Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ok yeah I'm not very creative in using the same arena for two battles at once but whatever.

2v2 Singles
3 Day DQ
Switch = KO
2 Recovers, 5 Chills

Arena:
Mt. Moon Cave said:
In the very centre of Mt. Moon, and at its peak, there is a cave. The diggable floor is well-lit by the full moon, which shines through a circular opening in the roof. The edges of the arena are slightly darker, but still impossible to hide in. The ceiling is high enough for Flying-type Pokémon to move freely, but unfortunately there is no water to be had. Every round, there is a 25% chance of a Clefairy appearing and using Metronome, but there is a slight difference in mechanics. For example, if Clefairy were to choose Ember, then Ember's power would be halved and used against both combatants.
So, is anybody up for it? *Wags finger*

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't really know how this will go, but who wants to be the first person I battle?

Lets go with:
3v3 Singles
2 Day DQ
2 Recovers, 5 Chills

And as for an arena, well, nothing too complicated. How about a field. With some grass. And lets just say there's a tree in the middle.

I don't really know how this will go, but who wants to be the first person I battle?

Lets go with:
3v3 Singles
2 Day DQ
2 Recovers, 5 Chills

And as for an arena, well, nothing too complicated. How about a field. With some grass. And lets just say there's a tree in the middle.
Done.

Switch=KO
All Abilities
No items

if nobody accepts, I'll just attack a first-timer instead. gosh.

I issue a challenge to the evil Flora!

2 vs 2 Singles
4 day DQ
No recoverry move/ Chill restrictions
No evolved pokemon ( I want to have a chance of winning OK?)

Arena: Abandoned mine with weak, flickering light bulbs. There is also rusted mining equipment that will collapse if damaged too much. Hitting the light bulbs will shatter them and shround the entire mine in total darkness. The ground is soft enough to Dig through, and there is water dripping all around. Weather is a non-factor for obvious reasons.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Challenging Nightmare Jigglypuff

1v1 singles
2 recover/5 chill/2 taunt
Arena: 8 Bit Mario Planet from Toy Time Galaxy. For the purposes of this battle, the lava squares do 3 damage an action with a 10% chance of a burn.

1v1 singles
Arena: 8 Bit Mario Planet from Toy Time Galaxy. For the purposes of this battle, the lava squares do nothing.
Challenge accepted.

Switch = Derp
One ability
No items

EDIT: the arena has changed a bit, the lava squares do 3 points of damage, and have a 10% chance of burning whoever steps on them.

I Challenge Banryu! I've reffed for you, I've been your partner, now I wish to decimate you in Pokeman to Pokeman combat!
3v3 singles
3 DQ Time
2 Recovers/ 5 Chills
Arena: Beat Mesa
A Giant Record that floats throygh the sky. It is surounded on all sides by magma, which equates to a -10 energy reduction if you fall off(You have to be called back,etc,etc.)The Mesa is constantly spinning, so moving too wuickly or whatnot may make you fall off.(Ref disrcetion.)
I warned you about the Stairs Bro.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

1v1 singles
Arena: 8 Bit Mario Planet from Toy Time Galaxy. For the purposes of this battle, the lava squares do 3 damage an action with a 10% chance of a burn.
Challenge accepted.

Switch = Derp
One ability
No items

EDIT: the arena has changed a bit, the lava squares do 3 points of damage, and have a 10% chance of burning whoever steps on them.
iiMKUltra & Nightmare Jigglypuff, I'll take your battle, PM me teams, & go easy on me, as this will be my first time reffing...

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Challenging Banryu

Rules:
4v4 Doubles
3 Day DQ; extra 48 hours granted to ref.
No Recovers / 5 Chills

Arena: Japanese Zen Garden
The Japanese Zen Garden is a very simple garden designed to instill a sense of serenity and calmness into a person's being. The Garden is designed in a circular way. Around the circle, there is a ring of water three feet wide that goes around the entirety of the circle. In the middle of the circle, there is a relatively shallow pond one foot in radius. There is a small channel in which water Pokemon can go from the pond to the outer ring.

