5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Yeah, I've read that rain part in MeGaMaN X's quote, but I was asking just to make sure saving doesn't help. Thanks again. :)
All you can do is mash A during the scene when you encounter the Roamer near the house, so you can have consistent results. At least, that worked for me.

Just wanted to say thanks for the thread and to Bearfan - i followed your youtube and managed to RNG my first pokemon last night. It took a good few efforts, i didnt have a 'sweet scenter' and i only wanted to test the process so went for the best stat spread i could that was on frame 1.

I ended up using my syncroniser to catch a Jolly Durant (it kept coming out Rash without the syncroniser) with 28/30/30/31/22/31 or there and there abouts (from memory of last night). Sure its not completely flawless but it was a good IV spread for a 1 frame. I caught this in the first cave of victory road. I wanted a Deini but it never cropped and i only had a jolly syncroniser with me so just went with the Durant in the end!

Ill have more tries tonight with better spreads - using things like the repels to help count steps to advance the frame - or just sending over my Chatot could be useful. ill also get a sweet scent move pokemon involved too....

The unfortunate thing was, I didnt save my calibration seed that allowed me to generate my new spreads:/ so tonight il have to start from scratch an re calib and then re generate the seens...Bahhh

Standard seeds (formerly known as non C-Gear) are encrypted. We know the encrypted messages for DS Lites\Originals, so we can predict them. But for DSis this is unknown. Soft-resetting and AR use also changes the encryption message in a way we do not know. This is why we cannot predict seeds under those circumstances.
Does that mean that people, who are dependent on a DSi have no chance to perform non c-gear seeds in the near future?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Does that mean that people, who are dependent on a DSi have no chance to perform non c-gear seeds in the near future?
It's being investigated, but chances are unlikely that it will be in what you are thinking of as "the near future".

I know non-c-gear calibration requires a sweet scenter, but i saved ages ago, in the house before thundurus' IVs are set. Is there anyway for me to calibrate my DS by using thundurus rather than a sweet scenter?

I've been trying to get a Cobalion with this seed, but haven't hit my seed once. I've checked IVs via parameter finder like this, but nothing ever comes up. I've tried this with three different seeds, multiple times per seed.

Seed: 4619586E47D3EC9C
Frame 5
Date/Time: 04/14/2011 06:26:58
KeyPress: Left

EDIT: Parameter data
vcount: 60
timer0: C7C
GxStat: 6
VFrame: 8
actual seconds: +1

Anyone?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
I know non-c-gear calibration requires a sweet scenter, but i saved ages ago, in the house before thundurus' IVs are set. Is there anyway for me to calibrate my DS by using thundurus rather than a sweet scenter?
You could try the following, but I can't promise that you'll get results.

Take your roamer IVs: HP, Atk, Def, SpA, SpD, Spe
and put them into this order: 0-31, HP, Atk, Def, SpD, Spe

Use this rearranged set of IVs (note that you have to put the full range from 0 to 31 on the HP IV, because it's completely unknown) in the parameter searcher.

Good luck.

Are those IVs in the screenshot from frame 5? If so, the DS parameter searcher won't work.

I assume you successfully calibrated already, and thus know your DS parameters (since otherwise you wouldn't have a seed to work with)?

Are those IVs in the screenshot from frame 5? If so, the DS parameter searcher won't work.

I assume you successfully calibrated already, and thus know your DS parameters (since otherwise you wouldn't have a seed to work with)?
Yes, they're from frame 5, and I've calibrated already. Thank you for this information, as it now makes sense why I'm not getting results from the search. Will a search work if my target seed is on frame 1?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Yes, they're from frame 5, and I've calibrated already. Thank you for this information, as it now makes sense why I'm not getting results from the search. Will a search work if my target seed is on frame 1?
Yes.

Alternatively, you could search in timefinder with those IVs (if you can narrow them down to exact IVs by leveling up with rare candies, for example) and set your max frame to 5, though this will take longer.

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I have a question regarding how to Advancing the frame (Non-C-Gear)
  • Moving 128 steps with Z Pokémon in your party.
    - Advances the frame by Z.
Can I walk 128 steps to advance the frame to the number of my pokemon in my party where there are wild pokemon and where there is no wild pokemon?

