Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

Wow. Just beat the elite four. Amazing ending. I'll post my team tomorrow, because I'm going to bed now.
Black/white has such a better storyline than the last two generations.

According to Serebii there's a ton of trainers you can battle in the Domes in Nimbasa City. Some of the trainers have quite low-leveled Pokemon, around 30 and they're Unova-native, but the rest of them are above 60 and from any region. Can any of these trainers be battled pre-E4? Last time I went to Nimbasa City, all they did was talk to me about sports...

Hammer Arm just 2HKOs Scrafty, I could of it, but it Sand Attacked :/. You know the rest, it killed my Darmanitan, and with its Moxie boost it kept killing my team, with consecutive boosts, and help from a Full Restore. I got swept by it. Shame.
Anyway, I dont use items in battle because it feels like Im cheating. Yes I know the AI uses them too, but I mean look at the Battle Tower, haxy cheating. Cheating might as well happen in the Elite 4. But I really just want to test some strategies, and see if I can actually do it.
I think why Im underlevelled because I never train against wild pokemon, since I got my first badge a Repel has been on since.
My last playthrough I had the powerhouses in the form of Sawk, Conkledurr and Embroar. After seeing the ingame tier list, I actually picked the best pokemon, without even knowing they were the best.
Any advice on how to improve Eelektross
Naw I skipped wild Pokemon and I wasnt underleveled. Thats not the problem.

According to Serebii there's a ton of trainers you can battle in the Domes in Nimbasa City. Some of the trainers have quite low-leveled Pokemon, around 30 and they're Unova-native, but the rest of them are above 60 and from any region. Can any of these trainers be battled pre-E4? Last time I went to Nimbasa City, all they did was talk to me about sports...
It's not all at once.

Post-game, you only fight the strongest teams.

Where exactly is the Scald TM? I even have the walkthrough guide but I just can't find it.
I had similar problems finding that tm as well. Lol it's in the bottom right corner of the first large ice patch you find when you enter the container. It's blocked from view by a container somewhat until you're almost on top of it.

Well after taking a break of about a week or so from White after getting bored during my 2nd playthrough of the game I just started playing again.

In Pinwheel Forest at the moment with a team of

Atlas (Dewott) Lv 18 Naughty nature
Flair (Pansear) Lv 18 Bashful nature
Sanger (Blitzle) Lv 18 Lonely nature (thanks to synchronise Munna)
Hammertime (Venipede) Lv 18 Hasty nature (with a possible 31 speed iv too)

mumble grumble

Just hatched an adamant guts timburr with 31s in hp, attack and special defense, but it has a blithering 0-10 in defense.

mumble grumble

Hammer Arm just 2HKOs Scrafty, I could of it, but it Sand Attacked :/. You know the rest, it killed my Darmanitan, and with its Moxie boost it kept killing my team, with consecutive boosts, and help from a Full Restore. I got swept by it. Shame.
Anyway, I dont use items in battle because it feels like Im cheating. Yes I know the AI uses them too, but I mean look at the Battle Tower, haxy cheating. Cheating might as well happen in the Elite 4. But I really just want to test some strategies, and see if I can actually do it.
I think why Im underlevelled because I never train against wild pokemon, since I got my first badge a Repel has been on since.
My last playthrough I had the powerhouses in the form of Sawk, Conkledurr and Embroar. After seeing the ingame tier list, I actually picked the best pokemon, without even knowing they were the best.
Any advice on how to improve Eelektross
Ever consider just ramming Scrafty with Archeops's Acrobatics? Darmanitan could have cleaned up the rest...

Otherwise give your Eelektross Acrobatics as well, another good weapon he (unexpectedly) has iirc.

Also, who seriously pays attention to in-game tier lists, people use what they like I thought for the most part lol. The concept of an in-game tier list is pretty laughable...

I love my Eelektross. Thunderbolt/Flamethrower/Crunch/Brick Break destroys all. Mine has equal attacking stats though, so I guess one of them has a high or low IV. I would have kept Acrobatics over Crunch but the only time I ever needed to use Acrobatics, I switched out to Archeops.

