5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Most urgent question. If using sweet scent and my target frame is 2977, on what frame do I want to use sweet scent?

I'm trying to see if I can get this shiny and would hate to mess this up. sitting on the 2901st frame waiting for some help :D

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Any tips how to RNG dustclouds in caves (especially for Drilbur), ripples in water, or shaking patches in grasses?
Do I also need to run less than 128 steps and hope for a dustcloud/shaking patch/ripple patch to appear?

BTW, how many IV frames does it advance if I sweet scent in water?

@Voodoo Pimp: I know it's against the rules to ask for AR codes, but that's why I asked for what the code is called, so I know what to look up. So can anyone at least tell me what the code to check what frame you're on is called.

Oh man,Trying to generate a seed for a flawless Zekrom with max frame of 13 is IMPOSSIBLE,I've tried for 2011,2012,2013,2014 with min/max delay of 1000/10000
My Mac address is 8A603C,Anyone care to check with me?

Oh man,Trying to generate a seed for a flawless Zekrom with max frame of 13 is IMPOSSIBLE,I've tried for 2011,2012,2013,2014 with min/max delay of 1000/10000
Heh I had a similar yet different problem, I have a hex flawless spread, but it was on the impossible frame of 1 lol

What do you want to use it for? If its going to be purely physical just drop the SpA IV. That will give you 30 more possible results and I managed to get a frame 3 spread with 31 31 31 15 31 31 which is perfectly suitable for my specific use

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
I Wanted a Lonely Mixed Attacker,But i can go for pure physical if there is no hope in getting a hex flawless one.
Maybe if you tried 31 >28 31 31 31 31

You will need to compromise somewhere.
Or you can go for >=30, 31, >=30, 31, >=30, 31.

I also found a spread in frame 3 (meaning no advances), at 4914 delay:
31/31/30/31/30/31
EDIT: Oops, I think this is only from my DS MAC Address

And like what Newts said, we need to compromise a bit ;)

Okay. I'm going to try to rng abuse my own zekrom and Reshiram

But before I start playing pokemon black and white, is there there that I do before I get to those 2 dragons at N's castle?

And do I save right in front of those dragons and then start rng abusing them just like we did to the other legendaries on the 4th gen.?

Yes but take a sync because Natures cannot be controlled yet.

It may pay to use Cobalion to calibrate yourself because after catching Zekrom it is a pain in the butt to get his IVs quickly, you either need to lose to N so you can see your nature and RC for exact IVs, or use the status screen during the N fight while best guessing the nature and having an IV spread of two possible numbers in every stat.

I did it that way so it is possible, but there is a much easier way lol

Yes but take a sync because Natures cannot be controlled yet.

It may pay to use Cobalion to calibrate yourself because after catching Zekrom it is a pain in the butt to get his IVs quickly, you either need to lose to N so you can see your nature and RC for exact IVs, or use the status screen during the N fight while best guessing the nature and having an IV spread of two possible numbers in every stat.

I did it that way so it is possible, but there is a much easier way lol
Thanks, Newts.

This is probably a dumb question, but I'm understanding everything up to this point. For confirming that I hit the C-Gear seed, I need to sweet scent in a cave/patch of grass, yet it also says that battles advance the frame by 120 per second later in the frame advance section. So my question is, is it only trainer battles that advance the frame or any battle. And if its any battle that means I have to advance the frame then sweet scent right?

Example being if I wanted something on Frame 7, -3 for starting gives me 4 frame advancements or 4 saves/walk 128 with 4 pokemon and then sweet scent?

Thanks in advance.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I'll check for you, I have CPU cycles to spare right now. To save time I'm going to try 10001-20000 for the delay.

Like they said, you might have to compromise on the IVs. If you're going for a physical attacker, you can do without special attack. If you're going for a special attacker, you can do without physical attack. If you're going for mixed though, you might need to try higher frames.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
This is probably a dumb question, but I'm understanding everything up to this point. For confirming that I hit the C-Gear seed, I need to sweet scent in a cave/patch of grass, yet it also says that battles advance the frame by 120 per second later in the frame advance section. So my question is, is it only trainer battles that advance the frame or any battle. And if its any battle that means I have to advance the frame then sweet scent right?

Example being if I wanted something on Frame 7, -3 for starting gives me 4 frame advancements or 4 saves/walk 128 with 4 pokemon and then sweet scent?

Thanks in advance.
Whatever your advancements are prior to you using Sweet Scent, that will determine your IVs. So if you are on frame 7 when you use Sweet Scent, your IVs will be determined by frame 7.

Saving only advances the PIDRNG, not the IVRNG. To advance the IVRNG you take 128 steps (and it advances by how many Pokemon are in your party).

Thanks in advance.
All battles advance it. You only verify to calibrate your timer, after that you can't verify your delay before capturing your target. If you are on frame 7 the only way you will know you hit the right seed is if you actually caught your target.

Also saving the game doesn't advance your Cgear frame, you are restricted to walking 128 steps with 4 pokes

Thank You Newts/Sprocket, I just misread the save thing, so no worries there lol. It was just the battle thing I wasn't 100% sure on.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Found one.

C-Gear
C28A882E frame 3, delay 10215
MAC 8a603c
31/31/31/31/31/31

It doesn't get any better than that.

It's beginning to feel like the Cobalion spread I'm aiming for can't be caught Hasty. Rash, Sassy, Adamant, Lax, Docile, Brave... All with a Hasty syncher. Sigh. (To say nothing of the loads of times I've missed my seed, critted it to death, forgotten to repel properly, had it escape from every ball ever until it struggled to death, or run into a Drillbur.)

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Showsni, try letting your game sit for 10 seconds or so with the C-Gear on before you talk to it. That way you further randomize the PIDRNG.

Do flawless spreads on low frames exist? I'm looking through my 4th year now, max frame 13, 2000-13000 delay range, nothing so far..

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Do flawless spreads on low frames exist? I'm looking through my 4th year now, max frame 13, 2000-13000 delay range, nothing so far..
It highly depends on your DS's MAC address. Some MAC addresses get low flawless frames, others aren't so lucky.

If you're willing to get less-than-flawless (ie a not-flawless in one stat like 31/31/31/x/31/31 for a physical attacker) you can probably find some low frame ones.

You might try increasing your delay spread to 1500-20,000.

It highly depends on your DS's MAC address. Some MAC addresses get low flawless frames, others aren't so lucky.

If you're willing to get less-than-flawless (ie a not-flawless in one stat like 31/31/31/x/31/31 for a physical attacker) you can probably find some low frame ones.

You might try increasing your delay spread to 1500-20,000.
I'll try to increase it to 20000.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)