Also if the frame to reach is 16 and I have 5 pkmn in my party, Do I have to walk 384 steps with 5 pokemon in my party?

I'm having problems doing non c-gear egg IV abuse.
I'm using DSTWO on a DS lite and have been getting consistent DS Parameters with it (all 6 tries gave me the same results). The same codes were enabled (IV/EV check, 100% catch rate, fast egg hatch) when looking for DS parameters and RNG for egg IVs in case the codes affect the parameters in any way.

Seed: 5925FFD955C48E35
Frame: 8
Date/Time: 04/27/2011 19:31:42
KeyPress: Up
IV spread: 31/31/31/27/31/31

DS Parameters
VCount: 38
Timer0: 75A
GxStat: 6
VFrame: 15
actual seconds: +7

Parent A is Adamant Ditto@everstone with 31/31/31/31/31/31 IVs.
Parent B is Adamant Male Timburr with 31/31/31/4/28/31 IVs.

The steps I took were:
- Deposit the parents, ran around till an egg was produced.
- I save inside the daycare building, one step up from the door and facing the door.
- I set the DS date and clock to 04/27/2011 19:31:00, giving me enough time to select the game from DSTWO's menu
- I select the game at 19:31:35 (+7 to give me 19:31:42), press and hold Up all the way till the nintendo logo is shown.
- I enter the game without turning on c-gear
- Since the frame for my spread is 8 and eggs start at the 8th frame, I do not need to do any IV frame advancements.
- I press down to exit the building, while holding Left and spamming A so that I pick up the egg as soon as possible.
- I then hatch the egg to check the IVs.

The IV spreads that I kept getting were 27/22/31/27/31/31 or 31/31/23/14/31/1. As I know both parents have 31 IVs in both HP and Atk (31Spe for second spread), it means I either did not hit the correct seed or frame.
However, when I checked nearby frames under 'Method 5 (Standard Seed)', I do not see a 27HP/22Atk spread (or 1Spe) anywhere near it. Adjacent seeds (with 1 second or 1 timer0 off) also did not show such a spread.

I made sure I selected 'Gift Pokemon (Non-Mystery Gift)' under the encounter type when generating and looking for seeds too.

Is there anything I missed out or am doing wrong?

One thing I don't understand about frames is this.

When I load my game does the frame always equal 1? If I advance the frame to say 10 save it and re load the game using my seeded load time does it then always start from frame 10 or back to frame 1?. If not does that mean the time found frame is actually relative to the seed and that you need to recalibrate after each capture?

Also if I'm on a route of wandering NPC but they aren't visible in my screen area do they effect the frames at all?

Can I walk 128 steps to advance the frame to the number of my pokemon in my party where there are wild pokemon and where there is no wild pokemon?
When walking in places with wild pokemon, the both the IVRNG and PIDRNG advance, just at different paces, so the answer is yes. (I did this when RNGing Cobalion to get the IV frame I needed)

Also if the frame to reach is 16 and I have 5 pkmn in my party, Do I have to walk 384 steps with 5 pokemon in my party?
Yes if the monster frame is 1.

If you mash A, what kind of average PID frame would you end up on for Thundurus/Tornadus? Is there any kind of consistency at all?

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
When walking in places with wild pokemon, the both the IVRNG and PIDRNG advance, just at different paces, so the answer is yes. (I did this when RNGing Cobalion to get the IV frame I needed)

Yes if the monster frame is 1.
Thank you very much :)

If you mash A, what kind of average PID frame would you end up on for Thundurus/Tornadus? Is there any kind of consistency at all?
Yes, there is consistency. When RNGing mine yesterday, I mashed A everytime I made an attempt and got only 2 different results (maybe the Timer0 of non C Gear interfering here).

So as long as you mash A, you'll be able to get relevant results. What I did was leaving the house with no advancement at all (fram 1 spread) and mashing A until I regained control of my character. If the nature is wrong, start the same process, but save once before leaving the house, etc...

Sorry of this is a Noobish Question :/ But i Really Want to Start RNGing :3 Can you RNG On a Flashcard? If so is there any Difference than RNGing on a Retail Card?

