Smogon Front Page B&W Pokemon Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Urg, this took soooo long. I'm actually afraid I won't be able to do a red mon in time ._.

Anywho:

Hopefully I can finish the last at a quick enough pace.

King of Art!

I was gonna say Excadrill looks a little too fat, but then I Googled and it actually does have quite a belly. I guess this game is based on America, after all...

KoA

is an Artist
I'm not sure when tomorrow you plan on having this be finished, but Hopefully it's not til like nighttime! D:

Anywho, I doodled my final mon, Darmanitan! But I'm lost at which pose to use, so you guys be the judge. I would work on this more, But I just got off work, and need to be back in 5 hours so I'm going to sleep.. :/

Tomorrow will be the cruncher.

You can use elements from both. Use the lower body positioning from the first sketch and hunch over the torso kind of like in the second sketch (but change the hands). It might take some work to make it look anatomically correct, but it'd probably look great in the end.

what how HOW did I miss this thread what is wrong with me
welp
thats a pretty short deadline
good thing there are already so many amazing entries! C:

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I would say the best imo in this thread come from.
Mr.StrikeaPose
Strangeaways
Chou Toshio
Swaggersaurus
Really good stuff, I'm loving it all.
I was wondering if there would be a poll up for this, or if Doug was just going to decide?

I thought it would be fun (read: suicidal) to try and get 3 images done in 7 hours. It's two hours left and I'm throwing in the towel. Here's how far I got, anyway!

sorry lamprey :( that cobalion took me like 3 hours alone, no way I can finish the other two in 1.5 hours!

that cobalion is much better than all of those jellicents(this comes from a personal dislike for the specific pokemon....)

I am pretty sure, Orugos, that if you kept working on it throughout the day, Doug wouldn't say no to awesome submissions like yours.

KoA

is an Artist
Ok,finally wrapped these up in the nick of time. Phew!

Final Submissions

Red: Darmanitan

Blue: Hydreigon

Green: Reuniclus

Yes I know Darmanitan looks like yuck, I was extremely pressed for time and was literally falling asleep at the computer trying to finish him in time... :/

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
not so, koa, i think your darmanitan looks great!

you've also made me almost like hydreigon with your incredible art

also that is a real shame orugos; your style is beautiful and i love bright, crisp designs like that. i think they suit mons so well!

I am pretty sure, Orugos, that if you kept working on it throughout the day, Doug wouldn't say no to awesome submissions like yours.
The reason I didn't continue is because it's not very fair to the other artists who worked hard to finish on time for me to be able to submit them late, but I'll finish them anyway because I really like that scolipede c:

@Koa: That Reuniclus is -amazing.- Terrific use of transparency! Darm looks great too, don't be so hard on yourself. C:

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Thanks to all the artists that submitted art! I love many of the submissions here.

Forum lag has made it very difficult for me to get a poll together at the time I normally work on Smogon stuff. Hopefully, I can get a poll put together tomorrow and we'll see which art sets everyone likes best. We WILL be using multiple art sets. How many we use is still up in the air. Stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)