Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

Do people seriously think the animations slowing down is a bug? I thought it was pretty obvious that it was intentional... probably the same people who think no LO recoil on Sheer Force Pokemon is a glitch.

Wow, so my Eelektross happened to get Pokerus a few hours ago, which quickly spread to the rest of my team. After giving some of my Pokemon the Macho Brace and heading to some EV hotspots, I managed to really strengthen my Pokemon. Made my Reuniclus bulkier, my Eelektross and Zoroark a stronger special attackers, my Chandelure ridiculously overpowered and my Archeops a lot faster (it has a very low Speed IV). I'm way more optimistic about facing the Elite Four now, even though I'm only halfway through Twist Mountain.

Also, I happened to catch a killer Axew earlier today. It's Jolly, has Mold breaker and 26/29/26/2/29/31 IVs. With some help from the Pokerus infection I managed to EV it already and started training it to catch up with my team. I don't know if I could bare to drop any of my team members for it though, and I don't want the rest of the game to be too easy. Here's my team:

Lilligant
Zoroark
Chandelure
Eelektross
Archeops
Reuniclus

If anything, I'd replace Lilligant, but it's been with me right from the beginning... argh. I hate making decisions.

The only place it really seems to "lag" for me is in Nimbasa, if I take the bicycle going from the poke centre to the stadiums.
Not sure if it is though. I'm starting to hate Nimbasa now though, that bloody music is really the worst piece in the entire game - and you visit that town constantly.

The only place it really seems to "lag" for me is in Nimbasa, if I take the bicycle going from the poke centre to the stadiums.
Not sure if it is though. I'm starting to hate Nimbasa now though, that bloody music is really the worst piece in the entire game - and you visit that town constantly.
I noticed that lag too and i agree that music just got on my nerves the more I heard it =/

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Do people seriously think the animations slowing down is a bug? I thought it was pretty obvious that it was intentional... probably the same people who think no LO recoil on Sheer Force Pokemon is a glitch.
Well, it also negates the user's Shell Bell and the opponent's Red Card/Switch Button, so it could have been a glitch, and still may (see Sky Drop)... Not that anyone really cares though, all power to Nidoking.

I need to go to bed. I've been sitting here trying to RNG my Terrakion for quite a while now, and the sound of it bursting out of an Ultra Ball just scared the shit out of me. I did finally get it tho, so I can sleep soundly now.

I noticed that lag too and i agree that music just got on my nerves the more I heard it =/
that "lag" you guys are talking about is just you riding a bike up and down a set of stairs, and it's not a glitch either. Nintendo just felt like making the game a lot more real this time, that's why the pokemon move slower at the end of battles, when, they're tired, and why everything acts more lifelike and such

that "lag" you guys are talking about is just you riding a bike up and down a set of stairs, and it's not a glitch either. Nintendo just felt like making the game a lot more real this time, that's why the pokemon move slower at the end of battles, when, they're tired, and why everything acts more lifelike and such
And why you can get shot out of a cannon into a steel wall like nothing happened. :P

Just beat the game; pretty much went non-stop through it. Wow, the finale is fucking insane. I never expected something as epic as that, in fact I'd been pondering what pokemon Alder would use before challenging the Elite Four lololol. One negative is that the elite four was way too easy: I finished it on my first try, a run which was supposed to scout how strong each member was. My team was only like, around level 46-47 and I didn't find it very hard at all. Only used like 10 Hyper Potions and 5 Revives in total :) Scrafty literally gained 12 levels and soloed all 6 trainers as well ehehe

I had some close calls in the E4, but my teams was of similar levels. Shauntel gave me the most trouble, followed by Marshal of all people.

And yet I found these the most enjoyable E4 to go through. I thought it had a nice mix of difficulty where it wasn't too hard but not too easy. Considering the affairs I typically went through in the other games, this was a wonderful breath of fresh air.

The Elite Four was pretty easy, took a few minutes to beat them all. But Ghetsis, my goodness his Hydreigon is annoying. Just caught the level 70 Volcarona and level 75 Kyurem Timid (with 6/31/10/29/27/29 IVs!). My team is now:

Hydreigon lv64
Emboar "Bacon" lv60
Jellicent lv63
Conkeldurr lv60
Galvantula lv59
Archeops lv59

Im up to the elite 4 right now on my 2nd playthrough
with:

lv44 Serperior (Surperior) @ Dragon Tail/Coil/Giga Drain/Leaf Blade
lv44 Excadrill @ Swords Dance/Earthquake/Metal Claw/Rock Slide
lv44 Eelktross @ Wild Charge/Dragon Claw/Thunder Wave/Crunch
lv44 Archeops @ Fly/Acrobatics/Crunch/Dragon Claw
lv42 Darmanitan @ Hammer Arm/Flare Blitz/Fire Punch/Thrash
lv42 Krookodile @ Bulldoze/Crunch/Foul Play/Rock Slide

My team seems underleveled, this happened last playthrough as well, I dont even skip trainers....much
Can there be any improvements, I am restricting myself to Medicine use outside of battle, and I can only bring a max of 15 Hyper Potions, 15 Revives, 15 Super Potions
Any moves I can change, also Eelktross seems weaker than I thought

I haven't run many tests yet, but for me it seems that this bike lag is caused by not waiting until the bike music properly starts before cycling around.

