Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alrighty, then, PM me your teams Kaxtar and DarkSlay.

(besides, it's awesome to be able to remind both my refs to ref my match at the same time.)

Open Challenge to anyone out there.
1v1
DQ = 7 Days
No Recovery, 5 Chills

Arena:

A large wasteland. It is the middle of the day so the sun is scorching producing the effect of Heavy Sun.

Good luck to whoever accepts.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Open Challenge to anyone out there.
1v1
DQ = 7 Days
No Recovery, 5 Chills

Arena:

A large wasteland. It is the middle of the day so the sun is scorching producing the effect of Heavy Sun.

Good luck to whoever accepts.
Sure.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Open challenge for anyone that has the Pokemon...

5v5 Singles
3 Day DQ Time
Max 2 Recovery Moves & 5 Chills per Pokemon
Arena: It's basically a purpose built Pokemon arena with a difference: It has an Oasis in the middle of the arena. The Surface of the arena is sand & diggable, while the actual semi-lake that the oasis is positioned near the middle of the arena, to the right of where the challenger stands. On the other side are the grandstands. The arena has the same dimensions as a normal arena. The default weather is Clear & the only Weather that can take effect is Sun & Sandstorm.

Summary: Arena with Oasis, Diggable sandy surface, Oasis positioned near the middle of arena. Default weather: Clear, it can never hail or rain here.

Anyone with at least 5 Pokemon willing to battle?

I'm also going to do one of those "RPing chains." (If this variant isn't allowed, please let me know.)

Freezing Fury-Part 1

It was cold in the small house. Very cold.
This was because Victor “Freeze” Cumulite had been training his Ice-typed team in the large minigym basement. A Syclar jumped rapidly over a Snover, dodging a powerful Ice Shard from the former, before launching a Blizzard at the Ice/Grass type. All this occurred while a frail-looking Plicowatt looked on, her Magic Guard protecting her from the hail Snover had summoned. A Numel occasionally nibbled on some leftover food to counteract the hail’s effects.
“Good job with the jump, Freeze! Try practicing Hidden Power now. Frostbite, Ice Shard is a really brief attack, you flash freeze an ice shard then throw it rapidly. Try again.”
Syclar started the quick charging of energy for Hidden Power-but he was interrupted midway through by a successful Ice Shard from Snover hitting him. It cracked the small shell of ice that surrounded Syclar, bruising it slightly-but soon Syclar synthesized and reformed its thin ice shell and launched the Hidden Power back at Snover.
“Great job, guys!”
Victor was secretly wondering whether that was enough, however. Certainly his entire team was learning-and Numel was learning rapidly-but he had to wonder if he was strong enough.
Victor was wondering-he was one of several candidates for an Ice-type gym leader for Brycen to train as an eventual replacement, and he wasn’t exactly the strongest guy. His opposition was the primary issue-there was one guy at the gym who had a Mamoswine, while Victor hadn’t even evolved his Pokemon. Snover could take Mamoswine on to some degree-but not completely, and the guy also had a wildcard in the form of a Castform…that knew Flamethrower, Scald, and Energy Ball, which together spelled fainting for his entire team.
“Alright, guys,” he said, turning on the anti-weather system. “Let’s head back out of here.”
Later that day, Victor was watching TV with Syclar when a program about Legendary Pokemon appeared. It gave the usual information about the elusive populations of the Four Legendary Fighters, the ever-jolly Legendary Genies, and the mysterious Victini’s powers of perception. Then came info about N’s Reshiram and Black’s Zekrom, but at the very end, Victor noticed one thing-Kyurem.
“Kyurem is a strong Ice-type legendary with conflicting origins. Some say that it came on a meteor, others say that it was born from the undead corpse of the combined Reshiram and Zekrom when they split in two. Either way, we suspect that Kyurem is located in the Giant Chasm-yet if Kyurem’s existence there could be confirmed, the winner would get a large prize of 100,000 Poké….”
Hmm. Perhaps this could be the chance to prove himself he had wanted…additionally, if this was true, then he could nab a hefty prize…

A few days later, the citizens of Icirrus City noticed several fliers around the marshy city.
“Looking for two trainers to investigate the Giant Chasm for the possibility of finding the legendary Kyurem. Meet at 3945 Sekka Lane if interested. Rewards of 28,500 Poké can be expected if mission is successful, otherwise 10,000 Poké will be rewarded if the mission results in no sight of Kyurem.”

The story? You are one of those two trainers. Victor wishes to challenge you and the other person who showed up for the expedition to a quick Pokemon battle. Will you accept?

2v2v2 Melee
4 Day DQ Time
Max 3 Recovery Moves & 8 Chills per Pokemon
Arena: Mini-Gym Room
Summary: A 30*50*20 room covered in mats with specially designed attack-resistant windows and lights. The relatively large height means that anything less than 6 feet high can Fly in this arena, but it can't be used for evading attacks other than melee attacks from something that can't reach that height somehow. Dig also cannot be used-but other seismic moves can be, the mini-gym is designed to handle it.
A special system allows weather to be used inside the mini-gym. Obviously, anything that cannot fit in the gym can't be used.
Switch state is determined by the first participant
No Items-we're saving them for the expedition.
Ability state is determined by the second participant.

Note that unlike in Shadow of a Doubt, I will not be reffing each match. I’m also participating.

Thusly, I need a good ref and two other participants who enjoy RPing.

@Its a random:

Seeing how Ice-eyes has yet to respond, and I have the Pokemon, I'll ignore my challenge to him in favor of taking you on.

Switch=KO
No items
All abilities.

Now to find a ref for the longest battle to date...

So, while I wait, who's up for a match?

2v2 Doubles
7 day QC

Arena: A forest on the edge of forever. The forest in the FireRed cutscene.

( now that I see it, maybe I'll join the next RP thing. Sounds like fun.)

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Challenging Nobjection because (witty comment that isn't springing to mind right now) in order to teach him how to balance a mafia game.

1v1 Singles
Arena: A nuclear plant in Japan, middling radiation in the area and the possibility of further tsunamis and aftershocks.
DQ Time: 3 Days
Restrictions: 5R/2C/2 Taunt

gk and i are battling
1v1 singles
2 days dq time
2 recovers/5 chills
arena: smashville
all abilities
no items

flora is reffing

Challenging Nobjection because (witty comment that isn't springing to mind right now) in order to teach him how to balance a mafia game.

1v1 Singles
Arena: A nuclear plant in Japan, middling radiation in the area and the possibility of further tsunamis and aftershocks.
I accept.

No items
All abilities
Switch = lolwut

Looking for a team mate and opponents for a 4v4 Double battle (2 pokes per person)

DQ 3 Days
2 recovery/5 chills per pokemon

Arena:
The top floor of the Olivine City Lighthouse.
6 floors in the building.

On the starting floor there is an Ampharos that is doing its nightly duties.
If a pokemon contacts the Ampharos, it retaliates by paralyzing that pokemon with built up Static power from its constant light generation.
It acts just like the Ability and can affect Ground pokemon.

There are also about 3 holes in the floor of each level of the building that pokemon can fall down.
It takes 1 action to climb up or down a level.
Any powerful area of effect moves can collapse the whole floor or just the area around the pokemon depending on Refs discretion.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

1v1 Singles

I accept.

No items
All abilities
Switch = lolwut
Totally reffing this! I've even had this arena in mind, lol. PM teams!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)