5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Yeah. Really you can hold it as long as you want. Fiddle around with it.

Also, it can't hurt to do calibration like 2 or 3 more times, but it sounds like you've got some freak (possibly user based) error.
i should calibrate 2 or 3 more times using the same time of 10:48:25 right and see of the timer0 changes or not right

I think I heard someone say they were able to RNG standard seeds on their DSi. I'd like to know if anyone can verify that for me. Before anyone asks, I'm asking because I'm a lot more comfortable abusing on my DSi. It's actually a lot easier for me.
New page.

If I am not getting the IVs I want (they're supposed to be on Frame 1) for Standard Abuse, how can I rectify the problem? Like, I'm supposed to have a 31/31/31/x/31/31 on Frame 1, April 24 at 00:33:55 and holding Y. However, whenever I try the spread I never get the IVs I want. Any ideas?

New Page.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think I heard someone say they were able to RNG standard seeds on their DSi. I'd like to know if anyone can verify that for me. Before anyone asks, I'm asking because I'm a lot more comfortable abusing on my DSi. It's actually a lot easier for me.
If you hit the same date\time\timer0 on a DSi over and over, you still will get the same seed, but the problem is nobody can predict seeds on a DSi. Not even the Japanese have figured this out.

If I am not getting the IVs I want (they're supposed to be on Frame 1) for Standard Abuse, how can I rectify the problem? Like, I'm supposed to have a 31/31/31/x/31/31 on Frame 1, April 24 at 00:33:55 and holding Y. However, whenever I try the spread I never get the IVs I want. Any ideas?

New Page.
Try redoing your parameter search with the IVs you keep getting instead, it'll give you an idea of what's happening. Just remember to select Y in the Held Button combo box.

If you hit the same date\time\timer0 on a DSi over and over, you still will get the same seed, but the problem is nobody can predict seeds on a DSi. Not even the Japanese have figured this out.
I've tried doing this, and putting the seeds I can get from button combinations to see if there are any good spreads. There are a lot, but nearly all of them are on high frames and are not worth it. You can probably use it for breeding if you want though.

Timer0 is being an asshole.
I know it's not an important question, but does anyone know
a) why we can't predict it 100% (I get either C7B or C7C)
b) what the math-problem behind that is? Is the value Timer0 assumes
dependant on your seed and not vice-versa? I'm comfused as to why we
can find all other parameters precisely, but not this one.

i've a problem to find my DS parameters.
i've advance the VCount and Timer0 range 7 times,but i haven't find my ds parameters yet.
should i advance the GxStat and VFrame range,too?

Quick question dudes, is the Zorua in Castelia City considered a "Gift Pokemon (Not Mystery Gift)" or would it be considered stationary?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Timer0 is being an asshole.
I know it's not an important question, but does anyone know
a) why we can't predict it 100% (I get either C7B or C7C)
b) what the math-problem behind that is? Is the value Timer0 assumes
dependant on your seed and not vice-versa? I'm comfused as to why we
can find all other parameters precisely, but not this one.
This is a hardware parameter, not a software one. It has nothing to do with what seed you hit. We can't predict it 100% because it's based on performance variables.

i've a problem to find my DS parameters.
i've advance the VCount and Timer0 range 7 times,but i haven't find my ds parameters yet.
should i advance the GxStat and VFrame range,too?
The default range should eventually find something for you as long as you're using a DS lite/brick and a retail cart.

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
When RNGing with a Standard abuse do we have to input the ID and SID? And if we do how can I find that?
Shininess is based on those numbers. You wont get correct PID prediction either, but since you're not looking for shiny, it doesn't matter.

The default range should eventually find something for you as long as you're using a DS lite/brick and a retail cart.
The default range isn't picking anything up for me either but I've just started using a rom for the purpose of cloning.

Does this mean I need to start using my cart again or is there an adjustment I need to make when configuring for a rom?

Toast++

The default range isn't picking anything up for me either but I've just started using a rom for the purpose of cloning.

Does this mean I need to start using my cart again or is there an adjustment I need to make when configuring for a rom?
I assume you mean a flash cart? If that's the case, then the values vary a lot from cart to cart. The timer0 also varies a ton on most flash carts.

I'm getting wacky results when I'm re-calibrating

1st Test:
Actual Seconds: 1
VCount: 60
GxStat: 6
VFrame: 6
Timer 0: C7F

2nd Test:
Actual Seconds: 6

3rd Test:
Actual Seconds: 16
Timer 0: C7E

4th Test:

5th Test:
Actual Seconds: 31
Timer 0: C7E

Should I use any of these?

Yeh I meant a flash cart. When you say it varies a lot, do you mean between different carts? I'd like to hope each individual cart will remain a constant =/

I just find it easier to do my RNG abuse where I can do my cloning, saves a lot of double handling when I want to trade.

Toast++

I'm getting wacky results when I'm re-calibrating
-snip-
Should I use any of these?
Well.. they're all identical except for the timer 0. That has a tendency to fluxuate a little. I'd use C7F.

Edit:
@Newts
I mean both. Each cart is a bit different and only certain ones are consistent. I'm not sure how often the others are inconsistent but when they are it's by a lot.

I downloaded the updated RNG Reporter 9 and I'm still getting "Party's over. Go download the real thing"

I have framework 2.0 and 4.0 installed in case. It's still giving me the "Party's over. Go download the real thing" message even after re-downloading RNG Reporter 9.

Ok, I've got one last calibration. I'm thinking I should use this as both this and test #4 are the exact same.

6th Test:

I downloaded the updated RNG Reporter 9 and I'm still getting "Party's over. Go download the real thing"

I have framework 2.0 and 4.0 installed in case. It's still giving me the "Party's over. Go download the real thing" message even after re-downloading RNG Reporter 9.
Adjust your date to 4/1/2011.

Toast++

Ok, I've got one last calibration. I'm thinking I should use this as both this and test #4 are the exact same.

6th Test:
Haha.. Most of your tests were exactly the same. The seconds it purely dependent on when you started your game and are more for reference than calibrating.

This is a hardware parameter, not a software one. It has nothing to do with what seed you hit. We can't predict it 100% because it's based on performance variables.

i use a ds lite and a german black retail cart.
now i search with a VCount range of 0-9999 and a timer0 range of 0-FFFF
and i´ve found a result.the strange is the Timer0 value is E844 and my actual second is 25,although i clicked me in the 25th second in the ingame.
shouldn´t be the actual second 26 like in bearsfan's video?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)