The garden is split into four quadrants. The first quadrant has a zen garden, with rocks and sand raked into cool swirly patterns. There is also a strange rock formation in the middle of the barren-looking garden. For every attacking move used in this quadrant, there is a 5% chance that a Crustle will come out as the quadrant caretaker and fire off Rock Blast at the offender.

The second quadrant is the most natural out of any, and lush green grass grows all over the place. A couple tall oak trees grow within this quadrant, and they can be easily scaled due to the ridges and toughness of the bark. The branches are very sturdy, and the trees grow close enough such that leaping from tree to tree is plausible. All damaging attacks in this vicinity have a 5% chance of triggering the anger of Roserade, this quadrants caretaker. Roserade will use the powerful move Energy Ball should it come out.

The third quadrant is the most man-made one out of all the quadrants. It has a surface made of hard-packed dirt, and there are a couple slabs of marble that serve as rudimentary benches. The marble is light enough for strong Pokemon to lift it, but heavy enough to deal some damage to anyone that gets hit by this. There is also a garbage can in this quadrant that can also deal some damage (albeit slightly less). The caretaker of this quadrant is a human. Any attack that is issued has a 20% chance to summon the caretaker, who will proceed to hit the offender with his most powerful attack: Pound.

The last quadrant is the most stereotypical one. It appears to be in a perpetual state of autumn, and a collection of young Japanese maples mark the border of this quadrant. The yellow and red leaves fall as the match progresses, slowly covering up the ground, which is dirt with some patches of grass growing on it. It is not possible to climb onto the Japanese maples. Each attack issued will have a 5% chance of angering the caretaker, Xatu, who will come out and use Psychic on the offender.

Challenging Banryu

Rules:
4v4 Doubles
3 Day DQ; extra 48 hours granted to ref.
No Recovers / 5 Chills

Arena: Japanese Zen Garden
The Japanese Zen Garden is a very simple garden designed to instill a sense of serenity and calmness into a person's being. The Garden is designed in a circular way. Around the circle, there is a ring of water three feet wide that goes around the entirety of the circle. In the middle of the circle, there is a relatively shallow pond one foot in radius. There is a small channel in which water Pokemon can go from the pond to the outer ring.

The garden is split into four quadrants. The first quadrant has a zen garden, with rocks and sand raked into cool swirly patterns. There is also a strange rock formation in the middle of the barren-looking garden. For every attacking move used in this quadrant, there is a 5% chance that a Crustle will come out as the quadrant caretaker and fire off Rock Blast at the offender.

The second quadrant is the most natural out of any, and lush green grass grows all over the place. A couple tall oak trees grow within this quadrant, and they can be easily scaled due to the ridges and toughness of the bark. The branches are very sturdy, and the trees grow close enough such that leaping from tree to tree is plausible. All damaging attacks in this vicinity have a 5% chance of triggering the anger of Roserade, this quadrants caretaker. Roserade will use the powerful move Energy Ball should it come out.

The third quadrant is the most man-made one out of all the quadrants. It has a surface made of hard-packed dirt, and there are a couple slabs of marble that serve as rudimentary benches. The marble is light enough for strong Pokemon to lift it, but heavy enough to deal some damage to anyone that gets hit by this. There is also a garbage can in this quadrant that can also deal some damage (albeit slightly less). The caretaker of this quadrant is a human. Any attack that is issued has a 20% chance to summon the caretaker, who will proceed to hit the offender with his most powerful attack: Pound.