Just hatched an adamant guts timburr with 31s in hp, attack and special defense, but it has a blithering 0-10 in defense.
hey, if you get him fast enough you wont have to worry about his defense being to low because you will ko the other pokemon before he has a chance to touch you

hey, if you get him fast enough you wont have to worry about his defense being to low because you will ko the other pokemon before he has a chance to touch you
I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but are you suggesting that speed is important on this thing? Because it isn't.

Also I don't know how i'm gonna evolve this thing. Don't know anyone else that plays. F you, stupid trade evolutions.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but are you suggesting that speed is important on this thing? Because it isn't.

Also I don't know how i'm gonna evolve this thing. Don't know anyone else that plays. F you, stupid trade evolutions.
*looks around at the hundreds of Smogon users*

I'm sure you won't have too much problem if you ask someone, I'm sure plenty of people would like to get their trade evos done too :P

Pursuit doesn't work over the internet when a wild thief appears.

Anyway:

Dokkora - #532 (Adamant)
HP: 31
Att: 21, 23
Def: 31
SpA: 29
SpD: 31
Speed: 19

Best Timburr yet, but I think i'm gonna keep trying. I want higher attack.

Epic tank. :O

I think you can run a Bulk Up sweeper with that. Conkeldurr's Attack is so high that it doesn't really mind a loss of 10 stat points in Attack.

Yeah i'm gonna keep this one. It will be a fine bulk up sweeper. The chances of getting 31s in hp/def/spdef again are too low to worry about a measly 10 attack points.

With max hp, I can hit 369 attack and 200 spdef, or 350 attack and 217 spdef. There's no point in maxing special defense while i'm adamant. I wanna put that nature to good use. Not sure which configuration I should shoot for yet.

Yeah i'm gonna keep this one. It will be a fine bulk up sweeper. The chances of getting 31s in hp/def/spdef again are too low to worry about a measly 10 attack points.

With max hp, I can hit 369 attack and 200 spdef, or 350 attack and 217 spdef. There's no point in maxing special defense while i'm adamant. I wanna put that nature to good use. Not sure which configuration I should shoot for yet.
Actually, max special defense with adamant is love ._.u
370 HP, 370 Atk, 240 Def, and 220 Special Defense is hands down the best spread ever, kudos to whoever devised it here at Smogon. My IVs were 31/31/20/x/31/2, Brave. I'm thinking of making it a trick room sweeper. <3

Well after 8 days or so, I finally caught my near flawless Reshiram (30 SpD, but eh), so I can finally go on with story mode XD

So after all's said and done, ended up with the following after beating N/whoever:

Lv 51 Samurott
Lv 50 Reshiram
Lv 49 Excadrill
Lv 49 Darmanitan
Lv 49 Sawk
Lv 48 Galvantula

In terms of upgrading the in-game team, I think I'll do the following:

-Catch Fraxurus (or whatever its Stage 1 name is at Victory Road) and evolve it to Haxorus for something with False Swipe to catch in-game Pokemon with, as well as for a decent sweeper with DD. Replace Reshiram since I can't properly EV train it since I need to axe off whatever EVs the stupid Zekrom and Cofangrius gave it...boo

-Try grabbing a Starmie out of the water along Rt. 13 (always loved Starmie since R/B), replace Galvantula with it.

-Grab the Larvesta Egg (rng it if possible? If so, EV train it as well) and train up a Volcarona for in-game use. Tough call, but probably ditch Sawk for it if I opt to get it, or maybe Darmanitan due to type redundancy...or, this could also be used in Starmie's spot if I can RNG it...

Other than that, just gotta figure out breeding, move over some of my old beloved Pokemon, and have fun with the end-game I guess. And eventually buy White I guess.

Do you guys Audino grind all the way to 100? If not, what level do you start beating the e4r2?

I'm wondering how best to level my guys to 100 from mid 70s

You could always just get the level 70 Volcarona in Relic Castle. Which as a static Pokemon, is perfect for RNGing.
True enough, but at the same time I don't really desire something that'll just overpower everything in the post game so...easily I guess? lol, yes I'm odd in that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)