Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Open Battle to anyone out there:

1v1 Singles
DQ time = 7 Days
No Recovery 5 Chills

Arena:
Pokemon Battle Arena (Just like in the anime)

Features:
A stadium just like the ones you see ash battle in. But with a twist.
Like Super Smash Brothers Brawl, the arena is constantly changing. The stadium starts neutral, but every two rounds the stadium alters the battling environment according to the different weather conditions: Sandstorm, Sunny Day, Rain and Hail. All having a 1/4 chance of appearing (standard weather effects apply).

I hope we have fun!
Flora said:
I'll battle!

Switch = KO
No Items
1 Ability
I'll go ahead and take this, it seemed to be forgotten.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Challenging Rolf!
1v1 Single Challenge
3 Days DQ
2 Recovers/5 Chills

ARENA: It's a Trap!
The arena is an indoor arena, with both trainers on pillars located outside the scope of battle. the actual arena itself is a iron stage suspended in the middle of them, attached to the floor and ceiling with an iron chain. Underneath the stage is a large body of water. Pokemon can climb the chain, but it takes an action. Pokemon near the edge can fall off the stage and into the water if pushed, or if the stage is shaking. The chains can be broken with sufficient force. There are four of them.
I accept this challenge, yep yep.
Taking this. PM me your teams.

2v2 Doubles
2 Day DQ
5 Chills, no recovery
Arena - The Distortion World
A mass of "islands" floating in mid air, each with it's own randomised direction of gravity. This gravity however is easy to overcome, and leaping from island to island is easy but potentially dangerous, as the sudden change of physics can injure or confuse the Pokemon in question.

2v2 Doubles
2 Day DQ
5 Chills, no recovery
A mass of "islands" floating in mid air, each with it's own randomised direction of gravity. This gravity however is easy to overcome, and leaping from island to island is easy but potentially dangerous, as the sudden change of physics can injure or confuse the Pokemon in question.
Sounds fun =)
Switch=KO
No items
One Ability?

2v2 doubles
4 Day DQ
2 recovers/5 chills

Arena: Sinjoh Ruins

A raised triangle as pictured.

Every round, there is a 1 percent chance that Arceus will appear and attack a random player with a Judgment of a random type (all types except for normal).
Every round, there is a 10 percent chance that an Unown will appear and attack a player with a random Hidden Power.

Damage to this sacred place can increase the chances of either event occurring, at the discretion of the ref.

2v2 doubles
4 Day DQ
2 recovers/5 chills

Arena: Sinjoh Ruins

A raised triangle as pictured.

Every round, there is a 1 percent chance that Arceus will appear and attack a random player with a Judgment of a random type (all types except for normal).
Every round, there is a 10 percent chance that an Unown will appear and attack a player with a random Hidden Power.

Damage to this sacred place can increase the chances of either event occurring, at the discretion of the ref.
I'll go

Yes items
All abilities

I believe that 2v2 doubles means no switching

Open Battle:
Hopefully to be accepted by another newbie like myself

2v2 doubles
2 day DQ
2 recovers/5 chills
Arena: Mirage Island
An island that moves randomly through time. Every round, every pokemon on the field has a 5% chance of their moves gaining 1 priority, and a 5% chance of their moves losing 1 priority.

Open Battle:

2v2 doubles
2 day DQ
2 recovers/5 chills
An island that moves randomly through time. Every round, every pokemon on the field has a 5% chance of their moves gaining 1 priority, and a 5% chance of their moves losing 1 priority.
I'll accept.
All abilities and no items.

1v1 singles
DQ Time: 1 Day
2 Recovers/5 Chills
Arena: Crater Return
The Arena is a sizeable (about 50 metres in diameter) crater from some explosion or meteor impact. Rough but unscalable walls surround the entire area. The ground is a loose mixture of gravel and sand with tufts of grass spread about the place with no particular pattern. Water trickles down one side of the crater into a small pool about 10m wide and 1.5m down at it's deepest point, at the very edge of the crater. It is noon, so the sun is shining directly into the crater. There is nothing in the way of cover; no trees have grown since the unknown impact and any rocks were ground into dust.
I lost my last battle at this location, and I don't intend on letting it happen again.

ALSO

Orkonaut and myself still need a ref:

2v2 Doubles
2 Day DQ
5 Chills, no recovery

Switch=KO
No items
One Ability

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Open Battle:

2v2 doubles
2 day DQ
2 recovers/5 chills
I'll accept.
All abilities and no items.
I don't care about school and am willing to ref this. I hope it's short! PM teams!

1v1 singles
DQ Time: 1 Day
2 Recovers/5 Chills
Arena: Crater Return
The Arena is a sizeable (about 50 metres in diameter) crater from some explosion or meteor impact. Rough but unscalable walls surround the entire area. The ground is a loose mixture of gravel and sand with tufts of grass spread about the place with no particular pattern. Water trickles down one side of the crater into a small pool about 10m wide and 1.5m down at it's deepest point, at the very edge of the crater. It is noon, so the sun is shining directly into the crater. There is nothing in the way of cover; no trees have grown since the unknown impact and any rocks were ground into dust.
I lost my last battle at this location, and I don't intend on letting it happen again.
I accept
Switch: OK
All Abilities
No Items

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Let's go then. 4-1, and I have a few spots open for a new challenge.

SEEKING CHALLENGE

2 V 2 Singles
DQ Time: 3 Days
2 Recovers / 5 Chills
Arena: Battle Tower Rooftop

This is a rather large, flat surface located on top of the famous Battle Tower found in the Diamond / Pearl / Platinum games. There are no obstacles, and the rooftop has no walls or fences. However, no Pokemon can fall off of the building (we don't want any Pokedeaths, after all). Flying Pokemon can freely navigate the air around the buildings, and even aerial fights may occur. Flying Pokemon can fall, but cannot plummet to the actual ground beneath them (only the rooftop). The surface of the roof may not be Dug into, but it's possibly to use Earthquake and other seismic Ground moves. Beware, though: too many seismic moves, and the roof may collapse! Pokemon will fall into Palmer's office, which is simply a flat Pokemon arena. Just don't expect Palmer to be too happy about it!

SUMMARY: Rooftop arena, Flying Pokemon may go outside of roof borders for aerial combat, no Dig but seismic Ground moves allowed, too many Ground moves results in roof collapsing.

Let's get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)