5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I see. To think I could have saved a lot time if I knew only the last bit of the upper half determined it. That's great news for those who have XD Togepis out there. Thanks guys!

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I see. To think I could have saved a lot time if I knew only the last bit of the upper half determined it. That's great news for those who have XD Togepis out there. Thanks guys!
It's not recalculated anyway. If something evolves in B/W, the ability is determined the same way it was in 4th gen.

How does C-Gear breeding work? I have both a flawless ditto and a parent with the desired IVs. Also an everstone and power items if necessary.

Are delays in 5th gen not like those in 4th gen in that you either land on even or you land on odd? I've been attempting to calibrate for Victini, but I'm not consistenly landing with either even or odd delays. Is there anything I can do to get it more stable?

Great, looks like this will take a little longer than expected. Thanks for the quick response Sprocket.

EDIT: What is the NAME of the AR code for checking your current frame in White? I'm not asking for the actual code as some of you thought a few days ago, just the name so I not what to search for in google.

How does C-Gear breeding work? I have both a flawless ditto and a parent with the desired IVs. Also an everstone and power items if necessary.
C-Gear Breeding as of right now is a mix of luck and normal RNG abuse. Currently I am working on a three part timer to help with it. Here is the basic breakdown:

Start inside the daycare and save.
Find an ideal spread for you using the time finder. Use normal Method 5 (C-gear). Try to go for 3 IVs at max and then grab that seed. The next part is much trickier. Check for a frame which is ideal to you (Gives proper nature, parental IVs etc.) After determining what frame you want, do you abuse like normal, but as soon as you hit the PIDRNG frame you want, you collect the egg (This means receive it, not start talking to the old man.)
Hatch the egg and pray its what you wanted.

Check for a frame which is ideal to you (Gives proper nature, parental IVs etc.)
I thought C-Gear RNG abuse was separate from the PIDRNG that controls nature and stuff. How would you find one of these frames?

Does anyone know the starting frame for gift Pokemon like Zorua and the Larvesta egg?

I was told by someone that they were using emloop, and since I was always comfortable with it, I just wanted to know if there ever needs to be any tweaking with it, or do you just put the delay in, have 60 for the first timer, and go from there?

Hey, I have a question. I glanced through the past couple pages and did not see this question, hopefully I'm not missing something obvious. This is my first B/W RNG, so I'm going to put a little extra info here just in case I'm making my error in an earlier step.

Using my MAC address, I found I have this: Seed: 440CB317 Frame: 3 IV: 31/2/30/31/31/31
I can use this straight away as both calibration and final result correct? As in the result of my calibration will be the above IV spread? I'm testing this on Reshiram, so I am loading the game at the first timer, then turning on the c-gear at the second timer. I then catch Reshiram and lose to N and use rare candies to confirm his IVs.

From seed to time, i'm using time 20:04:00. So after a few attempts at hitting my seed, every one landed on time 20:04:03 (the delay was closer to the desired delay each time, so that was going well). I attempted to account for this on the EonTimer by setting the target seconds to 57 instead of 00, but then the IVs could no longer be located in any of the attempts. So my question is what do I do to reach time 20:04:00 from 20:04:03?

Thanks for the assistance, and thanks for all the hard work everyone has put in.

C-Gear Breeding as of right now is a mix of luck and normal RNG abuse. Currently I am working on a three part timer to help with it. Here is the basic breakdown:

Start inside the daycare and save.
Find an ideal spread for you using the time finder. Use normal Method 5 (C-gear). Try to go for 3 IVs at max and then grab that seed. The next part is much trickier. Check for a frame which is ideal to you (Gives proper nature, parental IVs etc.)
Let me stop you right there since I was making the same mistake a while ago:

As ToastPlusOne pointed out to me, the PIDRNG isn't reseeded when you turn on the C-Gear, so you're still using whatever your "standard" (non-CGear) seed gives you in terms of inheritance. And, since we can't check those seeds or else we would just use them alone for breeding, there's no point in advancing the PIDRNG and no way of knowing what nature/gender/inheritance you'll get ahead of time.

