5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
... if the average delay is 1000, why are there seeds with delays in as long as 699? seems wierd to have delays you can't hit.
Min/Max delays take care of it anyway. It's needless work to exclude them for the programmers. Besides, it's more complete and correct if they're left in.

Are you setting DS to one minute before target?
Soft Resetting/loading game when first timer hits zero?
Turning C-Gear on after you're IN-GAME?
59 target second into your timer?
Yep. i do all that and nothing :/

Anyway i'm using the serebii's iv calculator, but i think that it works fine, i don't know what i'm doing wrong

Maybe is something about the delays that i still don't understand

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
-snip-
I do remember someone else said they had the same problem with the seconds on the 3DS, has anyone figured out how to fix this?
It was Sprocket. He said that even when he changed the second, he still somehow hit a second early (iirc). I believe he just decided to use his DSi for RNGing.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
It was Sprocket. He said that even when he changed the second, he still somehow hit a second early (iirc). I believe he just decided to use his DSi for RNGing.
I really hope I don't have to resort to that, my 3DS has plenty of good seeds and my DSL doesn't.

EDIT: Looking into it a little with my phone's stop watch it does appear that the seconds do reset exactly when the button is pressed and it's syncing up with my phone's clock exactly how it should.

Anyway i'm using the serebii's iv calculator, but i think that it works fine, i don't know what i'm doing wrong

Meh, I don't know what to tell you. Are you looking at the 3rd IV listed.. which is the HP one? If you post the IVs you got, I can probably help you more.

You can also try using the time finder.
Input the IVs that you got and put max frame 3 and delay 2500-4000.
It'll be slower but you should at least get accurate results.
Then just right click on the seed that you got (you should only get one) and generate times.

Min/Max delays take care of it anyway. It's needless work to exclude them for the programmers. Besides, it's more complete and correct if they're left in.
like I said, I forgot to set the min max delay, so everything i got was below 1000, and thus impossible to hit, haha.

anyways... if there a way to check what seed you hit without catching the legendary?

I'm trying to RNG a reshiriam, so is the only way to tell what seed i hit to catch reshiriam and check its IVs? if so, seems like a lot of work if the spread lands on high frames... (luckily its only on frame 36)

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I'm trying to RNG a reshiriam, so is the only way to tell what seed i hit to catch reshiriam and check its IVs? if so, seems like a lot of work if the spread lands on high frames... (luckily its only on frame 36)
Currently there is no way to check if you hit a seed without checking a Pokemon's IVs. If frame 36 is too high, you can try increasing you maximum delay more.

well... looks like i'll be using my master ball to catch reshiriam, so if I hit the wrong seed I don't spend forever catching it... and wait til some method to check is found, to try and RNG anything else. I remember all the trouble I went through RNGing a cresselia, and catching it in a heal ball... no way I would of went through all that hassle if I couldn't have confirmed my seed before hand :XD

and nature's are determined separately right? so if i do hit the right seed, i may need to redo a couple times til i get the right nature right? good thing i have a syncer.

I think this is getting a bit easier. I finally got Zekrom. >__>
Just a question, if I'm going to catch Thundurus, where would I advance frames and would Synchronizers work?

You are working out the exact IVs and not just using the average value that serebii's calculator gives, yes? Try using metalkid's IV calculator instead if you are, as you can use rare candies to get an accurate result.

You are working out the exact IVs and not just using the average value that serebii's calculator gives, yes? Try using metalkid's IV calculator instead if you are, as you can use rare candies to get an accurate result.
I tried a lot until i get an accurated iv spread and it worked :>, that was my problem, i was using the average values, now i finally got my first rng pokemon ever :D

Toast++

@above: hopefully this weekend

Is RNGing pokemon in Entralink Forest harder or different in any way?
Entralink is strange altogether. There's quite a lag between your last button press and the reseeding. I've done my best to prepare for this on EonTimer. There's instructions for Zomg on my thread. Hopefully it wont be too difficult.

I'm trying to RNG Thundurus an I just hit my delay, but I did not get the results I was looking for.

Target Spread: 31/30/30/31/31/31
Actual Spread: 17/31/30/31/30/31
Target Frame: 8
Seed: 73F7963A
Delay: 3058
Target Time: 00:55:15
MAC Address: 00-27-09-F7-8A-3D

How do I correct the problem I'm having?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)