List of leaked/rumoured VGC Dates and Locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Don't take the following as a confirmation.

Dallas, TX - Saturday May 28th, 2011
http://www.arlingtontx.gov/acc/Calendar.html

Indianapolis, IL (Nationals) - Friday July 8th - Sunday July 10th
http://www.icclos.com/conv/R1107040.asp
Confirmed to be TCG Nationals and it will hopefully be VGC Nationals as well like last year

San Diego, CA (Worlds) - August 2011
As announced at last year's Worlds.

I've checked the other 2011 US Regional locations and they don't have anything yet. I also checked the Vancouver and Toronto convention centre sites and found nothing so far. Check out your local venues and see if anything shows up on the calendar :)

I never thought about checking the venues' sites, that's actually a really good idea.
Anybody remember where the venue was when it was in London?

It was at the NEC in Birmingham if I remember right.

EDIT: Nothing on their site either, although the predicted date (28th May) is free....

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In London it was a venue called 'The Circus Space', but that was a terrible venue and I doubt it'll be chosen again. I'm more-so expecting Birmingham's NEC again, or Manchester Central. If not those, then a new venue in London.

The United Kingdom tournament will most likely be Saturday, May 28th (unless it's pushed back a bit to some time in June). I've already checked a few venues just to see if anything is booked in for the dates around that time.

Birmingham NEC - Nothing booked for May 28th. Only June 4th is is unavailable so far.
Manchester Central - Nothing booked for May 28th. Only June 26th is unavailable so far.
London Circus Space - Something booked for May 28th. Every Saturday is booked in June.

Circus Space won't be chosen anyway, but it can't be booked for any dates that are likely to see a European tournament anyway (late May - late June). I don't know London all that well, but considering the NEC was booked in Birmingham, something big could be chosen in London. I'm not talking o2 Arena, but perhaps a few venue sizes down. We'll just have to wait and see.

The Altman building was used in 2008 for the Northeast qualifiers in New York. However, it is very small so I doubt they will use it this year if it is held in NYC. I didn't check the Expo Center in Newark, New Jersey yet, I might however. If it is held in Newark again, chances are it might be held there.

Anyway, that was smart thinking Firestorm :)

I checked the Meadowlands Expo Center in Newark, New Jersey and they only have upcoming events up until late April. Nothing from there yet.

This is where the Atlanta regional was in 2010.

I've been checking the calendar every now and then, but nothing has shown up so far.

Indianapolis again, eh? I might be able to make it this time (I had to work last year when the tour came to Indy...dammit).

It seems like they might be the same locations as last year :( (except for worlds)
If so, the nearest event to me is the LCQ... really, they should have an event in the Twin Cities...

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Ummmm... Korean Pokemon games have never been compatible with any other Pokemon games. How could they participate?

There is an international theme to Black and White, so maybe they've sorted it so South Korean games can battle with those from other countries.

I don't think the home school study thing on May 28th in Texas sounds like a Pokemon event, but I'll still try to see if there is anything about one in Colorado.

I don't think the home school study thing on May 28th in Texas sounds like a Pokemon event
At first I was like, what the heck do you mean then I looked at the calendar and I realized, your right, there is no longer a regional posted on the Arlington Convention Center website. I wonder why that is. Do you think it was cancelled, moved, or taken off to keep it more secretive until officially announced?

This happened last year, as well. We found the event calendar and it was removed before the official announcement. A good reminder (for other topics) that they do read these forums.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ummmm... Korean Pokemon games have never been compatible with any other Pokemon games. How could they participate?
They are this gen. Korean Pokemon can now be traded directly to and from any other language Black\White, because now there's room for the full Korean character set.

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
Man I hope taiwan gets tournaments, me and deagle need to represent team taiwan at worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)