Hey, I have a question. I glanced through the past couple pages and did not see this question, hopefully I'm not missing something obvious. This is my first B/W RNG, so I'm going to put a little extra info here just in case I'm making my error in an earlier step.

Using my MAC address, I found I have this: Seed: 440CB317 Frame: 3 IV: 31/2/30/31/31/31
I can use this straight away as both calibration and final result correct? As in the result of my calibration will be the above IV spread? I'm testing this on Reshiram, so I am loading the game at the first timer, then turning on the c-gear at the second timer. I then catch Reshiram and lose to N and use rare candies to confirm his IVs.

From seed to time, i'm using time 20:04:00. So after a few attempts at hitting my seed, every one landed on time 20:04:03 (the delay was closer to the desired delay each time, so that was going well). I attempted to account for this on the EonTimer by setting the target seconds to 57 instead of 00, but then the IVs could no longer be located in any of the attempts. So my question is what do I do to reach time 20:04:00 from 20:04:03?

Thanks for the assistance, and thanks for all the hard work everyone has put in.

1. Make sure that you're turning on your C-Gear in-game, NOT at the Continue screen.

2. Make sure to start EonTimer at the exact same time as you set your DS time.

3. Make sure to set your DS time back a number of minutes equal to what EonTimer tells you to.

hey guys how do you RNG thundurus do you save in the house and just hit my delay and go outside and encounter it or is it safer to save outside hit my delay go in the house come back out and then encounter it

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

As ToastPlusOne pointed out to me, the PIDRNG isn't reseeded when you turn on the C-Gear, so you're still using whatever your "standard" (non-CGear) seed gives you in terms of inheritance. And, since we can't check those seeds or else we would just use them alone for breeding, there's no point in advancing the PIDRNG and no way of knowing what nature/gender/inheritance you'll get ahead of time.
Just to add to this, while you would have no way of knowing what seed you have, it is likely that you'll hit one of just a couple of seeds throughout the process so you'll see a bit of repetition. To avoid this, you can either wait a little extra time or you can hold different buttons on SR.

i personally find the result to be more consistent to calibarate by using the stylus to start the game from the DS menu rather than soft-resetting in-game pressing four buttons with my fingers (really only one finger with 3 holding down) when the first timer hits 00:00

you may want to try that

Yeah, that was my concern.

Let me just ask about the IVs since the PID appears to be random. How do I make it so that the egg has just the IVs I want? I'm using this seed:8fd6946 and it has the IVs 31/14/30/31/31/31 on frame 18. My female Vulpix has 31/30/30/31/31/31. And the male Ninetales is hexflawless.

If I hit the seed and make the right advancements, would the egg have those IVs?

Edit: And if it would make it easier, I also have a seed that has the same IVs as the Vulpix, but on frame 51.

Yeah, that was my concern.

Let me just ask about the IVs since the PID appears to be random. How do I make it so that the egg has just the IVs I want? I'm using this seed:8fd6946 and it has the IVs 31/14/30/31/31/31 on frame 18. My female Vulpix has 31/30/30/31/31/31. And the male Ninetales is hexflawless.

If I hit the seed and make the right advancements, would the egg have those IVs?

Edit: And if it would make it easier, I also have a seed that has the same IVs as the Vulpix, but on frame 51.
I can guarantee that the egg would be at least 31/x/x/31/31/31. However, since the egg might inherit Attack and/or Defense from either parent, those aren't guaranteed to be what you want. If I were you, I would give the Vulpix a Power Belt if it isn't already holding an Everstone, which would guarantee a more reliable 31/x/30/31/31/31 spread.

The one on Frame 51 would have the same problem and just be harder to advance to.

