Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Open Battle:

3vs3 Singles battle
DQ time: 3 days
0 Recover/ 5 Chills
Arena: The desert, late at night. There is absolutely no humidity in the air, no oasis nearby and the area is, for the most part, clean, with the ocasional dune for cover. The land is very soft, good for digging. When one of the pokemon have 1/3 (rounded down) or less of their max HP, there is a 20% chance per round that a wild murkrow will appear to confuse (prankster confuse ray) both players. Also, the wind can start blowing at any time (50% chance per round of a sandstorm) and it is freezing outside (0°C/32°F).

think this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Judea_2_by_David_Shankbone.jpg

Open Battle:

3vs3 Singles battle
DQ time: 3 days
0 Recover/ 5 Chills
Arena: The desert, late at night. There is absolutely no humidity in the air, no oasis nearby and the area is, for the most part, clean, with the ocasional dune for cover. The land is very soft, good for digging. When one of the pokemon have 1/3 (rounded down) or less of their max HP, there is a 20% chance per round that a wild murkrow will appear to confuse (prankster confuse ray) both players. Also, the wind can start blowing at any time (50% chance per round of a sandstorm) and it is freezing outside (0°C/32°F).

think this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Judea_2_by_David_Shankbone.jpg
I accept the challenge!
One ability
No items
Switch= KO

We only need a ref!

I ISSUE A CHALLENGE!

2v2 Singles
Switch = KO
No Recovery moves, 5 chills.

Arena: N's Castle - Throne Room

The clash between the dragons have devastated the zone, vaporizing all the surrounding water. There are several columns around, but the ceiling has collapsed for the most part, making you able to see the beautiful firmament above your heads. A cool breeze blow in the area, since it's almost midnight, and you struggle to see beyond a few meters due to the really low light produced by the stars (yes, it's a new moon night today). Will you be able to prevail without the might of the legendary dragons?

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Oh What the Hell.

I ISSUE A CHALLENGE!

2v2 Singles
Switch = KO

The clash between the dragons have devastated the zone, vaporizing all the surrounding water. There are several columns around, but the ceiling has collapsed for the most part, making you able to see the beautiful firmament above your heads. A cool breeze blow in the area, since it's almost midnight, and you struggle to see beyond a few meters due to the really low light produced by the stars (yes, it's a new moon night today). Will you be able to prevail without the might of the legendary dragons?
I Accept the Challenge.

No Items
One Ability

I ISSUE THE GAUNTLET TO LIMEWIRE

1v1
SWITCHING: N/A
NO RECOVERY MOVES/5 CHILLS
ARENA: ummm... ARCTIC

Giant field (i guess?) of ice, with holes spread out. With enough force, the ice may break. Otherwise, the ice is strong enough to hold heavy pokemon. water- and ice-type moves get a +1 damage. The damage will be added on at the end.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Whoops, I didn't see that in DA's post. >_>

I ISSUE A CHALLENGE!

2v2 Singles
Switch = KO

Oh What the Hell.

I Accept the Challenge.

No Items
One Ability
I'll ref, PM teams!

ANOTHER GAUNTLET

this time towards: porygon3

2v2
no recovery/5 chills
3 day user dc
Arena:

30x30 feet clearing with 10x10 feet pond in the middle. It's fringed by woodwork on the side, going out 10 feet. The pond is 15 feet deep, slightly muddy at the bottom but otherwise clear. There are no berry bushes.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hmm, I think I'll make one more.

2v2 Doubles.
DQ: 2 Days.
1 use of Rest/Recover etc, 5 chills
Arena: Dotted Hole

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/kanto/dottedhole.shtml#frlg-b1f

The Dotted Hole has five floors, each with a hole leading up and down. Going up or down a hole counts as an action, and the floors are about five feet thick - an Earthquake attack or a missed Focus Punch might break one! The entire cavern is made out of rock, so Dig attacks don't work.

Switch = KO
1 ability
no items
Burrowed for like 5 pages. I know it's doubles, but it'll be short and 3 Ref Tokens!

challenge go:

3v3 singles
2 recovery/5 chills
3 day dq
arena: local supermarket and parking lot, flat with cars for cover outside, and copious amounts of merchandise inside with a small open area in the center of the store.

fine with anything else but items are for pussies.

challenge go:

3v3 singles
2 recovery/5 chills
3 day dq
arena: local supermarket and parking lot, flat with cars for cover outside, and copious amounts of merchandise inside with a small open area in the center of the store.

I accept

Switch = KO
1 ablity
no items

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
challenge go:

3v3 singles
2 recovery/5 chills
3 day dq

I accept

Switch = KO
1 ablity
no items
Okay, I'll ref I guess. PM etc etc!

edit: I'm editing because there's a huge mess of refs needed and I don't know if I can take on that backlog. I'll decide tomorrow if I can take some...

IT'S A REPEAT
OF A STORY TOLD

1v1 Singles
2 day DQ
2 recover/5 chilld

You can choose the arena.
accepted

Switch is ko
One ability
No Items

Arena: sea. Wide ocean battlefield with five 10 by 5 platforms floating, grouped, 5 feet apart. Platforms can be broken, obviously, no digging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat PinkCaptainFalcon
Looking for a team mate and opponents for a 4v4 Double battle (2 pokes per person)

DQ 3 Days
2 recovery/5 chills per pokemon

Arena:
The top floor of the Olivine City Lighthouse.
6 floors in the building.

On the starting floor there is an Ampharos that is doing its nightly duties.
If a pokemon contacts the Ampharos, it retaliates by paralyzing that pokemon with built up Static power from its constant light generation.
It acts just like the Ability and can affect Ground pokemon.

There are also about 3 holes in the floor of each level of the building that pokemon can fall down.
It takes 1 action to climb up or down a level.
Any powerful area of effect moves can collapse the whole floor or just the area around the pokemon depending on Refs discretion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat NyxNocturne
I'll be your teammate,Capn!
Now we need challengers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Omegaman
I'll challenge you PCF and Nyx. I just need a partner.
All abilities. No items. Switch=KO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat rewindman
I'm up for a challenge, just need a ref now

Looking for a ref for this, Berserker lord was supposed to but it has been 7 days since he said he would ref it and im kind of tired of waiting

Originally Posted by Fat Puffins R Cool
So, while I wait, who's up for a match?

2v2 Doubles
7 day QC

Arena: A forest on the edge of forever. The forest in the FireRed cutscene.

( now that I see it, maybe I'll join the next RP thing. Sounds like fun.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat NyxNocturne
I'll take that challenge,Puffins!

No items
All abilities
Switch=KO(hurr durr)
I think I'm looking for a new ref for this match . It would seem Doominic has forgotten it exists.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
ginganinja, I choose you!

2v2 Doubles
2 Day DQ
2 Recover/5 Chill
Additional rule: Only Pokemon which have not battled before can battle.

Arena: A small island down south, so there is ice, water and ground available for those who want them (that is, essentially the lower half of New Zealand). Maybe 10 metres across.

EDIT: iiMKultra is now included too. It will be 2v2v2 Doubles. Same rules though.

DOUBLE EDIT: It is going to be 3v3v3 Doubles, pending approvals to new Pokemon for ginga and I.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
I WILL REF EVERY AVAILABLE BATTLE THAT'S HERE

Nah, just joking, but we definitely need more refs over here! It's weekend. =(

PinkCaptainFalcon, I'll take the crazy 2+2v2+2 match. Please make sure that all players are committed to its end though. Otherwise, sure, PM away (up to 3 if you want to, but only 2 will be used).

edit: I'll name you here: NyxNocturne, Omegaman, and rewindman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)