Could someone (Bearsfan???) put together a youtube video of this process:

(Disregard the "who I'm quoting other than the Bold name... Just signed up so I probably got something wrong there :D)
Kaphotics said:
1) Get a Non-CGear seed with the IV spread you want.
2) Get a PID from that Non-CGear seed that you can hit
Be sure that the frame is high enough so that the 40+ advancements from the initial seed is already factored in
3) Split the PID into SID and ID. Convert to decimal.
4) Open up [Time Finder], be sure your same parameters are loaded.
5) Select Method 5 (Natures) Theoretical, select 5th Gen Roamers.
6) Enter the PID (converted into IDs) into the ID/SID field. Order doesn't matter.
7) Max frame is 100
8) Generate your "Shiny Roamers"
9) [Delete your old save so that you can start a new game]
10) Take a "Shiny Roamer" non-cgear seed and hit it. Start the new game.
11) Take the IDs you got, convert them back into a seed (SID_ID) to see what frame you hit.
12) Determine how many times you have to say "No" to the Professor so that what you hit would be what you want to hit (the shiny roamer PID).
13) Hit your non-cgear seed again, say "no" the proper amount of times on the second question from the Professor (name is correct).
14) You should have the IDs that you were wanting to hit (shiny roamer PID)
15) That seed from step 1 (the IV spread / PID) will now be shiny on whatever frame you took it from.
For the life of me, I'm getting lost somewhere in this maze. I've been able to successfully get an IV seed on frame 1 of 31's across the board (14B11BA60A595064), but beyond that I'm having tons of issues finding the rest of the info, or utilizing it properly. I'd love to see a youtube video just to know where I'm making my mistakes.

Just started trying this stuff the other day, but I landed a Jolly Victini with the seed noted above. Perfect stats and everything. I'm just having issues with the change to how to deal with starters and such. Also... Are starters considering Roaming, Stationary, or perhaps Wild? In the notes for when looking for a Shiny... It mentions looking through the Roaming list, but I don't understand how starters are "Roaming".

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. I've browsed through much of this entire thread, but can't seem to find the answers I'm looking for.

Sorry of this is a Noobish Question :/ But i Really Want to Start RNGing :3 Can you RNG On a Flashcard? If so is there any Difference than RNGing on a Retail Card?
You can C-Gear RNG on flashcarts and retail carts.

As for Non C-Gear (standard), you can RNG on retail carts without AR and certain flashcarts. The reason why flashcarts can't be used because the DS parameters fluctuate too much for the user to consistently the correct seed. However, I've seen people saying that CycloDS gives consistent DS parameters, DSTWO too. I'm using DSTWO myself and I got the same DS parameters out of all 6 tries.

You can C-Gear RNG on flashcarts and retail carts.

As for Non C-Gear (standard), you can RNG on retail carts without AR and certain flashcarts. The reason why flashcarts can't be used because the DS parameters fluctuate too much for the user to consistently the correct seed. However, I've seen people saying that CycloDS gives consistent DS parameters, DSTWO too. I'm using DSTWO myself and I got the same DS parameters out of all 6 tries.
Thank you So much :D Guess i'm going to have to learn to RNG the hard way :/

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This may be a stupid question but how do you RNG a wild pokemon in the grass? and how do you know youre going to get what you want?
You can, using Sweet Scent (Foongus/Amoongus get it upon capture). As far as getting what you want, do you mean the actual Pokemon? Right-clicking on the frame in "Natures (Theoretical)" allows you to see the encounter slot, but afaik there is no published list of which Pokemon are encountered in each slot for every route (that would be a shit ton of work).

Here is the quesion.
I got my ds parameters, which are
Vcount 60
Timer0 C7C
GxStat 6
Vframe 6
So i pressed Use result in time finder and when i try to generate seed nothing happens.
I switched to method 5 standart seed, enc type Stationary pok (i try to rng reshiram).
What am I doing wrong? Sry for the stupid question :-p

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
http://eggmove.com/encounterwhite.html

http://eggmove.com/encounterblack.html

they were done by a japanese site and then translated to english.
brilliant. i guess they need linking to in the same manner that the 4th gens are.
Kurouzu said:
So i pressed Use result in time finder and when i try to generate seed nothing happens.
I switched to method 5 standart seed, enc type Stationary pok (i try to rng reshiram).
What am I doing wrong? Sry for the stupid question :-p
What seed are you trying to generate? Are you searching in the Time Finder?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)