Oh wow... Derp... I cannot believe I forgot that. I came here to help out and learn something instead. Well in any case, I got a question:

I have been at catching Victini for about 28 hours now. I have gotten the seed four times (That I know of), but the nature is ALWAYS wrong and ALWAYS different. I am using a synchronizer. I calibrated using Kyurem because its high level makes IVs easy to check. I am also switching to a Joltik (sp?) with 41 speed (The Victini I am going for has 42 speed) in order to see if it is the correct Victini. So I get in about 20 RNG abuse attempts/hour.

Am I just cursed or something?! I mean should I just wait for Non-C Gear seeds?

Oh wow... Derp... I cannot believe I forgot that. I came here to help out and learn something instead. Well in any case, I got a question:

I have been at catching Victini for about 28 hours now. I have gotten the seed four times (That I know of), but the nature is ALWAYS wrong and ALWAYS different. I am using a synchronizer. I calibrated using Kyurem because its high level makes IVs easy to check. I am also switching to a Joltik (sp?) with 41 speed (The Victini I am going for has 42 speed) in order to see if it is the correct Victini. So I get in about 20 RNG abuse attempts/hour.

Am I just cursed or something?! I mean should I just wait for Non-C Gear seeds?
Yeah, sounds like you're just having bad luck with the Synchronizer. You could either wait, or mess with the PID some more by saving/leaving the C-Gear on longer/holding down a random button as you reset your game.

I'm trying to use Eon Timer again for a different seed, but I forgot what was the default number for the Calibration box?

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
I think I have something a bit interesting to share...
Depending on your target time, your seed, and the lead pokemon you have...the encounter slots could be uniform the moment you've sweet scented on your target time.

Consider my case: It appears that every time I choose a target time of 2:03:06 at 3/24/2011 in my game, for a spread of 31/31/31/7/31/31 (2932 delay, seed = 51e866cc, C-gear seed = ffdc4650) using a Jolly Syncher...
I almost always ended up encountering a Level 33 Female Regenerator Mienfoo in Dragonspiral Tower, even if I've missed my seed. I also came back to Dragonspiral later, and used the same target time...and what ya know...I again encountered a Level 33 Female Mienfoo, with the Regenerator ability.

Later I also attempted to catch Joltik using a different seed, and again it seems that on one particular target time, I either encounter a Level 24 Male Unnerve Joltik or a Level 24 Female Compoundeyes Joltik...but rarely encountering the other pokes present in that particular floor in Chargestone Cave.

Is the target time sort of connected to some PIDRNG right?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm trying to use Eon Timer again for a different seed, but I forgot what was the default number for the Calibration box?
You should be able to use the same calibration for every seed, and the default isn't really important regardless.

I think I have something a bit interesting to share...
Depending on your target time, your seed, and the lead pokemon you have...the encounter slots could be uniform the moment you've sweet scented on your target time.

Consider my case: It appears that every time I choose a target time of 2:03:06 at 3/24/2011 in my game, for a spread of 31/31/31/7/31/31 (2932 delay, seed = 51e866cc, C-gear seed = ffdc4650) using a Jolly Syncher...
I almost always ended up encountering a Level 33 Female Regenerator Mienfoo in Dragonspiral Tower, even if I've missed my seed. I also came back to Dragonspiral later, and used the same target time...and what ya know...I again encountered a Level 33 Female Mienfoo, with the Regenerator ability.

Later I also attempted to catch Joltik using a different seed, and again it seems that on one particular target time, I either encounter a Level 24 Male Unnerve Joltik or a Level 24 Female Compoundeyes Joltik...but rarely encountering the other pokes present in that particular floor in Chargestone Cave.

Is the target time sort of connected to some PIDRNG right?
It's actually not that unusual; that's just your hitting a specific frame of your Non-CGear seed over and over again. Since you're resetting at around the same second, it makes sense that you keep getting the same one. Try holding down A or B as your game loads up next time, and see if you get different results.

You should be able to use the same calibration for every seed, and the default isn't really important regardless.
So you're saying if I got -32 for one a previous seed, I can keep using that for anything? I thought different delay would make you have to start at -95 for every seed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)