5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I keep getting "No match was found for your IVs" every time i catch Tornadus. My target seed is on frame 4 so no advances needed. I'm looking through a +/- 9000 list.

@ IcyFlame: Do you have only even/odd delay checked? I had the same problem when I was calibrating for Victini and once I had the results set for both I didn't have any trouble.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I keep getting "No match was found for your IVs" every time i catch Tornadus. My target seed is on frame 4 so no advances needed. I'm looking through a +/- 9000 list.
You keep getting this because roamer IVs are mixed up. You will never be able to find roamer results in Seed to Time.

Search for them in Time Finder instead, don't forget to check the roamer checkbox. Look for seeds that look similar to the seed you were aiming for. For instance, if you started seed 453F3456, look for seeds in the format 453FXXXX.

Success!!!
I Finally hit my seed for RNGing Zekrom 31 IVs in all except i wanted lonely nature and got adamant instead.Still i'm keeping this awesome thing,And will play on my other white to get the lonely one.Thanks guys!

You keep getting this because roamer IVs are mixed up. You will never be able to find roamer results in Seed to Time.

Search for them in Time Finder instead, don't forget to check the roamer checkbox. Look for seeds that look similar to the seed you were aiming for. For instance, if you started seed 453F3456, look for seeds in the format 453FXXXX.
Thank you Omega. I'm out of that hole and back on track.
EDIT: The RNG reporter is reporting my roamer spreads 1 frame later than it's actual position. My target spread is on frame 4 but when I caught my roamer, the desired IV spread was on frame 5, not 4. Should i look for a spread on frame 5 instead? Will i have to do any advances? I recall someone earlier having this problem.

Pardon me if I sound ignorant, but I'm new to this. I had luck in Soul Silver the other day, and all I'm looking for is how to RNG for shinies, IVs don't matter.
Is there any way to breed only for shinies in Black/White? I am completely lost as to which numbers go where/how to figure out the delays and what I should be hitting when.

If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it!

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Pardon me if I sound ignorant, but I'm new to this. I had luck in Soul Silver the other day, and all I'm looking for is how to RNG for shinies, IVs don't matter.
Is there any way to breed only for shinies in Black/White? I am completely lost as to which numbers go where/how to figure out the delays and what I should be hitting when.

If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it!
For now, no. That part will be available in the next release of RNG reporter.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
I have a spread with a delay of 11237. This gives me a 4 minute timer, but that's still acceptable. What's the highest delay we can properly use for abusing? (Without having a 10 min timer or something like that)

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I have a spread with a delay of 11237. This gives me a 4 minute timer, but that's still acceptable. What's the highest delay we can properly use for abusing? (Without having a 10 min timer or something like that)
My best guess is 65535. That fills the last four hex-digits of the seed, and I think above that it resets to 0.

I've abused something in previous gen with a delay of above 26000.

So yeah, it is doable, if you're patient enough.

Am I only able to output results to csv while Time Finder is searching? It appears that after the search is done, RNG Reporter brings me to the saving screen, but once I click OK, nothing happens.

It's happened to me twice so far, and after these 10+ hour searches, the fact that I can't save the results leaves me a bit annoyed -_-

I found a seed that gives a good IV Spread on frame 3, so went to the bottom of Dragonspiral Tower and tried catching things. I was able to hit my target delay after a while, but ended up getting a Golett with Klutz. However no matter what delay I hit, if it's a Golett, it always has Klutz. The Druddigon seem fairly evenly balanced between Rough Skin and Sheer Force, and I've only seen a couple of Meinfu, so I can't tell if them all having Inner Focus might be more than mere coincidence. After I noticed this with the first few Golett, I started leaving the C-Gear on for longer periods of time before Sweet Scenting, but the Golett were still all Klutzes. Could there be something about this seed that makes Golett far more likely to have Klutz regardless of how much the PID RNG is advanced?

Frame 4 = 1 advancement with 1 pokemon (1 repel + 28 steps) - least ideal, your synchronizer also needs to be your catcher + possibly your 1-under Pokemon

What is the reason for bringing a 1-under?

Am I only able to output results to csv while Time Finder is searching? It appears that after the search is done, RNG Reporter brings me to the saving screen, but once I click OK, nothing happens.

It's happened to me twice so far, and after these 10+ hour searches, the fact that I can't save the results leaves me a bit annoyed -_-
+1 on this one
would be great if the feature can be restored in the next release

Back in 4th Gen when I would calibrate my seed through emloop, I would catch a pokemon and if I caught that same one 3 times, I knew I could hit that seed consistently. Is that not going to work with C-Gear because of the PID?

What is the reason for bringing a 1-under?
Just another way to check the Pokemon. It's 100% optional, though.

Back in 4th Gen when I would calibrate my seed through emloop, I would catch a pokemon and if I caught that same one 3 times, I knew I could hit that seed consistently. Is that not going to work with C-Gear because of the PID?
Not without checking IVs, no.

The present calculator only works for the jp version?
It also has partial (C-Gear only) compatibility with US/EU versions.

So i finally realized what yall meant by "calibrate" (I had been missing by 50-60 so i set callibration from 0 to -56 in ZomgTimer) and I've gotten within 5 frames at least 4 times now (got 2 from it once!)

So now that I'm within view of it, is there anything at all that I can do to help improve that last little bit, or do I just gotta keep trying?

Btw, walking less than 128 steps apparently does NOT mess with your frames, because I'm doing a seed on frame 3 and normally I induce a battle by turning (cant use sweet scent in the desert winds) but a few times Ive walked around and gotten one of the results shown

So i finally realized what yall meant by "calibrate" (I had been missing by 50-60 so i set callibration from 0 to -56 in ZomgTimer) and I've gotten within 5 frames at least 4 times now (got 2 from it once!)

So now that I'm within view of it, is there anything at all that I can do to help improve that last little bit, or do I just gotta keep trying?
Adjust as necessary, and keep trying. That's all.

Btw, walking less than 128 steps apparently does NOT mess with your frames, because I'm doing a seed on frame 3 and normally I induce a battle by turning (cant use sweet scent in the desert winds) but a few times Ive walked around and gotten one of the results shown
Then you saved when your step counter was just starting another cycle. You will not always be so lucky.

Will the spreads I found for my white version be the same on my black as long as I use the same DS?
Yes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)