Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have returned!...not that anyone cares...
I was taking an obvious hiatus from HG due to B/W, but know I am returning.
Sadly, I have to grind, a lot, for the E4...

I then got the great idea, Why not do another scramble since I'll be bored..., Wait, I can't do 2 scrambles at onc... /looks at Its A Random

So this will be on Emerald:
No Trading
6 Pokemon

I want this challenging, but not overkill.
If possible, use obscure pokemon that you wouldn't think about using. That doesn't mean "I wouldn't use a no-evo Magikarp" Like a Chimecho for instance. (You don't have to give me Chimecho.)

Thank You!

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Take a Dodrio. It must know Fly, Steel Wing, Attract and Taunt. You can substitute Haze (an egg move) for either of the last two of you wish. Name it No Wings.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Samurai, I'm happy at the moment, because I've recently caught a Shiny Swellow in a random encounter on Black, so therefore, you get a Swellow named Swellowned. Catch it as a Taillow & evolve it before the Rival Battle on Route 110. It must know & keep Facade, Protect & Aerial Ace/Fly. Have it solo all Gym Leader/E4 Pokemon that it can hit for SE Damage with Flying Type Attacks. That means Brawly outright, Winona's Tropius, Sidney's Shiftry & Cacturne, & Wallace's Ludicolo.

Have fun.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Defyin, take a Togepi, name it Jirachi. Togepi thinks its Jirachi, therefore, it must have the Serene Grace ability (Save before you get the egg & SR until you get a Togepi with Serene Grace), & it may only use moves with a percentage-based secondary effect in battle (eg. Extrasensory, AncientPower...). Have it solo 2 Gym Leaders & 1 E4 member of your choice.

Have fun.

@Samurai
Bring a male skitty named Purrdon't. As soon as you obtain EXP.share you must give it to Purrdon't. No other pokemon may hold it and he may hold no other items. Before you evolve he must solo Norman's Vigoroth and have all special attacking or status moves.

@Defyin. Bring a Totodile, SR for a female. Name her Derpina because she is behind the curve. She may only have special attacking moves (get rid of tackle ASAP and stop using it as soon as you learn Water Gun) and may not have a +SpA nature. Derpina may evolve into Croconaw whenever you wish but she must solo Chuck to evolve into Feraligatr.

I'm officially making all my challenges to do with ninjas.... need to change my pic back to a ninja....

@Samurai, take a Marill called Ninjito. Ninjito doesn't want thick fat, that would be a disadvantage to a Ninja, as it would slow it down, so therefore must have Huge Power as a ability. This ninja is a cultural ninja, and likes to learn it's species culture, so must learn Rain Dance, the dance of rain or Hail. I'm not feeling very creative so also it must learn Waterfall, but not surf. Can't have any other STAB moves too. Evolve after Soloing a ninja trainer (one of the kids that hide in bushes or whatever)

@Defyin, take a Mareep called ToFastForU
This Mareep is a ninja in training, and therefore is learning the art of ninjitsu, so must learn every new move it tries to learn that has a possibility of inflicting a status aliment (did I spell that right? Confusion (the aliment, not the move) and Attract counts), and must always have at least one non-paralysis inflicting move as soon as possible (Signal Beam, Toxic, Secret Power, Rest, Attract and Swagger). As part of Mareep's training, it must be able to not only preform status inflicting moves, but also avoid them with sheer ease. To evolve to a Flaaffy, ToFastForU must dodge 5 status inflicting moves that don't do damage (thunderwave, will-o-wisp, toxic etc.... (confusion and attraction still count)). To evolve to a Ampharos, ToFastForU must complete part of his/her's training by inflicting 5 status aliments in one battle (confusion and attraction DO NOT COUNT)

Please ask any questions if you don't understand any part of it.

