5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Well, it's unlikely 60 will work for the first timer... The first timer plus the second timer has to add up to the seconds you want to hit. So, random example, say I want delay 2010 at 22:48:30. Put 2010 in the box, and that gives a wait of 33.5. Assuming I'm starting with the calibration set to 0 (is 4.5 the default?), I need to have a first timer that's long enough for me to reset, and adds to 33.5 to make the 30 seconds I'm aiming for; so, if I have a first timer of 56.5, that gives me long enough to reset, and I need to set my DS clock to 1 minute ahead (i.e. 22:47) to end up on 22:48:30 exactly as the second timer finishes. Then to calibrate; say I'm hitting a delay of 1998 pretty consistently. So, my delay is 12 too low. I add 12 to the target delay in the box to give 2022. My wait changes to 33.7 seconds. So I adjust the first timer to 56.3 to make up the difference.
Im sorry I'm a little lost. Why is everything adding up to 90 seconds for you?

Also can anyone explain to me what 1 calibration down means? I went from -95 to -32 after I first calibrated.

I want to RNG Reshiram and found a good C-Gear spread with a frame of 310.
Since it's a C-Gear spread, I start on frame 3.
I have 5 'mons in my party so I can advance my frame with the walking 128 steps method. However, if I do that, I'll land on frame 308. Does the saving your game method works with C-Gear spreads too? If not, how do I advance my frame so I can land on 310?

Also can anyone explain to me what 1 calibration down means? I went from -95 to -32 after I first calibrated.
Because he's using a target seconds of 30 and has to start his timer 1 minute/60 seconds ahead in order to hit it. 60 + 30 = 90.

It means just that: once you have your first calibration down, you should be set for every RNG attempt after that, only adjusting by 1 or so as necessary. Don't overthink it.

I want to RNG Reshiram and found a good C-Gear spread with a frame of 310.
Since it's a C-Gear spread, I start on frame 3.
I have 5 'mons in my party so I can advance my frame with the walking 128 steps method. However, if I do that, I'll land on frame 308. Does the saving your game method works with C-Gear spreads too? If not, how do I advance my frame so I can land on 310?
No, it doesn't. To hit 310...you would have to withdraw 1 Pokemon from your PC, then walk 128 steps a total of 60 times with 5 Pokemon in your party (or 50 times with 6)...

Good luck.

How do you RNG dustclouds/surf spots/shaking grass? Just walk around and hope they appear?
Well from experience when I was RNGing Drilbur, the shaking spots are so random. They can appear in less than a minute, maybe two minutes. It's just random. One way to best ensure that you can successfully RNG those spots is to get frames higher than 3 and less than 2 Pokemon's in your Party, preferably just that syncher, if you can.

Make sure it's at a higher level than the Pokemons in your area or else Repels won't repel Pokemons. It's the same as RNGing wild Pokemons, but if you're going to do shaky spots, prepare to pick up items and restart your timer every time. It's a hassle.. I don't know about the other two spots and if items appear or not.

How did you get down to -32 sec,what is the delay you trying to hit and what is your calibrated sec

Because he's using a target seconds of 30 and has to start his timer 1 minute/60 seconds ahead in order to hit it. 60 + 30 = 90.

It means just that: once you have your first calibration down, you should be set for every RNG attempt after that, only adjusting by 1 or so as necessary. Don't overthink it.
I understand now. So for emloop lets say I have a delay of 19158 and my target time is 12:53:30. I get 319.3 which would mean I would have to set my DS 5 or 6 minutes back. Then the second timer would be set at 30, allowing me enough time to get back in the game and be ready to push yes for the C-Gear. Does that sound right?

At what point do you save fore you begin to RNG Tornadus in Pokemon Black? When do I need to save before the IVs are set so that you're able to RNG it?

I understand now. So for emloop lets say I have a delay of 19158 and my target time is 12:53:30. I get 319.3 which would mean I would have to set my DS 5 or 6 minutes back. Then the second timer would be set at 30, allowing me enough time to get back in the game and be ready to push yes for the C-Gear. Does that sound right?
No, actually. I'm assuming that you've used Emloop before and at least have a good idea of how it works, due to how you were referring to it before:

1. Input your target delay into Emloop as you normally would.

2. Click the button below where you put the delay; this will convert it into time in seconds and in minutes. Note the number of seconds listed in the minutes result (in this case, 19.3).

