5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

1) To my knowledge no.
2) Yes. And I don't think you can even catch shinies with C-Gear. Also, you can't get a shiny Victini because of a shiny check.
3-4) I dont think so

I've got a few quick questions about rnging with c gear:
1) Is there a way to check what seed you've hit besides catching a pokemon and checking it's IVs?
2) As of right now is it pretty much pointless to attempt to abuse for shinies in the wild with c gear if the frame for it is over a few hundred? I want to get a shiny victini, but from all the results I've checked has shown the closest is one around 800.
3) Is anyone working on a program designed to search for IV spreads yet? I know time finder works, but it takes forever even on relatively small delays.
4) Is there any way to check to see what frame you're currently on (ex: calling elm in HG/SS)?
1) You'd need an AR.
2) You can't abuse for shinies with the C-Gear. Only IVs. And Victini has a shiny lock so it can't be shiny.
4) You'd need an AR.

Thanks for the quick reply Exploits. What's the code for frame check called? Or if there's a post I missed somewhere on the first page can you give me the link to it?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I've got a few quick questions about rnging with c gear:
1) Is there a way to check what seed you've hit besides catching a pokemon and checking it's IVs?
2) As of right now is it pretty much pointless to attempt to abuse for shinies in the wild with c gear if the frame for it is over a few hundred? I want to get a shiny victini, but from all the results I've checked has shown the closest is one around 800.
3) Is anyone working on a program designed to search for IV spreads yet? I know time finder works, but it takes forever even on relatively small delays.
4) Is there any way to check to see what frame you're currently on (ex: calling elm in HG/SS)?
1) AR
2) Can't use C-Gear for shinies, and Victini can't be shiny regardless.
3) Depends on how you define "forever" and "relatively small." I can search from 1500-20000 in about 20 minutes. If there is another program, I haven't seen anything about it.
4) AR again. You can just keep track of it manually pretty easily anyway.

Edit: Accelgors everywhere
Thanks for the quick reply Exploits. What's the code for frame check called? Or if there's a post I missed somewhere on the first page can you give me the link to it?
OP said:
Please do not ask for AR codes. Please do not give them to people to ask for them. Please do not answer with AR codes. They are all out there on the internet and can be googled.

No you can turn on the spot and encounter that way. It may affect which frame you need though, not entirely sure without testing it.

Try not to take too many steps because the 128 step counter doesnt reset when you reset the game and as far as you know, you could have saved on 127 steps. Turning on the spot won't increase that counter

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
ok thanks man,just needed to confirm that turning in the spot does'nt mess me up :)
Pretty sure it gives you the same frame advancements. Normally it causes the problem that your PID, nature, etc. will always be the same. Since the sandstorm makes that advance like crazy, there shouldn't be a problem.

I'm trying to get a decent mixed spread for Hidden Power Ice 70 through what seems like endless tweaking with the seed generator, but the best I've found so far is 9B8B177A at frame 46, which has a yield of 31/30/22/31/31/31. Can't seem to get better than 22 in defense.

Wondering if anyone has found a better seed? It's for Cobalion.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm trying to get a decent mixed spread for Hidden Power Ice 70 through what seems like endless tweaking with the seed generator, but the best I've found so far is 9B8B177A at frame 46, which has a yield of 31/30/22/31/31/31. Can't seem to get better than 22 in defense.

Wondering if anyone has found a better seed? It's for Cobalion.
Need your MAC address to do that.

I believe that a seed that works for one person won't work for the next, your MAC address will be different to mine.

I have 30 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 31 / 31 on seed A65DA28A and frame 3.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Yeah, having more than one DS is an advantage this time around, even if it does mess with your Black City/White Forest.

My DSi XL has a frame 11 31/31/31/31/31/31 spread, while my DS Lite has a frame 3 31/31/31/28/31/31 spread and a 31/30/30/31/31/31 (HP Ice 70) frame 3 spread. I also find it easier to consistently hit my seed on my DS Lite than on my DSi XL.

Makes me wonder if the 3DS is going to be as difficult as the DSi to RNG on.

My RNG nightmare is over!
Thundurus
Naive
29/31/28/31/30/31

So, I have some tips for anyone going after roamers.