@Defyin:

for this event you have to free the legendary trio in ekruteak city first...
afterwards inspired by the character Looker from B/W and Platinum you will start roaming Johto in search of them...
Eventually you will run in into Raikou or Entei...After you see either of them you have to catch the first evolvable pokemon you run into the same route...
now the restrictions for this pokemon depend on its nature:
If nature is +atk or sp.atk it is afull attacking pokemon and must solo 2 e4 and 2 kanto gyms(the whole gyms) without healing potions...
If nature is +def or sp.def then it thinks that it is made of steel and that it can survive every hit so it must always lead your party in every major battle and can't switch out until it is beaten or beats another pokemon...don't lead with it if it stacks with other challenges....
if nature +speed or neutral then you have a demon in your hands and as such in order to evolve it must be revived through the use of revives 10 times in order to evolve...if it can evolve more then grind it until death(i mean start battling wild pokemon until you run out of hp) 5 times...

Name it Looker.Have fun.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Updating my HG Scramble...Continuing my quest through Kanto, this time, going up the East Coast through to the Cascade Badge.
  • Hoppip (4xTheFun): Must appear against 2 GLMP to evolve into Skiploom, & KO 2 GLMP to evolve into Jumpluff. Post-Chuck, must be no more than 2 levels below highest levelled Pokemon & must KO at least one Pokemon on each of the E4 member's teams (Vratix)
  • Variable (Dexington)--> Furret (Dexington): Must know & keep Attract, Me First, & Surf/Whirlpool & use Me First against one of Lance's Dragonites (Dexington)
  • Haunter: Must solo every Haunter I see, including Morty's Haunters. May only use moves with a base power below 80 (DetroitLolcat)
  • Starmie (Valence): If kept below Lv40 against E4, must have Surf & BoltBeam. Otherwise, must know Surf, but no BoltBeam (Treadshot A1)
  • Wooper (Yawn): If ability is Damp, Must know & keep Yawn & Yawn 5 Pokemon to sleep to evolve. If ability is Water Absorb, must know & keep Yawn & Rest & Yawn 10 Pokemon to sleep to evolve (Edwin Illan)
  • Lapras: Must Solo 30 Gym Leader & E4 Pokemon combined before Blue, & may either be all Physical or all Special (Athenodoros)

From Fuschia, I wasted no time going up the East Coast of Kanto, gaining experience along the way & encountering Suicune (And Eusine) again. Route 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8...Beat all the trainers there as I arrive in Cerulean. Upon getting there, I deal with the Rocket Skirmish & go up the Nugget Bridge through Routes 24 & 25 along the way to Cerulean Cape, where I find Misty with another man...After being scolded by her, I get told to go to the Cerulean Gym, & that's where I go...After healing up...After beating the minor Trainers, I confront Misty & challenge her for Gym Badge #13.

Atheno leads against Golduck & wins easily, paralysing it with Body Slam before delivering a Critical Hit Body Slam..25...Next was Quagsire, & the same thing happens as before, but Quagsire takes an extra hit to go down...26...Third was Misty's Lapras. Her Lapras also gets paralysed, but she pulls through & kills Atheno with a Critical Hit Body Slam. So Valence comes in & revenge kills with Thunderbolt. Last was Starmie, & i send in 4xTheFun, only for him to OHKOed by Ice Beam. This leaves me no choice but to send in my Valence, who eventually wins out despite some confusion hax. Valence having Thunderbolt, something Misty's Starmie lacked, proving to be decisive.

After that, I heal up & get ready for the next part. In Cerulean City at the moment.

Troll (Male Haunter) @ Nothing
Lv:51/Docile/Levitate
-Hypnosis
-Night Shade
-Confuse Ray
-Curse
Comments: Unfortunately, Post-E4, Troll has started to show signs of falling by the wayside. His combo isn't cutting it anymore, nor is Night Shade, & Hypnosis' unreliability is fast becoming a liability. Current LVP.

Yawn (Male Quagsire) @ Nothing
Lv:51/Gentle/Damp
-Yawn
-Waterfall
-Headbutt
-Earthquake
Pokemon Yawned to Sleep: 5/5
Comments: Since evolution, his usefulness has shot up, with great Bulk & a good move in Yawn. With Earthquake, it's now a powerhouse on the team.

Atheno (Female Lapras) @ Nothing
Lv:51/Naive/Water Absorb
-Confuse Ray
-Ice Shard
-Waterfall
-Body Slam
Gym Leader/E4 Pokemon Solos: 26/30
Comments: A great Physical force, only 4 GLP Solos to go! Current MVP.