3. Take your target seconds and subtract that number from it (so, 30-19.3=10.7). Type that number into where you keep the first timer (the top of the two white boxes to the right of the start button). If that number is below 30, add an additional 60 to it.

4. Set your DS clock back before your target time by however many minutes Emloop gave you in step 2. If you added 60 in the previous step, you'll need to set your DS time back an additional minute.

5. Start Emloop at the same time as you set your DS clock. When the first timer ends is when you need to (re)start your game, and the second timer is when you'll need to start the C-Gear in-game.

6. Catch a Pokemon to check your delay. If you missed your target, update the delay in Emloop accordingly until you are within an acceptable margin of error.

No, actually. I'm assuming that you've used Emloop before and at least have a good idea of how it works, due to how you were referring to it before:

1. Input your target delay into Emloop as you normally would.

2. Click the button below where you put the delay; this will convert it into time in seconds and in minutes. Note the number of seconds listed in the minutes result (in this case, 19.3).

3. Take your target seconds and subtract that number from it (so, 30-19.3=10.7). Type that number into where you keep the first timer (the top of the two white boxes to the right of the start button). If that number is below 30, add an additional 60 to it.

4. Set your DS clock back before your target time by however many minutes Emloop gave you in step 2. If you added 60 in the previous step, you'll need to set your DS time back an additional minute.

5. Start Emloop at the same time as you set your DS clock. When the first timer ends is when you need to (re)start your game, and the second timer is when you'll need to start the C-Gear in-game.

6. Catch a Pokemon to check your delay. If you missed your target, update the delay in Emloop accordingly until you are within an acceptable margin of error.
What was messing me up was that I never had to deal with a delay that used minutes and seconds. I'm going to try a different seed with a different delay

1. I have the following target time and delay: 2011 06 29 17:55:30 19291

2. After I put in delay I get 5分21.51 (5 minutes and 21.51 seconds)

3. I subtract 30 from 21.51 giving me 8.49

4. Knowing that's not enough time to get in to the game, I add 60 giving me 68.49

5. I put 68.49 in the first timer and 321.51 in the second timer

6. I set my DS back 6 minutes because of that additional minute.

What was messing me up was that I never had to deal with a delay that used minutes and seconds. I'm going to try a different seed with a different delay

1. I have the following target time and delay: 2011 06 29 17:55:30 19291

2. After I put in delay I get 5分21.51 (5 minutes and 21.51 seconds)

3. I subtract 30 from 21.51 giving me 8.49

4. Knowing that's not enough time to get in to the game, I add 60 giving me 68.49

5. I put 68.49 in the first timer and 321.51 in the second timer

6. I set my DS back 6 minutes because of that additional minute.
You got it, except for the bolded part. That's already being counted since you put in your delay.

RNGing a roaming pokemon; After i do my necessary frame advancements in the house will getting into a pokemon battle before i run into the roamer screw with my frame?

Mkay, so I was thinking of RNGing my fossil later tonight (Archeops), had a couple of questions for it...

1) When are the IVs/nature generated for it? As soon as you turn in the fossil or what exactly? And is it at all possible to synch a nature to it or are you just reliant on whatever nature the game assigns it?

2) Does it start on frame 1 like any other legendary and such?

3) Do any of the wandering NPCs and such affect the rng at all, or not?

I have my Delays at -99 +99 in seeds to time and yes I'm using a DSi. Any recomendation to get rid of the No Ivs Found message in the Search Ivs box?

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
ctccromer, I recommend you learn how to check IVs yourself. It's not a hard process, especially since the Battle Subway will auto-level your Pokemon to level 50.

I have my seed for a roamer ( thundurus) AC15E577 and I go to seed to time. I type in my MAC address 11e30b and the seed, but what about the seconds? Can i pick an arbitrary number and I just have to turn on the C-Gear in game at that second? And about the delay when you hit generate. Is that delay the moment you hit continue from the time I soft reset?

Where should I save before I do my frame advances? When is Thundurus/Tornadus' spread generated?

hey guys how do you RNG thundurus do you save in the house and just hit my delay and go outside and encounter it or is it safer to save outside hit my delay go in the house come back out and then encounter it

still trying to get this answered,anyone :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)