5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

One more question for tonight. I notice that I hit yes and turn the C-Gear on RIGHT after the timer stops. Should I try to be doing this a little earlier before the timer stops or am I fine? I ask because I have my stylus literally next to the yes button, and then I go for it as soon as I hear the beep, but I was afraid I wasn't being precise enough.

At the very least when you have 1 calibration down, you'll be so close to hitting your seed (if not outright) that you'll only have to do very minor calibration to hit the exact one you want instead of toiling for hours like the initial one. For example, the one I caught Reshiram on was -2, and I had to just up it a bit to -4 to catch a different seed/delay combo.

As for your question, either way works, just be consistent in how you do it. I personally find the beeps throw me off and I have my sound off, but every person's different. The key is consistency though, if you do it one way one time and the other way another time, you'll just end up confusing your timer more than likely.

Im using eon timer, but I rely on pika timer for the beeps (so easy for me be consistent with it).

And what do you mean when you say 1 calibration down? I've heard this but I don't understand.

Sorry if this question is about non C Gear, this is a simple mathematic matter:

is that correct that we can target Frame 1 spreads with non CG ? Because, if I'm not wrong with the calcs:

1 (target) -1 (Initial) -1 (starting) +1 = 0 advancements

Sorry if this question is about non C Gear, this is a simple mathematic matter:

is that correct that we can target Frame 1 spreads with non CG ? Because, if I'm not wrong with the calcs:

1 (target) -1 (Initial) -1 (starting) +1 = 0 advancements
Yep.

What is the Delay? I missed my target iv's and when i caught the pokemon, its IV's were in one of the results at the bottom in the "if you messed up, you got one of these" section but once i know which result I got, what do I do?

What is the Delay? I missed my target iv's and when i caught the pokemon, its IV's were in one of the results at the bottom in the "if you messed up, you got one of these" section but once i know which result I got, what do I do?
You want to update the timer, with the delay you did hit. Keep rinsing and repeating and you will hit it, just pray your synch works.

Roamer question:

- Starting Frame is 2* (The speed IV will be put before the SpA IV, shifting them right)
So if im using a 30/31/30/31/31/31 spread, then the IV order will be HP/Att/Def/Spe/SpA/SpDef and i'll practically get the same IVs, right?

hey guys how do you RNG thundurus do you save in the house and just hit my delay and go outside and encounter it or is it safer to save outside hit my delay go in the house come back out and then encounter it
hello guys..im still want to know about this question too..anyone can answer this..?

I was told by someone that they were using emloop, and since I was always comfortable with it, I just wanted to know if there ever needs to be any tweaking with it, or do you just put the delay in, have 60 for the first timer, and go from there?
Well, it's unlikely 60 will work for the first timer... The first timer plus the second timer has to add up to the seconds you want to hit. So, random example, say I want delay 2010 at 22:48:30. Put 2010 in the box, and that gives a wait of 33.5. Assuming I'm starting with the calibration set to 0 (is 4.5 the default?), I need to have a first timer that's long enough for me to reset, and adds to 33.5 to make the 30 seconds I'm aiming for; so, if I have a first timer of 56.5, that gives me long enough to reset, and I need to set my DS clock to 1 minute ahead (i.e. 22:47) to end up on 22:48:30 exactly as the second timer finishes. Then to calibrate; say I'm hitting a delay of 1998 pretty consistently. So, my delay is 12 too low. I add 12 to the target delay in the box to give 2022. My wait changes to 33.7 seconds. So I adjust the first timer to 56.3 to make up the difference.

Still curious what I need to do.. (look up a few posts)
Also, as for frames: Is there a way to get the frame up in the hundreds without having to count steps for hours? Does entering/leaving a cave change the frames (or anything else)?

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Does it matter if I walk like 5 or more steps after the 128 steps frame advancement?
If it works the same as gen 4, it *might* matter. You might pass the exact point at which the frames advance within those 5 step, meaning you have advanced the frame 2 * # of party members. Then again, it might not.

Still curious what I need to do.. (look up a few posts)
Also, as for frames: Is there a way to get the frame up in the hundreds without having to count steps for hours? Does entering/leaving a cave change the frames (or anything else)?
If you can get to a PC, withdrawing a Pokémon increases the frame (by 7, I think).

If it works the same as gen 4, it *might* matter. You might pass the exact point at which the frames advance within those 5 step, meaning you have advanced the frame 2 * # of party members. Then again, it might not.

Yeah i should try being more precise, but I never read anything of 5th gen having a step counter.

Yeah i should try being more precise, but I never read anything of 5th gen having a step counter.
Oh, this gen certainly has a step counter. I know this from personal experience. You could, theoretically be on step 127 and then only need to step once to advance your frame by the number of Pokemon in your party, You need to be careful of that.

Edit: I should be more clear. If you saved you game and you were on step 127 and then you started your game and advanced by 129 steps instead of exactly 128 then you would advance your frame twice by the number of Pokemon in your party. So, if you had 5 Pokemon in your party you just advanced your frame by 10 instead of 5.

I'm sorry if this has been answered somewhere totally obvious, but I can't seem to find information regarding it.

Is anyone RNGing on English carts right now, or does it only work on Japanese carts still? If it works, do I have to do anything special with RNG Reporter? I noticed of course that the only available options are still Black (Japanese) and White (Japanese).

I finally got RNG Reporter to work on Wine for Mac OS, but now it seems like I'm not sure if I can even use it. :P

Thanks.

I'm sorry if this has been answered somewhere totally obvious, but I can't seem to find information regarding it.

Is anyone RNGing on English carts right now, or does it only work on Japanese carts still? If it works, do I have to do anything special with RNG Reporter? I noticed of course that the only available options are still Black (Japanese) and White (Japanese).

Thanks.
C-Gear RNGing has been working ever since the games were released, since it doesn't matter which version you pick for those in RNG Reporter.

so then what is the delay?
When you enter/exit a cave, pokemon center, etc, does it change your frame?
If you walk 128 steps and a few more (say, 140 total) is your frame still only advanced for the 128?

I can guarantee that the egg would be at least 31/x/x/31/31/31. However, since the egg might inherit Attack and/or Defense from either parent, those aren't guaranteed to be what you want. If I were you, I would give the Vulpix a Power Belt if it isn't already holding an Everstone, which would guarantee a more reliable 31/x/30/31/31/31 spread.

The one on Frame 51 would have the same problem and just be harder to advance to.
Ok thanks.

By the way, your sig is hilarious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)