side the second before the monstrous Rock-type can trample him. He hits Rhyhorn's broadside with a foamy BubbleBeam. The frothy spray soaks Rhyhorn dealing decent damage due to the intense weakness. Dave didn't roll far enough though as Rhyhorn lunges at him with a Thunder Fang. He chomps down on the bug before spitting him across the arena.

Surskit is really hurt now and he doesn't seem to happy about it. He paws at the ground mimicking Rhyhorn. He charges headfirst at the beast. In anticipation Rhyhorn prepares three huge rocks for his next attack. Before he can get the rocks in the air, though, Dave opens his mouth for another deluge of Hydro Pump. This blast is so powerful it disintegrates the rocks Rhyhorn had dug from the ground. It's a Critical Hit!

As the water washes away the mighty Rhyhorn becomes visible again. He is lying on the ground clearly unable to battle.

Congratulations to both our battlers for a very fine display! And congratulations to NyxNocturne for winning!

Here are your awards:

NyxNocturne:

2 Trainer Counters
Sheldon: 1 KO, 1 EC, 1 MC, 1 DC
Unicron: 1 KO, 1 EC, 1 MC, 1 DC
Dave: 1 KO, 1 EC, 1 MC, 1 DC

Huntofthelion:

2 Trainer Counters
Azurill: 1 EC, 1 MC, 1 DC
Larvesta: 1 KO, 1 EC, 1 MC, 1 DC
Rhyhorn: 1 KO, 1 EC, 1 MC, 1 DC

And I get 3 Referee Tokens.

Thanks for giving me my first reffing job, guys. It was really fun. Here are the final stats if you care:

Rhyhorn (*) (M)
Energy: 65

HP: 48
Energy: 78

By the way, the accuracy increase from Naive was the deciding factor here as BOTH Hydro Pumps would have missed had they only had 80% accuracy. Also, the crit was meaningless as Hydro Pump would have KOd anyway.

Wow, great job Wikey! You're reffing was awesome! I had a blast with this match, and I tip my hat to you, Hunt! Even though I carried type advantage almost the whole match,I never once felt in control! Great battle!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)