Dexington (Male Furret) @ Nothing
Lv:51/Brave/Run Away
-Strength
-Whirlpool
-Attract
-Me First
Comments: Struggling somewhat, but Strength is a good move for now...

Valence (Genderless Starmie) @ Nothing
Lv:52/Hardy/Natural Cure
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Recover
-Ice Beam
Comments: Since the E4 (And subsequently, the level cap removal), Valence has broken through its shackles & become an absolute powerhouse. Atheno, watch out. Valence is coming...And fast...

4xTheFun (Male Jumpluff) @ Nothing
Lv:52/Modest/Chlorophyll
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed
-Substitute
-Giga Drain
GLMP Appearances: 2/2 GLMP Solos: 2/2
Comments: Very useful with Sleep-Sub-Seed, it basically owns.

That concludes the update, the 16th for this Scramble, just three badges to go. As always, you can find the OP to this Scramble here, & I do hope you enjoyed this update.

Defyin, take a Koffing named "AllahAkbar". It must always know Selfdestruct/Explosion, but it may NEVER use it, except for once in the Lance battle, where Selfdestruct/Explosion MUST land the KO on Lance's last Pokemon (even if it's his Aerodactyl).

Samurai, take a female Ralts named "Happy". She is always happy, so she must learn Return ASAP and use it at least once in every battle she is involved in. If she fails to express her happiness in this way, she becomes depressed and cannot battle the next Gym Leader/E4 member.

For Fire Red, I'm going to give a friend a Squirtle, Vulpix, Grimer, and Kabuto (No Evolution) and I need help with names, sets, and the last two pokemon. (No Trading)

@Mr. Rubiks

Your friend gets a Pikachu. It can only use moves that have been used by Ash's Pikachu. List: ThunderShock, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Agility, Quick Attack, Double Edge, Iron Tail, Volt Tackle.

It also cannot hold a Light Ball or evolve to Raichu.

Have Fun!

@Mr. Rubiks
The Squirtle must be called Leo.
Leo is a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, and has a lot of ninja skills, such as, rapid spin and double team.
Also, Leo must be a male.
Leo is as fast as any other ninja, but doesn't want to fall behind, so he cannot be a -speed nature.

That's all.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Mr.Rubiks, your friend gets a Dugtrio, name it WhacAMole. It must be caught as a Dugtrio, before the third badge. It may not be used against Lt. Surge, & it must know & keep Dig, which 1. Is the only Ground Type move it can use, & 2. It must use it in every Trainer battle it appears in at least once. Have it solo a Gym Leader of his choice not named Lt. Surge.

Have fun.

Also, I feel validated for giving people Flapper the Cheri Berry Zubat, using in my Sapphire Payback Scramble; it is a fucking tank & it hits like one too. It basically owns. I'll update that scramble in a few hours. :)

Lots of Scrambles :)

@Samurai 796, take a Spinda named Focus. Focus is trying to be more single-minded, instead of being ditzy and wandering everywhere, so it must be Adamant. Also, it cannot learn any moves that may cause Confusion. To prove its determination, it must solo Winona, and 3 Elite 4 Pokemon.

@Defyin, take a Dratini named Dragoon. As a Dratini, it cannot use a move with more then 90 base power. As a Dragonair, it cannot use a move with more then 60 base power, and as a Dragonite, it cannot use a move with more then 40 base power. Whether you choose to evolve it or not, it must solo 1 Johto gym leader, 5 E4/Champion Pokemon, and 2 Kanto gym leaders. Have fun :)

I'm looking for a Leaf Green Scramble. No trading.

* I want a starter, and nine other Pokemon, with one to be caught before beating Brock, and then a new Pokemon to be caught after winning each Gym Badge (and before winning the next). Please specify when I should capture the Pokemon. (Note that normally I take on Sabrina before Koga.)

* I will rotate my Pokemon, keeping all ten in my "squad" within five levels of each other. Please don't give conditions that will screw this up (like requiring I always lead with a certain Poke).