RNG at the house on route 7.
If you search this thread you'll find many giving this advice. While the roamer can be KO'ed and respawned by fighting the E4, you'll have a VERY hard time RNGing the IVs due to battles progressing the frame.

RNG your roamer last.
I decided to go after Thundurus before even getting my Zekrom done, which was probably a mistake. The roamer is probably the most difficult RNG venture in B/W, and you'll be TRAPPED in the Route 7 house until you're done. Even if you can hit your seed, its nature is very hard to control, so you'll likely need to hit your seed many times before you happen upon your goal. So don't start it unless you have a lot of time to devote to the task and don't mind that you'll be stuck in the route 7 house during that time.

If you value your sanity you'll want to use your Master Ball. This means that, until you can acquire the other Master Ball in the game, you won't have it available to quickly catch other legendaries you're trying to RNG for calibration purposes.

If you put off RNGing the roamer for last there might be a new release of RNG Reporter that might have features that could help make things easier. Who knows, good things come to those who wait, right? I'd recommend putting off the roamer as long as possible.

Occasionally recalibrate, confirm frame.
Generally, your calibration value will apply to anything you try to RNG in B/W. But, in the case of the roamer, you may want to keep closer tabs on how close you're landing to your goal. I found that I needed to adjust from -40 to -36 for more consistency.

You may want to track which Nature you get as part of your calibration process. Though you can't control it directly, it being based on the non-C-Gear RNG process, there probably will be a pattern anyway. If there's anything we've learned about the RNG, it's that it's not really random. If you find yourself often getting the same undesired Natures then you might want to choose another seed, or as Mattj suggested, save before leaving the house to advance the frame on the RNG that controls PID/nature/shininess.

While doing this you should check to make sure your roamer's IV spread is landing on the right frame, as well. I found that RNG reporter was reporting my roamer spreads 1 frame earlier than their actual position. So, instead of looking for a spread on frame 4, I chose one on frame 3; when I caught my roamer, the desired IV spread was on frame 4, not 3. This wasn't true when I caught Cobalion: RNG Reporter gave me the correct frame. So check for any inconsistencies. This is probably something that varies from DS to DS.

Frame 4 is the default frame your roamer will be generated on after leaving the house if you don't advance the frame. If you compromise for a less-than-perfect IV spread you can save yourself a lot of stress by picking a spread that doesn't require you to advance frames.

The roamer appears on specific routes.
Depending on what day/time your seed is on, the roamer will appear on one or two routes more often. First, find a route by watching the ticker on one of the route checkpoints. Then ride your bike on and off the route until a thunder storm starts. For the first seed I was going for, it appeared very often on route 6. When I changed seeds, it didn't appear there AT ALL. Route 5 turned out to be the new spot.

So that does it for my tips. I won't be trying to RNG my wife's Tornadus any time soon thanks to what a pain Thundurus proved to be. >:( Some day, though. Can't have Raijin without Fujin.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Heh yeah, Thundurus/Tornadus are by far the worst Pokemon to RNG I've ever seen. They make Raikou, Entei, and Lati@s at the Elite Four look easy by comparison.

And that's definitely some solid advice.
hold on what difference does it make to rng RNG on a dsi than on a regular DS
On a regular DS/DS Lite, you can set your system time by hitting the A button. On a DSi and DSi XL, you're forced to use the touch screen to set your time. Using the touch screen, in my opinion, leaves you more open for error and timing inconsistencies.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
On a regular DS/DS Lite, you can set your system time by hitting the A button. On a DSi and DSi XL, you're forced to use the touch screen to set your time. Using the touch screen, in my opinion, leaves you more open for error and timing inconsistencies.
What I do is hold down my thumb on the touch screen and release it when I start the first timer. You can get timing about as consistent as a regular DS that way.

I do what OmegaDonut said when syncing my DSi. It takes some getting used to, since you're clicking with one hand and "unclicking" with the other. But yes, hitting A is easier.

I actually find the DSi to be a little bit better to abuse RNG with, because you can change the date/time and don't have to power the DS back on afterwards. Also, a DS lite's power button is on a spring mechanism, and can be damaged fairly easily. I dropped my DS lite ONCE and the power button got dislodged, rendering it unusable. I feel safer turning my DSi on and off a million times thanks to the little non-springy power button.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 29)