Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random challenge approacheth!

2v2 Singles
DQ time: 3 days
2 recovers, 5 chills

Arena: A Long, Rickety Bridge.

to put it as basically as possible, it's a bridge. you really can't have 2 pokemon side to side on it, and it could probably break if there were anymore than 2 at a time. You can use dig, but you would fall in the water and the current is unusually fast, so you should probably have a water type pokemon if you want to dig. swift swim pokemon can attack normally in the water.
Well, let's give it a go for my first time... (Hope I do this right!)

Switch = KO
All abilities
Items enabled

And I guess we need a ref now?

Ok, my last bout at the Ruins was wery fun, so I'll throw another challenge!

4v4 doubles
3 day DQ
2 recovery/5 chills

Arena: Ruins of Alph. The ancient buildings are easily destroyable, but doing so will anger the Unowns, who will start attacking with their Hidden Power the perpetrators. They will target all the invaders indiscriminately, trying to hit them with super-effective Hidden Powers. They also have only 15 HP, but their numbers are effectively endless.

Ok, my last bout at the Ruins was wery fun, so I'll throw another challenge!

4v4 doubles
3 day DQ
2 recovery/5 chills

Arena: Ruins of Alph. The ancient buildings are easily destroyable, but doing so will anger the Unowns, who will start attacking with their Hidden Power the perpetrators. They will target all the invaders indiscriminately, trying to hit them with super-effective Hidden Powers. They also have only 15 HP, but their numbers are effectively endless.
Accepted

Switch=KO
All abilities
No items

If no one accepts MY doubles challenges, this is the next best thing.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I challenge the glorious HD [once he finishes a battle, which is apparently soon]!

2v2 Singles
3 Day DQ
2 Recovery / 5 Chills

Arena:
Droplet Pond said:
Above a quaint little village is a hill, and on top of that hill lies Droplet Pond. Formed by decades of rain pounding against it, the completely flat stone surface has eroded quite significantly in the middle to create a pond in which water-type Pokémon can swim easily - it probably isn't enough for a strong Surf though. The stone is impossible to dig through, and grass licks the edges of the arena.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
ginganinja, I choose you!

2v2 Doubles
2 Day DQ
2 Recover/5 Chill
Additional rule: Only Pokemon which have not battled before can battle.

Arena: A small island down south, so there is ice, water and ground available for those who want them (that is, essentially the lower half of New Zealand). Maybe 10 metres across.

EDIT: iiMKultra is now included too. It will be 2v2v2 Doubles. Same rules though.

DOUBLE EDIT: It is going to be 3v3v3 Doubles, pending approvals to new Pokemon for ginga and I.
Accepting

4x4 Doubles
5 Days DQ
3 Recovery/3 Chills
Arena: A large cavern with a whole ecosystem of life living inside. Crystals line the sides of the cave reflecting light from a hole in the ceiling. The light produces a watery reflection on the cave walls and on the vegitation growing. The vegitation is very similar in structure and function as the kind that live above under the golden sun. The differences are that most of the shrubs and smalls trees have glowing flowers and are half the size of above ground vegitation. Many never before seen bug and grass pokemon live in the darkness surrounding the battle field. They can be hostile if threatened or their habitat is threatened. If fire or excessive damage is done, there is chance that the wild pokemon will attack the fighting pokemon. They do 5-10 Bug or Grass damage under those circumstances to all pokemon.
Summery:
Feild Attributes
Digging is allowed
Lots of flying area for aerial battle
Flamable
Very bright in the middle of the field
Very dark on the outskirts of the field
Feild effects
Type bonuses for Grass and Bug.
Chance for the vegitation to burn giving all pokemon around it a burn status
Chance for swarm attacks doing 5-10 Bug or Grass damage under specific circumstances to all pokemon

Fusxfaranto

gonna smoke five blunts and watch anime
Kannon, I challenge you!

2v2 singles
DQ time: 2 days
2 recovery/5 chills
Arena: Post-apocalyptic nuclear wasteland, flat plane area.

I CHALLENGE... no one in particular.

2v2 Singles
DQ Time: 1 day
No recoveries, 5 chills
Must allow all abilities :P

ARENA: A grass tennis court without the net or props! yay.

I CHALLENGE... no one in particular.

2v2 Singles
DQ Time: 1 day
No recoveries, 5 chills
Must allow all abilities :P

ARENA: A grass tennis court without the net or props! yay.

I challenge

Switch= KO fool
No items: they for wussies
All Abilities because of corrupt challenger

you can pick the arena.
The roof of a tall skyscraper. There is a very large railing protecting anyone from falling off. There is a 25% chance at the start of each round of that a large airplane passes overhead, drowning out noise and preventing sound-based moves (Yawn, etc). They don't fly close enough to hit any pokemon however.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Random challenge time!

2 vs. 2 Singles
DQ Time: 3 days
2 Recovers, 5 Chills
Arena: No Man's Land - Flat, deserted, and desolate piece of plains in the middle of nowhere, with no real unique terrain features to speak of. Perfect for a no restrictions battle.
Accepted

Switch=KO
No items
All abilities
I'll be taking this. PM teams!

edit:

Random challenge approacheth!

2v2 Singles
DQ time: 3 days
2 recovers, 5 chills

Arena: A Long, Rickety Bridge.
<pic that will be posted in battle thread>

to put it as basically as possible, it's a bridge. you really can't have 2 pokemon side to side on it, and it could probably break if there were anymore than 2 at a time. You can use dig, but you would fall in the water and the current is unusually fast, so you should probably have a water type pokemon if you want to dig. swift swim pokemon can attack normally in the water.

EDIT: i should probably add that if one of the pokemon is flying or levitating, the bridge is pretty much disregarded for them.

Well, let's give it a go for my first time... (Hope I do this right!)

Switch = KO
All abilities
Items enabled

And I guess we need a ref now?
I'll take this too. PM stuff!

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Alright, time to send out my first challenge.

2 vs. 2 Singles
DQ Time: 3 days
2 Recovers, 5 Chills
Arena: Unova's Victory Road
-What seems to be a craggy and desolate holed mountain at first sight is actually the site of a timeless and ongoing war between Durant and Heatmor. The terrain scales upwards at a drastic angle, making uphill combat incredibly difficult, if not impossible, by most Pokemon. Platforms have been built, spanning long distances, above the crevices in the mountain, for the ease of those traversing the insides, hoping to reach the Pokemon League. Durants do not take gratuitous violence lightly, and Heatmors do not take aggression against their main food source lightly, either.-

tl;dr Durants could get pissed if you dig into their homes too much, Heatmors could get pissed if you harm the Durants too much. It's a vicious circle of death, fire, and more fire.
Accepted

Switch=KO
No items
All abilities
Taking this by request. PM teams etc. Also, don't just post a link to the thread, I can find that. What I want is what your Pokemon are like at the time the match starts, because the thread can change.

EDIT: Also, we (iiMKUltra, ginganinja and I) need a ref for a 3v3v3 melee Doubles match, if anyone could do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)