The last quadrant is the most stereotypical one. It appears to be in a perpetual state of autumn, and a collection of young Japanese maples mark the border of this quadrant. The yellow and red leaves fall as the match progresses, slowly covering up the ground, which is dirt with some patches of grass growing on it. It is not possible to climb onto the Japanese maples. Each attack issued will have a 5% chance of angering the caretaker, Xatu, who will come out and use Psychic on the offender.
ACCEPT ACCEPT ACCEPT ACCEPT ACCEPT ACCEPT ACCEPT

EDIT ONCE MORE: Only one ability, if it's not too late to change it? D:
No items
Switch=......KO

Was gonna say Okay, but the peer pressure is too great. Dx

EDIT: Wait, we have a gentlemen's agreement that we're using all unevolved Pokemon, yes? :0
EDIT: It is also my understanding that each quadrant is separated by a small stream of water leading from the outside ring of water to the center, is this correct? Or is the channel only in a specific location? Anyway I think we'll figure it out.

Frosty

=_=
Open challenge:

2 vs 2 doubles
DQ Time: 3 Days
No Recovers/ 5 chills
Arena:

Your generic rocky cave with no stalagmites (so its a plain arena) and several stalactites spread around the arena in a way that any pokemon will always be right under one of those. Strong attacks that hits the ceiling or the wall may (read: will) drop a stalactite at one of the pokes around dealing 5 damage.

Also there is a small pond for you water poke maniacs. Still susceptible to the stalactites though.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Lets go with:
3v3 Singles
2 Day DQ
2 Recovers, 5 Chills

I like your avatar.

Done.

Switch=KO
All Abilities
No items

if nobody accepts, I'll just attack a first-timer instead. gosh.
Better not use evolved mons or I'll fine you! :heart: PM teams!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Open challenge:

2 vs 2 doubles
No Recovers/ 5 chills
Arena:

Your generic rocky cave with no stalagmites (so its a plain arena) and several stalactites spread around the arena in a way that any pokemon will always be right under one of those. Strong attacks that hits the ceiling or the wall may (read: will) drop a stalactite at one of the pokes around dealing 5 damage.

Also there is a small pond for you water poke maniacs. Still susceptible to the stalactites though.
Ill accept frosty, as westwind and doominic have yet to make a thread for the battle.
I'll take this. PM me teams, yadda yadda yadda.

I Challenge Banryu! I've reffed for you, I've been your partner, now I wish to decimate you in Pokeman to Pokeman combat!
3v3 singles
3 DQ Time
2 Recovers/ 5 Chills
Arena: Beat Mesa
A Giant Record that floats throygh the sky. It is surounded on all sides by magma, which equates to a -10 energy reduction if you fall off(You have to be called back,etc,etc.)The Mesa is constantly spinning, so moving too wuickly or whatnot may make you fall off.(Ref disrcetion.)
I warned you about the Stairs Bro.
AHA! Somehow this escaped my notice. Very well, I accept!

- All Abilities
- No Items
- Switch = (....I dunno. You pick it.)

Yeah! Random battle #2: The Return!

2vs2 Doubles
No Recovers/ 5 chills
Arena: Tiny Meadow: A really small clearing enclosed by trees, with a small pond in the center. Due to the size of the arena, only unevolved Pokemon will be allowed to enter.

Yeah! Random battle #2: The Return!

2vs2 Doubles
No Recovers/ 5 chills
Arena: Tiny Meadow: A really small clearing enclosed by trees, with a small pond in the center. Due to the size of the arena, only unevolved Pokemon will be allowed to enter.
I'll ref this when someone accepts.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
There has been an unfortunate dominance of singles matches recently. To remedy this, I propose:

3v3 Triples
2 Day DQ
One Recover etc. / Unlimited Chills
Arena:
The Lake of Rage, in Johto. There are no real restrictions on moves, but there will be rain on every day except Wednesdays (determined by what day the ref refs) unless the players choose something different, and there are Gyarados in the lake. If the players disturb the Red Gyarados in the middle he will use Dragon Rage against everyone. It is also surrounded by trees, which Pokemon can hide in or use for whatever they want. You could even set them on fire :)

So then. Who's game? I have Pokemon of varying levels, so whoever is interested in triples is welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)