5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Why does out computer's clock need to be April Fools day for RNG Reporter to work? Is it a joke? Will that be changed eventually?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
so, up to now it is impossible to find the parameters for flashcarts?
No. Just more difficult depending on what kind. I have a DSTwo and it's consistent. I could give a range to anyone with that particular cart. I imagine that if someone else has found their's on whatever cart you have, they could help you.

i use a ds lite and a german black retail cart.
now i search with a VCount range of 0-9999 and a timer0 range of 0-FFFF
and i´ve found a result.the strange is the Timer0 value is E844 and my actual second is 25,although i clicked me in the 25th second in the ingame.
shouldn´t be the actual second 26 like in bearsfan's video?
The actual second is just there for reference. The VCount won't be out of the 50-70 range. The timer0 will be 3 hex in length, not 4.

Why does out computer's clock need to be April Fools day for RNG Reporter to work? Is it a joke? Will that be changed eventually?
*facepalm*

just..

*facepalm*

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ok, so before when I got my parameters I had a timer 0 of c7f, and I know it was that because my seeds worked and I managed to RNG a few Pokemon with it, but now when I try to hit one of my seeds I'm getting the one on timer0: c7e, according to DS parameters, will I have to redo all my seed searches or will this change? I have tried starting the game at different intervals in the same second to no avail.

How do you control the Timer 0 thing? Or do you just have to go through trial and error til' you hit your seed?

ooh I just realised that those values were put there to make a search...
ok now I'm searching for the cyclods evolution with 2.2 firmware (if it matters).

p.s. sorry for my english.

p.p.s. wich second do I have to write in the "ds parameter finder"? the one at wich I opened the game or the one at wich I pressed A to continue?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Does weather still affect the RNG like it did in gen 4? I've got hail at the Cold Storage area.
Not sure about that particular area, but yes. Weather still affects it.

How do you control the Timer 0 thing? Or do you just have to go through trial and error til' you hit your seed?
You don't. Just try to be consistent with your reset methods, that should help.

ok, so before when I got my parameters I had a timer 0 of c7f, and I know it was that because my seeds worked and I managed to RNG a few Pokemon with it, but now when I try to hit one of my seeds I'm getting the one on timer0: c7e, according to DS parameters, will I have to redo all my seed searches or will this change? I have tried starting the game at different intervals in the same second to no avail.
It fluxuates a little. No, you don't have to re-search. Hopefully you'll get the C7F when you try to RNG something.

Edit:
@Tyons - It's the second that you start the game from the DS menu.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
ooh I just realised that those values were put there to make a search...
ok now I'm searching for the cyclods evolution with 2.2 firmware (if it matters).

p.s. sorry for my english.

p.p.s. wich second do I have to write in the "ds parameter finder"? the one at wich I opened the game or the one at wich I pressed A to continue?

you can't really use a cycloDS. it does something funny when prepping the SHA message that will be used in creating your initial seed.

I finished the search but it found nothing. I put Vcount from 0 to 99 and timer0 from 0 to FFF. what can I do?
and:
edit:

it does something funny when prepping the SHA message that will be used in creating your initial seed.
oh. well, I don't know what a SHA message is, but I guess it is important...

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
not at the moment. to even test it you would need a japanese dsi/LL and a japanese copy of the game.

I finished the search but it found nothing. I put Vcount from 0 to 99 and timer0 from 0 to FFF. what can I do?
and:

edit:

oh. well, I don't know what a SHA message is, but I guess it is important...
try again when they release firmware 2.3. it may change at that point.

Why does out computer's clock need to be April Fools day for RNG Reporter to work? Is it a joke? Will that be changed eventually? *facepalm*

just..

*facepalm*
I'll take that as a maybe...otherwise is says something about the party ending

for those of you who are having trouble hitting your iv's i would like to think that what i have tired and has work 97% of the time just now works,if you have a key to press down that is, when you hard load the game. what you do is "(when you press A to load your game,you want to hold down you key past the nintendo screen untill you get to the black gamefreak screen and wait about half that screen (count to 2) then let go and mash A ) that should do it.you can try it.if it doesn't work then i don't know.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
for those of you who are having trouble hitting your iv's i would like to think that what i have tired and has work 97% of the time just now works,if you have a key to press down that is, when you hard load the game. what you do is "(when you press A to load your game,you want to hold down you key past the nintendo screen untill you get to the black gamefreak screen and wait about half that screen (count to 2) then let go and mash A ) that should do it.you can try it.if it doesn't work then i don't know.
Before or after the shooting star?
The only screen that matters is the Pokémon company one. After that shows up you can do whatever you want with the buttons.

There's no need to hurry into the game, you can wait as long as you want if you've hit your second.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
IIRC, there is a second Beta of RNG Reporter 9 out. However, it seems that whenever I download it, it only opens the previous RNG Reporter 9 (Beta 1). Am I wrong in thinking Beta 2 is out? And if not, can someone point me to the proper link?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
IIRC, there is a second Beta of RNG Reporter 9 out. However, it seems that whenever I download it, it only opens the previous RNG Reporter 9 (Beta 1). Am I wrong in thinking Beta 2 is out? And if not, can someone point me to the proper link?
The April Fools' version is actually (mostly) fully featured: http://eggmove.com/RNGReporter/RNGReporter941.zip There are maybe three things and a few bugs I'm going to patch up before the real release.

Just remember it only works if you set your computer date to April 1st.

Is it possible to check your 5th Gen SID?

also, does your ID number affect what natures appear on the natures list? or is the seed the only thing that determines it? just asking cause I was looking through the natures I was getting, I stopped because I couldn't find the pattern I was getting.

cause I know in previous gens it didn't do anything but check for shiny-ness based on the SID

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.

also, does your ID number affect what natures appear on the natures list? or is the seed the only thing that determines it? just asking cause I was looking through the natures I was getting, I stopped because I couldn't find the pattern I was getting.

cause I know in previous gens it didn't do anything but check for shiny-ness based on the SID
tid and sid are required for correct PID prediction:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3372023&postcount=683

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro

It does affect PIDs, but ONLY for shiny prediction. It does not affect the natures.

When will the version without the "Party's over" message come out? I really don't want to change my computer's date back to yesterday just to use RNG Reporter.

Walking and turning advances the PID RNG by one.
So, if I just use a Repel and turn in place, I should be able to
advance the PID RNG much faster than through saving, right?

Is advancing the PID RNG by turning in place only possible in
aereas with wild Pokémon, or does turning advance the PID RNG
by one no matter where you are?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 22)