* At most five Pokemon may be banned from reaching their final evolutions before the Elite 4. (I've clarified this a bit. Pokemon that may evolve if they meet some extra requirements, like using moves enough times or winning or soloing some battles, don't count towards this limit, except when such requirements for different Pokemon clash.)

* All Pokemon must have at least a 5% encounter chance, taking into account any restrictions on nature, ability, or gender you want to make. No restrictions beyond species on anything from the Safari Zone. I want to train my Pokemon, not spend hours trying to catch them!

* I reserve the right to ignore restrictions on how I may battle if I think it would make excessive grinding necessary to win.

@Mr. Rubiks
Your friend gets Gilbert the Grimer. Gilbert is rather gooey, but he loves it. Therefore, it must have Sticky Hold. It must also know and keep Pound to spread the goo which can only be replaced with Body Slam. To prove it is the gooiest, solo all other Grimers and Muks. Evolve after soloing Koga's Muk.

@cantab
You get Twitter the Pidgey. Twitter is obsessed with Twitter. Whenever it gets into a major battle like a rival battle or Gym battle, it has to Tweet about it. Therefore, it must use a non-damaging move while it Tweets. Can evolve into Pidgeotto whenever it wants, but to evolve into Pidgeot, it must have Tweeted at least 10 times. (A Tweet is basically a major battle appearance.)

Ok, thank you for the challenges.
I see now that people don't like using Normal-types. This reminds me of auramaster's super-hard scramble where he got a Mono-Normal team. I do only have 4 Normal-types, but that's more than enough for me.

Will probably start later today.
Thanks again.

@cantab

Your starter is Knight the Charmander. He is a Knight through and through, and must have a Knightly nature: Adamant, Bold, Brave, Calm, Gentle, Hardy, Lonely, Modest, Quiet, or Rash. He must always know 2 of the following: Metal Claw, Iron Tail, Steel Wing. He can evolve to Charmeleon whenever you please, but he must solo 2 gym leaders of choice to evolve into Charizard.

@ Defyin:

It's real hard to train a Gyarados, so, do it badly. Raise it from a Magikarp. It must retain Splash, and use it every other turn, to simulate Truant. Its only damaging moves can be weak, non-STAB, special moves that don't hit Ground, Rock, or Electric for SE. (Your choices are Dragon Rage, Twister, Snore, and Uproar.) I'll be kind and say you can use whatever status moves you like.
Try and beat Brock, Surge, and Red's Pikachu, and capture Zapdos, with it.

@cantab, after defeating Erika, catch a Poliwag named Poli. It cannot evolve to Poliwhirl unless its ability has activated in a previous battle. It can evolve to Poliwrath whenever you want, but after evolving it cannot learn any new moves.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
cantab, take a Vaporeon & name it Moira. Must have a moveset of Rain Dance/Surf/Ice Beam (Or Blizzard)/Shadow Ball before the E4, must solo an E4 Member of your choice.

Have fun.

EDIT: Updated my Sapphire Payback Scramble up to the Balance Badge, you can see the latest update, along with all the others here. Enjoy! :)

@cantab: Between Sabrina and Koga, backtrack to Lavender Town and catch yourself a Gastly. As a Gastly it is rather Timid (yes, it must have a Timid nature), so it may only use status moves. It must solo any one Pokemon in Koga's Gym to evolve to Haunter. As a Haunter it experiences a huge amount of boosted self-esteem, so it must replace all its moves with attacking moves ASAP. If you can trade, you may evolve it to Gengar whenever you wish, as long as it has four attacking moves. If you evolve it into Gengar, the moveset it had when it evolved will be its final moveset, since it feels confident enough that it shouldn't have to change. Regardless of whether or not it evolved again, you must solo all three of Agatha's Ghost-types. Name it ChngeOfHrt.

My friend still needs names and restrictions for a vulpix and a kabuto (that can't evolve) on a Fire Red challenge.

Also, I've decided to do a Leaf Green challenge with my friend, and all he's given me is the starter (Bulbasaur named Sleepster), so i need 5 more. Not totally impossible but definitely challenging. Thanks! (No Trading)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)