Im up to the elite 4 right now on my 2nd playthrough
with:

lv44 Serperior (Surperior) @ Dragon Tail/Coil/Giga Drain/Leaf Blade
lv44 Excadrill @ Swords Dance/Earthquake/Metal Claw/Rock Slide
lv44 Eelktross @ Wild Charge/Dragon Claw/Thunder Wave/Crunch
lv44 Archeops @ Fly/Acrobatics/Crunch/Dragon Claw
lv42 Darmanitan @ Hammer Arm/Flare Blitz/Fire Punch/Thrash
lv42 Krookodile @ Bulldoze/Crunch/Foul Play/Rock Slide

My team seems underleveled, this happened last playthrough as well, I dont even skip trainers....much
Can there be any improvements, I am restricting myself to Medicine use outside of battle, and I can only bring a max of 15 Hyper Potions, 15 Revives, 15 Super Potions
Any moves I can change, also Eelktross seems weaker than I thought
Can always level more if you feel you're that low, just slap on a Lucky Egg and hit Victory Road; at the least another 2+ levels on each of them couldn't hurt. Either that or just play smart and match up Pokemon which will do well against the different members; Archeops with Acrobatics should OHKO anything for Fighting dude (alternatively you can spam Coil with Serperior and sweep while healing him up DESPITE your odd desire of not wanting to use items in battle), Krookodile/Excadrill for Ghost and Psychic bitches (1 has your SE move, the other can SD and resist their attacks while killing them), and probably a combo of Archeops/Darmanitan for Dark guy (since Hammer Arm slows Darmanitan down, necessitating a switch unless you want to eat an incoming attack). I mean if this is your 2nd playthrough, you already know how much of a pushover they are lol.

Hammer Arm just 2HKOs Scrafty, I could of it, but it Sand Attacked :/. You know the rest, it killed my Darmanitan, and with its Moxie boost it kept killing my team, with consecutive boosts, and help from a Full Restore. I got swept by it. Shame.
Anyway, I dont use items in battle because it feels like Im cheating. Yes I know the AI uses them too, but I mean look at the Battle Tower, haxy cheating. Cheating might as well happen in the Elite 4. But I really just want to test some strategies, and see if I can actually do it.
I think why Im underlevelled because I never train against wild pokemon, since I got my first badge a Repel has been on since.
My last playthrough I had the powerhouses in the form of Sawk, Conkledurr and Embroar. After seeing the ingame tier list, I actually picked the best pokemon, without even knowing they were the best.
Any advice on how to improve Eelektross

Has it got Acrobatics? This provides great coverage on enemies with its higher Attack stat, is stronger than Flamethrower etc. If you do a subsequent playthrough, grinding Eelektrik to get Coil Up is EXTREMELY useful. Regardless, just load it up with strong moves (Crunch, Acrobatics, Dragon Claw, Wild Charge for example).

Acrobatics for Darmantian you say?
Teaching it over Thrash right now...
Too bad I evolved Eelktrik to Eelktross as soon as I could (I kept the name because I liked it better than Eelktross, sorry if that confuses you)
Is there any ingame tms I could get and teach

Acrobatics for Darmantian you say?
Teaching it over Thrash right now...
Too bad I evolved Eelktrik to Eelktross as soon as I could (I kept the name because I liked it better than Eelktross, sorry if that confuses you)
Is there any ingame tms I could get and teach
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/604.shtml

And btw, Darmanitan doesn't learn Acrobatics, the poster was referring to teaching it to Eelektross (which imo would work really well).

EDIT: Accelgor'd -_-

I meant I was going to because my DS wasnt available, but now that I have it I followed comments, and now I taught it to Elektross.
I guess Im just going to grind against the Elite 4, is it just me but do these guys give massive exp, even for their level.
I dont remember in DP a pokemon giving 4000xp

Just beat White last night with playtime of 17 hours.

My team:

Emboar, 47: Rollout/Heat Crash/Flame Charge/Brick Break
Carracosta, 40: Aqua Jet/Smack Down/Shell Smash/Surf
Lilligant, 48: Petal Dance/Giga Drain/Sleep Powder/Quiver Dance
Galvantula, 45: Thunder/Charge Beam/Signal Beam/Agility
Krookodile, 47: Bulldoze/Foul Play/Crunch/Swagger
Sigilyph, 46: Psychic/Air Slash/Fly/Whirlwind

Lilligant was definitely my MVP in the Elite 4 and N/Ghetsis. After a Quiver Dance or two, Petal Dance hit really hard with no drawbacks (thanks to Own Tempo), and Giga Drain made her really hard to kill. Emboar was pretty strong, though I never got around to replacing Rollout. Carracosta was my least used guy; he was cool but he tended to die a lot and I ended up replacing him with Zekrom in the last two fights. Galvantula hit like a truck with Thunder, and Signal Beam destroyed the Psychic and Dark Elite 4. Krookodile was fantastic, and his Foul Play saved my butt a few times (especially the last gym, when Iris' dragons were sweeping my team and I managed to Foul Play after they had Dragon Danced 4 times. OHKO). Sigilyph was useful, but he died early in the Fighting Elite 4 before he could be much use.

Surprisingly, I beat the Elite 4, N, and Ghetsis on my first try; in the older games, I'd have to grind first 2 Elite 4 guys to get them strong enough for the last 2, and then I'd grind the Elite 4 for the Champion. Though I only beat Ghetsis due to copious amounts of Max Revives near the end.

searching for a Drillbur in Wellspring cave. 8(yes I counted) dustclouds, all were an item, and now no dustcloud in 10 battles. D:

EDIT: found one. And it's level 12
EDIT2: WTF. My Munna's Forewarn alerted it to RAPID SPIN. WTF
EDIT3. OMFG. crit Tackle from my Lilipup left it at very little HP (1-3, I think)
EDIT4. Checked it's nature. Naive.(+spe -sp.D) Pretty awesome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)